Murcielago Project Update

Hey Veeky Forums, just letting you guys know that I am moving forward a little bit closer to getting my rekt Murcielago somewhere. Despite money problems I was able to scape enough to get some replica fenders, wheels and even found a free Pontiac Fiero to get some parts from so now it's a rolling chassis with steering. Even the Fiero's windshield kinda fits, although I had to crack it to make it contour the shape. It looks ghetto but beats spending $2000 on a windshield. No hood either but some MS Paint added one in the picture for free.

I need some advice now on what engine I could even put to make this move on its own power again, which is a bigger problem than I realized.

Attached: The Project.jpg (1168x652, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CydTI-rb6UY
youtube.com/watch?v=-VgcItIXPs0
weirdasianews.com/2013/07/29/chinese-farmer-lamborghini-scraps/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18610979
m.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Toyota-JZA80-MK4-1GZ-FE-V12-1GZ-VVTI-Complete-Engine-W-Trans-ECU-/322490382210
youtube.com/watch?v=hBvHj3_0FDI
steamcommunity.com/id/GTA1555
iaai.com/Search?Keyword=lamborghini
youtube.com/watch?v=iVFlQgl0f-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Although the free Fiero was already stripped of its engine and transmission I was still able to measure it to see if it could even possibly fit into the Lamborghini's frame and it sadly won't at all without cutting into the frame and potentially fucking it up. So that's out of the question.

Attached: IMAG4381.jpg (3264x1824, 627K)

Based Lambro.

Digging the wheels.

inb4 OP gets featured in Jalopnigg

There's not enough space either in the front to fit an engine so a rear engine is my only option. But what are my options? Someone in my previous thread mentioned that longitudinally mounted engines from a Volkswagen Passat or Audi A4 might work, but can it. This is where I need advice, Craigslist has many of these cars for cheap for less than $1000 that I can afford and salvage for my Lamborghini.

The Murcielago's engine bay measures 32 inches wide and 55 inches long. Would the Passat/Audi engine/drivetrain option work?

Attached: enginebay.jpg (3648x3264, 1.23M)

NO FUCKING WAY!!
keep going bro you are soo close. you'll be more than a legend if you can acheive this shit!

Wow user just wow

top fucking lmao

Keep it coming

Attached: 1520100520021.jpg (502x384, 18K)

If you can, go to any junkyard and try to find Recaro seats.

fabricate mounts for A bmw v12. if you straight pipe it with unequal length headers you can easily get a very ear-gasming soundfrom a beast like that.

Looks like an Ukrainian project

I like to think of it more as a Mad Max-tier project straight out of the post-apocalypse. I thought long about what can I really do to it and decided that there's just simply no way this'll ever be restored back to showroom quality without a ton of money. So I've decided to just keep it as is and not even paint it. There's already more than enough Lamborghinis out there that look fancy, so why not a junkyard dog Lambo instead? This'll what she'll be.

Attached: before-after.jpg (1600x1793, 410K)

any mods planned?

Polish made replicas named "bojar" use Audi v8 engines and gearboxes. Google it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CydTI-rb6UY

you could literally have a murcielago though

no one will remember a meme tier car

if you actually bring it back to a proper murcielago you will go down in history

It needs a roo bar.

Attached: Image_Holden-VE-Maloo-874x324.jpg (874x324, 87K)

LS plus U drive off of a boat might be an extremely viable idea.

Lmao did you literally use paint to add the hood?

V drive*
Or try an Audi V8. You might be able to snag one off of a totaled R8 with the transmission for cheap

Thanks, will look into it.

Yeah but where will I get the money for that? Rear quarter panels alone will cost me $4400 and that's the cheapest aftermarket option. I just don't earn enough money to pull that off anytime soon.

Attached: IMAG4423.jpg (3264x1824, 435K)

2JZ

Convert it to a bed or Chesterfield, and sell it to some rich Chinese.... then buy a used Gallardo

Attached: lambobed.jpg (2000x2000, 351K)

Nah, people use Toronado trans setups. A v drive wouldn't solve any problems, just turn them in the opposite direction

Attached: ls1-th425 098.jpg (2378x1585, 568K)

Just curious.

What was actually still OK on that wreck? Did the door hinges still work?

Keep everything that's burnt as it is, just sand it, alcohol clean it and then spray over with a matte clear coat.

For the new primer color panels, I'd look into maybe doing some patina paint like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=-VgcItIXPs0

Make them yourself out of sheet aluminium.

