/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Recruit Rush edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Blood Orchid releases September 5. PC can play it now on the TTS.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx
There will be changes to map rotations for Casual and Ranked in Season 3.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Comeback Victory:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7wybmrL4r0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Valk's face didn't need fixing

>Still can't customize recruit presets and loadouts from Operator menu
If UbiSods are going to load me into a match in-progress you might as well let me choose which loadout I get stuck with from the menu. The fact I have to load up a custom to do that is just obnoxious.

Post more Recruit

I'm a noob. What should I avoid doing that annoys you?

Fifth for rainbow devs putting heroin user on arcade machine
>BostonBearJew

You think people can get it removed by saying that jew is offensive?

Her facepaint and hair colour is what needs fixing. That paint is applied shittily, isn't smooth at all and doesn't connect to her nose, and her shade of blonde should be much, much lighter. Her hair looks almost white in her portrait, but a yellow blonde in game.

Where can I find good r6 hentai. Paheal and booru suck.

Nah, people eat that sob story

I think that was the dumbest shit that they decided to do.
I'm sure some other poor sods passed away between launch and now too

reinforcing between bombs
scanning cameras all the time
talking that doesnt benefit the team
not using operators correctly, or not using the gadget at all
reinforcing floors for no reason
not hopping in the objective room to contest in a secure area match

Never reinforce. Use barbed wire in low-traffic areas; the enemy will never expect it and it won't get destroyed. Place deployable shields in the middle of the room as the enemy won't be able to counter them. Use shotguns as they are highly reliable. Immediately save up for Echo and Hibana and don't spend any renown on anything else, they have absolutely overpowered shotguns which makes it worth it.
Stuns>Smokes>Frags

Maybe it was PR idea to show that
>ubi cares about community

They could have picked someone with a better screen name

kek

When I saw that in the demo, I thought it was randomly displaying the stats of another player in the same match. As you said, plenty of other Siege players have probably died already, making a memorial to a random player (and not, for example, someone who worked on the game) is kind of weird.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of who he was?

Literally just a guy who played Siege a lot

some xbooox diamond dood who OD'd(not official info)
One thing I don't understand is writing whole post about him, read replies and later
>Why did he die?
>It's painful to talk about him to me, I just want to forget it

noice

/r6g/ HELP

I'm looking for a story that covered some of the operators off mission. All I remember was at one point Pulse interviewed Cav and that Blitz had his own chapter. Anyone have any leads?

If you are an attacker and the time runs out before you can secure the objective or kill the defenders, you have utterly failed and have absolutely no excuse for how slow you were going.
A lot of new players will hesitate and let the time run out, this is the worst possible thing you could ever do because you're not even trying. If you charge into the objective room with 3 seconds to spare and 4 defenders left alive, you're probably going to eat a ton of bullets, but there's at least a microscopic chance you can win that engagement. You lose nothing by dying at the end of the round.
Same thing goes with playing on defense. If the enemies are securing the container and you actually let them win by securing the objective and not by killing all defenders, you've fucked up big time and completely dropped your chance (no matter how small) to win the round.

Also, know how to react as a defender when the clock is running down. A 15 second warning doesn't mean run out of the objective and get picked off one by one, it means stay out of sight from attackers until they attempt to plant bomb/secure container/grab hostage. There are plenty of times where I see the last defender peek out very aggressively with 5 seconds on the clock and die with the attackers nowhere near the objective, giving them a free win.

Shouldn't the Velvet Shell skins be on sale by now? It feels like they've completely forgot about them

I really want one of the skins, but I'm waiting for the sale, only a few days left till they're gone forever.

