/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #106

When you realize you are the worst duelist at Duel Academy edition

Last Thread: Latest News
>a special Duelist Kingdom themed event is live now through the 11th. You can unlock little Yugi as a playable LD and get some new cards
>"Super Rex" will be roaming Duel World mid September
>a "Duel tower" event is coming soon. More details later
>GX world will be going live late September. This will be the biggest update to Duel Links yet
>Bonz will be available to unlock in October
>new minibox out, doesn't have anything really meta defining

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc. (VERY OUTDATED)
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for bad players
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>using the modded APK to farm will result in a ban eventually
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're really unsure about what to buy, Crimson Kingdom has high attack 4-star monsters at low rarities
>It is advised not to pass stage 38 unless you want your auto duel win rate to plummet
>Level up Mai and Keith first to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IagHgALgMtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_nTHH1vtwq0
youtube.com/watch?v=XDZ3UJGSoIc
youtube.com/watch?v=xwd0hEv9n3U
youtube.com/watch?v=fKy5U0qF638
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck it im staying in silver for this entire season

When can we get this in the game? I feel like he'd be a decent rare

L A T E S E P T E M B E R

>playing ranked at the start of the month

wait like a week and everything below plat can be beaten by a single 1800 4 drop

>that feeling when

>4 jins

fuck you

I haven't gotten any Jinn yet atually

Not bad user, I haven't gotten a Jinn myself, nor a Horn either.

>try a Cerberus deck against Kaiba
>he wrecks me 3 times in a row

TOUGH TIMES
O
U
G
H

T
I
M
E
S

HARD CLIMBS

cerb is not a viable farm deck for kaiba

try either labyrinth builder with dimension gate, or union attack/golden apple

>try
As if I have the cards.

>tfw the mods delete your Yugioh thread on /v/

if you dont have union attack right now you should be farming as many dice as you possibly can

I have 3.

well then you just need a golden apple and you're probably all set

Yeah, I am not wasting my gems for that.

Then why are you complaining about not having the cards needed to farm Kaiba if you're doing nothing to try and get them?

Since GX is coming later this month don't forget that Season 3 has the best OP and ED.

OP
youtube.com/watch?v=IagHgALgMtQ

ED
youtube.com/watch?v=_nTHH1vtwq0

Why would I waste gems on that instead on meta cards?

No
youtube.com/watch?v=XDZ3UJGSoIc

How are you guys not burnt out from all the grinding?

It's just too time consuming. I expected it but my nostalgia made me give it a go. After 6 weeks I just don't feel like playing anymore. Manually clicking on all the duelists to auto-duel several times every day to slowly level up your character, farming the event duelist several times every day for the week of the event, getting the 100 PvP wins each season, waiting 8 hours for the card trader to update, grinding to get enough gold, UR/SR and attribute gems, barely getting any gems past the first weeks of playing, the card you want being in one of the last packs, waiting for an event to happen again... it's all so tiresome. The worst thing is that the game doesn't really let you take a break. After all what limited cards are you going to miss out on! When you have to adjust so much to the game you are not playing the game but the game is playing you.

He was supposed to be in the Tyrant mini-box but switched him for shallow grave

Song is good but visuals are extremely lame

I don't farm the gate anymore so I don't really end up grinding much anymore. Just clearing SDs twice a day, maybe do event stuff, then PvPing the rest of the time. Gate farming was killing me.

I mean, if you don't want Econ's or Champion Vigilance's, go ahead and keep being a whiner, you do you baboo.

>The worst thing is that the game doesn't really let you take a break. After all what limited cards are you going to miss out on! When you have to adjust so much to the game you are not playing the game but the game is playing you
I feel you user. I hate how you need to be constantly playing the game so you won't lose an event exclusive cards, gems or characters. At first the game is fun but eventually it becomes a chore. If i wouldn't love Yugioh so much i would have dropped this game a long time ago. Now im trying to stop playing it everyday and just have it on my phone and play whenever i feel like it. I'll get my ass kicked online but its impossible to stay on top if you don't play the game religiously

But I already have 3 econs.

