Auto v Manual

The absolute STATE of americans
youtube.com/watch?v=P8bCeWVY9F8

Attached: d1fe47fc2fad7e8ab4d912c6fcf66b7cx.jpg (672x372, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VxRx6XWRC8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer manual to feel more "connected" to the car, but for everyday purposes especially fuel economy and multitasking while driving (brainlets need not apply) an automatic is simply superior

For a low power car a manual is necessary to wring the power out. This is considerable fun.

The only time I want an auto is in fuckoff hot heat where I need the A/C, the power loss won't be nearly as disappointing, as the auto already sucks away majority of it anyway.

Attached: 1520593506808.png (362x365, 102K)

>multitasking while driving

Roastie detected.

>tfw smoke a durry, drink a coke and navigate roundabouts correctly (driving + indicating) and shifting at the same time
Auto is necessary when you’re tripping balls and have to get somewhere while exploring the the mundanity of human existence while drive at high speed in peak hour

DSG gearboxes are creaping into the already small manual market.

If you're multitasking while driving i'm afraid you may be the brainlet.

>but for everyday purposes especially fuel economy
fuel economy is worse in autos you doofus

Normies will never know the pleasure of perfect shifts.

Attached: 1439501320692.jpg (310x320, 34K)

this guy must be pushing 600 lbs

manual or automatic should be the least of his worries rn

Attached: 1495278070076.gif (220x212, 2.57M)

Depends on type. Latest CVT cars show interesting fuel consumption figures.

CVT smashes all transmission types for DD use.

Always in the right power band no gear changing.

You clearly don't use your DD like I do then lol

Gas all fat people.
Seriously, fat genocide, when?
EVEN THE GUY BESIDE HIM IS A FAT GIANT LARD.
I FUCKING HATE FATSOS

>somebody isn't good at something they're doing for the first time

Could you please tell me what the shift pattern for this is and how to operate it? I am just too American for this.

Attached: why does that automatic have a clutch.jpg (799x481, 58K)

I own 1 of each.

Manual
>proactive

Auto
>reactive

A manual will let you use engine braking to slow down, while an auto will wait until you already have slowed down before it drops a gear.
You can tell most autos to go down a gear to use engine braking like a manual, but at that point you're driving a more expensive manual with more possible points of failure.
What's the point? If you want to change the gears yourself buy a fucking manual you goober.

You use your brakes a ton more in an auto as well.
Autos are boss in traffic tho.

>What's the point? If you want to change the gears yourself buy a fucking manual you goober.

Because this is what happens when the engine in my car is allowed a manual.

Attached: 28155691_1711886318833676_6726658834170904576_n.jpg (1080x1080, 1.16M)

when it comes to economy it depend on the # of gears and their ratios.. not if its auto or manual.. my 91 metro is a manual with 5 speeds.. gets mpgs than the 3 speed automatic that was optioned.. and my 17 gti gets slighty worse mpgs in my manual vs the optioned dsg

amerigoblins are fucking disgusting

Attached: la creatura.png (1279x676, 1.18M)

Attached: 41245F30-95DB-4831-9763-5328E4D2969E.jpg (500x500, 66K)

I just genuinely prefer torque converters when taking off from a start.

converters can't compare to sidestepping the clutch @ 8k rpm

Sidestepping? Do you mean heel-toeing?

no, I mean sidestepping the clutch as in dumping the clutch as in whatever the fuck you want to call it

And the cvt always smashes itself before 100k.

Ooooh.

>doesn't preload the drivetrain, line lock/sorta slipping the clutch tap dancing act like I do to launch a manual is a stopgap measure that is inconsistent
>if your car makes a modicum of power you're gonna fucking break shit a lot.

I hope you like spending more money to be less consistent and slower.

git fucking gud

>is a stopgap measure that is inconsistent
the fuck are you going on about?

Believe you me, I learned dance to appease the Muncie gods and give the Boiler Man a run for his money. It's the breaking shit I couldn't deal with, I'm not made of money.

sounds like you're doing it wrong, then. try using your e-brake as a line lock

>can't press clutch because calves rub together
>sandals keep slipping off pedals
>can't wear real shoes because fat feet
>is happy to be seen in public like this
The absolute STATE of americans, indeed.

Attached: wrge.jpg (1279x689, 171K)

Do you know what a line lock is?

>now have a 5th thing to operate with my foot instead of just 4.

A weapon to surpass metal gear.

yes you dumb motherfucker, I'm curious how these can be viewed as "inconsistent stopgap measures". You have to be retarded to suck at preloading.

