/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

New Thred, Extra Ded
previous jej The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

First for anime planet.

Bioengineering when
And don't mention the Maxis game

never forgive

Dude, put Worlds Adrift in the op next time ey?

>>Skywanderers
soon

>put a random game that people just started talking about last thread in the OP
>this list is not all-inclusive
No.

The hell are you talking about, we've been talking about the game for ages it's just that it only just went into public beta so it's natural there's been a spate of posting. Now that people can actually fucking play it.

>PUBLIC beta
>paid EA acces
?????

I made an autocannon that fires 450-ton tactical nukes at 240 RPM and put 24 of those autocannons on a single ship. They're pretty good at rekting anything, and the salvos look good.

Compared to when it was invite only? Yeah, it's public.

Ship design here

>we
>spate of posting
>a game getting added to the OP or approved as an /egg/ without The Grand Consulate of Autism convening which definitely didn't happen last jej

Hi jtyotjotjipaefvj

hello fellow chodeposter

is there any factory related game where i need to manage production and energy production/distribution? just like those old minecraft mods that even nuclear power plants were possible ?

please no factorio bullshit.

other than factorio?
not really

Nothing other than factorio.

why not tho? it's a pretty good factory autismo game

Factorio is good, why not?

it will never go on sale so i don't care

That's a really stupid outlook, for one it is on sale now, just not via steam, the price is going up once it hits full release.
And secondly, it's free if you pirate.

gets boring eventually.

which should be around 200 hours, and then it's time for mods
though if you don't manage your burnout and the types of fun it could be earlier

I fucking loved that documentary with the retarded blimp children with batman gadgets.

Don't dead yet

>for one it is on sale now, just not via steam
Where?

Never.

>it will never be cheaper than what I've assigned its value to arbitrarily be, regardless of how many hours of enjoyment I can get out of it because I've fallen for the mother of all consumerist marketing memes

wish I could think like that

holy fuck. I remember after all this time why I loved nigging pirate ships in space engineers so much. It reminds me when my only strategy in the first homeworld game was spamming salvage corvettes and support frigates. So fucking amazing

whats up with 9k+ p niggers in easy raids

TOMB
O
M
B

>completed hard and normal raid, still 5 days to go, scrap is valuable

what's so hard to understand?

Do you think I'll be able to build a fully functional and highly dangerous Ringworld, to scale, in Skywankers?

Because I really want to build a fully functional Ringworld.

It just is
the current price it is at, 20 dollars, is a discount

>all time is relative
>light travels at a constant speed in a vacuum
How is light not a universal frame of reference?

because you can't use a photon as a frame of reference

Aren't photons kosher for a frame of reference since they do not accelerate?

I don't really know.
I'm just fairly certain using a photon as a frame of reference doesn't work because the speed of light releative to light has to be the speed of light which would break things, I think.
I'm talking out of my ass, of course.

Because physicians are still on debate if its a particle or a wave.

it's an uncollapsed probability waveform until it needs to be either a particle or a wave
that's been solved for ages now

>trans-state matter
cis scum btfo

What if time is universal, but the individual clock speeds of atoms aren't?

>Sailing to a smallish island, seems to be composed of two clumps connected by a spiral rock formation
>Pretty boring, nobody around, no animals, shit materials
>Can't find the gold chest though
>Oh well, time to fuck off
>Flying away when I notice what looks like a cave entrance
>Hey, it IS a cave entrance
>Swing the ship around and check it out
>Pitch fucking black inside but i'm making my way around because my wristwatch glows green
>stumble onto a half shattered statue, notice the whole cave is actually made of paved stone
>Go deeper, find wrecked machinery all rusted to ruin, scavenge some crap from them
>Glowing mushrooms cover the walls but somehow offer no light
>Even deeper into the tunnels find two working ancient tech databases and the golden chest

10/10 to whoever designed that island, really enjoyed exploring it in the dark. Having the entrance hidden under a rock overhang making it hidden from above was genius.

