About to buy - Better alternatives?

Before i take the plunge, what's Veeky Forums's opinion on similar, yet better choices then the RS.

Attached: car6.jpg (3024x4032, 2.57M)

literally anything that doesn't have fake awd, the interior of a car that costs $25k less, a transverse mounted engine, and paper headgaskets.

FiST with a few simple mods

Head gasket issue is literally beating a dead horse. Civic Type R is boy racer faggotry wrapped up in a FWD poof package.
i30 N is an i30 so it's immediately derailed.
A45 AMG is not worth the $$$ and isn't manual

apparently you're not american so m140i or m140xi are the best hatches you can buy.

Already own one with full bolt ons.

Attached: 16542387842_29ddf34abe_b.jpg (1024x683, 304K)

i think your just not getting enough to justify that big of a price tag for a focus. i guess im just not a fan of the performance turbo 4 awd options in general. you have to put down so much when you could get 80% of the fun for so much less with something like an ecoboost stang or even just a focus st.

but if you really have the money to burn and like it, im sure it would be a fun car so go for it then.

since you like unreliable vehicles why not pic related

Attached: rs3.jpg (3690x2776, 1.53M)

Sadly there's none. If you want a small cheap turbo AWD car, the RS is the best value. Anything as good as it costs more and anything better costs a lot more.

costs 2 times more
golf chassis

Implying focus rs is unreliable because of a recall.
agreed
>overpriced.
It's not like i have the money to burn *not rich*, i just can't find anything better for value.
Pretty sure that might be the conclusion.

Do it. This is the last year they’re making them, right?
>fake AWD
Fake news.

Something with a v8 and correct wheel drive.

>doesn't suggest a car
>can't find one in this price range
>inb4 mustang
Yeah, last year of production is 2018.

would $9k make a big difference to you?
you get tons of goodies such as a nice interior, bespoke rwd chassis, inline 6 engine and a true rwd biased AWD instead of haldex awd and tons of factory performance options.

Attached: 2018-BMW-M140i-Australian-launch-1-1280x810.jpg (1280x810, 107K)

#1 looks ugly
#2 isn't a fun enthusiast car
#3 isn't manual.

rwd biased awd is always more fun than fwd biased awd.
it does have a manual btw.

Reminder. The Focus RS is FWD

This is the driveshaft connecting to the rear diff

Attached: DSC_2317-X3.jpg (1600x1063, 469K)

This. OP you must be retarded to even consider any other hatchback if you’re lucky enough to live where the 140i is sold.
Best modern hatchback no doubt.

I’d get the RWD version because its the last rear drive hatch on sale.

Mustang gt
Corvette
Jag xf or e class with the v8

i guess my argument against it is more of a personal opinion not really a technical car comparison but i'll give ya my 2 cents since im bored right now.
if you aren't rich then i think pushing well over 30k is just too much for a performance car especially considering its ultimately still a ford focus. i think the focus st you got right now looks great and is the perfect car for someone who has some money to spend on performance but is not made of money. but if your bored of that i can understand but how do you know you wouldn't get bored of an RS as well. and then maybe you do some mods here and there and ultimately end up spending 40k+ on again, a focus that who tf knows what it will be worth in the long run.
this is coming from someone who owns a fiesta st btw. i like all of fords ecoboost cars and think the RS is awesome. if i had a bunch of cash i'd get one and upgrade it. would be a bad ass car for sure. i technically could afford one too and i could see how i could justify buying one for myself but really i know the fiesta is enough. its fun, thats all it needs to be. trying to get something really fast is just a money pit and there is always something and someone faster.

as far as a car i'd consider a better choice? i'd say a ecoboost stang. a couple of mods and that thing would be a blast. or if you are really wanting to spend that much you could look at a gt with 460hp. anyway, good luck and nice focus man.

btfo

Get a used srt8 charger/challenger

Attached: 065AC858-97CD-4CD1-AC3B-A24C1C6C9057.jpg (887x598, 329K)

RS isn't Haldex

Mazdaspeed 3

So what you're saying is that it has a drive shaft connected to the rear differential. Sounds like it's AWD to me.

it is though.

