So what the fuck is wrong with your cars?

So what the fuck is wrong with your cars?

This is my shitbox.
>Bunch of weird suspension noises in the front from crash before I got at auction
>Shuts off at highway speeds once in a while, gotta throw in neutral and turn back on
>Fuckin black dust in trans fluid
>Transmission shifts weird
>My wiper motor just fucked up and there's a storm tomorrow

But I still put 300+ miles a week goin all over the place. Based Honda reliability. Also, people always take pics of my little spoiler when I go to stores or work.

The indicator on the dash that tell whether the brights are on or not doesn't work though the brights work fine, and my radio antenna doesn't go up. Sad stuff.

Love the spoiler btw

>burns oil
>leaks oil out of front main seal
>has been rear ended bad
>one engine mount, the captured nuts broke off inside the frame
>bad wheel bearing on rear passenger
>both front lower ball joints need replacement
>SRS light on
>needs primary o2 sensor
>needs ignition rewired with heavier gauge wire

I'm probably forgetting something

>lowered it too much on coilovers
>now the alignment is completely off
>one side is lower than the other since the jackass aligning it played too much with the ride height without undoing the swaybar
>still wheelhops after an entire irs grip kit
>not enough loctite to keep the differential bolts to not loosen up and cause a "clunk" on shifts
>raced it too much, and to avoid wheelhop l ate the clutch up
>now the bearings squeal at me constantly
>front right tire is tired of bad alignment so now wheel noise at 70mph
>top is damaged and guy said he wouldnt warranty
>friend damaged fender paint while we were swapping the k member
>strut mount bar was over tightened by "friend" and it crumpled the metal under my cowl a little bit
>rear gear is too high for daily driving but too low for racing
>halfshaft boot has been off since l bought the thing
>while doing 160 with the top down the style bars fabric started falling off
>there just isnt enough time anymore to do anything

>rx8
>bad engine mounts
>causes the car to shake at low rpms

I just leave my suspension stock for the time being. I don't have the budget for coil overs and the car corners just fine for me

Easy fix probably like less than 200 for every mount.

Dont you want to spend a Saturday drinking beers and putting mounts in??

Im going to a drag spring on coilover. 12/175 in the front. Instead of these 10/350s. And lm removing the rear 8/500s in the rear for stock springs and shock.

Im also taking my swaybars off and putting skinnies/fatties on it.
Thatll most likely clear up any alignment problem l have.

Beyond that. Yeah. Id never recommend anything but drop spindles on anything these days. Lowering is a fucking headache.

Im gonna stop trying to be some breaking down road warrior and just make it drag race only.

>windshield stress fractured nearly the entire width at eye level

>nothing, but i bought a cpo 2015 FRS and bought a warranty.

Rx8 is all you had to say

Suspensions are shit and the reverse sometimes doesn't work unless I force it in reverse.

All the floors except for the driver's one on my 1.1 Punto have a hole in them

Problem with my Civic is a lot less severe.
It gets driven so rarely I have to jump start it.

It's fucking cursed.
Been hit 3 times while parked and got into a hit & run with an illegal immigrant.
Other than that it still runs and looks great, currently at 80k miles.

I'm trying to get a car that been sitting for two years back in road worthy condition. Spent all today sorting shit fuel pressure and now it's throwing knock sensor circuit failure code. I just put a new one on, so I'm probably gonna have to rewire it which I'm sure will be a cunt.

>go over bump
>*squeak*
>press clutch
>*squeak*
>turn wheel if it's a warm day
>*squeak*

>all these problems
>b-based reliability guise
You need to be run off the road.

and
>turn wipers on
>*squeak*

P1701
>but it runs fine
P1701
>but every goddamn cause in the workshop manual has been inspected and related parts are operating normally
P1701
>fine, I'll clear the code and see if it comes-
P1701

>steering column moves
>some dash lights dont work
>gearbox is fucked
>have to do distribution belt ASAP
>rear right light is busted and parts are literally impossible to find
>have to tune carb and possibly ignition because it has dogshit fuel economy despite being a 1.4
>had front shock, have to swap out the bumper and hood and straighten the chassis
>front right blinker is cracked
>rear bumper is cracked
>front right seat was eaten by dog, so was driver belt
>pisses brake fluid form nowhere
>alignment is to be done again
>slight rust
>headlights are completely out of alignment because of crash
>some silent block on the front axle is fucked and it rattles hard sometimes
It's a great car and I love her tho, I'm definitely fixing her. She's too rare to be let down and she done took me around europe without problems.