UBI PLZ

They'll probably start it today or tomorrow

>friend tells me to play with him so I do
>join his game then get on skype
>soon as I join his call my xbox freezes
>skype is still working for some reason
>tell him this and he keeps searching and finds a game
>restart xbox
>now I can't connect to siege servers
>restart xbox a couple more times, still doesn't work
>reset router and I can connect
>match is over by this point
>get a loss and put in timeout

>Ubisoft constantly gimps recruits because you shouldn't be using them at all
>If you voluntarily pick recruit the game is made worse for literally every person in the game
>Ubisoft literally forces you to use them if you backfill a match that is loading in progress
>Because there is no penalty at all for quitting casual matches so the odds of you back filling a match are high

I'm curious if a single person at Ubisoft even plays Siege. This has been an issue since 2015 and nobody seems to recognize it.

How can PCucks ever compete?

>retards insisting again and again Lesion won't possible affect the meta
youtu.be/7wybmrL4r0k
lol

Imo every season meta changes

apparently a bunch of the siege devs are diamond

The fuck?

>The Technical Test Server is open until 10AM EST on Friday, September 1st. Hope you've had as much fun with Blood Orchid as Tachanka did!
They can't keep getting away with it

I don't believe this even for a second. They could log into their accounts in front of my face and I wouldn't believe it.

That pic is sort of funny tho

I've been playing for 300 hours and I'm not sure if this is satire

>ywn get to lick Tachanka's ice cream cone because he's too embarrassed to take off his mask and eat it himself

>takes off mask
>is a bishonen

>that 1-3 nigga that tries to backseat the 8-0 nigga

>keeps advertising the map you don't get to play in ranked

LORD CHANKA XD

>thatichioni level 205
>thatcher
>EMPs a bare wall, breaches it and rushes in ignoring reinforced bandit wall right next to him
>rushes straight into a Kapkan trap, about six feet from his breach hole
>spends the rest of the round bitching about how we're going in too slowly when there is like 3 minutes left and I've killed 2 of the enemies
>huge firefight between both teams
>I killed another, one of ours is down
>I'm slowly moving towards him while fighting still because the last two are on top the two of us left standing and the one downed
>starts bitching again "YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A DOWNED TEAM MATE MAYBE YOU SHOULD HELP HIM YOU RETARDS" right as I get my 4th kill and am picking the guy up
>other living team member finishes off the last guy, he's still whining about how shit we are

Lesion is the best defender now

Except you do, retard.

>"Refreshing Content"
>"REFRESHING"

>it was Tachanka who put forward the ban

what the fuck happened to this game

>Back at game launch
>Unlock Tachanka because grizzled old russian with big fuck-off gun as a gadget
>Instead I got a literal meme character who Ubisoft will never fix
Russians just can't catch a break can they?

coffee and socks are the real life saver

Is thatchioni his name? Blacklisted

>bawww my cancer loadout is gone

>>spends the rest of the round bitching about how we're going in too slowly when there is like 3 minutes left and I've killed 2 of the enemies
STOP PLAYING CASUAL

Yeah.

Had no stack for ranked and felt like playing.

>playing on cafe, up 3-0
>one guy on my team has high ping and is carrying
>other team gets really salty, accuses him of ping abusing (for all I know, he was)
>they start doc glitching and we lose the round
>for the rest of the match they get off nutty wallbangs, spawnpeeks and flanks out of this world
>lose the match
I'm probably just in the aftermath of getting assblasted but god damn this was one of the few times I've ever played where in hindsight of a game I genuinlly feel as if they were hacking/scripting (doc glitching aside)

I have been visiting the r6 [spioler]subreddit[/spoiler] lately and man holy shit they are retarded

Wait, no. Thatichioni. That ichi oni.

fuck im also retarded

Why do you retards post?

>Call it Refreshing Content
>Not just calling it a balance change
>Throw a LORD CHANKA meme in there to appease reddit

If you missed the point that it's just piss poor, actually bad communication you are a retard

I'm sorry do you have an official announcement or update from Ubisoft announcing the map can now be played in Ranked?

>playing thermite on clubhouse
>Hostage is in bedroom
>rappel up to get onto other side where the reinforced walls are
>end up phasing through a wall
>get filled with bullets and die
A classic case of Operation health right here.

