First time here, but since I trust Veeky Forums for everything else I figure why not Veeky Forums too

>first time here, but since I trust Veeky Forums for everything else I figure why not Veeky Forums too

got hit by some sorority girls, got a settlement for it, bought this car you see in the picture, same color. I already bought this car so any dissing is futile.

This being the first car I've ever bought, I want to take pride in it and (insert phrase here, mod?) it

what are some cheap(er) quick mods I could/should do to this to begin with? Once I see the car starting to improve of course I'll get sucked into the hobby and be willing to spend a lot more, but I'd like to start slow you know?

I've already gotten the badging removed on the back because the "iM" looked stupid, and I got the windows limo tinted, except for the windshield which just has a strip. I ordered the OPT7 wheel well lighting kit, and the All-Fit universal lip kit to start with. what else should I do? I dont know shit about this hobby but I would like to.

TL;DR Toyota Corolla iM mods?

Attached: IMG_2814.jpg (3264x2448, 1.99M)

Leave it bone stock, it's an A to B economy car.

Don't bother trying to make it a performance car, it wont be one. Spend money making the interior as comfy/nice as you can

man I want to make it look cool foh

iM is the cool corolla. You did well. It’s a goober commuter car, but at least it’s quirky, looks good, is nimble, and is “slow car fast”. The other corolla models are fucking like sucking penalty boxes for people who consumer reports their choices, and then select based on minimum price of the acceptable options.

Basically a Honda Fit if it was actually fun and had less utility.

I think they are still built in Japan as well. That is always a plus considering how many subcompacts are built in mexico regardless of the parent company.

Im not trying to make it a performance car, Im still in physical therapy, driving fast doesnt appeal to me at all atm, I just want it to look awesome like all the modded cars I see

Then you should have bought something cool.
Please tell me it's a stick at least.

>Please tell me it's a stick at least.
you know it's not

If you do actually want to make your econobox into a relatively quick econobox, start with what connects your car to the road. A good set of performance summer tires and a set of good winter tires that you change with the seasons will make a world of a difference. From there, add a coilover kit, big brake kit, etc. Do all of these things before adding any more power with a turbo, because a stock suspension probably won't be able to handle it.

Attached: 1517258425422.jpg (800x800, 91K)

>Toyota Corolla iM mods?
beyond suspension and maybe brake upgrades, you won't find much. I wouldn't advise modifying anyways if you have the CVT automatic like I assume. Only mod if it's the 6 speed manual.

Ohhhh you want those types of mods. In that case, kill yourself. You'll look cooler hanging from a rope than you do now.

not sure where in my post I said I wanted to vrrooom vrooooom gotta go fast!!

I just want to make my car look cooler man, I think it looks pretty cool to begin with

Yeah you can’t make these fast.

Maybe you can use the old TRD supercharger, but those are low boost for the money you spend. Just work on the suspension and tires. Do high end summer tires on forged lightweight wheels like TE37, and put snow tires on your stock wheels (assuming you get a winter). Unsparing weight (meaning wheels) is more than the sum of the pounds removed. Do some poly bushings, and see how it is from there. Maybe the TRD shift kit. Just make it a more enjoyable ride. Any serious mods will never get you far before breaking shit or your wallet. And if you ever managed to get one of these to make serious HP reliably, you’d probably just end up with a car that is miserable to drive.

So this is why you should had just bought a used Lexus IS350 to start with you stupid faggot.

Attached: 95ED426B-71A8-4D70-8BE2-B5AF7D5B167D.jpg (1520x855, 529K)

should I not have used the word mod?
sorry for not knowing the right word/s

aesthetic modifications? I was under the impression that the car scene was half and half with performance and aesthetics

The """""""""""car scene"""""""""""" is all spics wanting to look cool so they plasti-dip their shitty scions and hondas. The car scene is about actually having fun driving and making your shitbox slightly faster than someone else's shitbox. You're the former, so drive your shitty econobox off a fucking cliff, faggot.

Some people get pissy using the word mod as it usually implies making performance modifications.

There are no aesthetic mods you can do beyond wheels. The aftermarket support isn't there yet.

I'm I think modifying a car to make it more fun to drive is good. Modifying it for looks is stupid.

Again. If it has the CVT transmission, don't bother. There isn't anything you can do to make that nightmare more fun. The CVT ruins it.

Here is the deal. Visual mods age like milk in most cases. Look at body mods from even a decade bac, or body kits from the 2000’s. Terrible.

