Is the mr-s a togue god machine?

Is the mr-s a togue god machine?

4-5k for a decent one and with good tires you can bully anything up to and possibly including S2000s

pic unrelated, rare offroad package

Attached: 17854655_10212742356703750_1590105653113650697_o.jpg (960x638, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NqaWng6-_dU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, buy a clean one while you still can.

W30 or W20

is this a question?

if it is the answer is ZZW30

I don't like convertibles that much. I prefer the SW20 and AW11 but take what you can get. The MRS is the most modern of the three and is nice enough to drive for long period of time.

Even without pop ups, it's still a happy car.

No its alright. Still slow as shit without tuning stuff and heavier cars keep up in turns if their decent. id say get it though its fun if you tune and such but dont expect to outrun anyone decent on togue

>4-5K for a good one
>9-12K in my town because the boomers are catching on

Attached: tumblr_p23jgqDUgV1sr5vsyo3_r1_540.gif (540x300, 2.96M)

its great with a hard top tbqh

> tune
> 1zz
you don't know what you're talking about

only mods that matter on a spyder are:
suspension, tires, brakes, and 2zz swap (or better motor)

I think they look pretty cool with a hard top, and I think in Japan you could get one with a hard top from the factory.

Kinda the other bummer is that the MRS has the least amount of trunk room of all 3 generations of the MR2

i think people say this a lot without realizing that you can actually fit a good amount of stuff in the cubby holes behind the seats.

it's about as big as the aw11 trunk.

mods then thats what i meant, just stock its not god hehe

still good enough to bully most cars on the touge stock

Are you retarded??
youtube.com/watch?v=NqaWng6-_dU
Watch how it destroys other meme machines that have been tuned and modified

did you respond to the wrong post?

i know it does
even stock it does pretty well

nah a turbo 1zz is better than a 2zz. 2zzs are underwhelming imo

2zzs can be turbo'd as well
but desu if you want more power might as well save up for a v6 or k20 swap

it did lose to the FD though because it didn't have enough power. Beating the 86 was expected.

sure but then you have to swap an engine and turbo it. has swapping a v6 been done in these cars?

yeah, theres at least a few 2GR swaps that have been done

Only if you stick a 2ZZ in it

You can say that about most lightweight cars with a low center of gravity

mhm thats why i said its not togue god.

for the price it is

>Is the mr-s a togue god machine?

No. It's good but it's a parts bin special with McPherson struts and no power. Sure, you can throw a couple grand into a 2zz swap, a few more grand getting it up to 200whp, a few more grand doing suspension mods, and a few more grand so it doesn't look like a hairdressers car, but by then you could've bought something much more refined and just as capable on the togue like an s2k or rx7 FD.

>t. MR-S owner

Attached: FPyttX0.jpg (640x360, 34K)

> no power
> can move

1zz is reliable but let's be honest Toyota was fucking high to put it in the MR-S thinking it was a good application. Why would they offer F/I engines with the previous generations but not the ZZW30? Most of the complaints about the MR-S would be nullified if Toyota had kept the 1zz in their econoboxes, but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

They really believed whoever told them sports cars enthusiasts prefer N/A

Poor sports cars enthusiasts who can barely afford new cars like N/A

Yep did a Veeky Forums cruise at Malibu awhile ago and was thinking...I am touge monster

Attached: 1516072044886.jpg (4320x2432, 3.16M)

I knew someone who had one, and when he finally had a supercharged 2zz in it, it became fun.

Before he did any work to it the only good thing about it was the fact it felt as low as it was to the ground

Good monkey Jeebus what a horrid waste of a beautiful car on that S2000. That owner should be fed to pigs alive.

2zz option would have been great but honestly the car is plenty fast to have fun with.

that's what it's for
previous gen was to rice out and pretend it was a racecar

Bullshit. (Current AW11 and former SW20 and Spyder owner.) The AW11 trunk is big enough to carry tons of stuff. The Spyder cubbies are tiny. If you go grocery shopping, I guarantee you're filling the passenger footwell and seat in a Spyder. With an AW11, you can put it all in the trunk.

i could fit everything in the cubbyholes if i wanted to

i fit two duffel bags and two backpacks with a passenger in the spyder without using the footwell. and that's without removing the spare tire

git gud fgt

It's pigfat
weights more than a 5 door subcompact
do the math

Yes, good tyres, new suspension and you will be punching up against old boxters and caymans.
It reks all but newest bimmers in a straight line and you will be outhandling and outbreaking it.
Plus its one of the cutest fucking cars ever made.

Focus on improving its weight and handling and plop in a 2zz once it blows and you have the underdog of the century.
w20 turbo if you want to race in straight line and care more about looks than driving,
w30 in every single other scenario even including straight line races.
You can get a hard top. I got it despite hating the soft top but i grew to love it.
Why would you lie on the internet.
Even in slight gentle twisties a e90 330 and e36 330 fall far far behind
On hard twisties sw20 turbo dissapears in the mirror

MRS has plenty of space to carry shit for 2 people going away for a week plus groceries to support that.

It has more practicality than you need desu

no, despite popular belief 1zz does not handle boost or extra power anywhere near as well as a 2zz.
2zz is the stronger one if you want to build an engine. Less effort and work required.
1zz is pretty much at the limit.

140hp for a sub ton midengined car with LSD from factory is plenty
You must be retarded to think it is in any shape or form slow

If you dont add retarded weight like a retarded ricerfag and actually focus on handling you realize 140hp is plenty since you dont lose speed in the corners

How about storage, which has the most? W20 or W30? Also isn't the 3S GE better than the 1zz in every way?

>i bought a shitty stacymobile instead of a midengined sportscar
>better be salty on the internet

US models didn't get the 6 speed LSD tranny and yes 140hp is measly if you don't live in bongistan.

That was a really good watch I’d never seen that series before.

>better shill for a car that's not even produced anymore
>should be lighter than gutted hatchback
>is not

so if you own a bimmer in us you drive a slow piece of shit that can barely accelerate out of the parking spot

Yes and if it's a diesel it may as well be standing still.

sw20 has a trunk which is basically an oven at the back of the car, frunk and some storage inside.
3sge is now about as reliable as 1zz.
If you pick a good example it will never cause you a problem with either engines.
Just like every single engine ever.

so just 2zz swap it and youll btfo ls1 fags who think horsepower and automatic is the only thing that matters in their 50 ton landbarges
Even with 1zz you can embarass most everyone if you find that one corner in the US

>pathedic soyboy with his 5 door cucked memean engineering that is called "Smart" but is sold to retards picking fights
fags like you are the reason americucks think anything above 660c is outlawed here