Tailgating

Why do people always tailgate me on my motorcycle but rarely if ever when i drive my cars?
literally every 2nd car will tail gate me while i ride my bike even if i am doing 20km/h over the speed limit...
Can someone explain this to me?
people realise my bike can stop twice as fast as the average car right?

I either have to pull over and let them pass at which point they normally go slower than i was traveling or i have to speed up to 150+km/h and they lose their confidence...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skZ7PMR4gpw
motortrend.com/cars/ford/focus/2015/2015-ford-focus-st-first-test/
mcnews.com/mcn/articles/2010JanIndex.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're butthurt we can lane split

Even on country highways they do it though, i rarely drive on freeways and when i do tailgaters are honestly never a problem unless in the middle of a city.

Tbh man they just don't see us.

1) You notice it more due to increased risks.
2) Tailgating a car obstructs view. People tend to pick distance based on forward visibility instead of safety.
3) They feel less risk. Bumping into bike will send it down. Bumping into truck will wreck their front and can send them sideways.

>people realise my bike can stop twice as fast as the average car right?

Lol no, even the most basic bitch econobox will out brake your bike champ.

If you're going to ride, fucking educate yourself.

How can you get tailgated on a motorcycle? Are you riding moped in the middle of the lane?

In the way, move over and let them past.

Who cares if you crash into a bike too not like drivers will be hurt it will just be you. So people don't see it as danger.

At least someone knows.
Just go faster faggot.

No one likes bikes, and everyone wants to kill you?

>my bike can stop twice as fast as the average car right?
Yeah go ahead and brake-check them

maybe you are a slow driving pussy

>hold me Veeky Forums!
>I am acting like a selfish prick but sometimes I get bullied for this! It's unfair!

We DGAF about you so we don’t care at all about tailigating or stopping or whatever. We know with 100% confidence that if we drive right over the top or you and you end up paralyzed or killed we can just make up some shit about not seeing you or our foot slipped off the brake or whatever.

In most of the western world you can kill someone with your car with complete immunity.

>Why do people always tailgate me on my motorcycle but rarely if ever when i drive my cars?
You're probably just noticing it when you're on your motorbicle.

I doubt that most people do. Same mentality of people that cut off semis.

here in north europe the bike season is only 5-6 months so bikes are seen as expensive toys

meaning people give you room and avoid you

I'm always polite to bikers because I know that at any second a Stacy could take them off this Earth while trying to rush to her highschool prom in her fuckhuge suv. Honestly stay safe based bikers, you are the brave ones

idk op. i have had this happen to me too many times. people are shit brained selfish retarded assholes. no other explanations

No lol....
My bike stops from 100km/h faser than a ferrari 458, you going to try and tell me that your econobox more than doubles the braking performance of a supercar?
Next you will tell me your econobox will out corner my bike because you saw that one top gear episode where an aerial atom out corners a 600cc sports bike from the mid 2000's.

It's only the bikes that Colorado feels compelled to make road signs for warning about dangerous curves.

Oh wow, you are going to try and tell me a vehicle with 2 wheels is effected by bumpy/shit road surfaces more than one with 4 wheels?
get the fuck outta here really?
wow mind blown
just wow

No, just the corners. You see these daily on highways.

And my bike also has tyres that are worth more than all 4 of the tyres on your econobox, it also probably had better brakes even when you consider the weight difference, i mean twin twin 320mm 6 piston brakes for 200kg vs what? twin 250mm single piston brakes for a tonne of car?

Set of """"""tyres"""""" is about $900 for me. All I'm saying is if you bikers could drive and turn better, there wouldn't be signs up everywhere around here. Take it as you will.

>My bike stops from 100km/h faser than a ferrari 458

No, it doesn't.

Oh please user, tell me what bike it is you ride than can come to a complete stop from 100km/h in less than 3 seconds in less than 30 metres.

I'll fucking wait.

ducati 1098...
now tell me all about your econobox that is going to out corner it and beat it in stopping ability.

Ducati 1098 doesn't stop in under 3 seconds and doesn't do it in less than 30 metres, so you're wrong on both counts.

In fact it doesn't even stop as fast as a Kia Sedona, Honda Civic, Kia Rio, Mazda 6 or fucking Toyota Camry.

Like I said, fucking educate yourself.