They vary between about 1.20 and 2.4GHz.

thats the best part of adrift, exploring the islands trying to find all the knowledge things and the gold chest, i once came across an island that looked like a small dock with a garage, upon entering a doorway i found a very intrincate set of tunnels and rooms that resembled a command center bunker, pretty dope, im ashamed of myself for never taking a pic of the islands and my botes, i might buy into it when they fix loading stutters in 10 years

But my cpu is 3.4ghz, how can my shitty laggy computer be faster than the universe?

the universe is multithreaded to fug

atoms are tiny dude

lackner-wendt auxon swarms powered by neural nets trained on autism simulators when

>an autistic AI that plays videogames
I would die happy if that ever happen.

I just started memeout

When do I get to go fast? I really want to go fast.

This pickup truck is too slow.

after significant amounts of market jewing

>When do I get to go fast?
When you do your homework and make it happen, faggot.

Will we ever have an engineering game that lets us build on such a scale? Fuck me, it seems like you can never get much bigger than 'medium sized battleship' before shit starts lagging the fuck out.

Anyone here been playing the new MAV update? The garage makes me want to die less now

Isn't that game bundled with the extreme robots general?

I figured it was pretty close to Robocraft but not pay2play garbage. I'll try their thread.

People post about it here on occasion because a) build your own robot and b) there's a ton of ex-chromehounds players here

requesting the "simspeed ain't free, the road to 1.0 gotta be littered with the bodies of inyalowda" pic

it's "the paid tickets of" you inbred fuckmuppet.

woah....so this is the power of mechs....

You want them? I got them.
Warbros #1

Saw one today that was just 5 heavy shields covering the front with a single gun.

Glad to see it doesn't run like complete ass anymore.

I WILL NEVER MAKE MY

MOTHER
FUCKIN
DYSON SPHERE

what the fuck

Are there any good engineering games yet.

depends on your autismo level desu

Yes
No
Maybe
What was the question?

Factorio is fun.

>Spent all day playing factorio
>Later have sex with gf
>Not really in the mood, she goes on top
>Can't stop thinking about conveyor belts, charcoal and efficient design while we do it
I'm not the only one right

get light engine, when ye get more shekels get some other cabin

I remember when I was a teen, playing minecraft for probably days. One time my GF woke me up in the middle of the night for sex and in my half asleep state, I couldn't figure out how I could get my dick in between her blocky buttcheeks.

Do you mean Sporeā„¢?

ded

only need 7 victories, how hard is that

Drones builds are safe bet, rocket and shotgun are high roller, double executioner is undefeated, everything else is useless

had cannon requirement, it was only ~2200 ps game. most enemies had purple guns anyways..

>purple drone
>white cannon
>??? PS
>a cannon game

wining a game is the hardest ting to do it Crossout

I only started yesterday and I can't stop, i'm terrible at it. My research takes forever and my setups are the definition of inefficient.
But shit is neato.

Did they fix 4 squad vs 4 squad matchmaking?

I bought it yesterday, big mistake, I had to get up for work this morning and of course I played way too late.

I'm having fun though, this satisfies my autism.

It may not be the most compact setting, it may not be easily replaceable, but at least it works.

And the iron to iron plate production line is easily expandable

Inserters can pull packs out of labs and into other labs.
Mixed/touching ore is bad.
1 belt of iron and copper will very soon not be enough, but a main bus is a good idea.

>Inserters can pull packs out of labs and into other labs.
Oh shit, never thought of that
It would have saved quite a lot space and we would not have ton of science packs lying around
>Mixed/touching ore is bad.
Where ? Iron and Copper are in strictly separated belts.
I plan to make the copper belt be mixed with Steel (going underground alternatively) because I dont have that much demand in copper (yet)

I have a bus of raw materials and a bus of intermediate products. Don't know if I should do one with the finished ones (Belt and Inserters, for now)

Same.

You learn from your mistakes. Try to plan a few steps ahead, for example the way I build the line of furnaces in it can duplicated relatively easily

I'm still very much bad at the game, but I don't do the same rookie mistakes as before.

I think he means the copper/stone patches, you'll have to filter shit if you ever try to expand your mining on that patch
Eh, you'll live