Confess, Veeky Forums. Lay your sins on the altar of automotion

Confess, Veeky Forums. Lay your sins on the altar of automotion

Attached: BC48E11D-9039-480F-B90A-68BFF283D3F4.png (1229x1160, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article137594638.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't have a car.

Attached: 78ee2a3fac1d2da3f302cf72a6422a80.jpg (640x391, 98K)

I like the Ford Focus

Attached: 999589999947388572406341.jpg (846x1024, 59K)

I don't like driving and cars enough to defend them unconditionally in the face of their downsides.

Attached: 1387495767346.jpg (465x620, 123K)

I drive a car with an automatic transmission, have access to a car with a manual transmission, but don't drive it more often than I should because i dont know if im gud enough to drive in daytime city traffic

Attached: 1503681231496.jpg (459x464, 24K)

I have a license but absolutely no reason to buy a car

Attached: 1519888166037.png (387x384, 137K)

My first car was a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I got it (parents bought it for me in high school) because it looked cool.

Forgive me

Attached: 1510496201329.jpg (600x620, 130K)

I'm actually seriously considering selling my car, and then, if at all, only getting a weekend classic.

I drive a WRX
[spoiler]automatic[/spoiler]

>feel the need for speed
>get my motorcycle endorsement
>buy a ninja from a friend as a starter bike
>literally driving to the DMV to have the title transferred
>see a Goldwing (I think) stopped at a traffic light right up at the front of the row
>minivan comes up to the light behind him
>guess it didn't see the cyclist and plows into him
>send him into the intersection where he gets hit by a Juke going at least 50 mph
>call 911, but leave because the guy is clearly dead
>motorcycle has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for the 6 weeks since
>friend who sold it to me keeps asking me to go on a bike ride with him
>keep making excuses

I think I'm going to sell it. I should have known better to even think about driving a motorcycle in Florida

I unironically believe the 280ZX is a better car than the 240Z

Attached: C6CC3475-4EEE-4EA6-9C47-CB4D5D9393B5.jpg (640x718, 65K)

There's something wrong with my engine and I don't think I know enough to fix it. But if I can't fix it, it won't go anywhere, so I have to fix it myself. Paying for a towing would be too embarrassing.

I enjoy the BDM ricing scene

Attached: 1ec4ddab2c3c51a4a5f6c5bf12749782.jpg (736x414, 72K)

I drive a automatic '01 Corolla because of its fuel efficiency and low maintenance. It is even a CE model with crank up windows and manual locks.

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1600x1200, 723K)

you is based

I have two cars, one of which is in significantly worse shape, but which was my dad's car before he died. I don't need both, but I can't come to terms with selling one of the last connections I have to him.

Attached: neill.jpg (555x475, 103K)

Why not take it to the freeway or a backroad or something

user, don’t say things like this. I’m motorcycling down to Florida to ride with friends this summer.

I have no idea what to get as a replacement vehicle.
At first I was thinking of a crown vic/grand marquis or a zx3 focus but recently I've been leaning towards a truck.
I could use the usefulness of a truckbed and I don't care about mpgs.
Still pretty indecisive.
Ford Ranger, 9th gen F150 or a 3rd gen C10.

Attached: 658.jpg (1080x1349, 106K)

The answer is obvious.
Crown vic/Grand marquis with the rear cabin chopped back to the trunk and the trunk removed, with a slight lift and larger tires.
Maybe some side exit exhaust for good measure.

This. I was so hyped for driving license in teens, now I'm just like: yeah, whatever, bus pass will do it just fine. It's not THAT worth putting bazillion shekels just to "drive" "somewhere". I too, think, of buying expensive landbarge just for weekend lulz.

How is this a sin? Or? I don't get it. That's not purpose of this thread.

I'm shit at rev matching and couldn't heel toe to save my life

My daily ride is German, has a turbocharged 6 cylinder engine mounted behind the rear axle powering the rear wheels, and isn't a Porsche.

>i dont take care of my car enough
>im not digging into automotive stuff at all
>want to just have "cool" looking car
>tfw get interested more by how to polish than how to wrench anything
>have no motivation to learn something about car
>want car just to look at it
>pick cars solely only by the looks, because its the only thing that matters
>my dad bought me car, i drive it, but he fixes it all the time
>think that when i get my own car will do wrenching by myself
>actually i think im telling lies to myself and just let it rot anyway someday
mixed bag of feelings

>pic related
because i think will be that person, who thinks "YEAH, IM SO INTO CARS. IM A CAR GUY. E N T H U S I A S T MUHSELF. YEAH.", buys some ricemobile and let it die on it self

Attached: 200sx turbo.jpg (1920x2304, 1.82M)

When it comes to Veeky Forums and its autism toward manuals and small cars not named rx7, civic, Impreza, MR2, or Fiero, Yes it is a sin

My girlfriends car is faster than mine

But not for long

I love Alfa Romeos based on their looks, even though I know they're hideously unreliable and depreciate at terminal velocity.

