Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,
I'm a rare breed of /b/-tard, in that I actually have a life outside of shitposting. I have a 2007 Ford Focus with badly hazed headlights, and I was wondering if any of you knew what to do. Keep in mind: this car is an absolute BITCH to work on. To pull out the headlight assembly, I had to pull off the ENTIRE FUCKING BUMPER. And, of course, the headlight assembly is glued together from the factory. Pic related, it's my car.

Attached: 07-focus-1.jpg (400x204, 17K)

>/b/-tard
>2018
HOW

Reasons

go away

Fuck off idiot

toothpaste and baking soda sage

This willl make them nice for a bit.

Or else look up chris fix's headlight restoration video.
You need 3 types of sandpaper, wet sand it all back, reapply clear coat with a rattle can.

This, plus some clear coat spray.

>Hmm, someone desperate enough to ask for advice on Veeky Forums. I wonder, did he already try the most obvious way to fix this issue?
Yes, I did. I tried that

Fuck you and your shitbox F*rd

I expected no less from Veeky Forums

Youtube, Chrisfix

I've removed the headlight on a Focus before. You don't need to remove the front bumper to take off the light.
Just put the car on jackstands and remove the final bolt from underneath

>And, of course, the headlight assembly is glued together from the factory
Like it is on every other car.

Attached: 0c0545e42c3e6d95e722b3616ae653c74629f8fd138ccf238aca42f701ae33a8.jpg (370x500, 46K)

Might want to address this. I've heard that sandpaper can scratch up headlights, but I'll try it.

Well I'm a fucking idiot

use a good jack (not the one that comes with the spare tire. A good hydraulic jack). position the cup underneath the front subframe. Jack it up slowly.
When it's raised enough for you to get under, put (two) jack stands under the car, behind the front wheels on the frame rails to hold it in place.
Then undo the bolts.

Keep in mind cars are engineered to be serviceable by mechanics, who have access to lifts, so access from above and below is to be considered.

BTW, In my experience, the car with the easiest to remove headlight is the Saturn Ion. Pull out 2 small metal rods and it'll come free.

Attached: remove-the-pins-holding-the-headlight-on-Saturn-Ion-2003-2007.jpg (1715x969, 453K)

>Saturn Ion
Those things are stupid easy to work on. You can pretty much rebuild the entire engine without removing it from the car

Make sure to replace your blinker fluid, it has probably gone bad if they are hazed very badly

Like this?

Wetsanding, buffing. There's no quick fix.

Attached: tank-beforeafter.jpg (483x521, 164K)

That's why you're wetsanding it with very fine paper.
You shouldn't even need to take the headlight off, honestly.