Buff idea for Tachanka:
Rather than hanging down, his turret when unmanned stays pointed forward so it's harder to instantly tell there's no one in it.

I'm aware buffing Tachanka - and let's not fall back on reddit memeology - is a pointless exercise

The only way for Tachanka to ever become viable would require him to be completely reworked from the ground up. A completely different ability would be necessary.

How do I have fun with this game?

win

These are the three changes you would need to make to Tachanka to make him "alright" until you rework him down the line

>Tachanka's shield is now indestructible
Since people only ever "destroy" the shield through cheesing it by shooting it at an angle he can't shoot back from, and never in direct fire fights (read: de facto indestructible) then just make the shield have unlimited health

>Current ADS accuracy is normal accuracy, ADS accuracy is even more precise
Enough said, it's too easy to wiff a ton of shots with CHANKY

>Tachanka can crouch on the turret
Using a modular height bipod, Tachanka can now lower the height of the turret so he can sit behind smaller pieces of cover better

I support all these as easy changes that would actually make him usable. Though I'd probably not bother increasing the accuracy, but rather make the recoil waaaaaay lower.

all this game needs is to nerf 3 speeds and its a fucking 10/10

also 360 degree turn and a sight

they just did dude.

They decreased the time it takes to set/pack up his turret on the TTS. The magazine box on the turret was removed too.

ACOGs is not enough I want there to be a huge disadvantage for wanting speedy operators

I'm not talking about removing acogs. 3 speeds are noticeably slower on the TTS than they are on the live build.
But,
>I want there to be a huge disadvantage for wanting speedy operators
Then change one shot headshots, so that 3 speeds always die to a shot to the head but 2 and 3 armors can survive them depending on the caliber/damage and range

Literally just decrease their movement speed. Even players like kixstar wish they moved slower.

ill say this again like I have many times
speed up the fucking deploy process and take down process. to like 3 seconds. then he'll be able to surprise the enemy from a different angle

>speed up the fucking deploy process and take down process. to like 3 seconds
But user, on live, it already is 3 seconds for deployment and break-down.
It's around 2 seconds on the TTS.

>Then change one shot headshots

They will never do this. Ubisoft is stubborn and wants their game to be "realistic" but won't change the rest of the games TTK to match. Almost every gun in the game should be a 2-3 hit kill at all ranges, to every body part, if you are going to have 1 hit headshots to the level of autism that Siege does

hey guys hey what about rook already having his armor plate sticked when spawning so he has time to do other stuff due to his slow speed?

Shitty art incoming

Can you prove it

More incoming of this shitty series...

Blacklist: VicVinegar

I know they'll never do it. They'd have to make a second game to change something that ingrained in the balance of the game.
Plus there'd be a cascade of other changes that would need to be made to make sure everything stays balanced after making such a big change, like buffing pistols so that they don't become even more obsolete.

I can try, give me a minute.

When you think about it, it's really kind of sad that Call of Duty 4 managed to get everything so perfect on gun handling, damage and time to kill... And that game is basically a decade old now. Remember how Pistols in that game were in no way irrelevant?

I think that's pretty cute user.

These are pretty good.

FUCK

If they're not flashed, DON'T GIVE THEM THE ANIMATION AS IF THEY'RE FLASHED

BLITZ IS FUCKING UNPLAYABLE

FUCK

Whitelist: HughHoney

While I agree about the animation, you're simply forced to learn the ranges. Also, after flashing someone, give them a second to get confused or you're likely to get shot while you're aiming at them.

This was the last one I made. I kind of want to make more. Xing with Yoperator.

>flash someone running towards me
>hit the knife button, don't knife for some reason
>panic and knife again, actually knife but aim is way off
>his buddy I would've stood a chance against kills me
IF MY FUCKING KNIFE WORKED THE FIRST TIME

I like them.
stressful has one L

Like a fanfic?