I never learned how to drive stick.

I don't even have somewhere to drive to. Where the hell do people "cruise" to all the time? Just going in circles or back and forth or something?

I put too much oil in my car after the last oil change

Attached: B0F98F6E-2D84-452F-A380-40AA2461B1D7.jpg (900x1273, 808K)

My bad, by "somewhere", I meant to drive from A to B. Doing necessary stuff like going shopping, drive to work, meet your friends, go on vacation etc.

Now if we talkin' about "cruising". To be real - neither do I know where they go for cruising. If you're in America, yeah, it's quite real as they have wide, long stretch of roads that most of the time empty, especially at night. I've tried cruising down in my country and I literally got bored after 5 minutes. Of course, if I had gf by my side, I'd probably enjoy a ride. But other than that its pretty boring. Its a joy to roll with synthwave turned on, but eh, I can just listen to it at home, not wasting money on fuel.
>Just going in circles or back and forth or something?
I've tried going in circles - booooring.
Cruise is only good with buddies. Chit chat, rolling pull/starts, enjoy a good company, get some soda drinks (coffee), take snacks with yourself, take photos, film with camera etc.

What other idea I've come up with and also did with my buddy in one car - is driving at night aimlessly. Then find some car driving and follow it. Not too close, not too far, just have it in your sight and keep following. Do not show signs that might indicate your actions as suspicious, for example: dont flash high beams, dont put hazards etc. Its kinda fun and interesting to follow them, felt like in video game GTA, where you follow AIs. There was this Focus that we followed - apparently girl drove it, after few mins that Focus started driving way faster than it shouldve been and in 2nd lane too (that's inappropriate in our country, if 1st lane, aka right is free). Its a huge waste of fuel and might potentially attract cops, but hey, its not America, so its not harsh with cops here.

Attached: tumblr_n397fkX8me1t07999o1_500.gif (500x213, 994K)

I obey some of the traffic laws because I don’t want to get caught.

This guy knows whats up

>miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article137594638.html
>Florida ranks No. 1 when it comes to motorcycle deaths

I drive a 90s minivan and I unironically love it, and have liked all sorts of minivans since I was a kid

Would a shaker scoop be too much? If I swap a 350 into the panther

>went to buy a v8 camaro
>accidentally bought a v6

Attached: 1492208647777.jpg (591x734, 48K)

How?

Attached: 1520543684430.png (402x413, 188K)

it sounded like a v8

fuck, now I want to Mad Max a clapped out panther body
Not at all. At that point you're going all out, might as well go a little further

>not checking under the hood
One job, Itsuki

I went from a manual to an auto

my s2000's front right wheel bearing makes a terrible sound when driving but I'm too lazy to replace it

I just turn the eurobeat up to mask the sound

i did

Attached: 1482915074962.jpg (540x296, 13K)

I can't believe it

Attached: 1352011980442.jpg (313x286, 17K)

imagine how I felt when I got home and saw the 3800 series 2 stamp

Attached: 1373670950483.png (250x228, 98K)

I don't suppose you can ask for a refund?

Attached: image.png (546x251, 198K)

it was a craigslist buy, first car purchase. they ignored me when I texted them that night, and ignored me further when I went to smog it and found it they lied about that, too

Attached: 1514799247936.jpg (640x640, 96K)

>he got burned on babby's first purchase
That's rough, user. But now you'll never forget to check everything and check it again before handing over the cash.

Attached: 1383182401893.jpg (699x650, 43K)

yup, haste makes waste.
>tfw pops the car guy was there the whole time when I checked it out and handed over the cash
got trolled hard

Attached: 1506742079059.jpg (579x633, 78K)

i dont have a car or a license because it's unironically better to take public transit to my places of business in 99% of cases

i own a ford focus

Attached: 1509823256544.jpg (1014x1024, 60K)

Sometimes I tear apart my car in order to install an aftermarket part, only to become afraid of royally fucking something up, so I put it back together without really doing anything.

I have performed this ritual multiple times.

I love Ford and most of its cars

You're not alone user, same here. I use it for pizza deliveries

My car is supposed to be getting at least 420 km to the tank in the city and I get about 400 on the highway if I drive calmly. I'm about 30 000 km over the valve adjustment interval and auto transmission flush which might help but I'm worried of doing something wrong.

I'm also an apprentice who has completed all of my schooling but barely have done more than replacing brakes and an alternator.

Attached: 20180226_175653.jpg (4032x3024, 3.46M)

I fucking love the rx8, I had one before with loads of issues, I want one back nor that I'm in good financial standing

itsuki pls go

Don't come to Florida with a motorcycle. Death by senior citizen or uninsured illegal awaits

i want a new car even though there's nothing wrong with my car and i really like it

please don't tell her

>the rust patch

Attached: deebgoncern.jpg (587x587, 55K)

I wired the ignition of my Honda with wire that isn't thick enough

I didn’t know where on the dipstick the oil was sopposed to be so I poured 1/4 of a quart in, but then found out online that I overfilled and it was where it was sopposed to be originally. I think my engine is going to blow every time I push it. I’m too scared to change it.

