EVE Online General - /eog/

All-Out's killboard is now green edition, truly these are the end of days.

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link, (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>

Other urls found in this thread:

evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=542,553,564,563,562,559,561,560,558&b=7713780&e=60,180,180,240,240,240,240,240,240&t=uvb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

will my weak ass old fart PC handle this?

It's a 11 years old game, it should if you turn the
>graphics
all the way down.

I need some super beginner tips, anything you can remember outside of OP. Just starting.

is alpha clone mining viable?

I'm gonna be playing 2 accounts? Which will be my main one? The one who will create the link?

>As an added bonus the recruited receives 250.000 skill points when they create their account

So my main account will be the second one. The one i recruit with my first one created?

>it's a shill thread

What kind of dumb are you ?

Join the /v/ BROS in game channel

Don't roll minmatar.

No form of mining is viable, alpha is even worse

>No form of mining is viable

so why do people mine?

>No form of mining is viable
>he doesnt know what a little group of 10 rorquals are capable of

Because they're misinformed

Endless boredom and waste of resources, that's what.

>Thinking that a general of a game is a shill thread.
Why are you even on Veeky Forums?

>tfw i've just finished the mining career missions and now I feel like just installing

>waste of resources
You can build user, you know ?

You can also do something more fun with your time.

Running a capital-ship industry is really funny actually

cyclone buff?

What is the best use of the 250.000 skill points?

what skill points

basic fitting skills

Unsubbing V

daily reminder the moros is the worst dread and the nag is better than the moros in every way

Objectively false

objectively true

moros has longer lock range

by 10km

Not like it matters, you're 60% resistant to sensor damps and 100% immune to jams so sensor strength and lock range don't fucking matter

*jumps in 10km outside your lock range*

Drones V and Hull upgrades V are the most annoying skills to train when you're new, in my opinion.

I sell more Void XL than Hail XL so ur full of shit.

>links don't exist

>

>T3

>he bought a skin but he didn't buy any cap

Harby demands belly rubs.

Never have I ever played a game in which I would prefer to read the Lore than actually play it.

Reminder that Estamel is a grill.

autism

How come everyone seems to hate ECM?

Xl shield extenders when

as soon as invulns stop being op

Stopped playing in 2014 or 2015, thinking about logging in. But scared to log in at the moment.

When I quit I was in a wormhole corp and then I never logged in. I was in a fully fitted loki so I think I will just stun right outside a station, so I might be mega fucked upon login. Also, many updates, some modules might be turned off, but I think my cloak and probe launcher should be still fine to scan my way out to safety.

Any ideas?

kill yourself

make a ticket so they teleport you to highsec

Yeah, figured that might be the only safe way out. Shot support a message, but don't have a lot of hopes up. No excuse for not moving to jita before quitting.

Now I do remember I had a cloak and probe launcher + probes so if I don't fly directly into a possibly active POS upon login I might actually make it.

I think about getting in to EVE everyday but I don't think I can ever do it.

poses are rare now, so thats probably not happening

Still don't wanna risk it until I'm sure I can't get warped by a GM, but this gives me hope

It's not as daunting to break into as people make it seem and you can play what is essentially a time-unlimited trial with an alpha clone now, so just give it a shot.

Join Dronelands today! Quiet deep sovnull, safe ratting space, cheap systems for rent. Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for YOU!

>EVE is dead.
>all the repetition

EVE isn't but, this community is pretty dead at least.

>log in
>"GUYS GET IN FLEET, RORQUAL TACKLED"
>log off

life support

Do you know about Perpetuum?

It's Like EVE but Mechs.

How would you make EVE a board game?

It's already a bored game.

CCP tried but it's dead now

oneiros

I'm not surprised by the lack of posters here as the content we produce is shit. Why not improve this?

You sure as fuck aren't helping it with that reddit-tier shit.

A couple thousand Brazilian F2Pfags would be great for EVE, it would be like 2006 Goonfleet. It's a shame that alphas are so limited

>Reddit-tier

user I saved that from here...

Shame on you for saving it

>wh freeport

evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=542,553,564,563,562,559,561,560,558&b=7713780&e=60,180,180,240,240,240,240,240,240&t=uvb

>fozziesov

I know that moustache

>Blocks your path

>le content
please no

when is CCPlease going to add raids to eve?

they already did

What are incursions?

annoying things that ruin systems for everyone

you can see incursions as pve instance (dunjons,raids)

Incursions are sansha instances in space that require 10-20 people to do, the content is half inaccessible because you need to bend the knee and ask for permission to join a corps fleet which has a reigning monopoly on it.

It's not instanced you fag.

/dog/ moved to /vr/ when?

if it means I need less omen pics to keep the thread alive I'd be down

oneiros

*10-45
> you need to bend the knee and ask for permission to join a corps fleet which has a reigning monopoly on it
No, you don't. Just stay in queue and get in fleet.

What is Warp to Me or Valhalla Fleet for 500 Alex.

Someone has a basic setup for incursion-multiboxing ? Let say 13 accounts max

friends + teamspeak

neut it

>friends
On a video game ? Come on dude, come on

how long will it take me to make 1 plex doing incursions?

Once you're actually in the fleet, something like 5 minutes?

in HQs you make like 180-220m/h +LP