>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/frontierDefense
syampuuh.github.io/mods (now updated!)

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>Titanfall Assault Guild
Just search for tfg. Look for the Apex patch.

>News
FNN 18: respawn.com/frontier-news-network-08-22-2017-postcards-from-the-frontier
Postcards from the Frontier patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/14073/postcards-from-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kg8F-izC-Is
streamable.com/ip5oj
youtu.be/J2cl5j-veIQ
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/14073/postcards-from-the-frontier-the-patch-notes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

YOU ARE ALL SLOW

just mummy

Has drawfag made any progress on L-star-tan?

Rate my idea, /tfg/
>Archon Titan
>Primary - Arc Cannon
>You know what this is
>Ordnance
>Conductive Smoke Grenade
>Deploys a canister that spews smoke into the surrounding area, similar to Scorch
>When ignited by Arc weapons, the smoke basically acts as a big conduit for extending the range of Arc effects. So if an enemy is round a corner or further away than the cannon's reach, you can use the smoke as a sort of repeater, but then the smoke disappears
>Defensive - Arc Field - makes Archon immune or less affected by the stun effect of Arc Grenades, Energy Siphon etc
>Core - Tesla Cannon
>Arc Cannon turns into a beam weapon for a few seconds
dunno what utility could be

Threadly reminder that briggs is slow
youtube.com/watch?v=kg8F-izC-Is
streamable.com/ip5oj

Why can't you get XP in private FD games? It's PvAI and they even locked the settings. Can't I just have a nice comfy time playing solo/with my sister killing bots and still leveling?

In the first game you could actually just get your lobby sorted, lock it (or keep it open for MM) and then choose which map you wanted to play on and you'd either get matchmade into an existing lobby for that map (if you weren't locked) or just start a lobby on that map. It was especially good because there were map challenges so you could replay certain amaps to do specific stuff no idea why they changed it now

>tfw your ten year old cousin tries the gauntlet for the first time at still does better than briggs

>Titan-specific perks
>Chain Conductor: Successful Arc Cannon hits on Titans will chain (reduced) damage to other nearby Titans
>Supercharger: That perk in Titanfall 1 where the Arc Cannon couldn't be fired unless fully charged, but did more damage
>Current Reversal: Arc Cannon hits on shielded enemies will give whatever shield amount they currently have to you (Gives a slight counter to Monarch without being grossly OP)

Also as a slight commentary on the perks you already listed:
>Not having its ordinance be an Arc Mine that's single use

Good morning tfg

/deadgamegeneral/?

>Static Charge
>Walking around as Archon will build up a static charge that amps your melee and provides Core Meter
>Charged Smoke
>Replaces Conductive Smoke with a Conductive Electric Smoke grenade, capable of damaging enemies that walk in its effects before activation
Also yeah replace Conductive Smoke with Arc Traps/ Mines, and put Conductive Smoke as a tac ability.
>Place mine down
>place smoke on top
>enemy walks into smoke
>triple whammy of Arc Mine, smoke explosion and arc cannon
Horrific

No you can't, having fun or being comfy is not allowed in 2017

>tone banner and the shitty nessie meme banner
is that fucking game trying to humiliate me

I wish certain loadouts would enable a specific moveset to spot players better who use them.

>Stim + phase rewind + any star = the naruto running animation when stim is active
>Holopilot + holo pilot nova + electric smoke = some weird ass first person shadowjitsu hand gestures when its activated

All of this combined offers the sword core boost of phasing behind a titan during an execution and impaling him followed by some japanese subtitles at the bottom.

youtu.be/J2cl5j-veIQ

So was Postcards from the Frontier basically the last update?

yes
rip in piss titanfall
we didn't even get quad rocket laucher titan

I like the titan banners. I'd love to see more fan art submissions put into the game that way so I can have 'nam scorch on display.

Too bad the titan banners are the best ones, all other banners vary from being just plain bad to outright cringy shit like nessie anything

No official word but I feel like they would have made a bigger deal of it if it were. There's still emotes (assuming they're not scrapped), FD map support, a map in the subtitles file called Mendoko Canyon, a ton of weapon skins and some unused banners left in the files. Speaking which, updated spritesheets when?

