Challenger R/T. Sell me this car

Challenger R/T. Sell me this car.
Alternatively, convince me why a Camaro 1SS is a better option.

Attached: challenger rt.png (747x451, 351K)

Pros in my book
>big comfy highway cruiser
>can actually seat 4 in decent comfort, 5 if you want
>trunk space better than most modern sedans
>2015 and up has a vastly improved interior, as well as a fantastic 8 speed auto
Cons
>mind bogglingly heavy
>5.7 liter Hemi only makes 370 odd horsepower
>feels slow for a V8 muscle car
>one of the few cars where I’d actually recommend the auto over the manual, at least for the 2015+ models, the stick just feels vague and the clutch is stiff
>assembled by drunk Canadians with a Mexican engine
Altogether not the worst choice you can make, I’d still take a Mustang GT over it, but for pure muscle car nostalgia it beats the SS

the camaro is faster in every single way and come with a standard LSD which allow both wheels to spin at the same time.

>Alternatively, convince me why a Camaro 1SS is a better option.

Weighs less, can turn better.

What about the R/T Scat Pack? How does it stack up? Still lethargic? And also, is the manual really that bad? If I purchase a muscle/pony car, it's going to be a manual so that's pretty important.

Bumping for interest since I may be looking into a challenger in the near future

Better, and the manual scat pack is pretty fun in a “not very refined, makes lots of noise” muscle car way, so I’ve been told

im actually looking at the charger sxt, want it for daily drivability and since it has decent mpg.

If you don’t mind the “why didn’t you get a V8” questions I found the SXTs with the 8 speed auto to be a perfectly reasonable daily driver when I was doing some test driving. Absolutely massive amounts of passenger and cargo space, 30 on the highway and RWD is always nice.

honestly i dont care, as long as its not a 4cyl its fine, and the lease for the specs i want are very reasonable, so its between a new charger or a used gulia or stinger cause i still have a year or so of payments on my current car.

>new dodge car or used Italian car
Wew. Joking aside I really liked the SXT as an every day car, and the Pentastar engine is fucking bulletproof while still being powerful enough to get the Charger out of its own way.

Damn. I just got back from looking at Challengers. Have a 2016 F150 leased and Dodge dealership said they could get me out of it and into a [probably] 2014 Challenger. I just love the way they look. Don't care too much about the performance.

only things i really want is the super track pack and the tech group for adaptive cruise control, sadly i need to pay off my current car before i can even start to think about a new car. also gotta get the f8 green, just damn good looking.

does anyone know, when it comes to "R/T," is that like, the ass-basic, base model engine?

Super track pack is definitely worth it, and if I could find a fucking R/T in F8 green I’d have it in a heartbeat. Absolutely beautiful color. Good luck user
R/T is the second lowest model in the Challenger lineup, coming after the SXT with the 3.6 Pentastar V6. The R/T has the second smallest engine they put in the Challenger, a 5.7 liter Hemi V8.

You have been told correctly, at least in my humble opinion. Manual scat pack, + snow + Electronic stability control disabled = hooligan's wet dream.

>The R/T has the second smallest engine they put in the Challenger, a 5.7 liter Hemi V8.

That's still considerably fast and at least fun, right?

>Challenger R/T. Sell me this car.
Don't. The only V8 Challengers worth a damn are the SRT models. If you want a non-SRT Challenger, just save your shekels and get the V6 model.

>Alternatively, convince me why a Camaro 1SS is a better option.
It's faster.

R/T badge is joke these days. For the Challenger, all it really means is that it comes with a V8 instead of a V6.

So, as someone who just wants a V8 muscle car for the look and noise, and doesn't really care about going all that fast, the R/T is the way to go?

In a 4000+ pound land barge it feels like a 60hp geo metro on acceleration. Scat pack and above are the only decently quick challengers.

This guy did a great job summarizing it.

user, looking for a big comfy cruiser with a Chad engine, fast enough to have fun with - looks like sex, a little better MPG on the day to day?

R/Ts not a bad idea at all. The 5.7hemi's 375hp is plenty of fun and great to listen to, good enough motor for the highway passing and on ramp launches you're thinking about.
>As large disblazement engine, exhaust note breddy gudd :DDDD

If you don't have the budget for the 6.4, the 5.7's still a fun experience.

>Camaro SS
80hp. Can't say I've driven both a lot to give you a solid gold opinion on this but I'd give the Camaro edge on handling and the like. It's a more refined car - Everything good about the challenger can be said about the camaro.
>6.2L V8 sound gud too :DDDDD
>OP have good taste fuggg :DDDDDDDD
To be fair this car is faster and turns better and all that, an apples to apples comparison would be the Camaro SS vs one of the higher HP Challengers.

>someone actually commends my post
Feels good man. I’ll add that driving the Challenger feels like sitting in a tank, it really is that big, and your passenger feels like they’re a mile away from you. Comfy if that’s the sort of thing you like, I’m sure Finns would love it. The Camaro on the other hand feels more like a bunker or pillbox, everything is pretty close to you, and the windows are slits.

>Everyone copies 1st responder to OP
>No one gives him credit

Breddy disabbointed :DD
Eberybuddy gould have given gredit :DDDDD

>The Challenger feels like a tank
>Camaro a pillbox

It is true to some degree, the aesthetic choices made to turn the cars into vintage-muscle car looking vehicles, but ones that have to survive side impact testing with mmuh highdoorlines, the visibility isn't fantastic.

Not impossible or crippling, and it is possible to learn/adapt around, but if something runs in front of that car to the right, if you didn't see it before it got there, it does not exist to you.

>If you don't have the budget for the 6.4, the 5.7's still a fun experience.
This is absolutely false. I guarantee the moment you get your doors blown off by the 392, you'll regret the anemic 5.7L. if you want to pretend to drive a muscle car, buy the Pentastar that's actually made in the USA unlike the Hemi's.

Just a quick question, not trolling. Why would you buy either the Camaro or Challenger when the WRX STI exists?

pic related: the GOAT

Attached: E10C2B4A-D811-404F-A132-887F565EFEEE.jpg (640x357, 129K)

>recommending a V6 "muscle car"

Attached: how-bout-no-scott.jpg (300x300, 18K)

OP's looking at the big-burger musclecars.

4 cylinders and a ricey but cool rallycar? Not in the genre at all.
I like and respect the STI but it's too far removed from what OPs looking for.

No V8, I don't really appreciate the styling either. I think that vehicle looks bland.

>implying that the truck engine belongs in a muscle car
You do realize that the 300 with the 5.7L is slower than a v6 Camry. You either go full 392 or you're just a poser.

A poser of what? I just want a cool looking comfy car with a good sounding engine that isn't mega slow.

>even thinking of a shit fca car
I can't imagine being this delusional

Attached: 1520800405756.png (1052x1137, 223K)