Australian/New Zealand Thread /ANZ/ (Formally /dat/)

Australian/New Zealand Thread /ANZ/ (Formally /dat/)

>Straya & Kiwi Cars & Bikes
>Straya & Kiwi Questions & Answers
>Straya & Kiwi Pictures & Videos
>Straya & Kiwi Scenic as fuck

>/ANZ/ Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/ANZ/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
/ANZ/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

>Previous thread

Attached: 1438515806206.jpg (266x317, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=~Price&limit=24&q=(And.Price.range(19800..25250)._.Odometer.range(10000..60000)._.Power.range(175..)._.Year.range(2013..)._.Service.Carsales._.GenericGearType.Manual._.State.Victoria._.(Or.BodyStyle.Coupe._.BodyStyle.Hatch.))
youtube.com/channel/UCrrJ76ycqNx4qMGx0klq9iw
discord.gg/hbyZpq
youtube.com/watch?v=W8KBQ9MFVa0&ab_channel=KoiruKatan
carsguide.com.au/holden/astra/price/2018/vxr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the thread that restarted it all
Well worth a read

>astra is unreliable because of the car name
[citation needed]

>Why do you want such effeminate cars?

>his masculinity is so fragile he can't be seen driving a hatchback

>recommends a falocodore

like clockwork

>doesn't even realise that focus st and vxr are quicker than slow pigfat sv6 & xr6

when will bogans learn

>Mazda 3 mps is a nice car. Xr5 too.

why the fuck would I buy either of those old ass cars when I can get something newer and better

fucking poorfags trying to bring me down to their level

i never said anything about fuel economy

>fucking poorfags trying to bring me down to their level
Oh this is hilarious
says the guy who can only spend 20k on a when will bogans learn
When FWD hot hatches come std with a limited slip diff and dont understeer faggot

>[citation needed]
Again go do your own fucking research lazy cuck
>like clockwork
Fucks like you is the reason our domestic car market died.

Enjoy your horrible European shitbox and please feel free to understeer into the nearest gully good day mate

Attached: 10432144_888450784521840_5322624102103057321_n.png (939x790, 277K)

>When FWD hot hatches come std with a limited slip diff and dont understeer faggot

the astra and megane both have a mechanical LSD you drongo

>muh boat on wheels
>muh floaty suspension

falcodores are NOT performance cars

carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=~Price&limit=24&q=(And.Price.range(19800..25250)._.Odometer.range(10000..60000)._.Power.range(175..)._.Year.range(2013..)._.Service.Carsales._.GenericGearType.Manual._.State.Victoria._.(Or.BodyStyle.Coupe._.BodyStyle.Hatch.))

>falcodores are NOT performance cars
>what is v8 supercars
>what is street/strip
>what is improved production
Just because you see bogans only taking their dyno queens to the drift/drags doesnt mean thats all they do

Kindly educate thy self

youtube.com/channel/UCrrJ76ycqNx4qMGx0klq9iw

As i said the xr5 is ugly and has a open diff

I'd honestly get the megane if i absolutely had to get a hatch, the astra is fine but its pig fag 1600kg thats literally as heavy as my fucking vx commodore and has even more weight over the front axle

Bro in law just got pinched with a $660 fine for having a fishing rod holder protruding from his bull bar so I had to take mine off too and put it on the roof top tent rack so the dickheads who came down from Adelaide will leave me alone. What a dumb law, if you get hit at a speed where a fishing rod holder does you any damage, the bull bar itself is going to finish you off anyway.

Attached: 1491692879487.png (400x400, 117K)

sa shit

Coppas going around filling their quotas for Easter hols early qll over mate

They literally told my bro in law that, the local cops don't give a shit about petty laws, they'll only ever pull you over for a RBT or if you're a young fella in a flash loud car.

