No Grom? Try the ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYmqZBDk_eI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for tfw crawling into a nice warm bed after a long day of riding.

>tfw no one to warm up my bed

>tfw going to try to take my cruiser in very mild offroading today

wml boys

tfw

Electric blanket is nice but it's not the same.

is very mild off roading riding on a dirt road?

First for comfy is best.

Break a leg.

dirt road with some infrequent bad bumps and rocks

cheers lad

That took like 45 seconds to upload.

>Honda Shadow
>comfy
Enjoy your vibrations, buzzy highway riding, and non-existent 6th gear when you're looking for it.

Will do.

Will you fap before going to sleep?

Don't worry, I still love you.

wew lad

is 400 too little for 30mi commute (total)?

>tfw road a 300 on the freeway to work every day for 3 months (36 miles round trip)

No.

so how was it? enough or you could use a bit more?

Would you be my boyfriend?

Okay, I think it's time I addressed the 500lb elephant in the room here.

How come almost EVERY person looking to buy a bike and asks for advice online has insane commutes? Like 30 miles to 1 hour long drives along the highway?
Literally 9 out of 10 posts on here and posts on outside forums ask the same shit.
>Can it do 65mph for __ hours?
>Is it okay to use on the highway?
>I weigh _____. Can it still cruise at highway speeds?
>10 hour commute to work! Is this bike okay?
You get the point...

I did 150 miles in a day on a 250 almost every weekend, pounding on ~3,000 miles in 3 months.

So no. Especially if it's the ninja 400, it'll commute just fine.

Most likely.

So my daily 100km commute is abnormally long...?
>tfw not a city rat

it's 30 miles but not city miles, it doesn't take me an hour to get there, especially since i'm lucky to being able to avoid any kind of rush hours
i get to work in like ~20min by car

I did 300 miles in am afternoon on a Ninja 250.

Lot of twisties but there was a decent highway slog in there too.

>Most likely
Good fap, m8.

I miss my Ninja 250...

well it screamed at me the entire time. i don't have a tach but im assuming i was needing to hit ~6800 rpms to go 75. Before I got some saddlebags on I could top out around ~85 MPH, but it would take literally about 25 seconds to get there. Now there's too much drag I can't get past 75 except on a decline. If you have a high tolerance to vibrations it wouldn't be so bad, but it would truly get pretty wicked sometimes, like to the point where If I kept my teeth clenched, they'd vibrate too

rebel 300, no speed here, only laughter and embarrassment

>be dedicated
>ride all winter
>see 2 or 3 people on bikes a day
>waving them feels right
>"season" starts
>cuck motorcyclists everywhere
>everyone waves
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
it just feels wrong
they shouldn't be allowed to do this

>waving
it is a new rider thing. just nod at people and only those that are on cool bikes.
people on shit bikes get really offended when you won't acknowledge their hobby.

>live in se asia
>not available in my country

FUCKING WHY HONDA

I WANT THIS NOT THAT 500cc CROTCH ROCKET THE SALES GUY TRIES TO SWEET TALK ME INTO

IS IT SO HARD TO BUY A COMFY BIKE HUH HONDA

Fun bikes on a windy road, it's so satisfying to work it hard and pile into corners as fast as you dare to keep the momentum up.

It's not what you've got, but whether or not you enjoy it that matters.

Not a cruiser guy myself but I heard a Kwak 250 cruiser that sounded pretty decent today. Way better than the Ninja two fiddys ever did.

They are a lot more expensive and a cbr500 but then they also hold their value better and are a better bike in every imaginable way so worth it i guess.
import one if you really need to have one, mine was a grey import even though they do actually sell them in my country.

I feel for you. Twisties are amazing to hit up on the weekend, but if you're riding 300 miles in a day they get really fucking monotonous. Try that shit on a weekday where you're stuck behind 20mph traffic the entire way, you can't see around the corners, and if you try to pass you either get run over by a soyboy in his civic or there's another mile of cars coming towards you as well and the road is too narrow to pass between both lanes.

I imagine the guy in front is on a bicycle or something just ruining everyone's day.

Grow some balls.
you can undertake all day on a bike.