Why come and ask for opinions if you’re gonna dismiss the objectively better car just because you think it looks ugly

It's literally not. Try educating yourself on a topic before spouting off false information.

>only 9k more.....
>you think its ugly so what? buy it anyway.
>'objectively better'
gotta love the internet blowhards.

It is fwd most of the time = same haldex trash

Just buy any sports car from 2000-2010 and save yourself pain and money.

You can't just keep saying it's Haldex and make it true. It's actually literally objectively demonstrably factually not Haldex.

You should give the Golf R a test drive. I guess some people prefer it's refined feel compared to the Focus RS. Ignore any idiot commenting on the head gaskets. There was a recall so it shouldn't be an issue. If there isn't a displacement tax where you are you should check out some V8s like the mustang GT. Or you could also check out the Miata and save some cash.

In that category there's really only the golf R.

That said, for the money you pay for a riced ST there's better options on the used market.

>In that category there's really only the golf R.
Why would you pay more for a slower car?

i mean speed isn't everything. if thats the priority op should get a foxbody and put 30k into it.

Chevy ss

Because you enjoy how it drives?

Why would enjoy a car that's less fun to drive?

That's rather subjective, innit?

When you're paying $30-$40k for a family sedan with a turbo stuck on it, speed is actually everything.

Nice, test driving a cat s this weekend, hopefully its a good buy

rwd is always more fun than awd, especially shit tier fwd biased awd.

>A Ford Grand Marquis is more fun than an STI

no but a m140i is more fun than a focus.

Not not a Focus RS

>jaguars

Attached: 1519420557989.gif (500x382, 125K)

Yeah a focus rs too. Bespoke RWD platform>fwd based platform.

So a Crown Victoria is more fun than a Civic Type R?

are they direct competitors like the M140i and FoRS?

>RS3
>M2
>E92 M3
>VF SS-V
>WRX STI
>Camaro SS (available mid year)

nothing better here for under $100k

get a fucking XR6 you wanker.

Oh sorry I didn't know you were about to move your goalposts all over the place. See, I thought when you said "rwd is always more fun than awd" that you meant "rwd is always more fun than awd"

>buy what I have to make me feel good about being poor

lel

I was responding to a post saying that the focus rs is more fun than the m140i. Learn to read

I can read fine. I read your post that said "rwd is always more fun than awd". So you think a 2WD F150 is more fun than a Nissan GTR

M140i has a part time rwd biased AWD (same as on the GTR) available so even in awd form the 140i is more fun than the fwd biased FoRS.

It also costs like $25000 more and is, while maybe in your opinion more "fun", it is in the hands of a competent driver, less fast.

great, helpful and useful advise!

they cost literally the same here.
in the hands of a good driver RWD or RWD bias awd will ALWAYS be faster on a track.

and by “here” I mean bongistan.
I assume OP is australian the price difference is minimal there too.
M140i is a bargain for what you get

lol youre right
ive always hated the focus rs and now i have a reason why
>The diameter of the driveshaft that feeds power to the rear differential, or as the fanboys call it the "Rear Drive Unit" (RDU), is remarkably small. The section above right necks down to the size of my finger. How does this transmit "up to 70% power" of 350 hp to the rear wheels? Doesn't add up
muh reasonably priced """sports car"""

Attached: DSC_2310-X3.jpg (1600x1063, 438K)

>Not to mention the Rear differential itself, which is painfully small in the RS. This is the size of what you'd expect to see in a side-by-side or ATV that has a 500-750cc engine. Not exaggerating here; this differential housing is small. I've never seen a car with any sort of rear drive that used an axle this small in 3 decades. It is no wonder it overheats and disengages the rear drive, to protect this differential from damage.
so the rs is, in fact, a FWD car

FoRS fangirls internally btfo

im not surprised. ford always seems to do a kind of bait and switch on most of the cars i've had. they have some feature (usually power) that other cars don't have that bring in the tards but the vehicles often are critically weak in some important aspect. i think they just have a strategy of giving their cars some big strengths to attract proud suckers and then saving money by having a glaring weakness. im probably trading in my fist soon.

C5 corevette

Holy fuck my spelling is awful

The issue with these is based around the open deck design of the engine. The problem can be mediated with an engine that's running stock hp, but adding any more power is probably not an option.