/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #905 - Lesbian Rats Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVx5cPUcWCE&spfreload=10
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
picarto.tv/GeekofLove
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for silver a cute!
A cute!!

so can i play sonic mania or not cuz i gotta toaster and i don't want it fucking my own only means of communication

Yuri thread

That's cute, more girls should wear arabian harem outfits.

slow rat

If you own a computer made after 2000, yes

What happened with Boom?

If there's one real, honest complaint I can make about Sonic Mania's level design/gameplay, it's that there's way too many shield powerups.

Most of the game just fucking hands you shields on a goddamn plate. Being able to burn things in Oil Ocean is cool but I'd have rather it been something that wasn't literally just handed to me. Shield monitors are everywhere, and in really obvious spots. "Check out this ledge which you just need to spindash-jump towards"
"Look see part of the monitor is obscured by the foreground, it's totally hidden"

Still a lot of fucking fun though.

On one hand, this works surprisingly well.

CUTE RAT

Vector episode confirmed

Or do you mean that in a more general sense? There's a rumor Boom Sonic will have a reference.

The show does well in other countries where CN doesn't actively sabotage it, so who knows if they plan on making another game.

Let's just pretend Sonic 4 didn't exist that game is so boring when it first came out I beat the whole game less than 10 minutes no joke

But I'm not going to roast the game cuz after all I did enjoy it episode 2 but Sonic Mania wins by a long shot

On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea how to fix this.

>Forces set to be released 7th November
>In 2 months
>Listed as $40
>Barely seen anything

I JUST REALIZED METALLIC MADNESS ACT 2 IS KUNG FU CUTMAN SPED UP WITH EGGMAN RAPPING IN THE BACKGROUND

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

TOPAZU ISU MAINU

ROUGE YU BITCHU

*REEEEEEEs in Japanese*

>Will have a reference in Sonic Forces
I don't know why half the sentence got deleted.

Just par for the course.

Vector! Really? Good. Tell he is still a detective, please.
>Another game.
Nah, another season, it's the only thing I ask.

>Listed as $40
In fairness, people have pointed out that other 3D platformers have been released at the same price too.

I mean, the OCs already look more like Boom side characters than Sonic main series characters.

Holy shit, that works so ridiculously well it's not even funny.

Sonic Mania runs on fine on my computer that can't even manage the first level of serious sam.
Even the special stages work great. Just keep in mind that the PC version has Denuvo and that may cause preformance issues at times if your computer is really weak.
I've had some skipping issues between zones before, and I'm not sure if that's just the game, denuvo, or my computer being ass.

We don't know, episode isn't out yet, but here's the title card I want a season 3 too, I read somewhere that there's a small chance but I'm not sure how true that is.
I love the boom incarnations so i'll take anything at this point.

Finally Dave the intern is in a game.

This was the very first sonic I've ever played to be truthful.

Looks like the graphics offsets are wrong. Set the X offsets for Time Bonus and Ring Bonus to 84. Increase it if the graphics are larger than the default graphics.

actuarry, you've seen arr the game is. It has five revers and one boss fight

youtube.com/watch?v=jVx5cPUcWCE&spfreload=10

There are only 68 Days until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that is correct, there are just sixty eight (sicks-tee ayyyt) days left until Sonic Forces is released in the US.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

Most Sonic games drop down to $20 after a few months anyway so I don't see the big deal here. Maybe it's their way of trying to edge out other games coming out this holiday season.

And Total should be offset by 63.

>Forces is $40
>Mania is $20
>Mania's true ending leads into Forces
>Mania and Forces are actually one game but split up 3&K style

I can't understand Cartoon Network's current madness, every hour of the channel is TTGO, I have nothing against the show, but even from a business standpoint it makes no sense such saturation of one single show.

>not *YOOOOOOOOOOOOs*

The few occasions they air Gumball really make me feel better.

Where's my Mania and Forces lock on technology SEGA?

Thanks for the kind words from last thread about the Arcade Machine, at least you guys find it cool.

Hey, that doesn't look half bad.
I'm struggling atm to think whether to make mine a huge ass thing or a small easy to transport thing.

Also if RetroPie can be customised to not show Snesgames n' shit.
It'll be something fun to do though, so is cool.

