Veeky Forums absolutely blown the fuck out

Veeky Forums absolutely blown the fuck out

Attached: 211201881727.jpg (1080x923, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/news/19128/subaru-might-axe-manuals-in-the-name-of-safety
youtube.com/channel/UCfejXM_W1JtRx5KFARC6Tsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do people in Japan even buy manuals anymore?

>Subaru
Nothing of value was lost

No, only 80% of cars in Japan are manual.

THEY WILL NEVER TAKE AWAY MY MANUAL

Attached: 1504195827219.jpg (420x410, 17K)

>CVT WXR

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (800x614, 58K)

>UPDATE: In an email to The Drive, a Subaru spokesperson clarified that the company is "investing in manuals for the future," so don't start mourning the Subaru stick shifts just yet.

Attached: Bait1.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

thedrive.com/news/19128/subaru-might-axe-manuals-in-the-name-of-safety

thanks ameritards

THERES A MAN

Attached: 7B56AF56-E20E-4CF4-A07F-0438D93803D4.png (414x612, 333K)

bullshit, other way round maybe

Subaru has been on a decline for years. I'm waiting for 2022-26 when you can buy an imported wrx or sti and drive it.

user the percentage of Japanese driving and knowing how to drive manual has dropped rapidly over the 00s and is still dropping.
It's been heading like this since the mid 90s. Their are catching up to us percentages of manual car sales. Over 90% of insured and driven cars in jp are AT now.

this has to all be just a bad dream. I'm gonna wake up soon, right br/o/s?

Attached: 8756485685645678234569876.jpg (1600x866, 117K)

>Americans can't shift gears without looking at the shifter so auto manufacturers have to respond

I am not even sad. It is just too funny.

Oy vey, goyim! It's not safe if the car can't drive itself!

Honda unintentionally solved that problem like 16 years ago. Just put it in the dash.

Attached: EP3 si.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Vans have been doing that since the 60's

Didn't know that, I've only ever seen automatic vans with the column shift.

It was still a cool thing to see in a civic, and it actually worked really well.

Just like the dash mounted shifter in the Carrera GT. Such an awesome design.

Attached: 16546de66c7957b073395f408511039d.jpg (640x480, 288K)

youtube.com/channel/UCfejXM_W1JtRx5KFARC6Tsw

Try counting the amount of manual cars featured in this channel in the last 6 months, it's only a handful.

Yeah it's pretty much the tits having the space between your wheel and gear shift being about as wide as your hand, you can shift so quickly without even thinking it's amazing. Shame it only shows up in specific years and models of cars rather than being a remotely popular idea.

>manuals for the future

He probably means CVTs with paddles

Fuck this gay earth

>As for the brand's more performance-oriented vehicles, Graham tells enthusiasts not to worry, pointing to the continued success of BMW's automatic-only M cars. "For me, an STI has to be a manual in the guise it is today, however, if you look at [auto-only] M-series BMWs, I don’t think this is the end and I'd be very excited if they had a hybrid petrol STI. That would be phenomenal in terms of its acceleration."

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Attached: 1518751176448.jpg (638x1024, 128K)

Honestly automatics are dangerous if you ask me.
Fine movement control in automatics is miserable.
Plus when you corner at the limit in an auto a shift can put you into a wall.

Actually this is a britbong thing where you axed the WRX. The only reason the Crosstrek has a manual transmission option is because of America.

ya wtf that's not even the hard part
getting the timing and force right is more significant

i recall hearing something about the Obama administration making moves to force auto manufacturers to do away with manual transmission all together
by such and such date, all new vehicles would only be built with automatic transmissions
not sure what ever came of it

It's more about the crash dummies foot gets stuck under the clutch pedal in a crash.

>What we want: sequential dogboxes in addition to manuals
>what we get: planetary gearsets with these appropriately named things that convert torque into waste heat and extra heavy sequentials with two clutches instead of well designed dog ring systems

Obama really was pushing a nigger agenda hard in his times.

Sometimes I stretch my legs out and put my feet under the pedals on long drives when I put cruise control on. It gets strangely confusing to yank them out in a hurry and jab the right pedals. The muscle memory comes out all wrong somehow.

You should try it sometime.

>80%
>only

That's the joke you idiot

THIS ISN'T REAL THIS ISN'T REAL THIS ISN'T REAL THIS ISN'T REAL THIS ISN'T REAL THIS ISN'T REAL

Attached: 1402093422535.jpg (385x500, 35K)

Read the article, it's the director of marketing in the UK

GOIN ROUND TAKIN NAMES

MANUALS ARE UNSAFE

Attached: 1443051955062.jpg (755x755, 111K)

how are they unsafe?
if your shit at driving manual your gears and dignity are the only thing in danger

They sold more sti in America that they sold subarus in the entirety of Europe.

Read the article, they're not compatible with EyeSight.

scoobaru is a poorly established brand in europe and save for the impreza model (which is perceived purely for enthusiasts car that noone sane would buy) they have horrible reputation for poor reliability and fuel inefficiency.

1st and 2nd gen foresters used to look like lifted station wagons - which was attractive for the european consumer. New ones are just yet another shitty crossover/suv combo on a market so oversaturated you might as well get a better deal with another brand.