Go suck off a front wheel dick
Mmm it's bullshit isnt it NSW doing the same blitz

Just gonna stay off the roads as much as possible till after Easter

Attached: 28872114_10155433551153325_7988237475153707008_n.jpg (750x409, 29K)

>what is v8 supercars
>comparing purpose built race cars to street cars with ancient chassis

wewlad this is a new low

>thats literally as heavy as my fucking vx commodore

unlike your commofat it can actually turn and has immense grip

fuck this i'm off to dan's to get me some piss

It's funny because the last time I went to NSW (Pooncarie) Everyone was sitting on at least 180 off the highway. I remember getting overtaken by an L plater driving a Landcruiser when I was sitting on 160 in the VT. Your laws make you all seem like bitches yet you guys don't give a single fuck.

Also what's NSW's stance on shit hanging out of bull bars? I see forbies with the LED lightbars sitting on top of them all the time in Dashcam owners vids.

Bullshit free Aus discord. No ashlee
discord.gg/hbyZpq

>fuck this i'm off to dan's to get me some piss
im kinda over drinking beer atm
>unlike your commofat it can actually turn and has immense grip
uhuh yeah 1tonne over the front axle vs 1 tonne behind the front axle i wonder what handles better hmmmmmmmmm apples and oranges mate, its pig fat either way the renault weighs 200kg less
we give zero fucks its true
above a certain height its a nono, as for stuff hanging out in front it cant be sharp it has to be rounded

As for the leds above stock headlight position has been banned since 2015 im pretty sure but those fellas are all outside the cities it seems so thats why they get away with it
its been dead all day wait for the people who work for a living to get home i guess

SA is fucking bizarre then, pretty sure the only legal requirement with those LED bars is them having to be wired up so that they are only activated with the highbeam switch. Sometime this year I'm getting a smaller LED bar installed on the roof rack pointing left at a 45 degree angle. I'm in a rural area and drive to work at 6 in the morn with nothing but trees and bushes on either side of the highway.

Its been dead because no one cares about discord anymore.

Also to the guy who said xr5 and mps are shit. Go drive one. They are excellent cars and have lots of character instead of being boring to drive. The point to driving is to have fun, but I guess you are just a dumb commuter who will never learn. Go buy a new corolla and get out.

Why would you need a lightbar valanon

is that a supercheap exhaust tip

What beer do I drink tonight? Have to look after cuck kids and need something to relax with. Tbh half the people here would know who I am from the 2nd sentence

>Tbh half the people here would know who I am from the 2nd sentence
i dont and ive been here for over a decade
>Its been dead because no one cares about discord anymore.
Yeah after what happened i stay off them, it was nice not to have to bother with captchas but their whole philosophy of banning "alt right" crap and being a "freemuim" service which is obviously just a honeypot is bullshit

Riot server will be next. Riot respects muh freedoms

christ

bad enough ubisoft is going full sjw with siege, whats next pubgay?

Not Valanon but my bro has a Valiant, pic related. Next upgrade will be a phone camera not from 2008.

Attached: sikk skidz.jpg (570x292, 35K)

Go down to Dan Murphys and get a 6 pack of these. Mate got me onto them. They smell like VB yet taste 100x better.

Attached: beer_10733.jpg (250x938, 41K)

german beer = good aussie microbrew > everything else

Used to drink tonnes of coopers vintage then i got over the taste

Ill have to try them pooj.

I don't mind coopers pale ale.

Pretty nice. If you really need a phone look at xiaomi lineup. Best purchase ive ever made was buying a xiaomi redmi 4x. 150, decent camera. Works nicely. Lasts 4 to 5 days per charge.

Pubgay was already fucked, games suck lol. I might sell my pc for a ryzen apu because I only play csgo. If I need a gpu id get a 1050 ti

That schofferhofer shit have a variant like the Pale Ale too AKA roll the bottle around to mix up the sediment laying on the bottom. Sucks that the nearest place that sells it is 3 hours away in Adelaide or I would just drink that instead of West End like a pleb. Any other good German beers/Aus microbrews you would reccommend?

heh my local bottle-o is 5 min away and sells it im just lucky they have good taste
i recommend oppo IF you can get over the horrible UI

PUBG is pretty dead now the chinks have taken over, no friends to play with so forced to play rando squads, 4/5 matches all my teammates are chinks so I just TK them until one of them kills me. Cunts are too retarded to report otherwise I'd have been banned a month ago.