>a 5th thing to operate with my foot
get a car with a handbrake, grandpa

The whole old method of line lock and being quick on the feet was something with a 4 speed was something old drag racers did before the whole high stall converter thing was figured out, it was a temporary solution. That's a stopgap.

You're doing like three times as much as 99% of the guys who'll roll up next to you, each separate task presents an opportunity to do something a bit different and that is inconsistency. When you get halfway serious and things can come down to fractions of a second little things make a difference.

It's a stopgap that is inconsistent.

this is some top level bait. preloading with a number stick works 100% of the time if you do it right, so it's not a temporary stopgap. It's the solution for retards without the $$$ for internals that can handle some slack

Stop skateboarding on the sidewalk with those colored folks.

skateboarding is for thugs, inline is where it's at

>FUCK he actually answered, I can just pretend I was retarded the whole time!

I see the number stick maymay is being totally not forced.

Now this is the kinda shit that hurts me deep down.

Attached: 1390440605579.jpg (533x400, 102K)

>preloading a manual
>not working consistently
as I said, bait. you're doing it wrong if it isn't working. also, I've been to bob's house to launch myself off the mega ramp so get fucked

Manual makes the superior driving experience

Attached: Screenshot_20180212-191853.jpg (1439x2166, 1.12M)

>that screenshot

Oh man, I can't wait until he finds out torque converters are a thing and his yuropeen revisionist history theory gets turned upside down.
Have this fresh slice of hell for good measure.

Attached: 727_torqueflite.jpg (481x352, 18K)

Manual transmissions are just more fun to drive. It’s as simple as that. I suppose there is an element of autism responsible for it all but fuck I highly doubt there are people who can’t genuinely enjoy banging gears in a Miata or driving an old school 4x4 truck. It’s just so much more engaging

Extra 1000 pounds to the weight of the car

youtube.com/watch?v=VxRx6XWRC8c

Too bad modern cars are numb ass clouds with no road feel. A manual isn't going to improve that driving experience much.

manually selecting gears in an auto is objectively more enganging than leaving it in drive. a manual gearbox is objectively more engaging than both of those

>complains about cars not being connected with the driver
>rejects something that drastically increases driver-car connection

Manually selecting gears helps you stay awake in traffic but that's about it. You might as well just leave it in D.

A boring ass sedan with a stick is still a boring ass sedan. It would be like converting a crown vic to manual... It's just kind of pointless. You're still left with a boring ass lump.

Welding a trailer ball in place of your seat and restraining yourself by the force of your clenched asshole alone would bring you even closer than that! Something tells me I'm not gonna see you oiling up though. Changing one part of the package doesn't magically fix everything.

Attached: science6.jpg (739x563, 32K)

>Manually selecting gears helps you stay awake in traffic but that's about it.
or for when you want to downshift for an up-hill so you don't bog out in overdrive before autotragic kicks in

>tfw spent hours trying to learn manual and have only managed to learn how to move up to 1st gear really slowly

>yfw

Attached: images.png (211x239, 6K)

Try it and find out. I’ve swapoed a boring ass Corolla from auto to manual and it was a blast. But “fun” and “boring” are subjective terms. The manual definitely increases driver connection

You’d know better than me about shoving a tow ball up your ass. But your mom knows all about shifting gears I. A manual with her ass, go ask her

Wait, do they not teach manual in driving school in America? I'm in Canada, and to pass driving school we had to be able to drive a manual

>I. A manual with her ass

Were the tears in your eyes keeping you from being able to see what you were typing? It's expected to happen when you get so utterly fucking ruined.

Attached: rex.jpg (600x300, 23K)

>I prefer manual to feel more "connected" to the car
My own car is manual but the car that felt most "connected" that I've driven had a sequential manual paddleshift (pic related). On the other hand, the DSG car I drove felt electronicy and less connected even if the shifts were fast.

I drove a (traditional) auto in the USA recently and it was mostly comfy but riding the brake down long hills because you can't engine brake felt wrong.

Attached: 4arielatom3.5rpicture.jpg (824x457, 66K)

Pretty sure you also don't have to learn stick in most provinces. Which are you in?

Just allow me to select the gearing and I'm good. Automatics may be shifting faster, but it will be a long time before an automatic can anticipate that the driver is trying to slow down or speed up.

Ontario, to get my G2 I had to learn stick. This was back in 2008 though.

We have this thread every day.

You're full of shit. I got my g2 in 2003 and never had to use stick. They never asked or cared

Same with the full g a year or two later.

Attached: auto vs manual threads.gif (338x252, 2.78M)

i laughed my fucking ass off
this is fucking insane

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure you can get your CDl on an automatic at least in Alberta. Scary.

Attached: 1443051955062.jpg (755x755, 111K)

la abominacion......