/dg/ - Destiny General

>>>NEWSCLANSThe Leviathan Raid Gdoc sign ups PREVIOUS THREAD

what the fucks a lomi

DON'T READ THE SPOILERS

Where's Alpha Team?

how reddit of you

GIVE THEM TO ME

Why the fuck do we already have a raid doc

Will PC players be able to get veteran rewards if they had a PS4 account of Destiny?

No.

Bungie said they want to make things right, so that means what you'd expect. They won't.

Anything even remotely close to cross-platform capabilities gets a fat, resounding "no".

I don't know. I just copied the IP from the last thread because we were well past the bump limit and on page 9.

>that strike list

hope it's not the full list.

>pvp maps reduced in size
>all pvp modes are 4v4
>rumble gone
>clash gone >supers and abilities charge slower
>talent tree stats removed, everything is now cookie cutter swap ability buffs >shotguns and sniper rifles now use heavy weapon slot
>less story missions than D1 on launch >Only 5 strikes on release(6 if PS4)
>no zone chat for PC users

No, Noseworthy already said as much this week. It's going to be treated like a brand new account.

It's missing the PS4 exclusive strike. :^)

>leaving friends for muh feeps
you deserve it

Dont worry theres a handful of more strikes once you pay for the DLCs

b-but I was the only one of my friends who played Destiny 1. None of my other friends would touch it because it wasn't PC.

the game plays a million times better on the PC, it's not just FPS

Anyone else just not playing any more Destiny until launch? After playing the PC beta for a few hours i didn't feel like I needed to go back again when it's just a few days. Day before I was still doing patrol and cruc bounties.

Any recommendations for other FPS games on PC to practice movement for D2? I just downloaded Doom, which is pretty fun and is giving me some practice with aim, but the movement is pretty limited as there's pretty much no vertical play, and you can't exactly sprint/slide either.

titanfall 2

Halo series is the closest you're gonna get.

Bordermeme 2

>Will PC players be able to get veteran rewards if they had a PS4 account of Destiny?
Veteran rewards? What's that?

>mfw going from titanfall 2 to destiny's crucible
seriously, I mean the PVE is fun and I'll enjoy the game enough with that, but the crucible really aint shit.

Didn't PC get halo 5 forge for free or something along those lines? Probably the closest you'll get.

I've been playing tf2 pretty steady and i was crushing people in the beta, there is a lot of good movement options and it looks like we'll get even more in the full game.

emblems for having met certain conditions like having 5000 grimoire score before aug 1st or having completed x moments of triumph in year 1. since D1 was never on PC before aug 1 2017, PC players cannot meet the requirements to use those emblems.

>rumble gone
No one played rumble, it had the lowest population out of all pvp game modes.

Just emblems? Well, that's shit. I was hoping for a shader at least.

it just bothers me because the skill ceiling feels a lot lower in this game than titanfall, what's more bungie's PVP weapon balancing makes respawn's look good by comparison.
>lot of good movement options
that might be my opinion if my last FPS experience had been halo, COD, or BF.

maybe it'll grow on me but the crucible really feels tacked on and lacking compared to other, dedicated competitive shooters

You mean... THESE ONES?

>I've been playing tf2 pretty steady and i was crushing people in the beta
Everyone crushed people in the beta thanks to smgs

So how will they explain starting from zero in Destiny 3?

I played it a lot in D1 mostly just screwing around with friends. It's fun if you don't take it seriously.

I actually didn't touch the SMGs, didn't really like the feel. I used the titan exotic and a full auto pulse rifle I picked up.

Rumble is/was the best game mode. Best place to git gud. It got super sweaty with SBMM, but it was still the most tolerable PVP mode.It wouldn't work for D2 given the difference in TTK, though.

the vex displace humanity through time

>git gu
>super sweaty
>TTK
Stop talking

Crucible is for funsies unless its tryhard osiris or banner. While movement was much more limited I enjoyed not being killed by an smg across the map like in Titanfall 2 but I can't say my opponents felt the same way when I was using the handcannon

>new golden age

Nigga we still have at least 3 years of DLC left, how will that work?

Rumble is only for niggers who dont have a squad to play in premades with. Too many faggots like you complaining that team multiplayer needs more teamwork now

I was referring to the tf2 beta

Holy FUCK outside of maybe two, the new exotics are all shit

season pass DLC are like side stories
next years $40 expansion pass will bring back the hive
the following years $40 expansion will have earth blow up or whatever like they originally planned

I was thinking on buying Destiny 2, I did played Destiny 1 thanks to a friend and never find it worth of all the money they asked back in the day but now Destiny 2 looks more polished and better, that's just my impression.

The thing is, lots of people who are hardcore fans of Destiny 1 told me to not spend money on this shit now and just wait for next year because Destiny 2 is nothing but an overpriced cashgrab DLC of D1, how much of that is true?

Need to clear out the infestation first before you can make the house look nice again.

Even if it woke up at the end of the campaign we're still the footsoldiers who go and shoot dangerous stuff so that the Traveler doesn't die again. Plus Savathun and whatshername are still out there and still major threats on the same level as Oryx.

The real question is what D3 is going to be about if everything goes well and humanity builds up again. Maybe it just turns into Halo and every Guardian will get to run around with an entourage of wisecracking Hispanic normal human marines.

>crucible really feels tacked on and lacking
that's funny
their main focus this time round seems like PvP

I got it

D3: The Traveler Leaves

More like Rumble is made more people that aren't shitters that rely on playing in a premade against randoms because they aren't worried about their individual skill and getting exposed.

I got a code for the "confluence of light emblem" from last weeks Gamescom, should I sell it now or wait 2 months?

