Why don't Americans make grand tourers?

Why don't Americans make grand tourers?

Attached: 2017-Lexus-LC500-COLORS-VISUALIZER-14-1600x996.jpg (1600x996, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOFswyHcvzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the monaro borrowed gto i use to own sure seemed to fit the category..

We make the best selling Grand Tourer car of all time but ok

>Stangs
>Maros
>Vettes
These aren't? all have comfy suspension made for long cruises with performance mixed in.

Those are pony cars and sports cars, grand tourers have a luxury component

That's just your personal opinion

What do you think the "GT" stands for. Idiot.

Attached: 459467676189.jpg (291x173, 11K)

>a luxury component
define, unless you mean as much leather and sound deadening you can throw at a car in which case there are aftermarket firms in the US and Germany that actually specialize in giving cars like the vette the luxury treatment by re-doing the interior with higher quality materials.
>pic related
>a german company that re-did a vette

Attached: prior-widebody-corvette-20-interior.jpg (1920x1200, 366K)

Glorified Truck

ATS-V coupe / CTS-V coupe

Personal Luxury car is the American equivalent.
But they've been dead since the 90's

Attached: AC63F7DA-65B2-46CB-8D5C-4CFEBC558A04.jpg (400x253, 46K)

Go take your meds grandma nobody wants luxury cars but old fucks radio and electric windows are all we want

Gonkey Tron

Actually this gen GT is the farthest thing from a Grand Tourer there is

Gran Turismo

Attached: 28515250_1729418850435407_3594998732208032963_o.jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

McLuxury

As opposed to a lexus? Lol.

But we do.

Attached: 2018_GMC_Sierra_Denali_1500_4WD_Crew.jpg (1306x979, 863K)

>touring car
>posts a pickup truck
why the fuck do you fucking cunts in your autotragic finance-for-20-years pickups think you're top shit?

Attached: benson angre.png (992x1236, 1.4M)

But they do. Fast+"""luxury""".

Attached: 2018-Cadillac-CTS-Coupe-Rendering.jpg (1280x800, 69K)

Automatic is superior to manual and it only takes a couple of years to pay off a car. BTW all these trucks come in manual.

not a GT

Would you care to define grand tourer for me? As far as I can tell it fits the bill.

Bazinga. Full size trucks truly are the Chad's choice for long distance travels.

Shush eurocuck, you can't imagine the greatness of a full size truck until you've owned one.

Cadillac doesn't make GT cars aside from the Escalade. And anyone who buys an ATS/CTS isn't driving it more than 25 minutes a day to and from their shitty mid-level management office job.

Attached: tundra TRD pro.jpg (2000x1000, 348K)

too many doors for too many whores

I NEED this car

GTs aren't built for "track days". Cadillac tries to orient all of their higher end sedans and coupes as some toned down supercar, the suspension is shit and visibility isn't much better.

Driving a truck gives you a.) the best seating position for long distance travel, b.) the best view of the road, c.) the power of a fat V8 with +300hp, RWD, d.) plenty of storage space for all of your luggage, e.) all of the luxuries/amenities you can get in a car, and f.) you're larger than most shit on the road so other cars don't fuck with you.

Not to mention you can tow stuff if you need to.

>2 doors
>Too many

???

Even semi tractors are going automatic. It's superior for towing and off roading. A manual truck is like wanting a keyed chuck on a cordless drill. Most trucks are leased and manufacturers will do 2 year leases. That means that $500 month gets you a brand new mall crawler every 2 years with no maintenence.

>"""luxury""".
But the CTS has a great interior and rides very comfy. Go back to redit.

>"ONLY MUH UGLY SOULLESS GERMAN CARS OR TOYOTAS CAN BE LUXURY" -Veeky Forumstards

>the suspension is shit
>magnetic ride is shit
*citation needed* also how is it built for track days? i see no rollcage or track tires. is having a good chassis that can turn a crime?

>off roading.

Would disagree there pham, although modern automatics are still quite good for offroad. I've used both and I prefer a manual for offroad, it gives you maximum control over power output.

Attached: 50psi.jpg (1080x1186, 115K)

You have way more control when you can left foot brake and keep both feet on the pedals which matters on the steep shit.

>what is low end torque

Right, and with a manual I can moderate my clutch and my brake at the same time, without having to use my gas pedal because I can pick the gear I want.

