Suggestions on replacing my car after a wreck? $10k budget

Hey Veeky Forums, I need some advice.

Some woman in a minivan not paying attention decided to t-bone me, most likely totalling my car. It was a Volkswagen CC, and I loved it a lot. It was my first car, so I modded the hell out of it and had a lot of fun with the car. Bags, bolt-ons, tune, wrap, the whole 9 yards. I’ll miss is so much.

Assuming insurance gives me $10k (which is highly unlikely, but we’ll see), what car should I buy that would be somewhat similar? Other than mine, I don’t want another CC because they’re pretty terrible. I’m looking for something that is:

1. Less than 15 years old

2. Turbocharged from factory is preferred but not mandatory

3. Either dual clutch auto or manual

4. Has at least somewhat of a modding community around it

5. At least decently reliable (I don’t mind if it’s a bit unreliable, but not “W12 Phaeton” unreliable)

6. Not high-mileage

7. And not a Miata because I already own one

I was thinking of trying to find a Volkswagen EOS with the EA888 because it’s very similar to my CC mechanically, lots of mods are cross-compatible with Mk5/6 GTI’s, the VW modding community is so large but the EOS is still unique, and the Scirocco front end looks so good on it.

What do y’all think? I’d love to hear your thoughts/suggestions. Pic related was my CC just hours before the wreck :(

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-toyota-soarer-jzz30/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3k civic, rest in mods

Here’s a pic of the VW and the Miata together. Makes me sad looking through pictures of the thing. :/

Knew it was coming lol

For real though, if there were any clean civic hatches in the area, I wouldn’t mind driving one. I’ve always been a closet Honda fan, but all the Hondas around here are either mint condition Si’s that are selling way overpriced or they’re rusted out with 300k miles and a salvage title.

Here’s an example of something I’d like to do with an EOS (along with power mods because what’s the point in having a good looking car if it doesn’t go anywhere when you floor it?).

Bump ft. my Miata

Holy shit that's disgusting

Thanks xoxo

I know Veeky Forums hates “stance cars,” so does this make up for it at all? :)

Prove to the insurance company the mods were done and add the value of the parts to the blue book value of the car to get a bigger pay out. Call agent now

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-toyota-soarer-jzz30/

Any thoughts on something like this? If I sell my Miata, this could be something that I’d be totally ok daily driving. Sure it isn’t within the 15 year limit, but it’s super low mileage and very clean.

I wouldn’t modify it too much beyond wheels, tyres, exhaust, and maybe a tune if I get bored.

I thought you had to insure the parts beforehand? How would I go about doing this? I’m losing so much money as it is, so if this it true, it’ll save me so much time and stress.

Found a 2012 CC in manual (rare as fuck) with 70k miles going for $9k. Should I just buy the car back from insurance and transfer the parts onto that one?

she did you a favor
why would you do that to a cc of all cars

Like I said, it was my first car that I bought before I was really into cars at all and I just worked with what I had. It's not like they're race cars or anything, so I modded it to my own taste. :)

Also, it's bagged anyways. It's not like the car's ruined forever because it scrapes everywhere.

Unironic advice coming through.
4th gen Legacy GT, but don't you dare bag it, cunt.

Look into an E60 5 series. Post face lift models in particular. I6 non turbocharged BMW engines are actually pretty reliable despite the memes. They didn't start having problems until they started turbocharging everything. Just avoid 8 and 10 cylinder models.

This

Actually not a bad idea. There's a 2005 near me on CL listed for $5800 with 97k miles.

You don't think it's worth getting the model with the N54? There's a lot more potential modification with those cars, and they're not THAT unreliable. There's a 2011 535i with 90k near me going for $11k.

Also, I just found a 2008 in a manual with the same mileage going for the same price.