>Get to Legend
>It's filled with cheating gooks
I wish Kim would take a shot at Seoul already so that whole fucking patch of cunting dirt can get glassed

so can every duelist get balance as a drop from the duelests at the gate?

no

Konami will fear the samurai

This will get a summon animation, right?

was watching some old season yugioh and what the fuck

It's pretty fun to play.
Want to improve it as soon as I get some other stuff like DiscRider or Bazoo or at least a 2nd insect imitation.

is this a jojo reference?

Why does ranked duels suck now?

I'm in gold 1 and every duel is against a former KoG

I can't even fuck around with meme decks anymore

Because the ladder JUST reset last night?

>74 packs in
>got all UR, but Blue-Eyes Ultimate, Fusion Gate and fucking Sphire Kuriboh
Fuck

Pretty sure the changed the algorithm.
It's not random anymore

The fuck is that even suppose to mean?

ooh looks cool and sounds fun

>3 wonder ballons

Fucking why m8

that prismatic money wall tho

Post your deck that you'll be using to get KoG this season.

>go into casual
>GRANDPA'S CARDS XDDD GRANDPAS DECK HAS NO BAD CARDS XD

Cause I can tribute them for one another and the Gustav can use the spell in graveyard.
As soon as I get a Bazoo the Souleater I'll change things up. Prolly make it 2 balloons, a sphere kuriboh for defenses, prolly change up without the wind fields or some other useful stuff.

This deck only works because of that skill that cucks phoenix and red eyes desu senpai
Yes, but anything can destroy your ballons, you have no defense, it would be just better to just slap some staple cards like econ, kuriboh or srh

I kinda know this feel. I have 9 URs in Ult Rising with only 101 packs invested. Sweet fuckin deal, right? 9 URs for only half the box. But the single UR I'm missing is Kuriboh.

Too bad all of the rest are useless junk.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's really not as bad as you're saying. It sounds like you're looking at DL as more of a single player game that should be beaten as fast as possible, when it's more like a MMO, it's going to be slow and steady & you never "beat the game"

>Manually clicking on all the duelists to auto-duel several times every day to slowly level up your character
Why do you need to level up chars right away? Barring fish decks, toons, etc, you don't need the LV up cards. Just go at your own pace, there's no reason to rush to duel every SD every day. I have most of my chars at LV35+, and I just duel the SDs during events so I also get the event currency.

>Farming the event duelist several times every day for the week of the event
The gate events are pretty fun, since you're nearly guaranteed to get the rewards. Roaming duelists can suck a dick though, and konami will probably change these for the better soon

>Getting the 100 PvP wins each season
There's no getting around this one. If you don't enjoy PvP in duel links, yeah the 100 wins will seem horrible. But I dunno what to say, if you don't enjoy pvp, then there's really nothing to be said.

>Waiting 8 hours for the card trader to update
Same with char lv ups, you really don't NEED any card trader cards, barring a few (cerb, hammer shark, riryoku, etc). It's frustrating to have to wait, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

>Grinding to get enough gold, UR/SR and attribute gems
Just by dueling SDs and doing events, you should be good on all 3. Again, it's not a single player game that should be beaten ASAP. You can't spend currency on cards you don't need.

>Barely getting any gems past the first weeks of playing
This is the main issue of the game. But honestly, they have done a really good job of leveling the playing field recently. You can easily hit KoG just by using naturia, and that's a really easy deck to build.

Cucks control decks as well since they depend on you to attack their monster. Only loses hard to fish fags.

>Just go at your own pace, there's no reason to rush to duel every SD every day.
No matter how you put it, it's still shit. Sometimes there is a good lvl reward or trader card and naturally you want it to play in a deck because that's what yugioh is for. But suppose you don't hurry, that's still hundreds of clicking chore on sds for one char and you are just spreading out the chore over many days or on a different day, etc. so that you eventually get it but that isn't any better it's still way too long for a shit chore.

you dont know real pain.

im down to like 80 something packs in crimson kingdom and i only have TWO URs

>only 1 spell power grasp in minibox when effect literally expects you to have more than one of it
>have to reset many times while also getting crimson and maybe exemplar from dod (2 counters instead of 1), all to make meme citadel+megaton cannon or endymion deck
>activating cannon is 20 click
>probably not even better than toons

>another FUCKING day the card trader doesnt have the card I want

KONAMI
YOU WILL LEARN TO FEAR THE MONSTER YOU CREATED

>Jewnami releases Silent magician "coincidentally" with manlet yugi's release
>Komoney lets everyone and their mom get access to red eyes insight and spirit because they realized their missing out on profits from retards buying Crimson Kingdom 3 times
Anyone else aware of their jew tactics?

