Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTD0MhX1-pM
youtube.com/watch?v=o1mlIAnxTws
youtube.com/watch?v=nn7as4eZgX4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873526344
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=vTD0MhX1-pM

Oh you're a real fucking comedian, ain'tcha OP?

First for blessed Avelorn, greatest of the kingdoms.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT RALLYING TO DARREN'S PATERON TO HELP HIM DEFEAT THE COMPANY BLEEDING US DRY!?

Haven't you heard? We're all shills, shit-eaters, and sheep here.

He got fucking 200 bucks in less than a week despite not having actually produced any content under his new brand yet aside from a drama stream.

have an issue, heres a tissue

LOVE ETERNAL!

I might have donated to him, if it wasn't for that. What a cunt. Glad he whimpered back to CA begging for forgiveness.

>

reposting because I need an answer

>Tfw these Attila mechanics
holy fuck this is going to take a loooong time to get used to, what's a good faction to start with?

best beginner factions are the small settled barbars, like the franks or the saxons

any mechanics in particular hammering your anvil?

sissynids have the easiest campaign

alot of the campaign mechanics mainly, alot of it seems like busywork, I will probably pick up most of it as I play, but I have absolutely no idea how to start out, battles are straightforward enough.

Best beginner faction is Western Roman Empire. You might as well start on very hard difficulty, because its a breeze otherwise. You're surrounded by friendly factions, you have an amazing economy from the get go and barely any unrest. Western rome is what you start as if you want a good run of the game without any difficulty!

I didn't really have a problem with the stream until he started going through the credits and shitting out baseless speculation about the salaries of his former coworkers.
Utterly classless.

Rock the boat!

>play as we
>poopees always spawn in estalia
>have to station army there to intercept them
Why the hell not in random places?

I tried, and I was couldn't figure out shit as them, too much sand and too many sand people, unsure where to expand first. What's a good straightforward faction to start with so I can get the mechanics down. I generally hear Franks and Saxons
I kek'd user, but I ain't falling for that, I played BI

The Attila campaign mechanics are very basic.

If you're moving from Warhammer to Attila then the biggest adjustment you'll need to make is the 'tempo' of combat and the differences in the particulars of the battle AI.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1mlIAnxTws

Rats BTFO

I remember my WRE campaign in BI

> Disband expensive armies and demolish superfluous buildings
> Build trade posts, roads, and recruit cheap units to stabalize PO
> Vandals and Huns turn on each other and disintegrate
> Germania is a bastion of stability
> Nobody ever invades

>don't dab

Like I said it's mainly campaign mechanics, I'm rusty from Rome 2 but it looks like they added a shitton of new shit and I'm just fumbling around with it, what is this with abandoning settlements, farmland becoming unusable and shit like this? I figured sanitation is like Squalor from older games but a much bigger pain in the ass.

what a cunt.

the threads were filled with shills and drones...

the TW franchise was divided
from the autism of EB to the spearmanii spammers the historyfag empire stretched

sacred games where NEETs of greatness conquered
but those who followed neglected TW, fighting over the promise of future sales
they would either cast aside their simplified game mechanics or succumb to franchise fatigue

and behold a jew horse! and power was given to him that sat thereon to take features from the franchise

Anons of the /twg/ thread!
those noble NEETs of the eternal thread
the time had come to restore power to TW
they made ready for shitposting

Did he really go back to CA because that would be hilarious (and also amazing they didn't laugh in his face)

>Glad he whimpered back to CA begging for forgiveness.

He did?

Well you abandon the city, get a bunch of money for it and raze the region.

Careful that immigration in attila is a thing and whenever you abandon, sack or raze a region near your borders you get immigration public order penalties from the "refugees"

I remember in BI I just destroyed every building in a city, moved the garrison, let it rebel, then genocided the population

>Careful that immigration in attila is a thing and whenever you abandon, sack or raze a region near your borders you get immigration public order penalties from the "refugees"

True to life indeed.

>Glad he whimpered back to CA begging for forgiveness.

Elaborate

>vh/vh grimgor campaign in sfo
>turn3 have the option to confederate wurrzag, but i dont because army upkeep costs, etc.
>turn 1-150, constant brutal fighting against dwarves and random greenskins, random beastmen raids, etc, reduced down to only having black iron mine at around turn 70, but somehow claw back.
>fuck dwarves
>turn 150, wurrzag has the entire western badlands and is pushing against dwarves, finally. he takes 6 armies north into the mountains
>i only have the south eastern badlands
>decide ill push north against the dwarves with wurrzag, but have to kill rebels who stole black crag
>wurrzag vassalizes them, declaring war on me
>so i take the entire badlands and lower mountains while wurrzag is stuck in the north with his 6 armies getting raped by dwarves and chaos
>wurrzag left 2 armies south, which i destroy, one being a fullstack of black orcs
>i take dwarf lands
>wurrzag returns to the badlands, his 6 armies reduced to just himself and like 4 night goblin spearmen
>turn 200, force wurrzag to confederate, almost all of the dwarf lands conquered by me
the empire was totally gone, didnt even get to fight the empire once. brettonia was gone too. only saw like 3 vampire settlements and they were all being smashed by chaos. woodelves took over a bunch of empire ruins. i havent even fought chaos yet

