Am I the only one who prefers diesel to gasoline for the driving characteristics...

Am I the only one who prefers diesel to gasoline for the driving characteristics? On a gasoline car the power is in the rev range that I almost never use in daily driving, and it's really annoying how much you have to rev it up to set off without stalling. A diesel car has the torque (a lot more than a gasoline car) right where you need it, most can be remapped for 50 more hp very cheaply, the I5 and I6 ones sound awesome and obviously there's the fuel economy aspect. Is there a reason not to get a diesel car if I want a relatively cheap to run daily with good power at low RPM?

Attached: maxresdefault-4.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

no.
I prefer city driving in a diesel because of the low end torque. makes it a lot easier, especially in a manual. the fuel efficiency is nice as well.
also I get to poison people more than in a petrol car.

diesel is superior to gasoline for DD but because 80% of Veeky Forums drives petrol shitboxes they will disagree with you

My pickup has all these characteristics except fuel economy. 20 mpg isnt stellar

I mean they are top for puttering around the city and cruising on the highway but that isnt fun, get a hybrid if you dont want fun. diesel vehicle just fall on their face if you try and push the car.

Do it

Are you fucking retarded or straight up lying? Diesel is a fucking bane to drive, on par with some Greek tragedy tortures. It has useless low-end torque for a vehicle that doesn't tow or isn't heavily loaded, there's barely any power and its delivery is a boring linear snoozefest, and the rev limit is so low you might forget about listening the engine. Turbo'd diesel are slightly more tolerable but they're still aren't fun to drive on top of being literal cancer.
Anyone who defends Diesel engines on cars is a retard that's mad he stalls too often. Also the fuel economy is absolute garbage in city and you frequently need to drive them hard in hope it'll de-gunk the valves.
You don't know the horror of living in a country where the majority of cars are Diesel, but on the other hand you'll never know the sheer bliss of finally driving an engine that can actually rev.

Attached: 1518411862485.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

this
instant torque, low maintenance and great mpg
perfection

is there even such a thing as a modern naturally aspirated diesel?

>extremely practical in engine choice
>picks an impractical pigfat badgewhore car
if you wanted a truly
>please no fuel consumption because think of the trees and children
>please no high revving since it scares me
>please make it sound like a tracktor so i pretend Im country
car youd get a hybrid.
You are just justifying your shitty taste right now

No. They're all stupidly strung-up engines with so much finicky electricals it even defeats the main point of Diesels, their simplicity and solidity.
Talk of low maintenance to an HDi owner. Talk of fucking MPGs after you've actually measured it.

No, there isn't.
The guy is either:
1. A mental case living in a modern country
2. A poo in the loo from india
3. Built a time machine and is from the past

why are modern diesels always reaching higher miles than petrols?
when you go to classifieds and sort a bmw 5 series or mb e class by mileage only the diesels have over 600k km

I thought PSA had (relatively) great diesels.

Or I just got to drive an old Diesel Merc.
They still are bit more resistant than equivalent gazoline engines, especially due to reduced RPM wear. But common rail injections are a fucking bitch.
Oh to be honest it really depends. Some are alright but some like the HDi of mid 2000's are a plague that drive mad the poor owners who were used to older engines.

>modern naturally aspirated diesel
>modern
>Or I just got to drive an old Diesel Merc
>old
Do you even know what reading comprehension is?

Lmao, that's complete bullshit, me or my family members have never had any of these problems owning diesel cars for 15+ years

Are you illiterate? Try actually reading what's written in the OP

>I already answered "no" to "is there any modern NA Diesels?"
>lol reading comprehension
Maybe read the other posts you retard. Of course they stopped making NA Diesels, I've even wrote why.
What were the cars? Some are indeed very well made and solid. And even engines with horrible reputations can still have individual models do very well.

lrn2drive m8, the only thing a diesel has over petrol is fuel effectivness over a high mileage drive.
>stalling a car
fucking amature.

2002 1.9 Ford Focus, 2009 1.9 VW Transporter, 2013 1.6 Ford Focus and my father had a 90s 1.9 VW Golf (don't remember the exact year) with more than 500k km that was extremely reliable. All of them were mostly driven for short distances (8 km one way) with no diesel problems that you usually read about on forums, although they were driven on longer rides about once a month, so that probably helped.

diesels would be fine it they didn't smell so damn bad. properly tuned gasoline engines don't have noxious fumes like all the diesels ive ever been stuck behind in traffic.

Then why did you even reply to my post?
Maybe you should "read the other posts", and realize that I only replied to the guy who asked about modern naturally-aspirated diesels.
Take your idiotic opinions and shove them way up inside your asshole, like so deep you start to reach your small intestines.

They're great engines, not always a pleasure to work no but you really only have to service them every 15000 km. The other guy is full of shit and really salty for whatever reason.

>so that probably helped.
I'm not expert enough to know the details, but yeah it seems to do a lot of difference. Also the 1.9VW TDI is even swap engine-tier, so yeah relialability is good.
That still doesn't fix the lack of fun.

Personally I find the low-mid RPM torque of a diesel that kicks you in the back of the seat more fun than having to rev to high RPMs to get any power. I haven't driven a turbo petrol car yet, but I daily a 170 hp NA gasoline car right now and I'm considering switching to diesel, because it doesn't have enough low end torque for me.

Seek help and get out.

Modern hybrids combine the best aspects of both.

Attached: Q70.jpg (900x599, 95K)

Lmao mad torquelet

I prefer petrol. Most women I know prefer diesels.
>Hard to stall.
>No need for a lot of gear shifting.

>Needlessly complicated
>Real world economy is utter shit if you don't drive like a 90 year old going to sunday church
>Don't have the torque of a diesel
>cost more than a diesel
>can't roll coal with

Try again sweety

Attached: 711.png (300x415, 121K)

The only place diesel belong is in commercial vehicles and outside cities

Can't make a compelling deisel car that doesn't shit itself after a few years without emitting 40-80x the legal nox limit, it's dead tech. Stuff like skyactivx is the future

>Diesel torque meme
This is because people compare diesel engines to petrol engines with similar HP, not displacement. Also most modern petrol engines are oversquare, reducing torque further.

>he doesn't hoon his diesels
wew don't look in your engine bay.

Get a blower faggot

I hate modern diesels but don't mind old N/A indirect injection ones with mechanical pumps.
All modern common rail turbodiesels I have driven had enormous amounts of turbo lag and no torque whatsoever before the turbo kicks in. They are also increasingly unreliable.

@gmail.com

>low down tq
>higher up power
>good mileage

Lsx

Attached: Why_not_both.jpg (400x400, 86K)

>t. truckcuck

>ridiculous insurance, registration and fuel costs
Yes, it sucks being an Eurocuck, but I don't have much choice

They're better for daily driving desu

Eurotrash here. I love my Focus Estate diesel.
I had petrol BMW, but i really enjoy the turbokick in the back while driving diesel.

My next car will be Mondeo estate, 2,2 TDCi, 200phb, and I will have it chip-tuned.

Only downside I see is the particle-filter.
Good for the mother Earth, bad for our wallets. I already had to buy a new one. I am so glad it cost me only like 500 EUR for original ford PDF.

If I would have the love, I would buy an older Audi Q7 with V12 turbo-diesel.