Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

FIVE DAYS LEFT in the season Edition

What's new?

>Call of Kel'thuzad Event
>Join the Scourge in undying servitude with a new hero, new skins, and a bone-chilling challenge
>September 5th - 25th.
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/call-of-kelthuzad
youtu.be/-jInzG9Ukrk

>Kel'thuzad; The Lich Lord of The Plaguelands, Commander of The Dread Necropolis, Master of the Cold Dark, Founder of the Cult of The Damnuned, Former Member of the Council of Six, Creator of the Abominations, Betrayer of Humanity, Summoner of Archimonde, Archlich of Naxxramas, Majordomo to The Lich King, and Hearthstone enthusiast; Now on PTR!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/kelthuzad/
youtu.be/Uv35ukl8c-w

>For New Players
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Heroes of the Storm 2.0
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
>Official Community Resources, Guides, and Tips
>Talent Calculators, Statistics, Youtubers, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed
heroescounters.com/map
robogrub.com/tierlist
tentonhammer.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21014686/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21026745/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20973152/
>Current PTR Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20976073/

>Where can I find fellow players to group up with and discuss the game?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B2U1WBxSfZs
youtube.com/watch?v=sCAP_V02sUU
youtube.com/watch?v=T8WqGVX0DWI&feature=youtu.be&t=3m24s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this thread has been visited by the skeleton king. if u play tracer/lucio/diablo with d3 skin then u are a tranny faggot and should fuck off back to r.eddit

what is it about overwatch that triggers so much autistic screeching in /hotsg/

REMIMDER THAT THIS IS REAL

HANZO CONFIRMED 2017
ALEXSTRAZA CONFIRMED 2017

>2017
they'd been 'planning' kt for like 2 years before release
no guarantee that those two are coming any time soon

Every OW hero released so far has been cancer.
Attack-while-moving is the single worst mechanic introduced in any MOBA.

Also OWtards getting preferential treatment over real shit. Although now we have the two big WHENs in the game, getting OWshit is less painful.

They started hard development in Janurary. They planned all the way back then that he'd be releasing around August.

Here we are. Theres also "2018 heroes" on that documebt, you'd be retarded to think they don't have this shit timelined far out.

I imagine every hero that is releasing this year is in at least a playable state in Blizzard internally in various stages.

why is hots the smallest game but also the one full of faggotry everywhere
youtube.com/watch?v=B2U1WBxSfZs

>not buff
Why bother

>so inbred they cant even lipsync right
Pro gaming was a mistake

Is there any neat tweaks or tricks? I just found out about alt+clicking mana to report that so idk what else.

you can set your shit like Z QWERD 123456 to use normal cast when u press them with combination with shift, useful to look up ranges when u play with quick cast on

alt+click also works on abilities to announce if they're (not) on cooldown or if you lack the mana to cast them
use shift-clicks to queue up stuff for optimal movement, like moving away from a well after tapping or queueing up your mount while you channel an objective

>choose talents with keybinds
>ping CDs
>ping obj time
>shift+rmb to make move commands (good for going to fountain or rotating)
>:emote: for emojis
>hold rmb and press A to stutter step instead of machine gun click spam

just use quickast on release you fag

>on release
>constantly mouse clicking
>OOPS WHY ARE MY ABILITIES NOT GOING OFF XD

>hotsbabs are so bad at videogames they can't get the requisite 10 apm to right click on target and then right click on ground

seriously using A to stutterstep is so shitty if there's more than 1 target in range and you want to focus on a specific one, just gitgud and learn how a mouse works

On release is even worse than QC. Even fucking pro level players whiff on release because it sucks so bad

>tfw done this for years but my accuracy is shit so i keep misclicking and closing the gap

>On release is even worse than QC
Do you realize the absurdity of this statement? fucking kill yourself

Quick cast > on release > normie waste of time key press and mouse click for each ability

You can queue up the mounting with shift + z. Easy way to mount up as soon as possible after capping tower / taking a nuke without the risk of accidentally interrupting it.

I used normal cast and am GM

It works for most heroes where it's not as important to perfectly stutter step

GM in hots
they get matched with plats sometimes
xD

Does the same happen in lol

>tfw just nearly bungled the tutorial on new account because I've never played with normal cast
Just feels so
different

>r1 friend in wow clicks frames to target
>masters friend in legolegens clicks abilities to level up
I think people overestimate how much these things matter

what?
>pick literally any range hero
>be in teamfight
>have invincible tank and squishy out of position nottank both in range
you better fucking be hitting that second guy, and you better be moving between attacks like a non-retard

>tfw full Q build Zul'jin

Holy shit this actually feels so much better than You Want Axe

How does unranked compare to HL? I feel like people 30% of the time are just drafting without any consideration for the comp and counters. In unranked I can kind of say whatever but if I would lose ranking points because people are too stupid for knowing the basic hero interactions I would probably just rage and get banned.

I play on EU and only very rarely get non-masters in my game, but I see on american streams that it happens way more over there. The worst I get here is the occasional D1.

