Why are Maseratis so slow?

why are Maseratis so slow?

Attached: IMG_20180311_173200374.jpg (4320x2432, 3.33M)

they are grand tourers so respectably fast but not some 1000hp supwaaa lmao tier and comfy af

I mean he was going embarrassingly slow on Mt Hamilton in this pic

Because they're driven by men in their 60's

Pretty much this. Most of the high end cars on the road are driven by old rich men or their wives, who lack either the ability or desire to go fast. It's a shame.

Because maybe he was just out enjoying the day in his convertible Maserati. Not everyone has to act like a wannabe racer every time they come to a curve in the road

then he should've let me pass instead of being a faggot

i was out trying to have fun and clearly wanted to pass, signalled multiple times, and he decided he was just going to waste my time.

Why do people like you try to race every high end car? It's always a sub 10k shitty "sports car" that has something to prove to people enjoying a nice relaxing drive.

Your car must not be very fast either if you couldn't pass him on that corner lol.

thats why you have to win victory in the corners and pass him, kouhai.

i wasn't trying to race, i just wanted to go faster than 5-10mph in turns. he was going very very slow and wouldn't let me pass.

I did pass him when it was safe, but mt hamilton has a lot of sketchy corners and I didn't feel safe passing until I could see a few seconds ahead.

Because they're based on Dodge cars

how is the road condition in Mt hamilton? I hope its mostly smooth. I'm actually planning to take it from Patterson at the I-5 to San Jose for Fanime in a few months.

its not bad or anything, just narrow and twisty

>5-10mph in turns
he doesnt want to spin out his car that cost him a year's paycheck
cheap slow car going fast will always be superior to over compensating midlife crisis dweebs

Attached: 1444873333298.gif (400x313, 954K)

so why doesnt he realize that he wasted his money because he's never gonna actually use the car he bought

he is using it though
if its loud (which it is especially with the top down), feels like its pulling good g's on turns (which it probably does), and lets him dick wave to his coworkers that he has a maserati (which he certainly does) then to him he's getting his money's worth out of it

driving mt hamilton at a slower speed than a 5k mr-s is pretty pathetic though you gotta admit user

oh no I know. Just saying to put yourself in his shoes for a bit. These people are completely deluded, it's not the car its the sad driver.
Best thing to do desu is just park off to a side and wait him out if its not safe enough to overtake any time soon.

because they are owned by Ferrari.... they are not allowed to ne faster

>not buying a fast cheap car

Attached: vette4.jpg (1200x720, 233K)

If you step on the gas too hard you need another $6k clutch, not worth the risk

Attached: 20151124_164338.jpg (1400x1050, 688K)

a c4 would definitely be better, but a mr-s is probably faster on the touge

>I mean he was going embarrassingly slow on Mt Hamilton in this pic

Most mountain roads are like 45mph, why you speedin into a tree though?

That's not a Camero.

i didnt speed into a tree
he was taking corners at around 10mph

True.
And the reason there's some truth to the idea that you have to do the best (read: riskiest) things when you're young(er). It's not that you can't when you're older, but you probably won't want to.

Why didn't you just overtake him on a like corner the pic in the OP?

Fear, probbably.

ive had a few close calls with cars and especially bikes flying around those corners, even without trying to pass. I passed him a few turns later when I could see a bit further ahead