You can give it to me

sell it right fucking now while the nerds are still willing to pay for stupid shit

>tfw can't get destiny for PS4 because poorfag right now from shitty circumstances
At least I can play on PC in two months...
I'll have to leave the general for six weeks starting tuesday, feels bad.

D3: Rasputin Has Had Enough Of Your Shit

If this is where the raid is set this looks fuckin baller. Who do you predict the bosses will be? (Aside from Ghaul)

So is there no option to uninstall the beta? It's still taking up 16 gigs, but the launcher claims it's not installed.

I already regret pre-ordering this game

that obviously isnt everything. it's lacking quests, some weapons, a strike, and whatever other bullshit pops into the game early on

You can uninstall it within the Control Panel.

I bet Gahul dies in the story and the raid boss is something else entirely

whatever man its going to be fun. the exotics have me really interested, they all seem worth trying out.

Looks like launch of D1 and I'm perfectly ok with that

Do you think Destiny 3 will be on the new gen of consoles only+PC?

They'll probably pull the usual "you killed the threat forever but not really" that they pulled with the black garden's heart/the vex, crota, oryx, and siva.

Destiny 1 has 18 missions if you take away the non story ones

Siva is the only one that we actually did wind up getting rid of except for the bits of it within Exodus black on Nessus, aren't all the splicers in the plaguelands with SIVA dead by now?

And still you filthy bunch of pajeets payed hundreds for a 4 hours campaing.

LMAO
M
A
O

but how? All those others have space magic, Ghaul is just an angry dude

I only spent $165

Well each of those have a story mission where the game tells you that you killed them forever, but then has a raid where the game goes "oh wait no they're alive and the boss."

An angry dude who stole space magic. And siva didn't have space magic.

Angry albino rhino meme

>Alpha Team will be back in less than a week to lead /dg/ into destiny 2 glory
feelsgoodman

What's Rasputin's deal, anyway? Is he on humanity's side, or is he a secret asshole? He kept the Traveler from abandoning humanity, but he also sicced SIVA on the Iron Lords.

PS4 and XBOne will be the PS3 and Xbox 360 equivalent during D1 for D3.

>Any recommendations for other FPS games on PC to practice movement for D2? I just downloaded Doom, which is pretty fun and is giving me some practice with aim, but the movement is pretty limited as there's pretty much no vertical play, and you can't exactly sprint/slide either.

fuck i hate you so much, fucking pcmr faggot cunt.

nevermind, i don't mind leaving the general for 6 weeks now.

Not a problem if you have sustainable income and aren't living in a cardboard box

Was this english? What did he mean by this?

>Putting a little effort in
>Game becomes 20% pvp and 80% pve
>Guys they don't give a fuck about muh raids anymore

>Spending $165 on a game that's worth less than 60 bucks

60 base
35 expansion pass
40 taken king expansion
30 rise of iron expansion

Is the game based on a specific key, or does it run off the disc? Just wondering if I can sell the PS4 disc to someone once PC comes out.

>Bring back the insurmountable Skullfort and Feedback Fence and don't change their perks.
>Leave out Ruin Wings and Saint-14
What did Bungie mean by this?

I find it kind of refreshing that we're just fighting a militaristic race of rhino monsters this time around. I was getting tired of all the mystical space Sauron shit, and I always kind of considered Siva to be a non-presence.

>being rich enough to spend $165 on games with no remorse

Poorfags need not apply

And Memelands 2 was even cheaper with a much better single player campaing and better multiplayer. Hell, even Warframe which is a fucking F2P is better.

You're nothing but a delusional goy who got scammed by Activision and Bungie.

>there are actually people who bought a Pro instead of buying a graphics card for a computer

>story missions are now the only content

do you manually breathe, too?

I think him fucking over the Traveler is just a theory. His job is saving as much of humanity that he can, and he's come the conclusion that the way to most likely succeed at that is preserve tech and history rather than the humans themselves. If the SIVA survives it can eventually be adapted to flourish and then be programmed with humanity's culture and history, and essentially continue on for the weak meatbags that are almost certainly not gonna survive their multi-fronted war of attrition.

He's an example of the primary issue with AI--unless every minute divergence is accounted for in their programming, they can and will come up with ways of doing their job better that may not necessarily be better for us.You tell a robot to keep a room clean; well, it's a lot easier to keep a room clean if messy humans aren't always coming in, so it's gonna block the entrances.

>sweeper bot shirt
fine bungo, i'll buy a shirt

>zippy dragging everyone into overwatch
>noobish wasting his life on splatoon
they're not coming back

Why in the fucking fuck is there only 5 strikes at launch? What happened to this 4x content meme?

Except his directive is to keep humanity alive, so that's a dumb copout. Programmers being that dumb is just another kind of lazy writing.

ive spotted your lies

Having played all three, that is in no way the case,
bordermeme 2 with all dlc is above $100 and it was a chore to work through the story and try to enjoy it.
Warframe takes forever to even have a story but by that time you could really care less since half the planets have the same tileset and missions.

>4 hours campaing
>No story at all and everything is just on muh destinty page
>Multiplayer alewasy failed on the most fundamental things
>Every single mission is: go there, defend the waves, move there, defend the waves, then bullet sponge boss with no mechanics at all
>Loot System was always fucking dogshit since day one
>DLC's were better than the main story
>Overpriced expansion pack and DLC's
>Paying for this pile of dogshit

Looks like you're trying too hard to defend this trash.

>ONLY
>FIVE
>STRIKES

THEY DID IT AGAIN. THE FIRST GAME THEY MADE US THINK WE'D BE GOING TO THE ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM THEN CUT A BUNCH OF THE PLANETS

NOW THEY'RE TELLING YOU THIS IS THE BIGGEST GAME YET AND GIVING YOU L E S S

How many strikes were there for vanilla destiny?