/ggg/- Guilty Gear General

Time to jam Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xWYyXs80bfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for axl is the most honest and skillful character

2nd for Johnny is the coolest character

why does ky like coconuts so much?

Shit girl, shit OP, shit thread

Why does Jam like apples?

fuk u

Boobeh

Sol is honest

I want to eat at Jam's restaurant!

GGs dude, hope the EC PC lads can stay in long enough so we can fight each other. And also GGs to anti-air and thanks for the help with my Leo, and good matches shoebox.

top 5 easiest characters: Straight forward gameplay, straightforward inputs, straightforward execution at all levels
Sol
Leo
Raven
Sin
Jack-O

I like to think one of the top listings for Zato's sins that sent him to Hell was making a ridiculously beautiful woman like Millia damaged goods.

I mean, she's a Russian orphan so the laws of literature pretty much require her to suffer, but he still didn't help against that.

Putting up a PC US West lobby if anyone is interested, come on in amigos and have some fun

search id: m1kl

It's a habit. I usually set rooms for public to 2 bar, I think this is set to 1 bar. Next time set it to 0? It's supposed to be an EC lobby

>could practice tools that I'm missing and areas that I'm really weak on doing
>spend that time on cool 100% RISC combos in stead

>That pic

Don't bully the Caveman.

BULLSHIT

Is there a character that can spin 2 win?

THE DOC

So how powerful is Bedman's Absolute World? Couldn't he just delete every character he's fighting from existence if he wanted to?

So for you guys playing in the tournament tomorrow, we have to check in at 8:30 in the GG discord right? Is there a specific channel we have to go to?

I think they just @ you in the discord, but probably the new player lounge

Even if he did Robo Ky would persist like some sort of interdimensional virus to rip his boipucci in half.

The Absolute World is basically a state where the Backyard merges with reality. It would effectively make anything possible with the normal small scale "life hack" magic, because the world and the "source code" are now the same thing. Putting the world into this state, however, kills anything that can't survive in the Backyard. Which is 99.9% of all life forms. The absolute world didn't happen, so no character has access to it. Although Bedman was only okay with killing because he could bring back anyone to life if he remembered them. It was his justification to pretty much sacrifice the entire world and everyone in it to save his sister from a lifetime of complete isolation in her own dreams. Which is why he morally objected to murdering Ramlethal in Xrd Sign, when he realized that she wasn't emotionless, that and she reminded him of his sister.

This is also why he emotionally broke under the weight of everything he did when Ariels told him that she was using him from the beginning.

Wasn't that thing he did to Ariels basically the Absolute World? Why can't he just do that anytime in a fight?

Been practicing a bunch for the tournament tomorrow. Any tips for how to play against beginner Sol/Ky/Raven/Leo players as Ky?

Don't get hit and don't panic when you get hit and especially don't panic burst when you get hit.

Have you done the matchup missions for them? Try them out with your main if you haven't. Some of them are pretty decent

They're not going to be beginners and you're going to get your ass kicked by actually good "new" players and outrandomed by only special move Sols/Kys. Prepare to get out Greed Severed in 5-6f+ games.

Yeah... The problem with the GG discord is that the "new player lobby" isn't actually a new player lobby. Some of the people playing in that lobby have been playing the game for years, it's probably pretty detrimental for actual new players who try to play some of the "new" players from that discord and get steam rolled.

Who is the most like Rachel from BB?

The last part might be the hardest. I really never know when to pop it and sometimes I just pop it when I get hit by a combo or I end up forgetting to pop it.

I forgot these existed. Doing them now.

Damn. Things are looking pretty bleak then.

Nope, the Absolute World was his endgame goal. How Bedman actually fights is by attacking from his dream world by bringing his opponents into his dreamworld unknowingly. He states that the Backyard and dreams are partially connected, and magic in GG is done by harnessing "informational leaks" from the backyard to quickly rewrite things like the laws of physics, for example, on a short scale.

All Bedman really does is use this to attack reality from the dreamworld by making the attack in each merge. But nothing more than that. It's why Slayer had difficulty beating him in Sign despite being much more powerful than him along with everyone else. Slayer being extradimensional himself, couldn't grasp how the magic was actually in two states at once. While Gabriel had no issue because his attacks weren't detected as magic by Bedman (who is has to detect everything without actual sight, because he's asleep). Or how Venom got the drop on him by using a lock on magic technique that didn't register as an attack, while distracting him with Robo Ky, who is essentially invisible to him.

Basically Bedman's extreme power has hard limits that are easily exploitable by an opponent that is aware of how he attacks.

Yeah it seems like there's the circle jerk in there and then the circle jerk in the steam-netplay part but they never cross. I've played some really bad people in steam-netplay and some actually what I would consider seasoned/regular people in the new-player lobby (granted whenever I join half of them aren't anyway near me so you're stuck playing one or two people or not getting any games). I never really liked the idea of this especially given netplay unless it was a regional tournament and even that's questionable with a lot of people.

all discords are circle jerks

Unfortunately 100% this. It's great for keeping in touch with a handful of online friends, but becomes the worst of generals on steroids when open as a public server. I'm still amazed and happy that /ggg/ is avoiding this as well as we are, even if the cost was players being divided by timezones and by platform.

I think regular lobbies helps enough. Keep making them 8-11pm roughly EC and we got a nice little group and some new people showing up.

It really has been a blessing. I still miss the heavy activity days of /v/ threads and introducing many new players to the lore but with the state of /v/ and how well things have miraculously been in the general. It's just not worth rocking the boat right now, IMO.