>Yeah but where will I get the money for that? Rear quarter panels alone will cost me $4400 and that's the cheapest aftermarket option. I just don't earn enough money to pull that off anytime soon.

>get a better job
>make more money
>sell it to someone else who will restore it
>find the parts for cheap
>fabricate them properly yourself

plenty of options

Yep, doors open again, see . Was a pain in the ass though, one door actually fell on my back once and it hurt me enough to give me a slight wound, they really are "scissor" doors.

That's pretty cool, didn't know that was done to classics

I've though about making parts using a papercraft template, but I'm not sure I can pull that off since I don't have experience doing anything like that.

Attached: lamborghini_aventador_size_by_draconis1609-d83vks0.jpg (1009x792, 138K)

Could I get an explanation on what happened to it originally? I'm mirin your work, hope it turns out good for you man

OP did you hear about the Chinese farmer that made his own lambo?

weirdasianews.com/2013/07/29/chinese-farmer-lamborghini-scraps/

Attached: Reventon1-500x275.jpg (500x275, 56K)

keep it up mate.

+1 for making your own panels from sheet metal

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

My old thread is still in the archives, it's a long read

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18610979

I really hope you can make something out of this OP. Best of luck.

m.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Toyota-JZA80-MK4-1GZ-FE-V12-1GZ-VVTI-Complete-Engine-W-Trans-ECU-/322490382210
No idea if this would fit but you should look into it.

lol oh man those doors are terrible. Thanks for reminding me of the biggest reason I bought this wreck. I've noticed no one, not even the kit car replicas, ever get the Lamborghini doors right. I would never have bought this if it was only a frame without the doors.

Thanks, glad Veeky Forums is warming up to it now. The frame wasn't that badly damaged.

give it pop-up headlights

1.9 tdi

>even found a free Pontiac Fiero to get some parts from so now it's a rolling chassis with steering. Even the Fiero's windshield kinda fits, although I had to crack it to make it contour the shape. It looks ghetto but beats spending $2000 on a windshield.

here we go.

even if you got it driving, every one is going to point and laugh.

in regards to engine, you'd want to put something unique in there.
see if you can't get a relatively cheap bmw or jag v12 or something like that.

Mad respect, dude. I hope you'll be able to find all the parts needed so you can resurrect the Murcie' and have the time of your life driving it.
I'll be monitoring your build very closely.

Wa La
youtube.com/watch?v=hBvHj3_0FDI

Attached: lamborghini-car-bed.jpg (1728x972, 621K)

If I were more mad, I'd actually have just done that and turned this into a Lamborghini with a Fiero body kit.

Attached: LamborFiero.jpg (1165x650, 234K)

put a hayabusa engine or another motorcycle engine in it and nigger rig a chain drive to the rear wheels. that's what I would do

i don't browse Veeky Forums often but i want to see how the finished project is
do u think u can add me on steam maybe ?
steamcommunity.com/id/GTA1555

fuck off literal 12 year old redditor

lmao what a shit steam account

Why is it shit

it's all evolved around inside jokes so fuck off

>tyre doesn't have a wheel inside

Engines you should be looking for would be longitudinal options as a transverse (like the Fiero powerplant you measured up) will foul on the chassis.
I'd probably be looking at something out of an AWD Audi, as they mount their engines forth of the front axle with the transmission/transaxle close behind. Lock the centre diff and blank off the output to the Audi's rear propshaft and it should resemble something not too far off the way a Lamborghini engine/transmission is configured.
Ah, sounds like someone else already beat me to it. Subaru's are also a similar layout, but I'd have my doubts on the engine being too wide, wouldn't hurt to measure up though!

Da Fuk...

Attached: lamborghini-.jpg (1600x1200, 182K)

Just did some research, you could try out these Salvage auctions. You could typically pick up a written off lamborghini for around 3000 dollars. i think that would be a very good Donor vehicle for your car. link related
iaai.com/Search?Keyword=lamborghini

As badass as that looks, do roos even do enough damage to warrant that much bar?

What are you thinking for a drivetrain OP?

A GM 5.3 or Vortec 350 would probably be the most cost effective swap and give a decent amount of hp and torque. Any interesting totaled vehicles around on the cheap?

You can get much of a lamborghini for 3k.

Beetle rear end (suspension, transaxle, engine)

LS and repro beetle transaxle my dude. It'll fit really well and will move the thing properly.

