Why are these stupid LED bars becoming popular?

Why are these stupid LED bars becoming popular?

Whatever happened to HID racks on rollcages and Shit? That was a way cooler look.

Attached: downloadfile-12.jpg (670x503, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tbqk60di6Jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LED bars are cheap as fuck and bright as fuck.
I hate them as well, but price per dollar they are impossible to beat.
The days of KC daylighters are over I'm afraid.
I mean for $25 on ebay I added a sun to the rollover bar of my tractor.

Attached: 1210171810.jpg (4160x2340, 2.91M)

hate faggots who uses these on highways

Low profile, Low power consumption, Cheap if you get chinese knockoffs.

Are people in your country too retarded to wire these properly so the relay is switched by your highbeam?

Most light bars come with their own toggle switch or people wire them up into their upfitter switches.

It's America. Every nigger with a 12 year loan on a used f150 and financed rims will do anything to be more obnoxious, and that includes using these shitty lights 24/7

Low power consumption, small footprint, high output - what's not to like other than fucktards leaving them on coming towards you.

post link

i want one for my galloper

>what's not to like
No throw, lots of glare, giant bright patch close-in which blinds you to things further out.

I also hate hitting deer, moose, and other wildlife that can fuck up a vehicle.
my inanimate object > your poh fee fees

Attached: 28821814_10208590212553189_706166111_o.jpg (3264x1836, 182K)

i have a surefire hellfighter complete with handmade fuckhueg lithium powerpack, specifically for seriously blinding people like you

They're fucking stupid. They make you overly visible, especially at night. You can't gauge distances when they're directed right into your fucking retinas and for what, the owner of them doesn't get any better visibility.

Just look on ebay for a 2 footer.

Attached: IMG_20170319_183832071_HDR.jpg (4320x2432, 3M)

Did you enjoy paying 4 grand for a stupid light do you could blind other motorists who will then crash into you and sue the fucking fuck out of you for it?

The really good light bars are way more durable than shitty halogens and outperform them with decent optics.
The problem is that it's really difficult to make a bad halogen beam shape by just making it so cheap to manufacture.
Shit light bars on the other hand, are often so bad that it's a fucking joke.

So it's more of a fight between really good ones, like a Rigid light bar, or a PIAA light pod.
But for shitty Chinesium, I can't really explain why people buy led. I guess they're slightly easier to install.

your 97-98 f150 is worth less than a deers life 2bh
don't you have to a trip to orbit to find your missing spark plugs??

Attached: ac-flying-plug.jpg (450x308, 17K)

Buy a decent bar

its not a 5.4
I dont have that problem.

Even worse is the people using them on suburban streets.

So like 99% of the owners of said betamobiles?
Honestly, I've seen less than a half dozen on the open road where there are no street lights. It's all urban crawlers, no exceptions.

>its not a 5.4
>I dont have that problem.
You naive fucking fool.
The 5.4L is literally a stroked 4.6L with some extra deck-height

Most lightbar comes with a wiring harness including switch, fuse, relay and headlight interface. Just a switch on its own is either going to do shit, or burn to the ground.

anyone that uses them when they'd affect someone else is a cunt.
that being said, on country roads they are extremely useful.

Having another vehicle drive head on into your shit because they're completely blinded by your shit LED bars will also fuck up your vehicle, Cletus.

Some people like them because they think it looks cool
Some people like them because they provides great lighting

Attached: 1513387956273.jpg (1152x648, 63K)

>they share the same block therefore they are the same engine

the coil on plug 5.4's are the ones that have the rocketplug problem especially when using 2 piece plugs.
my 4.6 has neither

only reason my lightbar would be on if someone is driving at me is if they're already dumb enough to not turn off their brights in the first place.

You say that, but our survey data shows that is not how users of this device behave.

>i seen the same guy 4 times leave his lightbar on coming towards me therefore everyone that has a lightbar does this

> One guy on 4chin says he doesn't drive around with his off-road lights on all the time
> This makes it ok
> #NotAllTrughs

I suppose you blame guns for people harming other people too

Sounds like USA could use a bit of... sensible... EU-regulation

Attached: download (1).jpg (206x245, 15K)

>attacking our basic freedom
As an American citizen I'm proud of my rights to be blinded on the road by incompetent vehicle owners and shot by bubbas who otherwise wouldn't be allowed a firearm in your overly regulated nation.

and what would you suggest I replace my lightbar with?
new headlights with brighter bulbs?
those dont have the range that cheap $230 lightbar you see has and would still end up costing me more, to get a new headlight assembly that isnt chink shit is around $150-$200 CAD per light, not including bulbs which arent expensive for the halogen bulbs, with the stock headlight assemblies I can use LED bulbs, which are much more expensive in comparison to a $4/pair of bulbs. I could also get projector lights with HID's, which again; not cheap if you dont want chink shit.

I'll stick with my $230 lightbar that performs better.