Yeah they overestimate massively. Is smartcast faster than normal cast? Absolutely. Is it sginificantly faster in that the extra time spent normal casting actually affects the outcome of whatever it is you're trying to do (getting a kill, escaping, etc.)? No.

Unranked is where people go to try shit that's too stupid for HL but too dependent on a proper team comp for QM, and they all expect the other 4 people to draft specifically around them. Don't even touch it.

Why play unranked to begin with? Unranked still uses a ranking to find matches, it's literally the same as HL except people don't try as hard. It's the worst of all worlds as you get the same epic memers as in QM but actually have to wait longer to get into games like HL.

Just play HL.

Which hero should I get and which one of these is the most FUN

Cho'Gall are two heroes at the price of one. But you'll need a partner to play.

Cho'Gall > Zeratul > Medivh > MAYBE Malthael

Don't even bother buying the rest tbqhwyf

some people treat unranked like qm where "i can pick whatever i want but then my teammates will actually draft supports and tanks for the team"

only real reason to play is if you have terminal videogames autism and get anxiety attacks at the idea of losing in ranked (for some reason this particular flavor of mental illness is very common)

Lunaara, Garrosh, Malthael and Medivh are fun and good.

Quickcast on release is only useful for a few characters/things. Kerrigan is one of them (on release impaling, quickcast her pull + leap).

Malthael or Medivh

Why play ranked when you don't intend to win.

grosh or murky
chogall is fun if you have friends but we both know you dont

why play at all if you dont intend to win

Deerbutt.

sopping

I know this is a meme game, but are in ranked also premades allowed? This shit like in any other teambased game where randoms just get shit on by people that sit in voice chat

qm and ud are for casual fun. hl is for try harding.

Ranked is literally solo queue.

>team league
Yeah, parties of 2, 3 and 5. This mode is basically ranked normals, though, where it's often some Master player partied with Bronze-Gold friends.

losing isnt fun until you run the biggest meme comp with 4 of your friends

useful for all kinds of shit where you want to see abilities or ranges
e.g. moving just far enough north to nail a wave with a max-range azmo globe
playing liming and throwing purple at a tower from as far away as possible for max orb damage
aiming guldan corruption to hit a tower twice or a fort/boss 3 times
playing any hero with a long-range skillshot and interrupting tribute from as far away as possible

Most people treat unranked as the place to go for [character that really needs to have a team built around them], they cant have teams built around them in QM, so they try to strong-arm it in unranked.

"I want to damage lili" "I want to tassadar" "I want to do thing that forces the rest of the team into a very specific comp with very defined roles and everyone has to play well, and if they dont I'm going to flame and throw a tantrum".

It's really fucking annoying.

thats why you pull that shit in ranked instead
your teammates want to win so if you firstpick some garbage that needs team synergy they will try their hardest to draft synergy

The moment I see Nova I pick Abathur and hat her for the entire game.
Good luck, have fun.

>thats why you pull that shit in ranked instead
That's how I've gotten "GENJI IS MY BEST HERO" people who have 35% winrates on him (and he's only like level 6), who pick him when we need waveclear.

In ranked you should play the things you're best at, your team needs and you win the most on. Not try to force people into goofy comps and heroes that they might not even be good on (eg firstpick tassadar forces stupid shit).

Anyone wanna duo and play some low effort team league just to get any rank for the reward shit?

yes
but I wanna watch HGC right now

>Greymane pickers
Total shit, report at instant

>Li-ming pickers
Noob who cannot position with or cannot land a very simple stun, report at instant

>Valla Strafe pickers
No need to explain at all, report at instant

>Nazeboo non-spider build
Report at instant

>Picking Lunara for ranged AA damage
Deals the lowest damage compared with all

Thanks for your effort to better ranked leagues.

lunara is a great ranged autoattacker and deals shitloads of damage what are you smoking

What's your bnet bb, I can add you and then good whenever.

r8 m8s

None of those are as bad as third worlders with broken English who whine about weirdly specific heroes on Czechoslovakian ice sculpting imageboards.

Not bad.

Delet this

Hue

Your only purpose in life is to satisfy orc cocks

Greymane is high in the meta. I dont like most li mings either, but she doesn't have a stun. Strafe is sometimes (not often) the right choice on valla. Spider build on nazeebo is shit.

Lunara is a spread-damage hypercarry. Sure her actual aa damage is really low, but the amount of damage she can cause to a team is insane.

>This is what Plat league players actually believe.

>playing zuljin
>listening to HM2 music

let the killing begin...

zero/expectable mobility

Somehow yes, So do I, no strafe is bad, frog build is shit.

>Hypercarry
Even lolshits started to abandon that retarded nigger term
>Amount of damage is low but the amount of damage she can cause is insane
Nice-self contradict down there, she can't even surpass tassadar-ish heroes on damage.

I know it'd be a lot of work, but I really wish they made it so announcers had hidden eastern eggs for announcing characters aside from when you're playing the same character as the announcer.