Honestly I just want more schematics banners. The red mastiff schematics with Lastimosa Armory patch in the bottom looks really nice.

Did they ever buff hemlok or it's still turbo shit? its paywall warpaint looks nice

>Wanting your character to act like some sort of memeing sperg copying his favorite animu

I know we're on a Mongolian basket-weaving forum but holy shit this is some next level stupidity

Gross no. I like /a/ but ew.

re-45 more like REEEEE BUFF IT ALREADY-45

>tfw getting viper banner and ruling the sky in best girl

>worshipping an autist

how the FUCK do i get good with SMR?

point it at enemy
shoot until it dies
learn to lead

>late night/early morning NA titan fall
>nothing but aimbots and autistic no fun chinks

ded

It's still kinda shit. No reason to use it when Rx01s exist. Not that it's unusable though.

Get gud at leading and dakka at people, preferably while flying up to their faces.

>No reason to use it when Rx01s exist
Like just no reason or objectively inferior in any way possible?

>when you enjoy the way the volt handles but you can't help but feel like it fires blanks ninety percent of the time when compared to its other smg kin

It's inferior to the Rx01, that's what I meant. Its cyclic RoF is about the same but when you factor in the burst delay Rx01 is superior, I think they have a better long-range damage profile, and the recoil is piss-easy to control. Plus, you can actually hipfire people with Rx01s.
Shame really, I love burst-fire guns but Hemlok is not only awful but it also demands that you adopt a god-awful playstyle with it.

I really want TF3 to have

- no hitscan
- no phase shit
- no arc grenades
- no Tone or Monarch, no matter how balanced they are they always make up most of the player base because they're the simplest to play
- no fucking melee lunge jesus christ this is literally the worst melee system in an fps seriously

Archon isn't a good name for him. Call him Zeus or something.

>keep running into the same stack of stuttery pubstomping chinks

I am legitimately convinced that a bad connection gives a player an advantage in a rainbow six siege kind of way.

delet this

git gud

I would also like to add 'map design that isn't garbage' to that list. Launch era maps are universally shit and the rehashed maps are hit-and-miss. You can count the 'good' maps on the fingers of your one hand.

>no Tone or Monarch, no matter how balanved they are they always make up most of the player base becayse they're the simplest to play
They'll simply gravitate towards Ion or whatever other titan is the most effective and easiest to play. Perfect balance is impossible.

I agree with everything else though.

ded

if its dead then show me its body

Make me.

I really like Drydock and Boomtown from the launch maps (minus Boomtown's out of bounds trees), and would be happy to see either return in the future.

I'll have to disagree about Boomtown, it's definitely a map that was designed around CoD-style rooftop camping. You could argue it's not Crash Site at least, and yeah you'd be right, but it's still bad.
Drydock is pretty fucking good though. Maybe could use some slight revamps or something but it's definitely not a bad map.

I'll admit I'm a sucker for that colony/ prefab building aesthetic. I love it on Coloy, Relic, Township, UMA and I love it on Boomtown so that's probably just influencing my opinion.

*meme*

how do i improve my reflexes? i'm miserable with poor aim and reaction time in every game and practice isn't making perfect

At what point do Titans and Pilots get outmatched by Reapers? I mean if they were both the same size, two reapers would probably win against a Titan and the cost could be cheaper per unit, seems like IMC should be investing in them

It seems that TF2 reapers are optimized for the farming of infantry, as their testing facility would imply. Doing moderate damage to titans is most likely a happy side effect.

If you're over 24 years old then you've. It will all go down hill from there so learn to live with what you have.

Otherwise just keep on practicing. Lower your sensitivity, find a nice spot that has a lot of "targets" that you can shoot at and quickly jump between and just building up your muscle memory.

>Perfectly dodge an Archer missile
>It does a 180 and hits me anyways

>If you dodge early it'll curve around and hit you
>If you wait any longer to dodge the 20 tick rate kicks in and you take the hit anyway despite you clearly moving out of the way

>fire archer
>it misses
>see it turn 360 degrees and hit my target
>mfw

Roninbros help me pls. When do I sword block as ronin? Going around the map in general takes the piss without sprinting and whenever I'm in combat I'm either shooting, reloading or arc waving so I never get a chance to use it there. I just end up getting to engage maybe one or two titans before needing to eject, is this normal? I'm used to playing scorch and legion and tanking hits without changing titan the whole match so idk if this is normal for ronin play

when tone is about to hit you with missiles or legion powerbraps you while you cant dodge them, just use it to reduce stronger damage or when pilots are tickling you

Just got this game last night after I acquired hardware capable of playing it.