I'm doing those character match up missions. I'm having trouble dealing 100 damage to SOl after his Volcanic Viper as Ky. What do I do?

We pretty much agreed to not make any discords when we got moved here.

But didn't he say that he could create the Absolute World at any time if he really wanted to?
Requesting this also, maybe Izanami as well

So we had that poll a few days ago and it seems like at the very least the EC PC guys would like to have a tournament. Should we set a date and start planning for one?

GGs PCEC

Only if you can figure out a democratic way to mitigate delay. Playing some people with laggy connections isn't fun.

>mfw chocolate

I don't pay attention to the discord much, but what players might you be referring to? Other than helping players I don't think there really is anyone notable, especially not with the ability to enter the beginner tournament, which I assume is for dark green and below only.

Yep, and that was a good choice. Things don't have to be perfect. The division by timezones isn't great, but it's ultimately a small price to pay.
He meant that he already had his own idea of how to do what he an Ariels were doing. Ariels was pretty much the first person he ever had human interaction with. Even though he was strong enough to explore the world through his own dream world, he couldn't interact with anyone in reality unless he entered their dreams, and they were unable to remember him when they woke up.

Considering that his whole life from very early childhood to the events of Sign were exploring the world as a ghost and watching his sister trapped, isolated, alone, and scared in her dreams. He considered Ariels a genuine friend because she's the first person he was ever able to interact with normally. When he found out that they had the same goal: The Absolute World. He wanted to merge his plan with hers so they could both work together towards it.

>Bedman jumps in with his HS
>feel like I've been blocking high for enough hits
>block low
>get confirmed
Every time.

How would you suggest we go about that? Do we disallow people above a certain frame delay amount? The connection indicator is kind of buggy. I've fought some people with a connection jumping between 0 and 2 bars that had maybe four frames of delay max, and fought people on 3 bars with a delay that jumped to like 8-10 at times. Besides that, I think we'd be mostly good for the EC regulars. I haven't really fought anyone in those lobbies with a really terrible like 5 frame+ delay.

That you lorefag? Can you hit me with some knowledge on Zappa?

>I haven't really fought anyone in those lobbies with a really terrible like 5 frame+ delay.
I've fought several. I know the connection bars aren't the best judgement but they're a good start. Maybe I'm not meant for online tournaments unless it's like agreed upon or verifiable but there's no good way to do that. There's also people who get bad delay when particles happen that completely ruin combos or confirms. Some of the 4f definitely feel worse than others and some are tolerable. Some Ravens I can react against and some are impossible to react against. It's a really hard problem to solve. If someone like me has issues I'd probably be more likely to not partake.

does elphelt have any difficult execution stuff outside of beginner level combos and tactics? LIke anything that would require really strict and quick inputs.

Shotgun stuff

I think we should have a poll to decide what we should do. I get how much of a pain in the ass something like that could be. I'm cooking one up now with a bunch of options on it.

what about the grenade stuff. Like using the grenade perfectly in neutral is any of that hard?

Maybe. Tournaments are a lot of time no playing and I don't think we really have enough people for that to be important. In any online tournament expect a lot of no shows, and if we're only playing ourselves then I don't really see the point. Maybe when we're bigger.

lobbies closed, nobody joined, better not see y'all niggas complaining about a dead thread and no lobbies

you rat fucks

Yeah, at most I think we'll get like 20 people so it'd be pretty informal, but I'll ask again tomorrow evening when it's a little more alive if people want to do this and how we should handle it.

thanks for hosting

i agree with this the nightly lobbies are literally my motivation to pratice

no problem

you can make people take a internet speed test or something right

Dude's a ghost magnet, what more do you expect?

Streaming some more Elphelt combos

twitchtv/hatsugi

but I was being sincere

would anyone be interested in some late night gg on ec pc? I missed the loby

Didn't see this. I was labbing in the lobby I made in the other thread that nobody joined

FUCK KY KISKAY

is all you play is elphelt

play dizzy

real yuro mornings, someone see me on pc real quick

Dizzy is hard to play. I've only seen a few people online that can play dizzy at a good level. I wouldn't call Dizzy an intuitive character.

PSN WC lobby up. Come fuck my shit up.

search id: ogc4

good album

If you're still around I'll play a few, put up a lobby.

But I'm going to bed

how late are you staying up i just got into a game of leaugue but afterwords id love to play

no user, you can play a game or 2 before you sleep.

Ah sorry dude. I was going to go in for maybe 15 minutes, but I've gotta get to sleep. Might be one later tomorrow night if the tournament doesn't last too long.

no worries its my fault for missing the lobby thanks for offering

...zZz...

ok no one is joining, guess i'll try again tomorrow.

Is PSN dead? Do i have to move to PC?

Is there any more story info on her? She is my main and my favorite, but I still am pretty confused into how she fits into the universe.

She's a tuner, something with ki and energy balance/life force bullshit.

I don't think I can do this and I don't think I even want to. Is this something you have to do if you wanna get good at Elphelt?
youtube.com/watch?v=xWYyXs80bfE

I kinda wished Hayhuyn had more lewds T B H.

It's not that much harder.

You should stay since I need someone to take my place now that I've switched to PC .

I don't really like playing passively. Like I don't like turtling or keeping away until the opponent whiffs something. That's how it feels playing Blazblue with Makoto because your neutral is bad. Is Jam the same way. Like does Jam have good ways of getting inside?

Damn it, everyone closes down and goes to bed again right when I get the chance to join.

Sorry user im trying to get some good sleep for the tourney

Where you at my man?

Midwest, either platform