Manual swap will solve it

My car is dirty.

>brakes start pulsating
>replace front rotors, pads
>still pulsating
>replace rears as well
>still pulsating, but now only when braking from highway speeds

help

>no idea if the suspension was supposed to be bad but it rides like shit
>drivers seat is fucked, weak ass pot metal snapped and it's barely held in
>tail light housings like to melt and short out
>transmission sometimes doesn't want to shift
>radiator leaks sometiems
>just when you think the serpentine belt doesn't squeak anymore it does it again (but only in drive gears, in park it's fine)
>power steering makes loud angry noises when you turn too hard
but it's my car and I've had it since HS graduation and I don't want to get rid of it

the biggest thing wrong with my car are the stereotypes

:[

It's a cute photo and I see what you were going for but your composition is all fucked. The subject should never be at the end of the frame facing the outside of the frame. It just guides the eyes off frame which makes that beautiful road irrelevant in this photo.

>no idea if the suspension was supposed to be bad but it rides like shit
And the hell of it is they still ride better than others in it's class like the Explorer. IRS notwithstanding.

Nothing mechanical. 70k miles, presidential package. The wheels are scuffed to hell, but it's otherwise spotless. Old people car is best car. Paid $3000 for it after my Marauder was rear ended by some ditz texting and driving in daddy's silverado 2500. Hopefully using the difference to fix the Marauder, it needs a trunk, quarter panel, the exhaust is bent and obviously paint.

Attached: 001.jpg (1440x1072, 360K)

Crash induced issues and an ignition switch issue that has never resulted in me stranded in various 500-mile trips just weird shit... Sounds pretty reliable

>warped rotors at 50mph: WHURWHURWHURWHURWHURWHUR pulsing sound in car

Attached: 1520656561934.gif (645x645, 223K)

>possible blown head gasket - blue/white smoke comes out of exhaust when backing up out of steep driveways
>warped rotors
>weak washer fluid pump

Attached: 900A0D3A-4E4A-4EC5-96DE-F185959183E7.jpg (2048x1536, 1.26M)

>burns oil in vtech
> throw out bearing Makin a crunchy crunch sound
>dent in rear quarter panel il never fix ;(

Other than that she's a beast, just got new speakers too.

>my seat belt has to be clicked before it locks

>Literally have a perfect 02 civic aside from that

Thats what happens when you're your own mechanic.

Here's a list of the shit the previous owner did to my truck before I got it instead:
>Took a can of black spray paint and did a redneck custom tint job to the windows
>Took out the stereo system except for the wiring, leaving a big mess everywhere.
>Drilled into the firewall to install said stereo system.
>Installed a ball hitch to the bumper, proceeded to attempt in towing something, then destroyed the bumper and just left it like that
>Same with front bumper, but no ball hitch, just a rope around the bumper which ripped out some of the mounting clips.
>Put duct tape around the air intake hose to "fix" it instead of buying one at a junkyard for 5 bucks.
>Did absolutely no maintenance to it. Barely ran when she sold it to me.
>Jammed a sock into the window washer fluid hose in an attempt to cover the giant hole in it.
>Hot glued the side mirror to the truck instead of buying new bolts when they broke
This woman was a complete dumbass.

Attached: 20180124_161130.jpg (5312x2988, 3.25M)

Pros of the truck is after I fixed her up, it runs good, no transmission issues, all the electrics work, and the insurance is dirt cheap. Just gotta get new tires and it'll be a somewhat decent truck.

You've got some big balls buying a shitbox like that.

What are you going to do about the windows? paint thinner/acetone/everclear?

>have to fix my clockspring so I can have a road-safe car again (horn doesn't work)
>it's a $12 part but it takes an hour or two of labor just to take apart the steering wheel & electronic doodads to replace it
>thinking about buying a $25 refurbished radar detector on ebay instead because I make bad decisions

Attached: 1502410015593.png (250x273, 84K)

I kind of want to do the exact opposite what people normally do with jeeps and improve both its street performance and ride quality

check the calipers. could also be the bearings

i hope you paid like $100 for that

Haha no V-tec

-leaks gas
-broken radio
-wipers don't really work

Other than that it's not bad? Hopefully nothing else breaks.