Have to say I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Feels very smooth on foot.

I can't fucking do this anymore. You're still gimping yourself if you dont use th CAR. Stim, grapple, and phase break the game. There's still aimbotters. The content we got for "free" was abysmal. Titan melee pushing Ronin's swordcore back is fucking retarded. Respawn only cares about microtransaction skins now. Frontier Defense is worse than it was in the first game.

I used to love this game but now I hate it so fucking much. Going fast doesnt cut it when the rest of the game is poorly balanced.

every time you're not moving over empty ground or attacking (this includes dashes and phase shifts, especially phase shifts)

>You're still gimping yourself if you dont use th CAR. Stim, grapple, and phase break the game.
Isn't that the fun of it? Outdo the shitters, user.

>There's still aimbotters.
Probably, but I haven't seen an aimbotter myself in months. They aren't very numerous.

>The content we got for "free" was abysmal.
Yeah, definitely.

>Respawn only cares about microtransaction skins now.
The actual development team is working on Titanfall 3.

>Frontier Defense is worse than it was in the first game.
Nah, they're both alright. Nothing amazing, but fun enough.

>The actual development team is working on Titanfall 3.

>I can't prove I'm right but I'll imply it

>first game sold bad
>second game did the same
>surely the'll make a new one

There is no "surely". It's a known fact from their hiring and internal comments.

I'm not that guy, but you have to go towards so many extra miles just to outperform some CAR shitter while all he needs to do is click furiously at your general direction. There's a certain satisfaction in outperforming the said shitter, true, but you have to constantly keep up that effort and that frustrates a lot of people (including me) while he needn't bother actually playing the video game at all.
Fuck if I know what Respawn is really working on right now but if they're working on a new TF, I hope to god they learned from all the retarded decisions they made during the development of TF2.

Probably an obvious question but hipfire of double take is supposed to be kinda shit since it's a sniper?

That is so, yeah. Longbow's hipfire is also pretty shit. Kraber's is pretty good, though.

the kraber's hipfire is the worst in its class, the DMR and Double Take both have marginally better spread

If you can't beat them, join them.
I derive most of my fun from completely destroying a redditard stimshitter stack with the R97 these days.

See

It's still no fun. I'm not saying "waah I deserve my kills with EPG, anyone can use CAR" but it's boring using the same 1-2 weapons.

>he doesn't choose a new weapon to use every game

trying to convince a friend to try the game out, anyone got some fast Webms?

slows need not apply

Hopefully he's smart enough to realize that these speeds are actually a bad thing :^)

ded

game

is

Not ded

this is my webm, refrain from shitposting with it
you're not really wrong though

if its dead then show me its body

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/14073/postcards-from-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

>e to rodeo on titan
You can rodeo a falling titan?

>Acquired a titanic crate in Assault
>Literally 24 hours to unlock
What the fuck is that MRVN doing to unlock it? Poking it?

>titanic crate
what

it's DA FUTURE
probably some electronic lock behind 32 million proxies sealed in an unobtanium case that is physically impossible to destroy without annihilating the contents within.

I am too slow.

I am on PC. Will using a gamepad/controller help?

I dont care if it's pleb or not I just want to not die constantly.

Good Morning, Pilot. Sleep well?

>I am too slow.
Git fast
>I am on PC. Will using a gamepad/controller help?
Is this bait
>I dont care if it's pleb or not I just want to not die constantly.
Then get R201, arc grenade and phase shift
Or play FD only, who the fuck needs normal MP now

Indeed, let's go kill some slows

Orbital Dakka is best strategy

Where do you get a Titan-sized Hawaiian shirt?

Are enemies in regular debuffed or double take actually damages reapers fine?

Goodwill

at the titan sized hawaiian shirt store

regular or below all enemies have reduced health. Reapers take damage from normal guns in multi, but I don't recommend it unless you like dumping 30 mags into something, grenadiers and the 'stiff being excluded.