Why don't all streetfighters look like this?
actually looks nice without the bugeyes.

this
i'd get a street triple but i can't get past that ugly mug

Hey guys. Nobike here. So I recently went on a trip overseas and learned to ride a 110cc scooter, and am really liking riding. I'm determined to get a bike, but I'm torn between two bikes right now. I'm thinking between the TU250x or the SV650 (>2017). So my two questions are:

Is it stupid to start with a 250cc bike if I already have experience with a 110cc (albiet an auto)

Thoughts on these two bikes in general. Thanks.

I don't know where you live, but there's no room to undertake unless you want to ride on mountain instead of road. There's half an inch between most cars and the mountain because it's a narrow ride and they need to leave another half inch not to get their mirrors removed by oncoming traffic.

Reasons, something to do with marketing i assume.

Take an MSF course and come back. An automatic is planets different from a manual. Once you passed the test it's whatever you feel like. A 125 or 250 would do great if you wanted to get around town or get to work and hated waiting in traffic. A 500 is great if you want that same traffic passing ability with some freeway capabilities. A 650 can tour a couple hundred miles in a day without any major issues, and anything close to a liter is enough to last you the rest of your riding career.

I'd look around more, there's much more options than just suzuki for starters. You may feel more comfortable on a rebel 500 than an SV650, and it may suit your needs entirely.

Anyone know any ABS tests at actual high speeds?
200km/h+
can't find any on google

I've never really ridden a motorcycle and am about to start on a ~250kg 60 bhp 5 speed cruiser manual, how dead am I?

ABS tests are a meme created by the jews.
Find me a single example where the bike without ABS doesn't intentionally lock the rear wheel during the test.
pro tip, you won't.

>Is it stupid to start with a 250cc bike if I already have experience with a 110cc
No. As long as it’s below 600cc and it’s not a supersport it’s fine.

>(albiet an auto)
Scooters ride differently. You only mind braking and the throttle. In a motorcycle you need to learn clutch control which may or may not daunt you.

>TU250x or the SV650
Both are good bikes, but it would hurt if you drop your bike while practicing riding. The SV650 has a lot of torque due to it being a v-twin so there’s a good chance you’ll stall and drop your bike, unless you have good clutch control.

So first, get a used bike, run the hell out of it, then consider buying the bike you want. Personally, the SV650 is a solid choice for comfy biking with good balance of hp and torque.

sorry but I don't care about your tinfoil hat
my bike already has ABS, I just want to see a test

>manual
what did he mean by this

that's because locking the brakes is what most do in a panic situation, rossi

Thanks fellas. Scheduling my MSF course as soon as I get back.

You mean people who have been riding for a year at most?
try learning some brake control or are you just another yammienoob that thinks he knows best?
youtube.com/watch?v=MYmqZBDk_eI

i need a fun bike that can commute relatively comfortably for some 200 max miles a day ,no daily commutes just leasure and hooning etc im between a dorso 900 or smcr/husky 701 either new ,what should i get really i think the smc/701 are probably more fun but the dorso can actually travel and probably can become pretty fun too (clutchups /different gearing if need be) what do you think?

I think you should test ride a bunch of bikes and pick the one you like most instead of asking a pack of autistic no bikes for advice.

test riding barely happens around here blows but thats how it is

Why would you buy a sumo if you had to commute 200 miles in a single day? That'd be pretty rough, that's a good 3-4 hours of riding daily. Even if it were all highway riding, you'd be better off with a more suitable bike. Maybe an FJ09?

he meant that the transmission is manually operated as opposed to automatically, i believe

you think

yes, i do. what about you?

nah i wouldnt do that daily just a once in a while thing to see places around ,it would be just leasure and thats kinda the max distance id do maybe once or twice a month ,most common trips will be pretty close by like an hour or so so any bike shouldnt have any issues,generally i want something to hoon around the city+outskirts but also be able to go outside when i want to

I miss my baiku

Any interest in trails/offroading as a part of hooning?

maybe some easy,id want a seperate dirt bike for that really tho(enduro),its in the plans

Pretty much.
a smoto is a waste of a dirt bike and it is also a half cocked road bike experience.
basically the worst of both worlds.
like the worst part of riding a dirt bike is going between trails and then on the road you get the discomfort of riding a bike that was never designed for you to sit down on in the first place.

but people here will try to tell you otherwise because they are poor.

What a stupid problem to complain about fuck off faggot go feel special somewhere else

>701
>poor people
more like stupid people with too much money.

