Post a more based man

Post a more based man

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_conversion#End_of_Roman_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This

who?

Me

I still really, really wish I had that image where the fursona starts the holocaust.

I really hope whoever makes these things is murdered

>ctrl+f
>Bismarck 0 of 0

>Destroying Christianity with misinterpretation of the Holy scripture.
>Based

>Standing up against the USSR of the Renaissance
>Not based

>BTFOing papist idolaters that break commandments on a daily basis
>BTFOIng Austrians
>not based

>showing respect for those that honor Jesus
>idolatry
Pick one

Seconding a supplication for this

>literally worshiping somethomg that you need bussloads of mental exercises to explain

It's not a mental exercise. They're good people who were devoted to God so you give them a bit of respect. That's literally it.

And then you pray to them and they prey to God because God isn't Omnipotent and needs lot of help to keep track of his followers.

Praying to them is showing that you wish to demonstrate the same devotion that they demonstrated. Praying in general is just a show of devotion. God is already going to do whatever he knows is best. Praying is for your own mind/soul.

So may I pray to Odin as long as I keep God in there?

Again, it's for expressing your thoughts and decotion. Praying to Odin would just mean you aren't devoted to god. You don't actually think you have the right to order around god do you?

Odin isn't a saint

What if the RCC canonized him?

Saints are humans that have proven an extreme devotion to god, you using an example that could never exist. How retarded are you?

Regardless of the rules of it, what if the RCC canonized Wodan, claiming he was a man on earth at some point with extreme devotion to God?

>regardless of whether it could happen, what if it happened
Now these are mental gymnastics

Is the RCC infallible?

You are trying to turn this into a what if situation that would never happen and is therefore irrelevant. There is nothing wrong with honoring the accomlplishments of other people who lead lives of devotion.

>thread full of christfaggotry

Would it really be that weird considering that the Catholic Church once canonized a king that was prone to murdering and torturing pagans refusing to convert to Christianity and was so brutal it's likely his own Christian subjects murdered him?

Yes, it would be immensely different considering no saint is sinless and many are noteworthy for turning their lives away from sin in order to be closer to god and Odin is a random pagan god that doesn't exist.

*no saint besides Mary

He spent his entire converted life doing that shit and only stopped because people murdered him for it, shouldn't a saint be regretful about their life at least at some point in life?

If it advanced the acceptance of Christianity then it may have been a greater good. Cut out the tumor and replace it with healthy growth if you will.

And you are saying that out of a sincere belief in god or in the faith that Catholicism will give greater benefits to society than its rivals God be real or not?

>One true Faith
>Can't make people join without letting them choose between converting and death
Really makes you think..

The first couple centuries sure were a bitch. Also it was about accelerating the process, peaceful conversion is slow. Too many die unbaptized

If you think that the church leads to eternal paradise and forced conversion is the most effective way of getting people to that paradise then that's what you should do.

Is it okay to kill representatives of that Church then as they will revert to doing such things to you whenever they get the chance? Technically it's self defense. It don't have to be military men or anything, just normal Monks and so.

The greatest fault of Abrahamic religions is their ability to justify atrocity and claim it's still good.

You Sound like the nigs whining about slavery while they live in a brick house, eat three meals a day, have 1st world healthcare, etc. yeah it sucked for the people who got killed/tortured but it had benefits that outweighed those horrors

Such as?

>haha you're like those niggers
Is this what you have to do to justify atrocity?

>while we cannot objectivity prove that our beliefs are correct, and since we're inadequate at teaching it peacefully apparantly, we have to kill you all
What you're actually like is Muslims.

Creating a unified culture in which you other christians work together to help people who need it, increase communication and therefore connectivity with the outside world, and create a structure that has proven to be pretty effective at producing a free yet stable society. For the people doing the forced conversion it would've been increasing the amount of souls going to hell in the long term that would've been the benefit. Or do you honestly think Lithuania, Scandinavia, etc. would have done better without being connected with the rest of Christian Europe?

The people living in the third century don't need to justify themselves to those living in the 21st. In 1000 years people will be calling us barbarians for eating meat, watching contact sports, using derogatory terms, etc. Morality changes, remember that.

*decreasing

>In 1000 years people will be calling us barbarians for eating meat
Vegans believe this

Though people already back then weren't really much for force converting, so when people began force converting it was less than "hurr durr, moral back then" and more like what ISIS is for us today.

Progressive history view is a spook btw

>Creating a unified culture in which you other christians work together to help people who need it, increase communication and therefore connectivity with the outside world
Was not necessarily a Christian thing, and didn't need to be
>and create a structure that has proven to be pretty effective at producing a free yet stable society
The Indo-European Comitatus/Druht was already doing that. Feudalism wasn't church-derived, it just incorporated it.
>For the people doing the forced conversion it would've been increasing the amount of souls going to hell in the long term that would've been the benefit.
And I'm just meant to believe this, believe this enough to warrant atrocity?
>Or do you honestly think Lithuania, Scandinavia, etc. would have done better without being connected with the rest of Christian Europe?
It was the church that would've prevented any advancement without it. The papacy warranted wars against non-Christians, and used kings given legitimacy by the papacy to force other kingdoms into their fold. Powerful entities in the past such as the Roman empire were exspansionistic, but they never claimed moral high ground (a simple "came, saw, conquered" sufficed), and still traded with those outside their borders.

No it wasn't. ISIS is abnormal for modern society, that's why everyone hates them, they're the only ones doing it now and they're implementing outdated laws. Everyone did it back in the day, religion coincided with society and law back then so forced conversion was the only way you legitimized your laws

>morals changes, but this religious system must always be followed to the same unchanging letter

Christians waged holy wars in Europe. Pagans did not.

Yeah, pagans just waged wars because they felt like it and demonized everyone who wasn't them without any intention of integrating them. They were outdated. Wars of unification>any other type of war

>demonized everyone who wasn't them
Gosh where have we heard of this before
>without any intention of integrating them
Bullshit. Tribal assimilation happened all the time. The Roman Empire ffs, have you abandoned common knowledge?

I wasn't talking about the Romans there obviously. The christians didn't forcibly convert the Romans.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_conversion#End_of_Roman_Empire
>In 392 Emperor Theodosius I decreed that Christianity was the only legal religion of the Roman Empire and forbade pagan practices:

>"It is Our will that all the peoples who are ruled by the administration of Our Clemency shall practice that religion which the divine Peter the Apostle transmitted to the Romans.... The rest, whom We adjudge demented and insane, shall sustain the infamy of heretical dogmas, their meeting places shall not receive the name of churches, and they shall be smitten first by divine vengeance and secondly by the retribution of Our own initiative" (Codex Theodosianus XVI 1.2.).[3]"

He doesn't know about best cardinal

>Destroying Christianity with misinterpretation of the Holy scripture.

I want Calvinists to leave.

I've always wanted a large print of this

Amen muh dude

Fuck yes

>Spaghetti arms

No thanks

found the vegan

meme painting. literally every game that covers the 30 years war uses Siege of La Rochelle

I never really got the impression that Ferdinand was a dick to the Serbs, but redpill me Veeky Forums