Attached: averagecommie.jpg (323x412, 40K)

Yeah I don't think your 90hp "landie" or whatever has enough grunt to crawl up shit with no throttle. At least not on the hills we have in America. Your going to have to give it gas which means playing footsies with the pedals. Or... You could just use a auto.

Attached: rock-bouncer.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

get a load of this dicklet lmao

Yes your American hills are so different from the hills in Canada, our entire country does not have a slope beyond 10 degrees you totally nailed me famalam.

I have no reason to start shifting or fiddling with my pedals, if the incline is THAT steep I'm not braking much at all, I'm probably on the throttle 90% of the time.

And your pic is a little melodramatic, fairly certain your shitbox couldn't crawl that either.

Attached: LR Defender.jpg (2676x1810, 360K)

youtube.com/watch?v=FOFswyHcvzs

>just smashing WOT the entire time

Yeah he really needs both feet free there.

Attached: mfw okkid.jpg (431x450, 68K)

I'm actually a leaf so I know about hills and mountains. You were coming off as an Aussie that's why I brought up the land cruiser or whatever. Your not some driving god just because you use a stick off road. An automatic is a better tool for the job.

You gotta let the eagles fly sometimes. Yes, You do need both feet for that type of thing. Drive off road some time. Psst your rally simulators don't count ;)

>automatics for anything other than women
fucking soylets

Attached: 1511390614863.png (403x448, 53K)

>An automatic is a better tool for the job.

And as I said before, I disagree with you.

Maybe we should fight IRL. That's what people do now when they have different opinions, right?

Attached: antifa1.jpg (962x725, 127K)

>Yes, You do need both feet for that type of thing

it's pretty obvious he isn't braking you mongoloid, he might be letting off the throttle slightly at times but you don't brake on that kind of incline unless you want to roll backwards and die

you're coming across as an insolent child right now, there are pros and cons to autos and manuals offroad, it's really preference

t. someone who has taken a lifted econoline farther into the bush than your pavement princess has ever traveled

"Gay Trackcar"

Gay trafficer

why create a chassis for a new car when you can just put leather on a truck and end up with a car that require no r&d and sell way more for the same price.

Ctsv coupe fits into the category. Those things also can make loads of power

He asked why Americans don't make GT cars, not Australians.

Isn't GT just a pretentious yuroname for a baller ass coupe that doesn't have track aspirations but still plenty on tap for public roads powerwise?

The only legit luxury company we have is Cadillac.

Now ask the question again.

The challenger and the charger are luxurious
Also, once Lincoln makes a coupe, it will blow everything away.

>The challenger and the charger are luxurious

I disagree, however I do agree they are GT cars.

My point was that in his narrow framework only luxurious cars counted as GT's, and since we really only have one legit luxury brand (not pimped up rebodied base models ala Lincoln) that would answer his question.

Lmao lincolns are turds
Not even any more upscale than a fiesta

Gringo Tragedy

the navigator is the best suv on the market

Because Americans have shit taste the End

Everyone buys cuckover SUVs

Jesus buddy, I know this is bait but a GT car is a sports car with some luxuries/amenities mixed in. A jack of all trades. A truck is a truck they cant turn and barely go faster than a sportish car plus they dont fit the described parameters, in that case a horse is a donkey or a donkey a horse right????
Form wikipedia my friend...........A grand tourer (Italian: gran turismo) (GT) is a performance and luxury automobile capable of high speed and long-distance driving.[1] The most common format is a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive two-door coupé with either a two-seat or a 2+2 arrangement. The term derives from the Italian language phrase gran turismo which became popular in the English language from the 1950s, evolving from fast touring cars and streamlined closed sports cars during the 1930s.[2]

Pretty much but some are track capable like the V's I know its benchracing but it applies in this case, they set really good track times in the recent years and not just on the burger king.

Giant Trap

Wtf would you need a brake? In low range you can come to less than walking pace on pretty much any gradient.

oxblood red and british racing green are such underappreciated car colors

Oxblood red interiors are sick as hell. I can't afford it, but if I bought a white Stingray with an oxblood leather interior right now, my wife would give me the "Not bad" face.

You can pick a gear in auto as well.
And the torque converter gives a small increase in output torque

Gran Turismo?