>"coincidentally"
It's quite obvious they put in Silent Magician intentionally. I'm not talking about them doing it sneakly or underhandedly, I mean they did it under no pretensions of it being a coincidence or surprise.

>not making yugi a gate duelist
>not making silent magician and its support cards as lvl 40 drops

youtube.com/watch?v=xwd0hEv9n3U

>tfw got what I wanted
>tfw all it did was make me wish I had a frognarch deck

When did you start playing the game?

Damn Yugioh music used to be so good but now they are pretty lame. What happened?
The latest Yugioh Anime had only one good OP and it isn't even that good

youtube.com/watch?v=fKy5U0qF638

>He still hasn't learned to trick the desire sensor.

Just tried this. It's fun but fuck selecting every counter separately

>Drop from Gold 4 to Gold 1 playing meme decks
>I can earn the rewards for the gold ranks that I was dropping through
Working as intended

>tfw you actually depend on luck of the draw to win because your deck is a shitty "maybe this will work" meme deck
>tfw your main hero is joey
>tfw you edge out wins against korean players

this must be the true duel links experience

And think of this, since GX will be a separate world, it will more than likely have its own events. There's a good chance you will have to grind DM and GX events at the same time once GX starts

Rate meme
Just got League with R ticket

wow every deck kaiba players use are cancerous

In some way Duel links it's a little harsh on new players, they may give cheaps meta decks, but when it comes to event exclusives or farming LDs, they are WAY behind.
And now adding new series and more cards to get

What has everyone gotten from the lottery so far? Just 1 barrel and 1 horn so far from at least! 2.5k+coins... Feel robbed

Seriously Konami needs to do something about that. I'm still waiting for the Pegasus event to come back

Every single card except for Barrel Dragon which i don't acre because i don't have Pegasus

Same, I want another toon magician girl for an even more maximum win rate

1 lajinn 1 union attack 4 kuriboh
memed a detonate deck for a little so I regret nothing. kinda wish I could make a kuribohfear deck with 3 kuriboh 3 sphere kuriboh 1 relinkuriboh 3 multiple 3 detonate 2 dark necrofear for the memes.

Lucky bastard, I only want them for the sake of collecting event cards. Barrel is OK but hard to pull off since it needs 2 tributes and others only need 1 in a deck that's already pretty scares

Imagine if we got 2/3 Toon Magician Girl and Toon Rollback.

toon barrel dragon doesn't need toon world and can pop backrow so you really don't need pegasus

2 Union, 1 Barrel

You guys ever just quit out of a duel because the guy takes too long to play?

Why even run it in a non toon deck? Would've been awesome if it came out pre Doxbro nerf

No because that's how some people play to win

So you can have 6 barrel dragons in your mausoleum deck obviously. Do you even think before you post?

They'll probably be dumb enough to forget and not take it out... And break the game

if it's kog definitely

Can't wait to kick nostalgiafag asses with best protagonist

when will we get to ride bikes and race peole while we duel? imagine obstacles and turns, having to pay attention to turn a bend or dodge an obstacle to not crash all while trying to read cards' text and strategizing.

>threw together random mako deck
>straight to plat 1 from gold 1 with 1 loss
wew gold really is the new silver

I think I'm gonna try and make an Orca Fortress deck later on. I tried before we got Legendary Ocean to middling results.

Post dick

3D monster holograms when? none of those annoying movements / animations in Player View when?

Do you think they'll add this to the trader like they did with delta to get more people to buy echoes?

>liking gx
kys

>Not liking GX

>quick effect spell negation
>floats into 3500 beater
Too OP for duel links

I can understand disliking Season 2-3, but 1 is a wonderful mess of corniness and stupid shenanigans.