It's really baffling, what is CN's endgame, master plan? Is there one?

>yfw your O.C's were sucked in from the Boom universe

>Barely seen anything
We've had 3 HD cutscenes, The reveal of the game's main boss, 1 classic stage, 2 buddy stages, 1 boost stage and one Team stage.and at least 4 pieces of music.
What fucking more do you want?

It honestly feels like they're playing the short game, make as much money as you can then take the profits and run.
Maybe Time Warner is planning on cleaning house?

Anybody else feel like Mania's Blue Sphere doesn't control as well as 3&K? It feels off already but the HDMI lag when I plug into the t.v. makes it impossible to control when it speeds up.

>owning both forces and mania actually connects the two games S3&K style adding several more zones to each and returns hyper forms to the game.

>Iizuka
What do you think.

That works a lot better. Have to live with the zone text though.

It's because movement is smoother. You're used to the original version which uses less frames for movement and it's throwing you off.

A stage that doesn't look like shit.

I have failed my ancestors. Guess bat bitch can have her, then. NOW FOR SUDOKU

this is you now

A look at more than one Boost stage that's likely the first Modern stage of the game? And we've only see bits & pieces of the game's cutscene, but never a full one, half of Infinite's theme & half of Fist Bump.

Next episode of Sonic X: Mr. Tanaka teaches Chris the fate of Yukio Mishima.

Completed my first Mania playthrough. Had 5 Chaos Emeralds by the end, had trouble with getting the 6th one so I had to farm Green Hill Zone for the rest. The last one was surprisingly easy, got the emerald at only mach 2. I died several times in the run but I was never close to getting a game over.

Game is pretty easy honestly, the people who were complaining about FBZ or OOZ in the past few threads are outta their minds. That one octopus boss is simple once you grasp its pattern. I died a few times getting the hang of it, but the last time I did it without any rings.

I rate it a 8.7/10. The ending is pretty bad.

Playthrough being uploaded to youtube. Total playtime a little over 4 hours.

Looks like Bigdad schlock.

This is a nice edition.

BIG ASS SONIC MANIA.

hmm

Would you say Wing Fortress Zone is unfair?

I'd imagine it depends if you have the room and how frequent you'd move around, user.

So there's no Mania for pirates right?

Everytime I want to open this pic, it says it's been deleted.

I hope so. I'm sick of hearing people talk about it.

Fuck the boss fight in Sonic Advance 2 is impossible. I want to fist that fat fuck with a chainsaw goddammit.

>Each individual pixel's 16x16

ghost lipstick blowjobs

It's been out for like 2 days.
If you really don't want to pay for it you'll probably need to wait a week.

Well, Buddy was in Boom after all.

Nope. The initial release is floating around, but it hasn't been cracked yet.
I wish someone would upload yesterday's update so I can update. Fucking Steam isn't doing shit for me. I'm stuck on the Online Only version.

whoops, transparent crop

So if SEGA has a thing for arcades, why haven't they reintroduced some of the exclusive content even for Sonic?

Well, when you put it that way...

Have you tried uninstalling the game, turning steam on and off again and then reinstalling the game?

Y THO NIGGO? BECAUSE YOU GAY HO.

Really makes you think.

Did someone get the boot?

i'm assuming this means no denuvo in sonic forces?

>Sega & Atlus

Anything using an & only sounds like memes to me now.

Just an assumption, but I'm pretty sure whoever though denuvo was a good idea is no longer employed. That's just a guess given the circumstances though.

I hope so. Maybe they learned their lesson.

But does the marketing department decide about what goes or no in the software?

Hey friends, Taking draw requests in the stream. I'll start off drawing some Classic Amy and go from there... come by and dick around with us if you want.
picarto.tv/GeekofLove

Is it possible to use &Knuckles mode with Sonic and Tails to have a Heroes team? Doesn't work when I try it.

A marketing manager doesn't get to make that decision.

I'm not sure but I think I remember a similar search for their Europe branch from not so long ago, so I'm not sure if it's something from before this mess.

Cute sloth

Fun fact: beating Sonic Mania's true final boss as Knuckles with & Knuckles mode enabled [spoilers]unlocks a secret joke ending.[/spoiler]

Are you doing it on no save mode?
If so, then probably not.

FUCK IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET