/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

Overtime Edition

Last thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Splatfest starts tonight! - Which superpower would you rather have: Flight or Invisibility? (September 1st/2nd)
- The Forge Splattershot Pro comes today with the Bubble Blower Special
- The new Salmon Run map Lost Outpost has been released!
- The new stage Manta Maria has been released!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL
> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Do you squidbag in Overtime when there's no chance for your opponent to win, /ink/?

There's always no chance for your opponent to win in overtime until it happens. Keep playing the game until it's over!

Sex with Octolings!

Hoodrat Woomy is here!

Don't forget to update that blacklist before splatfest /ink/

I want to marry an Octoling!

Me too!

>lead rainmaker to victory
>victory splash screen goes up
>results taking longer than usual
>person who put rainmaker in base poofs away
>"A communication error has occurred."
>check splatnet
>match didn't count for victory
>check progress meter
>got a new crack
>mfw

>>
I'm sorry, I meant baller. I kept him away from me until he popped, but because of the invincibility afterward, he still managed to get the kill. Why bother trying to zone them if they can still kill you afterward? Doesn't really reward skillful play.

Callie and Marie will NEVER EVER have sex with you so just forget it nerds.

I think the new Salmon Run item should be included in the news section. Just my idea though.

why do S+0s constantly lose 1v1s sometimes 2v1 even with turf advantage. Its ridiculous trying to babysit their ass when you clear most of mid only for them to lose it right as you push

Fucking lewd

Why do some woomies sway their hips like sluts in the lobby? Isn't this a kid's game?

I remember a video showcasing the effects from Comeback, but I can't find it because Everytime I look up for "Splatoon 2 Comeback" I just get attention whores from low ranks

It's splatoon, man. If you were expecting a highly competitive and balanced game, you've come to the wrong place. This is a game for 10 year olds.
It has a fucking 16 tick tickrate for god's sake. Nothing has a tickrate that low.
And with the insanely bad Wifi on the switch and the P2P nature of it with client side hit detection, I'm fucking astonished it's even functional at all.

>blacklist
What?

And they think Switch can be eSports.

Esports as a whole are garbage, it'll be for the best if they stay away from that cesspool.

does the tickrate meme only affect online and not LAN? Because in person tournaments are LAN.

>forge in 6 hours

>Nothing has a tickrate that low
I don't remember the exact number, but I'm pretty sure Overwatch's tickrate comes close. I mean, it's not saying much, considering Overwatch is a game that makes TF2 look like fucking Quake in comparison, but still.

Too late, Nintendo is doing their typical half-assed attempts of being modern once again. This time hosting advertisements under the guise of a tournament, with no prize money and a trophy they have to give back after the event.

Lewdest clothes yet

What did they mean by this?

It would be REALLY odd for LAN games to not have the same tickrate as the clients playing.

And how do you know they're S+0 when you can't see what subrank they are during a match?

1 sub saver main, 2 sub saver subs, and 1 bomb defense up on my life jacket.

Keep it as it is, or replace bomb defense with third sub saver?

Nah. Overwatch started out at 20 tickrate and is now at 60 and people were very upset back then.
But even the original Splatoon was 25 tick, so there's really no excuse.

Woomy butts are for spanking!

Still here?

The only difference between LAN play and online is the ping, and not needing to connect to a master server beforehand.

Nice, but what gear does it fit with? Just sandals and beachwear?

you talk to them outside the building.

Friend code?

Yeah mate, just add me on discord so that we can communicate while playing. Also good to have so that we can organise sessions with other fags in advance for practice or league.

That was a tag number. I'm not really familiar with discord either, but «my IGN»#«that number» is my discord tag, so add me and let's start splatting.

L E W D
>E
W
>D

Reminder that if you run out to kill a Maws or Scrapper instead of leading them to the basket, you fucking suck

Give me about 5 minutes to get ready

4395 3179 8403

this also another red flag don't recognize their name and aren't S+ regulars, never fucking carry, ever so the entire tide of the match is in favor of the enemy.

And you actually care enough to check out your teammates to bitch about them after the battle ON TOP of remembering how well they did? Pathetic.

rotation is in like 3 minutes anyways so you're good

Bomb def up really only starts working at 1 main or 3 subs

You want to join squad? We'll need one more then.

>Glowflies
>Roller flicks
>People jumping off the ship
Did we get a new horde of idiots or what?

Added, going through introduction now

>ranked
>shitty brella player
Is there an influx of players maining these, because of SR?
Also are there actually any decent brella players? I can't see how anyone can use this in ranked

>leaving Maws alive when there's other bosses to worry about
I hope no one seriously does this. It's too dangerous. Just kill the fucking thing already.

Room's up.

>there's really no excuse.
Actually.
With matchmaking restricted to your region in spla2n, the people you're playing against will have lower ping than when playing with the Japs in Splatoon 1. High latency combined with poor lag compensation significantly worsens the effect of a low tickrate. Without defending the change, I'd make a guess that stricter regional matchmaking plus possibly improved online coding may have led them to decide, through testing, that 16hz is enough for normal play.

>ever getting killed by Maws
Christ, you're even worse than I though. Maws are easy as fuck to handle, leading them back to the base is fucking child's play

i would imagine it could get some use in splatzones
its got good coverage, ink storm, and sprinklers

Sometimes it just takes me by surprised when I'm distracted by something else.

