Who makes the best AWD or 4WD?

Who makes the best AWD or 4WD?

Attached: white_album_2.jpg (900x601, 65K)

best for what?

Mitsu used to
Subie would be great if it wasnt made of glass and exploded on launches

>difference_between_airbus_and_boeing.jpg

And for your question, i've had nothing but good experiences with xDrive

Subaru is the best for everyday "gotta get to work and the roads aren't plowed" AWD

Jeep Wrangler is the best stock off-road 4wd

Not sure if this is helpful but my Subaru (Impreza 2008) kicks ass in snow. My dads Benz on the other hand (with 4 matic) isn’t not as good... still pretty good though. Of course they’re two vastly different cars... but as far as awd goes Subaru does win

Attached: image.jpg (750x730, 482K)

>Transverse FWD-based AWD
>The best

top fucking kek, Mitsubishi was never "the best" at anything except not actually selling their """rally""" cars.

Any pickup with a proper transfer case is the best. You can keep it in rwd and rip mad skids then throw it into 4hi when shit gets rough.

Most other transverse awd systems are going to be fwd biased which is kinda bad or you go Subaru and get understeer and V8 truck tier fuel economy.

>awd
id say torche
>4wd
any decent suv or pickup

Those subaru vapemobiles have great AWD systems.
Also the A330 is doodoo trash compared to the 787.

Meme.

787 is autistic new garbage
also who said that wasn't an A300 :^)

Haldex

Because its a A330.
Hainans 787s entered service in 2014.
China Southern retired their A300-600s in 2011.
So yes its a A330.

Now this is shitposting.

There are three companies that make an awd/4wd worth a damn at a reasonable price.

Jeep, Audi, and Subaru. It is a steep drop off after those three. That said, most people won't notice a difference.

v1/v2 quattro

>all these people saying Subaru has the best AWD system
Subaru's are only good when they have a limited slip centre. They only become great when they have limited slip on all three diffs, aka only higher trim levels. base model Subaru's are terrible in terms of AWD

Mitsubishis AWD was great because of electronics. When a computer shuffles the torque around to the correct wheel you get the best traction. Audi's have always been good but not great because they use torsen diffs. Haldex Audi's with fwd bias aren't great. The R8 is awesome because of 70/30 rear bias, makes fast road driving super balanced while still allowing slip angles.

TL DR, anything with the right diffs will be better than open diffs in a good layout(Subaru), electronics make a huge difference also.

mitsu torque vectoring

For normal driving without snow/ice, Acura SH-AWD is pretty fucking sweet.

Torque vectoring to enhance control while going fast instead of getting you moving in snow or climbing rocks. You have to drive a car hard that has it. It’s fucking magical. But most people that have it drive like normies and don’t appreciate it. It is THE enthusiast system for sure

Just going to chime in and say that whatever AWD Ford used in the ‘08 Mercury Mountaineer is the tits. Despite it only being a v6, I’ve driven it over/through shit that even a 4.6-swapped ranger couldn’t clear.
Has yet to get stuck in snow up to about 3 feet deep, and has had no driveline failures despite having 120k miles and 20k of those have been me beating the piss out of it.
It’s a 40/60 rear-biased split, but that’s all I know for sure. Anybody want to link me to more info?

For snow, Subaru. Hands down. And I’m talking about the normie cars. Not the Sti.

Quattro is good too but Audi is busy cucking it to save mpg.

Funnily enough I'd put my vote down for the Montero/Shogun/Pajero with the 4M41