Not him but user pls. Just stop man.
youtube.com/watch?v=skZ7PMR4gpw
^ m135i vs hp4. Just skip to 4:25 for the braking part.
I ride a bike too bruh but you won't outbrake any sporty car (actual sporty, not soccer mom meme sport package). Sure my bike, a dorsoduro 750, outbrakes plenty of trash tier euro A segment tin cans but once the price of a car starts exceeding 40k or so they'll have actual tyre width rather than minimum width muh eco muh low fuel consumption
>hurrr durr 1098 > hp4
No

Ride faster, split lanes, leave them behind.

Ho the fuck did the 135i out-accelerate the HP4 on the lap?

nvm the whole thing was scripted, the guy didn't even lean properly in the corners.

Physics, motherfucker, do you know them? Having 4 tires and 4 disc brakes is a major advantage in both handling and braking. Friction is key here.

The size of the contact patch matters, but amount of discs really does not (it'd be easy to build brakes that lock up as soon as you touch them).
Geometry is key. Just like off-the-line acceleration is usually limited by anti-wheelie-control (manual or otherwise), braking force is limited by the bike doing a stoppie.

so it would be interesting, the race is scripted

>road signs for warning about dangerous curves
those are for cruiser fags who cant into turning

Attached: follow me.webm (320x240, 309K)

I never get to close to cycles of any kind. I don't want someone's bike damaging my undercarriage when they fall off.

Tail of the Dragon?

Because it's faster you absolute faggot

You'll be sued so hard you'll be poor the rest of your life even if you don't do time.

ducati 1098 isnt out cornering a ferrari 458 and it certainly is not going to out brake one.
sure i will agree an average econobox can't hold a handle to it but even an ss commodore is going to out brake it and probably out corner it on 95% of road surfaces.
maybe in perfect conditions the bike would win but yeah...
find me perfect conditions on a public road...
t. someone who rides a 1098

Attached: 20180303_190950.jpg (2656x1494, 1.68M)

I don't understand it either honestly. I do service work for Starbucks so I travel hundreds of miles daily. Most times I see a motorcycle riding and a car riding on their ass I tell the car to fuck off or honk them out of the lane. I see so much stupid shit daily in the Bay Area that I've been considering working twords CHP so I could bring some damn law in this area.

It pisses me off to no end
>Driving in 60km/h zone
>3 lane road, sitting in right lane because right turn ahead
>Goes to 40 because of school zone
>Back up to 70 at end of school zone
>Cop as been sitting just before the 70 zone for the last 3 weeks
>Not willing to do over 40
>Falcon decides to sit right on my ass, despite being able to go around me
>reduce speed slightly to annoy him
>Do 35 right up to 70 sign
>Drop two gear and blast away

Just carry crushed up spark plugs in your pocket, throw that shit over your shoulder and it will put hundreds of cracks in their windshield and they will have to stop.
tailgating problem solved.

It's funny how much better the "average" car has gotten in the last few decades.

Even if you're a millennial, your statement was true when you were born, and it is completely wrong today.

Attached: 1499570348055.gif (495x471, 1.91M)

not sure.

Attached: follow me 2.webm (854x480, 2.57M)

Most bikes stop from 60mph in under 150ft, a Ford focus ST takes 190+ft to stop from the same speed.
in other words you would run over the bike and it would be your fault.

Attached: ford-focus-st_0.jpg (900x596, 75K)

NC fag here, that is definitely the Dragon.

Attached: Reggie the madman.jpg (592x1988, 668K)

>Ford focus ST takes 190+ft to stop from the same speed
No, it stops from 60 in 108 feet. Source.
motortrend.com/cars/ford/focus/2015/2015-ford-focus-st-first-test/

Here's a list of bikes, and their braking distances. Most of them do worse than a Focus ST. The vast majority in fact. The best one on the list beats the ST by less than 10 feet.

mcnews.com/mcn/articles/2010JanIndex.pdf

I ride a bike, and I've ridden since long before I had a license. The world changes. You have to adapt. Used to be you could follow cars very close because your brakes were better. These days, if Stacy in her econobox goes to full ABS lockup, you will often literally have only inches to spare on paper, and that's if you ride an ABS bike.

Attached: 1492704607592.gif (500x326, 199K)

bikes make me uncomfortable when they whip by me at double the speed limit or lane split, anything i can do to make them uncomfortable im in for

>he believes the ABS meme
Find me a single test where they don't lock the rear wheel while braking on the bike without ABS.
Pro tip, you won't.
In other words they intentionally lock the rear wheel to skew results and you believe the jews.
Good job.

>he believes the ABS meme
HAHAHAHA
Read the fucking list.
Many of the NON-ABS bikes do better than the ABS bikes.
The best bike on the list at 104.8 feet is the 06 Speed Triple that has NO ABS.
Everything else you wrote is trash, and not worth addressing.