I forgot that if you are a faction that can go horde (pretty much anyone but Romans and Persians) you can got horde by abandoning all regions manually or from the summary panel

4chin autismos (legitimately autistic) took his apology as a complete recant on everything he said instead of understanding the need for being professional and the opposite of Arch

Alright, but what's the best way to deal with sanitation? I hear that since it's like squalor it's practically impossible to deal with, but we can't genocide populations anymore

I really don't like how Chaos shits all over everything, it's meant to be a strategy game it doesn't need an "end boss".

Chaos should be what spawns once you've completed Short Campaign

Depends on faction, you get different sanitation buildings. But you generally plop some +sanitation building in one city in a province and call it a day. If upgrading a building would reduce you to 0 or worse, you never upgrade.

Anyone catch darrens last stream? have to use fucking mobile internet this week and got fuck all data to watch his stream feels bad

>I hear that since it's like squalor it's practically impossible to deal with

You heard wrong, you just build sanitation buildings.

Anyway it depends on the faction, Romans and Sassanid have an easy time dealing with it, that is if you don't go Christian with Rome.

>the opposite of Arch

youtube.com/watch?v=nn7as4eZgX4

This is just... I don't even know anymore.

>that is if you don't go Christian with Rome.
why?

Behead those who insult Mavia

every faction has a sanitation building chain that provides sanitation to counteract squalor (think of sanitation/squalor as their own form of +/- public order)

>linking a rightwing extremist
baka

He called himself a fucking idiot, that was pulling stuff out of his ass. Go away history faggot.

approx 38,880 minutes left

Quadroon's a lot of things, but rightwing ain't one of them.

the most common alternative to latin christianity as rome is graeco roman paganism, which gives sanitation as part of its religious trait

It's nice to have a strong enemy to fight in the mid and late game. Rome 2 didn't have anything comparable and each campaign became a boring exercise in painting the map after a while.

ah, which is easier in your opinion?

the problem is they're exceedingly boring, they're a hoard faction. So they just roam around sacking shit

You lose plumbing, concrete etc. things you need to make aqueducts and similar old roman tech.

You get a lot of public order and -corruption in exchange, but CA nerfed the shit out of corruption anyway with the last Attila patch to appease shitters who complained about WRE being hard.

Speaking of which, if you want to play the game like everyone here played it, here is a mod to restore vanilla corruption

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873526344

yeah it was pretty disappointing to finally get out of the badlands and see everything was already gone.

also turn 70, when i only had 1 settlement, scarsnik came out of fucking nowhere and attacked it but his shitty full stack of goblins just got raped by the garrison, twice. was pretty hilarious though, he wasnt even in the region, he like spawned out of a rebel faction or something and tried to end my campaign.

graeco roman is much easier in the start, since its churches cost food instead of money, and demolishing all of your latin buildings gives you a good amount of money to start fixing shit with. Bonus points if you are playing the ERE and use the funds to jump start your absurd interest trait

>Guy is completely honest on stream
>Next day recants everything because shills and CA's jew lawyers threatened him

Mmh...I wonder what should I believe, I'll go with the spontaneous outburst and not the carefully worded recant.

Yeah, if a rebel faction in a previously annexed/confederated region takes the city, it respawns that faction. I saw Artois reappear from Leonceur's gonads like that once.

Then they reconfederated anyway

>Sargoy of the third Reich

>Ummm...it costs five bucks per model.
>Call of Warhammer is better...
>Ummmm....dragons are the same as elephants.
Do better next time Darren.

Arch looks exactly like I thought he would, a beta lanklet Nord

Total War Finno-Korean Hyper War when?

Particulars of the battle AI.

Pretty sure the battle AI is the same, but TWW did some minor improvements in flanking/going after your skirmishers with cav.

Why would you lie to him like that? The campaign mechanics are polar opposites, Attila are the most complicated, Warhammer are the most casualized in the series

No idea why that guy is trying to mislead you, don't worry start at a lower difficulty the game is supposed to be a lot harder.

Please don't link that asshole here.

At least the retards in /pol/ have the balls to call themselves what they are, Sargon screams "I'M A LIBERAL GUYS!"

>Attila are the most complicated

It's all fucking baby tier shit.

"Most complicated" in a series that has always had EXTREMELY simple campaign mechanics is not the same as actually complicated.