Just imagine Arthas mocking Uther for his failures or downplaying his successes.
Illidan sounding way too into it when casting for Tyrande or having a hard time keeping his cool when casting for Malfurion.
Garrosh talking about how Jaina is a weak little mage that he's going to dominate, etc.

>tfw you go 5-5 on team league and get diamond 5.

>Garrosh talking about how Jaina is a weak little mage that he's going to dominate, etc.
Is this the ERP thread?

>first placement
>against plats
>afk on my team
>next game against golds

Greymane is a great pick if you have a support who can enable him. If you have an Uther the enemy team needs Anub to disable one or both of them every time or else they lose.

Li-ming is pretty solid, not amazing but at the moment no mages are doing amazingly, also by stun are you comparing her to Kael'thas because those two get picked for very different reasons.

Valla's strafe is rarely good to take.

Nazeebo's spider build has been suffering in part because he really needs to get in there to land it.

No one picks Lunara for AA damage, they pick her for loads of spell damage. Unless they're an idiot, in which case you're completely correct.

every thread on Veeky Forums is

>HL placements going alright
>First round of bans is okay, we ban Gary, they ban Genji
>Our guy picks Zul'jin
>The other team drafts two mages (and later a third one)
>Hover anub and suggest banning Malfurion
>Zul'jin bans Anub
>Proceeds to feed all game while flaming the first pick Johanna

Why do people like this exist?

anyone have that webm when one of our proud member gets placed in bronze thanks lads or lasses

>Nice-self contradict down there
Can you read nigger? Her AA damage is low, the damage over time her poison spread causes is fucking absurd. Especially because it scales at better than the standard 4% (iirc it's 4.5%) and her level 13 ramps up poison damage by 50% whenever something is slowed.

Q someone, AA and then hit your w and at level 13 you'll have caused 144+ 92*3 + 61*3 (total 603) over 6 seconds to 4 heroes. Plus whatever additional damage you're doing to your focus target (144 per aa), and if your team has shit like arthas your poison damage ramps hard. That's without even needing to land your Q. You just walk into a fight, AA once and hit W (then Q and AA again).

And you can focus shitters with leaping strike to add another 433/866 damage, which can also put you behind their team and force the enemy team to retreat into you, making them take a shitload *more* damage.

But hey, "lunara is bad" despite the fact that quite a few top GM's main her.

youtube.com/watch?v=sCAP_V02sUU

What exactly is your rank hmm?

BegForMercy has a 75% winrate in grandmaster on assassin, is a lunara main (level fucking 200+), has hit rank 1 grandmaster, is currently rank 75.

Has done a lot to popularize lunara

retrowave horse

Women can't be buff without being roid monkeys

sweet
finally proper black mounts

ALWAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU

>71.4% winrate on azmo
seriously, how does anyone even lose with this fatass

>It's a "Let's go for boss while all 5 are up" episode

which ones for which league? honestly want to play ranked now, these are tight as fuck

HotS players have no object permanence. I've seen people literally walk near the boss while chasing someone and then start fighting it right there after ignoring it the entire match.

bottom ones are probably all master/epic

weak early game eventually becomes a factor
losing first-second objective every game hurts

>I've seen people literally walk near the boss while chasing someone and then start fighting it right there after ignoring it the entire match.
Are we playing with literal toddlers?

same as always (...I wanna be with you!):
the regular one is for plat in solo league or just doing placements in team league
the slightly pimped one is for masters in either league

>take enemy keep
>start to back off, still healthy
>spam ping their nearby mercs
>"they'll do them in like 10 secs"
sure enough
like clockwork
they walk in and start the mercs

this is like shitty low master mind you
I think most people just sort of autopilot

top row is plat+ in solo/hero or finish placements in team league
bottom row is master+ in either queue
probably

The simplest explanation would be basic human retardation like how you never know what you're going to eat until you actually open the fridge and look at it. Some players don't know the map or bother to learn or even look around and literally don't know the boss is there until they walk by.

Hanzo and Alexstraza confirmed to be in development.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8WqGVX0DWI&feature=youtu.be&t=3m24s

In upper left of screen at 3m24s the design document has their names.

On paper you deal truckload of damage
On reality you deal nothing, DoTs are shit and only good for real-life damage as nuisance, if you are not in clown meme fiesta, anyone can counter it easy cheap heals.

Your favorite streamer picks it because he makes his teams built on it, real men go to solo HL and try to win with educating 4 nigger apes without getting silenced for 3-5 years.

Everyone can be rank 1 gm with assasins given some time. If you were to a fat nigger nerd who sits in front of screen and play like 7/24 with no worries of tomorrow I can get to gm rank1 with lili outdamaging your favorite streamers "main"

What rank are you?

>always solo queueing
>want to try out a new hero in ranked
>have to play a bunch of quickplay matches to reach lvl 5
>slow as shit without a party

I wish i had friends.

sure you can senpai

Dia3 yesterday

Plat 4 today

guess why.

If you have 0 belief in yourself yet playing this game, probably severe case of autism or somehow your learning is incapacitated.