Attached: 500386C7-FACC-4B15-B31E-8FB374A05C6A.png (746x512, 105K)

I prefer an automatic.

i had one of the good IS300s (first gen, was a 2005) but crashed it after 6 weeks

I bought a 6.4 powerstroke with 140k miles. At least it was for 4k.

Get out

Did you not know that the V8's only barely fit in the engine bay?
Did you not know that All V8 Camaros (I assume this is a 4th gen, though some dumb son of a bitch here might actually go for a 305 third gen) will have Z28 or SS badging and will have Z28 as an option code on the door?
Did you not do any research?

The 2019 Shelby GT500 looks awesome, and I really want it.

I once jacked up my car on its oil pan.

I drive a Camry.

It's unbelievably comfortable and allows me to wallow in my unending depression without stress over reliability issues like my previous cars.

Attached: 1515208945510.jpg (208x243, 10K)

what year? how much did you get it for fren. i want to be u.

I drive an automatic and I'm okay with base model cars

I wish I had stuck to my guns and got the Honda Insight I wanted, and not the Civic. I drive for Lyft and the fuel savings would have been incredible.

I kinda like SUVs...

This but with a Honda Accord, it's a comfy feel.

Attached: 1518613373303.jpg (800x600, 68K)

I don't believe cars have souls. Every single one them was designed to be driven and should be until it is in a state where the cost of repairs outweigh buying something else

Attached: 1510545319632.png (645x729, 70K)

>even though I know they're hideously unreliable and depreciate at terminal velocity

How do you know? Have you actually -owned- one? I've read that the brand had issues in the early 2000's and especially the 90's, but the models 159 and onwards are great. The 159 got good reviews when it first came out. My 159 is 8 years old and no major issues so far.

Point is if you like something do your research,see for yourself and don't always listen to memes. People often claim to know everything and that's what kept me from buying the car at first

I know someone at work who owns a Alfa GT V6. He loved it until it got a vibration problem, and after 5 mechanics he still hasn't been able to fix it. It's so bad apparently that it ruins the entire car and he's considering selling it for something else. That's to say nothing of Fiat-Chrysler and their infamous customer non-service.

Jokes on me though, because despite that I'm seriously considering buying a Giulietta Veloce, against my better judgement. I love the looks and I know the drive will be probably great, but even I can admit there's no logical reason to buy an Alfa (Golf GTi holds its value much higher, for example).

To clarify, it was a 2008 3.2 V6, not the older GTV6.

Attached: Alfa_GT_20090801_front.jpg (2560x1611, 1.63M)

I bought a car purely for performance and weight in comparison to the cars my friends drove because I didn't want to feel inadequate. I wish I just got the Accord Euro instead.

I can’t figure out how to go from 1 to 2 without losing speed and getting overtaken by auto landbarges

Your car will thank you for it, just take the following gears higher and slingshot straight past them.

I purchased an automatic vehicle despite having the ability to drive a manual transmission.

I ate in my car before

I'm rich but I have purchased cheap enthusiast cars just to see what they are like.

used ones like 3k$ Miatas and crxs

when people try to over take me i speed up while they're on the wrong side of the road

i got in a car accident late at night in the country. i floored it and lost control of the car and drove it into a ditch. i blamed it on a deer and my father never found out.

>mfw on a liter peter sport bike

Attached: Speedy-sylvester1.jpg (585x425, 67K)

My car has been standing in the lot for 2 months

I broke the speed limit by a lot yesterday. It felt good.

>mfw swerve into you

Attached: 111.jpg (261x210, 9K)

I like big Korean V8 sedans.

They feel like the only non-expensive proper comfy land barges still on the market. The only similar vehicle I can think of would be a Chrysler 300, but they're neither as comfortable nor as nice looking.

Attached: Kia_K900_V8.png (530x295, 421K)

it would have to be premeditated murder

Attached: 4897587-9468736889-29520.jpg (1440x670, 841K)

If you're too stupid to change oil go to the dealer and pay whatever they charge you.

Better than a dead engine

That sounds bad, although any car can get a major problem at some point. My mom has a 2007 VW which are known to be reliable but still it has had major brake issues and check engine light regularly.

I've heard good things of the newest Alfas (Mito, Giulietta, Giulia) but make sure to do your research and check the history and the car thoroughly before buying, like with any car.

Also it's a shame that even though the Giulia looks nice, I expected it to look better and more distinct like 159

At least the car isn't as "angery" as the others

2013 V6. I bought it in 2016 with 29K miles for $18K. Obviously worth a lot less now. Also you can save a lot if you don't want the power, but I promise having that little bit of life giving thrill on tap is well worth the premium.