Your best bets are OEM items. They are low key but look sharp, sometimes you can get body parts only seen on overseas versions of your car. (Don’t put foreign market model badges on your car like Vw fags do though).

Good tints always look good. Go ceramic and not dark enough to look like a nigger. Serious lightweight wheels look like te37’s make it look like you take your shit seriously. Upgraded brake rotors and calipers are good if you don’t overdo it as well. Slight lowering to fit your final wheel/tire choice looks good. But don’t slam the car or stance it. You’ll look like a retard. LED bulb replacements are ok but be careful to not get cheap shit or else you’ll look retarded.

Basically go slow and don’t overdo it. TRD has a catalog of parts at every dealer. The prices are intimidating compared to ricemart catalogs and eBay, but they keep you from looking like a fag with in a few years.

I don’t care what word you used. I understand your goal.

I don’t know about the objectives and ratios you have in mind. At the end of the day it’s your money and car. You asked for input, and got it. It’s worth exactly what it cost you. Aesthetics are important to me, but I appreciate subtlety even on quirky econoboxes like the iM, in the same way that an old focus SVt, old maxdaspeed protoge, E46 M3, R36 Golf,or even a JCW cooper looks “right” even years and years later.

>I want to take pride in it and (insert phrase here, mod?) it

No, not mod. You mean you want to do your own maintenance. Buy a Haynes manual and start doing your own oil changes among other things. Besides, its more fun then sticking lights under your car and running wires and shit.

I figured since this is a fucking anime website at least half of you would be into aesthetics but you all just gotta go fast

Post some pics of what you want it to sorta look like

im sorry user i miss the days when rice was 70% aesthetics

Im just talking about like, tires, rims, body kit, spoiler, lowering, lighting, etc. kind of mods

I remember making this thread 11 years ago when I got my first car, an '07 solara.

Fucking lmao.

Just leave it stock OP. maybe new wheels, go to /osg/ and slap on some weaboo stickers.

Sounds like you know what you want. Of you think it's cool, buy it. People might hate but eh fuck it it's your car not theirs. Just be ready to be called a ricer

Dude, it's a new car in a colour other than silver or grey. You're already ahead than a fair few in looks. Keep it washed well, every week, keep the paint clean and shiny, keep the car looking like it's showroom fresh.

It's a Corolla, "aesthetic mods" will just looked hacked on, go for a clean style. After that, good performance tires. That'll help a lot with road feel, and having "goodyear sport" on your tires looks better than "chinese econo-tire type 3" if anyone cares to check. Brakes will make some difference, get good quality pads and rotors.

Maybe get some weeb-tier stickers so people from Veeky Forums can recognise you IRL and either know to avoid you or creep hard on you if you're hot/a trap.

If it didn’t have acceptable aesthetics to start, you don’t have much room to grow.

I already told you what to do but you are trolling us to either tell you to rice it out like it’s 2004 or to turn it into a giant pikachu.

Trolling this fucking hard

Attached: A1B029AD-2FCE-40D1-B06F-DC8057DE148B.gif (720x404, 1.96M)

The Corolla IM isn't a bad car. The two easiest mods for it that will get you the most enjoyment are as follows:
1) Get new tires, the stock tires are shit. IA new set of tires will be the best investment in enjoyment.
2) Swap the audio system for an aftermarket one. The dash is a straight up double-din so you can put an android auto compatible head unit in easily.
3) Adjust the clutch engagement point, if manual.

And actually, that's it. You really shouldn't do anything else to this car. Just wash it and keep it well maintained. This car will last forever. That 1.8L engine is boring but it will not die.

Don't bother with anything outside wheels and tyres, especially if it's auto.

Maybe a lower it a couple inches with springs and matched shocks but that's it.

It's a Corolla, it's always gonna look tacky and tryhard as fuck.

so i literally just bought the same car yesterday. there isn't much aftermarket available yet. leave it stock for a couple of years and then get performance upgrades and kits later when there is more of them

as far as looking cool, i think it looks fine how it is. its 2018 model so there's nothing dated about it or anything. it essentially has a body kit from the factory.

I'd say get stickers and new rims/tires

You know it will look dated in 5 months when the new one comes out right?

just go to /osg/, you'll fit in PERFECTLY there

Ahh so it's a bait thread you want then?

I was born in the bait. Molded by it.

Yo boi. What you want is to drop it, slap some lights underneath and slap some mad spinners on it. Next you want to slap a big spoiler from a STI on it. Next you want to re-work the horn so that instead of a honk it yells "I'm a giant twat!"