>Bearing in timing chain assembly screeches like a demon in anything resembling cold
>"Indestructible" KA24 likes to eat it's own timing gear because it's kind of retarded at being a work engine
>Wired stereo in wrong, only get sound out of driver-side speaker
>Front suspension basically just there to hold the truck up now
>E-brake never worked
>Valve cover gasket puked all over itself like a freshman
>Now getting a new power steering pump fitted

90's Japanese trucks are dope but they're not made of unobtanium like the circlejerkers say.

>backing into parking spot
>turn wheel to full lock left
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEpshhhh
>lose power steering
>oh fuck
>get out
>hydraulic fluid all over the ground
>still dripping out of the steering rack
>fucking shit
>take it to mechanic I know
>he tells me it's just a hose that burst, but because it's a Volvo he has to replace the whole rack
>runs me $1,300 all told
>get it done
>throttle body goes the next day
>fucking nigger
>bring it in again, mechanic bro tells me it's basically fucked and the timing belt is looking worn too
>he didn't even have the tools to fix it, told me I'd have to bring it to a volvo certified mechanic, and at that point I'd be better off just replacing it
>decide to scrap it
>he pulls out the steering rack and refunds me part of the bill
>also lines me up with a really good deal on a 2016 Accord EX-L with less than 5k miles
so I guess there's nothing wrong with my car now, it's pretty much brand new

>boost gauge hisses at idle
>cup holder lights work intermittently at best
>driver’s door seal leaks in heavy rain
>dings and scratches all over paint
>rust on quarter panels needs attention
>rear Watt’s Link needs replaced
>motor mounts need replaced
>flexpipe needs replaced
>due for an oil change
>brake pads should be changed
>leaks power steering fluid but the level is never low
>sometimes belts squeal on starting
>need to remove exhaust baffle
>headlights need to be polished and sealed (again)

*interior rattles intensify*

All in all, not too bad for a 15 year old Chrysler. I’ll be doing the watts link in spring, but I’ll probably pay someone to do the engine mounts since I don’t have a lift or time to do it.

Attached: 9F49E775-760F-4BA7-9E58-9DBA9A087DF8.jpg (3264x2448, 3.58M)

My clutch is extremely loud and it rattles at any speed over 50mph

>rightside door hatch release no longer functional
>I just KNOW I need to change the clutch pack
>I have a sneaking suspicion my alignment is off but am too terrified to take it anywhere for fear of being right
>paint is getting ruined because someone stole my car cover and >>>s/o/cal sun is cancer
>need to change oil but can't afford the 30,000 gallons of 10w30
>center console leather top is coming off and can't afford to reupholster
>lots of the dash plastics are seemingly off-kilter - again too scared to attempt repairs
>haven't actually vacuumed the car in a few months
>headliner is sagging and almost detached all the way across the interior
>TOO SCARED TO TRY AND FIX ANYTHING
>TOO SCARED TO TRY AND PUSH IT AS HARD AS IT CAN GO

I plan on taking it to the 180+ limit some day at a test run, but until I have real disposable income to push it there, I'm just DD'ing it for groceries and gas.

Attached: Image-1 (5).jpg (1280x722, 126K)

Which stereotype? Because I have seen all kinds of folks drive a WRX in my area.

If I count the myriad electrical quirks as one thing under "the wiring is so old that it's literally falling apart" I would say that my main issues are...
>the power steering fluid reservoir coating my entire engine in a hearty layer of gunk despite my doing everything except replacing the unit
>my windshield wipers not working (motor fed)
>my AC not working
>my passenger door not working
>not having a rear wiper assembly
>various plastic parts falling apart when touched
>a key broken off in the tumbler of the passenger door
>struts on the hatch failing
>cruise control ded
>overdrive switch keeps coming loose
>I have to keep the wheel at 10 o'clock to drive straight
>windshield has four cracks
>engine being held in place by one aftermarket bolt and one stripped original bolt
>one of the belts ground its way through the air intake so now my air is unfiltered
>air blows on me from outside and I can't fucking find where it's coming from
>the power steering screams and chatters when I pin the wheel
>most of the interior in the front has been torn up from trying to get at various parts of the car and not replaced because the plastic bits and bobs that tack it all together keep breaking
>a mysterious high-pitched whine started about two weeks ago and In have no idea what it is
>dash looks like a dried up mud puddle
>some other minor shit

But being an '82 Volvo, the vast majority of parts that actually make the car go are rock-solid. I've replaced an alternator, a starter and two ball joints (AFTER limping back to my house when one blew out on me in traffic) by myself and had a new clutch put in it in the 7 years I've had it, and those all replaced the originals at 350k+. I don't know the actual mileage because both odometers are busted but by now it's probably pushing 400k. I also can't find anyone who will cut me a fucking steel key, which I need because the steel tumblers in my car have eaten about four brass keys at this point, including in the ignition.

