/scoot/ Scooters 'n' Stuff

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE

>Post Your Scoot
>Enjoy Your Hobby
>Mopeds Allowed

Let ye who has been cast from /DBT/ and /n/ find refuge within.

Attached: DST.jpg (1200x1600, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gC8q920jbfE
youtube.com/watch?v=hm8t5WWYctI&t=4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are scooter riders traps?

I've never heard of one, but I'm sure they're probably out there

you wish

>letting yourself get bullied on /dbt/
just post there, fagget
this will never take off

Post scoots

Attached: Screenshot_20180308-122115.jpg (1009x1132, 879K)

>get bitched at in dbt
>get bitched at in scoot thread

Fuck off already.

Attached: 53099589_p0.jpg (935x1000, 708K)

Is there a good dealer for chinese scoots online? I know there's a few, but I want to get a 150 and that's going to require documents and such.

My junker 2007 is about at its end.

Moped, came with optional "scooterfairing"

Attached: 22_TEMPO_CORVETTE_380_HVIT_red3.png (713x430, 220K)

Same moped with scooterfairing and windshield

Attached: TEMPO CORVETTE 380-79-VS-1015_logo.jpg (2235x1689, 1.55M)

They don't make them like they used to

Attached: TEMPO CORVETTE 380-78-HS-0936_logo.jpg (2127x1572, 1.3M)

>They don't make them like they used to

People don't want to pedal and burn oil. My scooter would much rather leak oil than burn it.

>Pedal
Not at all
>Burn oil
2-smoke scoot over 4-stroke scoot any day
Nothing beats smoking chads and stacies in their convertibles

TURBOSCOOT

Attached: crvmedsimmo.jpg (819x614, 85K)

While I love the bzzzzz sound 2-strokes make, I'm on a 150 now so I don't miss the power. Or the oil fog.

>150
No one* riders scoots over 49cc over here. They get scoots at 16, then jump to car or real motorcycles at 18.

I reinforce the notion that scooters are for poor people in america by being poor and riding a scooter. I'm less poor than I was, but I really can't justify spending 10x more on insurance, to say nothing of gas.

I've ridden motorcycles, but I'm old enough to recognize I can't use their power in an urban environment and no one cares where you park a scooter. My apartment block has a covered area for bicycles and scooters, motorcycles have to park in the lot and get rained on.

Get a real motorcycle, don't be a fag.

Let people like what they like, don't be an asshole.

Give me a reason why I shouldn't buy my coworkers neglected 50cc bbk scoot.

>My apartment block has a covered area for bicycles and scooters, motorcycles have to park in the lot and get rained on.
And yet bikes have the same "footprint". I swear to god it's just hatred for people who ride motorcycles, like a way of saying "i want you to do something else so i'm going to do everything i can to make your life inconvenient until you give up".

can't use power in the city != can't use power

owning a DD and a separate track toy is for rich people

Fuck off fag we love scoot thread

Attached: SCOOTSCOOT.jpg (1200x800, 224K)

No reason not to. Thrash it or restore it

Is the Cub a scooter or Motorcycle? Both?

>step through
>scooter-style bodywork
>kawai

BUT

>foot shift
>pegs

Attached: pimp-cub.jpg (495x536, 124K)

Bikes are a lot longer. Most bikes don't have centerstands so they take up way more space when parked.

Parking is scarce, having to use a whole car space means motorcycles are no more practical than cars.

Proto-scooter.

i blame parents, most places let teens ride scooters 2 years before a vehicle but parents completely ignore this option because its too dangerous

and IF they finally get on the road they have to put up with ridicule from their bus riding peers and so they get a car instantly and pretend like the scooter thing was just a phase for losers

if more people knew how cool "limited speed motorcycles" can be for their price more people would buy them

Life is suffering

Attached: life-is-suffering.png (787x156, 22K)

I saw one for sale up in ohio somewhere. Looks huuuuuuge.

This is the only pic I have of my scooter. It's a 1985 Honda Aero 50. It first ran from 85 to 87, then it sat until the summer of 1995, then it sat again until 2005. Ran it until 2007, parked it and now we're in 2018. I should restore it to to its former glory and use it for real this time. One gallon of gas and that thing will take you any place you need to be.

Attached: aero.jpg (1024x768, 51K)

low and long... Want...

Attached: yamaha-morphous-2008-3.jpg (1600x1200, 161K)

Wow!

>bikers still don't wave

I wave to scooters.

>* Wheelbase: 63.6 in

That's gold wing size.

I date one, she had a vespa 150.

Fucking do it and keep us updated!

I don't wave unless they wave first, or they're also on a scooter. But scooter peeps never wave back to me

Classic Honda 67. Badass cafe racer. Classic look.. common to upgrade to 110cc like a BOSS

Attached: honda_ss50_thum.jpg (650x330, 170K)

I want to hit the /dirt/ with my scoot.

youtube.com/watch?v=gC8q920jbfE

Attached: 1520559296299.jpg (1067x1200, 301K)

this 30+ year old scooterhas gone from Malaysia to the UK, from the middle of russia to the UK, and then from alaska to argentina and across the width of the US

Attached: 1edmarch.jpg (484x412, 56K)

>honda will never make their EV Cub concept a reality
why live

Attached: honda-ev-cub-tokyo.jpg (630x420, 66K)

It looks like a smooth helix
Speaking of Helix, has anyone had one? I've been interested in maybe picking one up after I'm done with my ruckus.

Electric PCX seems more likely. The ability to take the batteries into my apartment to recharge is very attractive and I'd buy one in a heartbeat. It'd be the perfect commuter/grocery grabber.

I don't think honda will ever bring the cub back to america.

Grew up riding a

Honda C70. Cool little thing. Could carry an insane amount of load up the steepest hills with that super short first gear.

Briefly owned a Yamaha 80cc. The contrast between the 70cc four stroke and the 80cc two stoke is huge. But the Yamaha was way less reliable. But it was quick.

Electric motorcycles are a terrible idea. Too dangerous for everyone involved.

>Electric motorcycles are a terrible idea. Too dangerous for everyone involved.

How so? Genuinely curious what makes you say this, a little 10kW motor would be enough for me to get around.

>Too dangerous
huh?

I doubt I'll ever find dirt on my ruckus but I just put off road white walls on it today!

Dude, Ed's the man! I can't wait for when he finishes editing the footage from the last leg of Alaska to Argentina

Attached: cocktus.jpg (960x720, 92K)

Someone else worth knowing about for this thread is this guy. I've met him and he's the nicest most down to earth dude ever. That video was 3 years ago and since then he's gotten up to around 69k on the odo.
All on a 50cc.

youtube.com/watch?v=hm8t5WWYctI&t=4s

Attached: 6.jpg (960x539, 60K)

Is Honda ever going to bring the X-ADV to America?

Attached: IMG_1652.jpg (1201x902, 1.06M)

china honda cub clone? SF?

Sym is taiwanese.

Honda will probably never bring the new cub to the US, there just isn't much demand for practical city transportation, and they couldn't call it the cub anyway since that's trademarked in america.

Honda's best selling motorcycle in north america is the grom, but there doesn't seem much interest in trying to sell small cc machines, despite market popularity. I assume the margins on $16,000 sport bikes makes up for not selling many.

Attached: cub.jpg (655x491, 29K)