I don't need a new phone, my bro does. His car has been in Street Machine magazines and summernats pics and I still have a hard time finding a photo bigger than a thumbnail size on the internets.

same i dont play it anymore either, the hackers, lag and the constant stuttering that never got fixed fucked the game for me

Seriously look at a oppo r11

excellent camera good all round phone the downside is the ui is absolute balls but on the upside its a very smooth quick fast phone

mate, you can always find something good at Dan's.
youtube.com/watch?v=W8KBQ9MFVa0&ab_channel=KoiruKatan

Defs a good contender. As a soon-to-be-former Dan's employee, I recommend a few beers often over pretty much everything else

>pale ale: 4 Pines Pale, Ballast Point Grunion, or 3 Ravens 55 APA
>IPA: Ballast Point Sculpin, Pirate Life (any of them), or Sierra Navada Torpedo
>Amber: 2 Birds Sunset
>Darks: Bridge Roads Robust Porter, White Rabbit Dark
>Lager/Pils: Sam Adams, Mornington Lager, maybe Moo Brew Pils if there isn't anything else
>International: any Leffe/Latrappe beers. The Latrappe Quadrupel is fucking amazing and 10% too. They all have a smooth banana bread flavor, with Leffe being a bit more bitter and Latrappe being more creamy, so pick the one you like more.
Most of the Ballast Point beers too. They're coming up fast behind Sierra Nevada as the best American beer company IMO and I personally like their beers a lot more overall.

Pick of the bunch is the Bridge Roads Robust Porter. It's literally the best porter Dan's sells IMO by a fucking country mile and its absolutely delicious. Lots of cocoa bean and coffee bean flavors, topped off with a really nice campfire-y finish. Tastes smokey, it's incredibly good.

Anyway, just don't drink and drive ya fucking dumb cunts. There, this post is related to Veeky Forums topic, pls no ban.

The stuttering did get fixed, fixed as in it hardly happens to me on my 4 year old build but now I get stuck at the loading screen and my teammates are yelling at me on mic to drop from the plane. If they didn't get every streamer they could find along with a no fucks given policy the game would have died in early access IMO.

No it did bloody not, it was horrible since 2 patches ago where you had to disable replays and death cam.

Last patch is even worse.

I hope MAVERICKS PROVING GROUNDS or whatever meme refinement of the battle royale formula takes off because just like DayZ Rust H1Z1 etc

Will look some of these up next time I go to sadelaide, cheers. Also lol at getting banned on Veeky Forums of all places, unless things have changed in the last few months, you have to try pretty hard to even get a post deleted.

Attached: 1507345030709.png (1286x996, 181K)

i fucking hate pale ale

It got better for me mate, 5 updates ago I would either completely freeze up for a minute or the buildings would look like N64 blobs I could walk right through and loot everything. Originally had a 6gb Sapphire 7970 but it died :(

Attached: I need an upgrade.jpg (620x447, 42K)

>6gb Sapphire 7970
lol i had a 390x that couldnt even use 8gb at 1600p

Nah pubgee is dead to me the fucked the performance for most of the people who play it including me and i have a fucking 1600x and 1080 gtx which should not struggle to play this game

its just all bogans
its a bogan general

fuckin hell cunts why are women allowed behind the wheel? biggest mistake the western world has made

I'll never get why a game with PS2 tier graphics demands such high use when my old ass setup can run any other game perfect with high/ultra settings. Brendan teamed up with the wrong company.

t. Melbourne poof

thats an odd way of spelling brisbane

>complaining about bogans
>from queerland

>defending the people that hold back this country
pwoah

Wat is this post? Are you upset because someone said that Astra isn't a good purchase?

Wish I read this before. Picked up some great northerns because I like the taste.

Yeah we need more refugees and act more like progressive americans you mindless cunt.

blame "modders" trying to turn their shit into real games

Any updates on the HPW shit that went down?