A few days ago I bought a 07 mazda 6 170k miles for 900$. Ac doesnt work, interior needs work, cracked windsheild, dents and scratches, needs a few other small things like valve cover gasket and brake pads. Runs and drives well. Howd i do?

I love your spoiler user

Oh, yeah, and this is what my clutch looked like before it died

Attached: P_20180310_223513_vHDR_On.jpg (2160x3840, 1.98M)

Attached: P_20180310_223525_vHDR_On.jpg (2160x3840, 1.81M)

07 five hundred. AWD :] CVT :[

Go to breakfast with wife, runs like a champ.
Go to run errands in afternoon.

Start
"wrench" light comes on
Put in reverse
Rolls forward down my drive way.

Having it towed tomorrow. :[

Attached: 500.jpg (789x595, 70K)

That's the thickness

Attached: P_20180310_224035_vHDR_On.jpg (2160x3840, 1.76M)

>1987 Ford Ranger
>transmission blown
>rear suspension sagging completely due to only one leaf spring per side because Mexicans previously owned it
>driver seat wobbles like crazy because again Mexicans
>none of the gauges work properly
>no thermostat so no heater
>no windshield wipers
>rear window broken
>stereo is Mexican rigged
>driver side door only opens from inside

Wow I didn’t think it had a lot of problems till I wrote it all out

Nah senpai buy the part. You'll thank yourself for it down the line.

my car starts and revs up to 4000rpms. i picked up a IAC for the intake manifold but it turns out its the EGR that might be stuck open or needs replacement or the power steering pump has no pressure. i dont know how to get the car to stop revving up to 4000rpm i already checked the throttle cable and was holding it shut while it still revved up to 4000rpms

But how much did you pay for it?

I already did, I'm tired of driving around with no horn

That was nice of him to refund you. Mechanic replaced my water pump in my old car that failed the next day. I towed the car back and the following week he replaced the water pump with a genuine Nissan one this time and the damage plus he covered my towing bill. Car water never the same after that bit ended up swapping the motor out for an SR20 a few months later anyway.

Replace your fucking ignition switch. You do it within the car and the hardest part is just routing the switch alongside the old one.

I forgot that the windshield is cracked and the cruise control and the A/C don't work.

The drivers door window guide cracked and yanked up half the rubber.
Got the new guide a couple days ago but cbf taking off a couple screws and the guide to replace.

Also, the tyres grip too well.

They're like $130 per mount, I'm just lazy, also don't have a hoist.

Actually got an appointment on Tuesday at my local Honda dealer since it's under a 19 year old recall. It shall be done, friend.

Nothing

Attached: 20180310_133513.jpg (4002x2610, 2.57M)

it's a manual
today it started throwing an O2/AFR sensor code that I haven't seen before and I haven't replaced or inspected the wiring on that yet, so maybe there's a light at the end of this tunnel

>central locking stopped obeying remote, invidual locks frozen shut or open
>eats oil and coolant
>once got rotten egg smell and I don't know if it was mine or a car in front of me
>one tire slowly keeps dropping air
>cold enough and it may do that weird idle rpm up/down like it's gasping for air

>Fuel sender is bad, so fuel gauge always reads E. Fixing soon on dealer's expense.
>Headliner is starting to be shit.
>Needs wheels balanced, slight vibration at 80+
>Random bouts of rough idle.
>ICC usually doesn't work in the morning???
>Misc small paint chips and scratches.
>I'd like it to be a little faster.

Attached: 28433535_159371141415270_5066899758065385472_n(1).jpg (1080x810, 131K)

My old 540i did the rotten egg smell right before I got rid of it because it was misfiring like a motherfucker.

Huh
I dunno how constant that smell should be to start worrying about the cat. It was just this one time weeks ago, and I do 15-30 km trips at least twice a week.

$500 initially, I’ve invested roughly $400 on improvements. It’s come a long way. I’m trying to save the money now to LS swap it while the trans is trash