There are plenty of water damaged lamborghinis that can be salvaged for their bodywork and maybe even the engine and transmission as long as it's cleaned properly.

Ok how would you service this Frankinghini?

Attached: po-in-lambo.jpg (650x361, 109K)

Hopefully just a few simple ones

>A GM 5.3 or Vortec 350 would probably be the most cost effective swap
Into what transmission?

There's some fuckstick by me who has a countach fiero and people actually believe it's real.

4 speed auto and all

Attached: 1475580397601.jpg (748x541, 50K)

just take a honda v6 and stick it back there

>15 million dollar mansion burns to the ground
>OP buys what's left of it and has it shipped to his driveway
>doorknobs and a bathtub are in ok condition
>OP buys an old motorhome/some plywood for "parts"

Attached: Capture.jpg (800x600, 94K)

lols yup bretty much this

you should create a youtube channel op might even get you some ad money

A tremac 5 speed or old muncie 4 speed manual pairs up nicely.

Hard to find those preowned.

Good version of the 1JZ or the 2JZ GE. Cost about the same, and if you straight pipe it will sound fancy af

is this a replica, i thought that the carbon fibre would have all melted but this looks like its made of pig iron. Has this got a salvage title, the structure of the frame looks good but the front might need to be straigtened.

66th, post best post, or make it a desk and sell it to the Chinese

Attached: lamborghini-desks.jpg (1024x682, 475K)

How's that going to fit?

Its a Budget build.

He’ll be geeked to get the 2.8L GM powerplant or a non vtec Honda motor.

VW TRANSAXLE
W

T
R
A
S
A
X
L
E

Attached: 238578.jpg (640x480, 49K)

Attached: milwaukee-reciprocating-saws-6538-21-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 26K)

it's a real lambo that burned up, see

a sawsall isn't going to change the dimension of having the diff right behind the bellhousing idiot.

>Lambo with a Fiero bodykit

My God this has to happen!

hey op, what if instead of having a drive shaft, you have a short af stub coming out of a normal 5 speed and right into a differential

If it were me I’d put in a single turbo Nissan VG30DE or if you can swing it, the VH45DE.

OP turn back while you still can. This is a colossal waste of money. No one here has your best interest in mind they just want to see someone do stupid shit.

Attached: 1520390353308.jpg (377x376, 19K)

I think he also wants to see himself do stupid shit, so lets help him out

>bro I don't have the time or skill to do what you're doing!
>my best advice is you don't do it!
OP has a fantastic project, how about you also find something productive to do instead of being negative on the internet?

Ok OP this may not be helpful at all but a while back I was looking into mid engined builds with GM small blocks. The transmission a lot of them seem to like is the porsche G50 transaxle. No idea if it would fit or how the ebgine is placed in a lambo but they make adapter plates so that they fit up to the GM motors.

Attached: large.jpg (853x640, 202K)

Yeah you don't know anything about me. OP is trying to turn a pile of rusty shit into a running car.

I think he already proved that to himself with the samurai suits.

Good luck fella. Fingers crossed this works for you.

why are you so bitter?
holy fuck

I genuinely want him to succeed though. there's potential for greatness here.

Am almost tempted to donate to OP's cause

OP you need to get a 1UZFE from a LS400 or SC300 and turbo it, run it with no exhaust and it will scream

youtube.com/watch?v=iVFlQgl0f-A

Bed for rich Chinese....

Attached: junkyard-cars-man-cave-garage.jpg (720x459, 62K)

GOD SPEED LAMBO MAN.

you should document this shit and start a youtube channel. fucking Tavarish is doing it and making bank

Veeky Forums is literally the worst place to get advice about cars.

dumb.

If he actually pulls this off then he will have achieved a greater build than most people ever will in their life.

>no one will remember a meme-tier car

Pretty sure that ones false. Either way OP is going down in history.

>implying this already isnt greatness

Attached: 1520022411589.jpg (456x1024, 88K)

Honestly if you put yourself out there I think people would just send you shit because they want you go succeed. For fucks sake dodge sponsored roadkill; I'm sure you could get some exec at the big three to say "hey, that's pretty good" and throw you a crate drivetrain.

this is like upside down diff rally MR2 man combined with Catstang except OP is actually delivering.

good luck you crazy bastard. Those Fiero rear quarters look cool as fuck on there, it would be hilarious to have a Lamborghini chassis with a Fiero bodykit as opposed to the other way around.

put 300zx headlights innit

Attached: headlights-5492337f6f41f.jpg (1200x630, 74K)