Late model factory stock sleepers?

What does Veeky Forums think are modern sleepers?

>Has to be factory stock
>Must be a current model/generation car you could buy as new today

Pic maybe related (Fusion sport)

Attached: 75BAA495-4570-4728-9986-F91C6C3D7DA5.jpg (1024x738, 205K)

>Fusion sport

No, to be a sleeper you have to at least give the current C7 Corvette a run for its money. That means a sub-4 second 0-60 and sub 12 second quarter mile time.

Chevy SS
Taurus SHO
Volvo V/S40 Polestar
Charger 392 (if debadged)

>No, to be a sleeper you have to at least... a sub-4 second 0-60 and sub 12 second quarter mile time.

No it actually does not mean that.

the Ecoboost Lincoln equivalent to the Taurus SHO (MKZ?) is surprisingly fast, as is the SHO itself.

among mid-sized cars the top trim versions of the Kia Optima (274hp Turbo 4) and Toyota Camry (301hp V6) are surprisingly powerful but are limited by being FWD.

Debadged V series Cadillacs could fall under that category since most people still associate caddies with old people.

Taurus SHO
Do the chevy SS and Kia Stinger count?

"sleeper" is just a car that looks boring and slow but is actually pretty fast. thats literally the only thing that applies.

If you can't hold your own against the horde of sub $60k V8 American pony cars, its not a sleeper.

>Fusion sport
>5.2 second 0-60; 13.8 second quarter mile

That's not fast. That's literally Accord/Maxima/Camry territory

Fuck I forgot about the polestar. That twincharged i4 is probly strung out to its limits but I love the thought of it. It’s really the only attainable current production twincharged engine.

The Corvette isn't a normal car, it's an anomaly for how obscenely fast it is for its price. Terrible benchmark.

Debaged cars are still too easy to spot unfortunately, because they like adding body effects to make cars look more aggressive thwn their rental car spec bretheren

SS is borderline, the Fusion sport looks slow and boring until you realize its a Sport trim level. if you see an SS you KNOW its an SS, "car people" are the only ones that care about sleepers and they will always recognize an SS.

same goes for the Kia Stinger, it was designed to be a luxury performance sedan and even the plebs will think it looks fast. you could even have the opposite of a sleeper if you got a Stinger Base; everything things you have a fast car but its actually an Optima engine in a heavier chassis with RWD.

Okay, if you can't at least equal a 2011 5.0 Mustang, it's not a sleeper.

A 5 second 0-60 is extremely fast.

yeah most people might be taken in by the fact it is a Volvo

>2011 GT Mustang 0-60: 4.4 seconds

No, 5 seconds is not fast compared to current cars.

buy something interesting faggot. a fusion is boring car for boring people even with however much shitty hp it has.

5 second 0-60 is very fast

Wow kid, learn to read before you post. Stock... Sleepers...

Jaguar XE S

You're really unintelligent.

Audi S6 if debadged

a 5 second 0-60 will blow the doors off of like 80% of cars on the road. i'd call that pretty brisk.

V10 audi S6.
supercharged jag xf
mercedes e550/amg

buying new is for cucks.

t. flyover state where most of the cars on the road are from the last millenium

If youre dawdling at the light and the guy next to you is ready to hammer it, a car with a 0-60 of even 6 seconds can get the jump on your 4.4 sec to 60 GT through the intersection and grab the lane in front of you if youre competing for a merge.

>you can beat a car in a race if the other driver doesn't bother to race you

Neat

Attached: 359pfa7xl0l01.jpg (538x510, 49K)

>S6
>Jag
>AMG

What world would those be considered sleepers.

Check'd

user has a point, you can lose a half a second or more just from reaction, in which case a "slow" car that gets to 60 in 5 seconds beats the car that can do it deep into the 4s.

And you will feel the same butthurt regardless, because your torquey Mustang GT didnt drive itself to some magazine spec

Because they don't look much different than their lesser-engined brethren.

i have a hard time considering luxury cars to be sleepers.

VW Phaeton V12 would be a better choice.

sorry but in what universe is your city streets filled with anything but almost entirely accords, camrys, f150s, elantras, rav4s, sportages, etc?

Welcome to Miami

Attached: miami.jpg (1276x750, 76K)

>living in a swampy spic-infested hellhole
i guess there has to be a perk somewhere

Floridafag here, can confirm this.

It's nothing to see those cars out and about, if it's been in a video game someone in Miami is driving one right now on Ocean Dr.

Those are not that quick anymore compared to new cars.
Even the Volvo V60 T6 will do 0-62mph in 4.8 seconds

Attached: V60.jpg (1200x675, 64K)

Thank God for the opioid epidemic killing all you flyovers.

Attached: miami beach.jpg (1600x1000, 2.6M)

sorry vato, but only vapid homos and coke dealers give a shit about your ciudad

i've driven the same engine in the xc90. its laggy unless you put it in dynamic mode and it's characterless.

Do us a favor and overdose

Attached: fent.jpg (1280x720, 253K)

I would think or guess that there has been some refinements in fours years when the platform first launched. Also the T6 version is almost a second quicker to 0-62mph than the XC90 T8 and there is T8 version of V60 also coming too, but not any official performance data yet.

do us a favor and drown, cabron

I drove a 2018 for a week

Where did you get that V60 already? It waa launched just couple of weeks ago.

We can't buy it yet, but I'm thinking the new Mazda HCCI will be pretty peppy.

every time somebody says "flyover" i automatically assume they live in a 3rd world city

haha im aussie :^)

>t. Brisbane

I really like the look of that car but I cannot get over that interior. It just looks super dated to me.

Ecoboost Ford Flex
Ecoboost Ford Explorer

i know you all hate it but this.
0-60 in 5.5-6 seconds
283 hp
260 lb torque

Attached: 2014-Dodge-Avenger-front-three-quarters-view.jpg (2048x1365, 653K)

thats the dumbest bar u could have ever made.. this is why youre a pleb on Veeky Forums and not working for some auto journalism department

Everything outside of Citroën MPVs looks so fucking angry these days that the very notion of sleeper feels void.

This thing.

Attached: Kia_k900_quoriss.jpg (600x400, 55K)

>attainable
aren't they all sold out (at pretty high prices too?)