>North nsw
>queensland

lol mostly check out the Robust Porter and the Ballast Point beers. If you're not into really crafty style beer BP probably won't be for you, but I've yet to meet a person who doesn't fucking love the Porter.

Also, if you're a fan of real fruity tropical/pacific ales defs try Kaiju Krush. all the Kaiju beers are fucking neato but I really like that one in particular.

I got nothing against GN, they're just not for me. I generally don't really go for super classic bogany beers like VB, Carlton, MB, GN, etc. I'm not a bitters person.

If I ever want something like that I'll usually get Furfys. Literally the only good thing to ever come out of Geelong besides Pinot Noir.

Also if cunts want to try a really good mid-strength then try either Ballast Point Even Keel, or Colonial Small Ale. Ballast Point is an IPA that's mid but doesn't taste like it at all, and Colonial Small Ale is the same deal but it's a pale ale. Small Ale also has the best gimmick I've seen for a can for a long time, the ring-pull tab pulls the entire top of the can off, it's fuckin' neato.

I screenshotted your post. Might out it in the OP too because its good info. Ill definitely try something you recommended next time. Cheers

Cheers cunt, see how you go. If you ever wanna ask about beers head in to Dans in the morning. Often they have a bunch of guys working the mornings and they drink half of the beers they also sell so they should steer you right.

That cunt isn't me.

i never said anything about refugees you bogan subhuman

>Ashlee disappears
>shitposting stops

Hmm. I really should have listened to postie and bogan batman. Discord would have been one big happy family

There's literally nothing wrong with Australian working class culture.

How much different do the 2017 HSVs drive compared to the standard SSV? I've driven an SSV wagon, but never had he chance to drive a HSV.

Oh well now at least this board can go back to actual banter instead of false flags and drama bullshit stired up by one creature

Yeah well before her there was always some agitator

Thankfully I grew up unlike some people who live in Melbourne fairy land.
It's a commodore they haven't changed except got fatter and faster over the years

Also if that bloke gets a 1.6 tonne astra over a 1400kg Reno he's a idiot

Attached: 1501728114137.webm (960x540, 2.29M)

Would have just been ash desu. They have been a pain since day one.

astras are 1600kg?
wtf

>Also if that bloke gets a 1.6 tonne astra over a 1400kg Reno he's a idiot

Megane RS is retarded tier stiff for DD

What's going on lads

yep 1510 kurb

carsguide.com.au/holden/astra/price/2018/vxr

better than a literal 1.6 tonne fart wheel durr

oi aussie muscle get in here and laff

Anyone here know how different the VT S commodore drives compared to the standard ones? I want to test drive a local one first before I make the trip to see pic related.
Don't want to drive 4.5 hrs only to find out I don't like it.

Attached: 96wejctqp50cqixntr1ij.jpg (1197x674, 93K)

Ok cunts, where can I get cheap auto parts? SCA is meh tier and going to Repco makes me feel like I'm getting mugged. I found an online site called sparesbox that seem fairly decent, but I'm wondering if there are any other options?

Bursens doesnt list anything on their website so I might give them a drop by, but I can't be be assed of theyre fonna mug me.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

you know who here again

As i said depends on if they are both stock

if one has the FE2 (sports pack) and one doesnt you will notice a difference as i said in the last thread

FE2 rides lower and slightly stiffer but still comfy, will most likely need mounts bushing shocks spring if they are still stock god forbid or old

also has stiffer/thicker sway bars and thats it from the suspention side of things, engine, trans and tune remain stock

You always have the option of swapping in a alloytec or v8 for more power down the road

Also another little tip look on the back of the diff facing the rear of the car for a "high performance" tag which means its a LSD diff, mine had it from the factory and the commos need it especially in the wet

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a Anonymous when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your Anonymous when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a Anonymous when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Sweet, thanks man.
I thought LSDs made cars worse in the wet though? Easier for the tail to step out.

Not sure if you're being ironic or you are new to Veeky Forums

t. melbourne poof.

If you have shit tyres and can't drive

Lsd is more fun in the dry and wet I didn't say it was safe hahah