>he thinks dirt bikes a cheap
cute

>ABS tests are a meme

They actually are. I've trialled ABS v non-ABS on a couple of bikes. The only one that didn't add at least a metre to stopping distance was the KTM.

I figure the expensive, well setup ABS systems aren't that bad, but the cheap shit you see on commuter bikes is utter crap. The Ninja was the worst, would intrude well before 50% braking potential. If it won't let you stand it on its nose, it's intruding too early.

Hello nobike.

Dirt bikes are not cheap.
they are also not designed for riding down highways.
it is like when you see people complaining about the unsprung seat height of a dirt bike because they think they will not be able to touch the ground while rev bombing at grannies in the CBD without realising that they drop a few inches in height just by sitting on them..

Literal retards claiming to know things about bikes basically.

Post bike. Supermotos are trash for anything but city hooning, which regular dirt bikes still do better because you can't plate a 2 stroke most places.

>he can't plate a 2 stroke

>he thinks posting a bike will change something
What is this mental illness around here?
Learn how to have fun man. You might enjoy it

>What is this mental illness around here?

Everyone is an expert and they're angrily opinionated, but the dunning kruger effect is pretty operative.

The biggest problem with the internet is people aren't face to face. It's similar to guys that act tough when they're tailgating you in a car, but when you open their door they turn a bit meek.

*brrraaaappp*

Does it need brake lights or head lights? I can understand not needing turn signals, hand signals work fine, but you'd think brake lights are required.

Honestly though. If your IQ is above 20, you know that a photo doesnt change facts.
>guys the sky is blue
>Post your bike to prove it!!!!
Hurr durr

The year is 2020. You arrive at Neo York. What bike do you choose to live in this new cyberpunk age?

Could also be some psycho that wants to dox you for getting into an argument with him on the internet. Nerd rage ramped up to 11 (again, the internet makes people act weird - same dude would probably be fine in person).

The fact is a sumo can't go off road, and I don't mean your grass lawn or the side of the highway either. It also can't go a great distance, has shorter maintenance intervals, can't overtake on the highway... It's the worst of both worlds with no exceptional benefit. If you can't wheelie an r6 then get one and learn to ride better. If you can't offroad get some knobbies and learn. Sumo is what I imagine 15 year olds think they want for a first bike because they don't know better.

>he can't post bike
Opinion disregarded

yes,it has brake lights and a head light.
i also had to wire a light that shone on the plate to get it to pass inspection but as soon as it did the plate went back on top of the mud guard.
Fuck it is dangerous to have a plate hanging off the back of a dirt bike, i have seen the damage it can do to a leg if the bike keeps going and you do not and it is not in any way pretty.

there is only one option

>calling out someone for being a nobike
>doesn't post bike
Clockwork.
>i need a fun bike that can commute relatively comfortably for some 200 max miles a day
Then you don't want a Sumo. Get a small touring bike.

>jew york
Something thin.

>no fun allowed
I never called anyone out

>I never called anyone out

Hello newfriend.
You dont seem to know how an anonymous forum works.
Please leave forever

winter begone

>You dont seem to know how an anonymous forum works.

It means that a guy that wouldn't look you in the eye in person can act like a hero. I think we're all across that.

>Sumo cant go offroad
Nice bait
>it also cant travel great distances
Nice bait
>shorter maintenance intervals
Stop being lazy

>be in real life
>claim that the sunset is pretty
>some mentally ill ass fucker says "no its not, show me your bike"
Looking him in the eye wont fix his mental illness

>be on a retarded internet forum thread for motorcycles
>complain about the motorcycles of others
>can't post own bike because there is none
Hm.

not him btw, you're both retarded
post bikes and shut up

Prove i dont own a bike. (I have several bikes btw)
I'll wait

that's not how it works my idiot friendo
but if you insist
>no picture of your bike
I've just proven that you own no bike
your turn, prove your theory

Prove I can't email you an alligator. Prove I haven't already.

you bunch of faggot nobikes what is wrong with you

anyway
some things I noticed coming from a gixxer and now testing my shitbike

pros
>sit high as fuck feels like sitting in a SUV
>+++BRAP
>flickable like a bicycle
>feel slike easy to whoolie but need to work on that
>ez and cheap maintenance everything is right there and there isn't much to do

cons
>slow
>fucking wind, lots of wind