Well, if they weren't idiots, they'd realize is really wasn't enough. You can land the killing shot on someone and then be splatted by them a half second after because the kill hasn't registered yet

ready yet? we're at 3/4

Brella is great in splatzones, decent in TC, ok in rainmaker

We need one more, anyone else want to do League Battle?

false, even with ink coverage abilities they lack in every department to kill reliably making them more useless than the memesprayers.

Reminder that you'll never have that one rando that lures maws and scrappers to the basket, uses Inkjet to save you life, or uses the stingray in a mothership round perfectly without fail.

Can't they do like 90 damage in a perfect hit?

Except with the switch's wifi being notoriously bad, I wouldn't be surprised if the ping from people near you is worse in Splatoon 2 than it was in 1.
The abundant disconnects alone speak volumes.
You can't go five matches without having people on your team disconnect.

>Maws are easy as fuck to handle
If they're alone. If there's anything else to worry about you need to hurry the fuck up. You're the reason teams get greedy and then wiped

I'm already in. Looks like we need one more.

The whole ranked system is fucked. S+ is filled with mediocre players now. This stupid number system needs tossed out and we should go back to the old ranked system where S+ was only for good players

>perfect
That's the problem, most of the time they'll be a few pellets short, so they'll never kill someone in two hits.

I got request from a guy that's not joining

>perfect hit
okay, so you meant flanking cause they aren't going to be winning any head on fights smart guy. every normal shooter does this job better so why even bother

Oh shit, alright then.

Keep in mind this also happened in Splatoon 1. In fact, either I've just played enough Splatoon to get used to it, or it happened even more to me in the first game than in this one.

>we should go back to the old ranked system where S+ was only for good players
That means you won't ever be S+ then

Getting high with Pothead Woomy!

Teams get wiped if they are shit. Teams miss the quota because they waste time running back and forth instead of getting a quick 3 eggs by the basket and moving on.

Well I'll just leave and you can do the pair leagues.

Back to 3/4 in league

the problem here is that the brella shoots pellets
90 damage comes from all 6 pellets making contact

in order to get a two shot kill, at least 4/6 must hit in each swing
I'm not super sure on the spread for the pellets or the rng or anything

Alright, you can come back now Phred, then we'd have 4/4.

Or because they lure in far more than they can kill, you try dropping eggs off with 3 Steelheads, a couple of maws, and a handful of scrappers in your face as the ranged Salmonids use you as target practice.

>implying that FLANK FLANK FLANK isn't a legitimate strat

Brella has the advantage of being a decent blaster-like shooter while also having the gimick of a shield, as well as a good sub and special

Since hardly any weapon is actually hitscan, it doesn't actually matter. Ink blobs are still in the air upon death.

I was S+ in Splat1. But honestly, I'd be happy to have a rank I couldn't achieve, so I know consistently better matches are out there if I get good enough. Anything to keep me from having to play with shitters like you

And? Before it was possible for matches to run better, so long as people had decent internet, now the matches are guaranteed to have issues

>brella spending his time trying to flank
>gets seen and dies in every fight trying to get close

wew, gud job deranking everyone else ladd

>i suck with the brella so everyone else must too

I don't remember ever missing the quota because the team was loafing around. It's either because it's a special wave or we got overwhelmed and kept dying

I'm okay with that. Current S+ players range from Splat1's B- to actual tournament-level players. Even if I'm so shit I'll get knocked down to A- with new ranking system, I'll be still playing with better players.

When I was trying it out. I often had to kill someone in 3 or 4 hits. When I shoot the umbrella away it leaves 55%/60% ink left without ink saver main. Which are about 14 shots.
On the splatting ability it feels like a shitty slosher.

The shield is great though. I hope they add certain variations for brella in the future.

>I think I'm hotshit with brella so theres no way what he said about brella being shit in killing is true!

Try saying that to someone who was splatted by a bucket that fired after the bucket user was dead.
Nintendo fucked up.

>not good enough at turning to flank
>easily pressured to death in front line fighting
It's kit is trying to be so many things, but it never does enough for a specific role.

>Boohoo I can't win when one teammate is doing a shit job, it's their fault for using the weapon I hate

Bullshit, in my case those issues are once in a blue moon. You just live in a place where people have shit internet.

Hopefully making it paid will cull the assholes running their internet on a hamster wheel. Fucking poorfags.

This doesn't happen if you're not an idiot. This only happens to you because you spend time running out to bosses, then shuttling eggs individually, then having to deal with the multitude of bosses that just spawned. So thanks to your wasted travel time, you either end up with no eggs or too many bosses

that's such a nonsense argument. They are still shooting when they should be dead, so shots that should not exist will be traveling to hit me even after a tick

>gets seen
>in a game with massive amounts of cover, elevation changes, vertical and overall mobility and even ability to hide in plain fucking sight
Just because you're shit at flanking doesn't mean everyone else is. See: Carbon was one of the best weapons in 1.

>Nintendo
>making a good competitive game
>ever
if you want something really competitive you just build you up a PC. If you want to just have casual fun you buy a Nintendo console. That's it.

>Only a couple more hours until I can watch Marina shaking her sexy ass around onstage

My dick is so ready

>implying a brella is meant to flank
>dualies exist

@2/4 pro SR
2425-4129-2419
Be the proletariat

>N-nothing bad can be said about my game, it's your fault
no, it's the fucking tickrate. I have good internet and an ethernet hookup. The devs just fucked up. Get over it. You don't need to protect the game from all criticism like its your child