>"Good job."

Attached: d3195261409b7d4d9e497ddbb82f94cd.gif (500x465, 370K)

It matters just not immediately. Fundamentally brakes are devices for turning kinetic energy into heat, so the more/bigger//better material/better cooled brakes you have the more heat they can handle and therefore the more kinetic energy they can dissipate in a given length of time. You could make a hilariously tiny brake that could lock the wheels for like half a second before melting. Practically speaking though no modern consumer road vehicle worth a shit is going to have insufficient brakes to lock up the tires from like 100mph to 0mph once though.

You can see this pretty immediately with bikes where a single skinny disc is totally sufficient for street riding on a 400lb bike that tops out at 110mph but is going to be fairly dick for track riding on a 400lb bike that tops out at 210mph.

cruisers just cant turn corners

>why
entertainment
fucking with bikers is a spark of enjoyment on otherwise mundane drives. i do it in my truck all the time.

Attached: 1514005439056.jpg (640x588, 125K)

You could try not being a little bitch
Truckfags fuck with me all the time and I just ain't care.

Attached: 18812871_474369099568128_882205571296526336_n.jpg (480x480, 31K)

I get the same issue in the few hot hatches I own.

I know i can stop WAY the fuck faster than they can, yet they still tailgate me in their shitty fucking minivans, suv's, and pickups...

It's almost as if the pre-requisite for buying a lard vehicle is you can't have a functioning frontal lobe.

Luckily, I can outbreak them AND out accelerate them. So I slam on the brakes then hit the gas and watch as they swerve into oblivion in my rear view.

100% no.

There is nothing to sue over.

There's no need to sue. If you hit my ass, you're buying me a new car. Plain and simple.

What always pisses me off the most is the people who go
>Wow that bike only fills half a lane!
>I’m going to use the other half!
I almost got taken out at 100km/h because I was on a two-lane highway and some bitch in a Camry passed me on the right within maybe two feet of me. She had been so close behind me that I hadn’t even seen she was there so I had no idea.
I was about to change my lane position right at that moment too.

That doesn't piss me off at all...
I split lanes, can't get mad when a car basically does the same thing to me...
All you people turn into angry, unreasonable assholes on the road.

I don’t lane split because it’s illegal here.
And passing on the right is fucking stupid regardless. I was already going a little over the limit and still almost got hit because Stacy couldn’t wait 10 goddamn seconds for oncoming traffic to clear.

>it’s illegal here.

Attached: 1509584244060.jpg (798x800, 81K)

Is there anything more insufferable than some faggot biker barely doing the speed limit?

Get the fuck out of the way you cock goblins or I'll run you over and kill you.

and you'll be a gimp shitting in a diaper, never riding or driving again

That's a really stupid thing to think. A motorcycle has way more control of a lane splitting situation. A car has no right to overtake a motorbike while inside the bikes lane.

>A car has no right
You have the "right" to do whatever you can get away with. I can't force the car to do anything, because it's got a weight advantage that exceeds a ton. Might as well learn to live with it.
I'll let them have part of my lane, and sometimes I borrow part of theirs. Why stress about it? Not like I'm gonna have an accident because of it. Tens of thousands of motorcycle miles says so. Some of them were even on both wheels.
>Is there anything more insufferable
Yeah, you and your big ego. Fag.

Attached: 1518794828387.png (444x440, 285K)

My first thought is that you're too close to the center line (which may or may not be true depending on the size of the shoulder, obviously), and my second thought is that idiot is eventually going to end up hitting a car when they try to pass someone using a turning lane or between parked cars anyways.

Pocket...sand?

Bike edition?

Woah

>Lol no, even the most basic bitch econobox will out brake your bike champ.

This is patently false. Supersports out-brake econoboxes by a good 10-5ft. Marginally better. Some premium eurobikes brake as well as mid-level sportscars. The riders, on the other hand, yeah...

But if you're not shit it's not like you need extra following distance a car doesn't.

Sportscars almost always win though

That's because 50% of the bikes in the US have gimped handling to the point of actually being unstable in curves. They're called harley davidsons, and ITS FINE CUZ I AINT TRYIN TO RACE until I HAD TO LAY ER DOWN TO AVOID A CRASH.

That is a fair point, but on the road, a modern bike with two big front discs has no trouble braking at the limit of topping/tire grip multiple times in quick succession.

I never get tail gated cuz I never ride slow desu