As a european I honestly cant make up my mind about which "side" I prefer

I actually need one of these pointed backwards as a response to fags who wont turn off thier brights. I was going for more of a bright flash though

Depends what you put them on. Plus I like them because they are way cheaper than HIDs with a nice spread of light

Attached: 25A1BCD4-40C8-42D2-B293-E1F7268DC7D6.jpg (750x1334, 437K)

Attached: IMG_5091[1].jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)

Attached: IMG_5092[1].jpg (3024x3024, 1.45M)

youtube.com/watch?v=Tbqk60di6Jg
>literally a spotlight designed for heavy weapons mounted on helicopters

You do realize deer are attracted to lights

you do realize I can see them further ahead and adjust my speed accordingly right?

light bars don't throw that far

>lightbars dont throw that far
fuck you're dumb.

he's right though. see while you were fucking your sister out in the forest we were learning this real good thing called science

rigid e series 20" combo light shoots 1299 meters, which is .8 of a mile or 1.299 KM's
even if the chink shit ones shot 500m, if you cant slow your vehicle down so you can stop if the retard with horns jumps out in front of you in .31 of a mile or .5 of a km, pick a tree.

He's right, in a sense.
While lightbars can achieve a measurable output over 1000m these days, the problem is the way in which it throws that light out. LEDs focus too much light directly in front of the source making a glare which falsely convinces the layman their lights are great because they're "bright". What this does is impede the ability to see clearly in the distance which, even if it's lit, is severely less so than the glare in the foreground. And that's before you get into the flawed colour rendering index of an over powered LED. Light bars are at their best when configured as a lower output flood.

i hope the next chink lightbar faggot i blind with my Hellfighter is you

then i'll smash into your piece of shit civic, and while you'll be losing your virginity to the exhaust manifold of your 4cylinder, i'll readjust my lightbar and keep driving.

Just imagine all the cool things you could have done with $4k had you not been an autist.

>implying my pigging rig is a Civic
Be mad and blinded elsewhere, queer.

Reminds me of something happened a month ago
>drive in NYC
>Jeep guy driving with these LED bar beams on blinding everyone
>Literally zero wild deer and the streets are well lit because NYC
It was my only bad experience against these light bars so far, but seriously don't do this

people that drive slow shitboxes are the loudest criers when people bitch about lightbars and other auxiliary lights.
so forgive me for assuming your shitbox.

I wouldn’t buy the cheap chink shit on these. They could burn out, explode, catch on fire, etc

The cheaper lower power bars will just give you a fuse and switch. You only need a relay for the big bars. People will go ahead and wire it up without a relay or fuse, I've seen things. Another reason to avoid used trucks.

Whelp, the folk in your country must be retarded. Sometimes there is a good reason for regulation and compliance.

>Why are these stupid LED bars becoming popular?

What's funny is the poor quality control on the lightbars. Many of them will have burnt out LEDs. When several LEDs stop working or get "dimmer", the lightbar reminds me of someone with a gap-toothed smile. ha ha

HEY you aren't me so don't respond pretending to be me

I drive a F250, crew cab, fleet spec, manual windows, open headers, long bed, heavy duty rear bumper. i've been rear-ended by a tahoe and the tahoe did not survive, my bumper has a small dent.

fucking try me bitch.

i actually paid $200 for it and got a fuckhueg pelican case too. it's nice to know national guardsmen with money problems and loose morals.

alternatively, just imagine being good enough at life that i can spend 4k on something and still have 4k to spend on another thing, repeat ad nauseum

stay mad poorfag

They dont?

Attached: 1512848129855.jpg (1527x864, 441K)

Why does nobody make those LED lights round? They're all ugly and square.

Like these?

Attached: s-l500 (1).jpg (500x500, 37K)

calm down samefag, your f250 that was rear ended at 2miles per hour by a plastic SUV wouldnt survive with a punctured radiator and deployed airbags.

so it was built in approximately the same way your light bar was?

that isn't me samefagging though, i don't go pigging

>not having a light bar on your wagon to spot deer.

>spotting deer with a light bar

Popularised by falcunt

holy fuck imagine coming out of that turn and being blinded by the fucking sun while its night time WEW

Attached: 1517267969839.jpg (1080x847, 86K)

>2-300 meters
>far
>posting a snow picture where everything is white

Nigger rigging wiring and blinding other motorists is part of our freedom.

holy fuck imagine being able to see the other vehicles headlight mid turn and turning off the lightbar

No one does this.
I don't do this.
Unless you have more lights than me. Only then will I admit defeat and turn down.

>tfw fucking assholes with normal lights that are so fucking bright they may as well be their brights

>some fuck coming at me blinding me
>flash my brights to tell him to fuck off with that shit
>he flips on his actual brights and blinds me even more

Attached: where am i.jpg (640x480, 84K)

I have a couple 6" KC Gravity LED spot lights. They're breddy gud

We need to establish some form of code for 'your lights are too bright faggot'. Maybe a bright ultraviolet light. I

> 'flash brights at bright faggot, get blinded by his even brighter actual brights, retaliate with ultraviolet lightbar'

Gradually, faggots learn that a bright ultraviolet purple light in their face means that their lights suck.

Most of these fucks who are blinding you are faggots who installed upgraded bulbs into housings that either don't support them, aren't properly aimed, or both. The new cars tend to automatically aim away from your eyes when they have their stock beams.