Sanitation, fertility, food. All of it boils down to 4th grade math problems.

I don't think he is saying that wh is more complex

No matter what your opinion is it's not the same as Warhammer, stop trying to mislead people with your bullshit, it's all simple for GS standards, but warhammer is for fucking children with cerebral palsy.

He is by implying he only needs to get adjusted to battles, which is complete bullshit.

>Sargon talking about fucking total war

Jesus this is the worst timeline

What should i be doing with karl on his deathclaw in battle

He plays M2 a lot in his side channels.

>No matter what your opinion is it's not the same as Warhammer
Literally never said it was the same. I said it's all basic shit. Which it fucking is, there is nothing to "adjust" to unless you're incapable of doing math at the elementary school level.

>He is by implying he only needs to get adjusted to battles
Fucking lmao
>"I to spend all of 3 fucking minutes looking at the buildings for my faction and doing simple addition and subtraction to find the optimal city template and then spam that in every town I capture except my recruitment provinces. This is truly a mental task of herculean proportions!"
t. brainlet

If you've actually convinced yourself that Attila is a superior game to Warhammer because of the """complex""" campaign mechanics then you need to actually neck yourself.

Attila has actual, real advantages over Warhammer such as far superior siege battles.

>start a carcassonne grand campaign on hard after playing wood elf
>beastman herd wanders into my shit, go attack them with starting army because why not
>form up so that my spearmen units face their minotaur unit
>they come to us, we're ready
>we were born ready
>this is our day
>this is our purpose
>for the lady
>for bretonnia
>some random goat that for some fucking reason managed to start walking upright approaches our lines and drops a fart and then shits itself
>half my army starts routing
>they all rout, and after them goes the fay enchantress promising blowjobs to any man that stands and fights
>none of them do

i mean, is this supposed to be like this or did i do something wrong
should i recruit more units at the start of the campaign?

>kill enemy general
>kill enemy heroes
>assist where needed

why are you so upset?

>If you've actually convinced yourself that Attila is a superior game to Warhammer because of the """complex"""

Oh now I get it why you're blatantly lying to newcomers, you're a fucking fantasy baby yourself.

Well carry on.

This map might be interesting

The AI is going to shit the bed like every custom siege map.

Great atmosphere

G O B L I N S

classic Morrowind "obscure the distance with fog so we don't have to render anything"

>Explore the map with a unlocked camera
>go into the ground
>find a random detailed cave with no sky entrances and no playable area

wot. This part of the map has nothing to do with the actual siege.

>no banners/musicians
>no speeches aside from quest battles
>no 1v1 giant animations, they attack each other’s ankles instead
>no minor settlements
>no night battles
>no units pushing siege towers
>no reload animations for the majority of units
>no seasonal changes
>no agent cinematics
>no soundtrack by Jeff van Dyck
>no multiplayer avatar conquest from Shogun 2
>no burnable cities mechanic from Attila
>no siege escalation mechanic from Attila
>no random civilians running around during a siege feature from Attila
>no dynamic music feature from Attila
>no vomiting soldiers during battle when the army is struck with the plague feature from Attila
>no breathless and tired looking soldiers during battle when the army is fighting in forced-march stance feature from Attila
>no unique camp-site battle map while in encampment stance
>Karl Franz visually holding Ghal Maraz even though he hasn’t equipped it
>Archaon's helmet clipping still not fixed
>generals no longer gain visual upgrades as they rank up(i.e. viking generals in Attila would gain a gold trimmed helmet at rank 4 and a fully decked out gold helmet at rank 8)
>no dismount cavalry option during battle
>no shock cavalry using swords in melee
>no visual trade caravans or trade ships on the campaign map
>no roads
>n̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶l̶e̶s̶
>no naval battles
>no family trees
>no governors
>no BANNERS AND MUSICIANS

spooky

HELP

tfw no qt dreadlord gf

Nice map though

this

this place is moving so fast now what has happened to my comfy general, i can't keep up

I've been using it too, had made life quite interesting - definitely worth trying.

>Stra-THOT
haha shake your bum bum tree boy

Also post weird screenshots from your campaigns

God dammit

Peasants supposed to be your meatshield not sooperchoosen ctrl-a-win units. Thats being said they actually quite good, cost-effective if not amazing. Once you get +10 leadership from Chivalry +20% phys ressist and other shit they will become much better. Just remember that its a knight's job to do the killing while peasants purpose is to hold the line. At the start of the campaign get some archers and early RoR units they are quite good, farm orc rebellions with that.

Come here honey bunny, we'll cuddle wuddle and I'll run my fingers through your hair just the way you like.

Romantic fanfic about Queer, a dashing young high elf captain and their impossible, doomed love story WHEN?

user, i was just looking for a start point so i can get my bearings on the mechanics, the tutorial is absolutely useless and drags on far too long