/ss13g/

Last Thread: **LINK THE LAST THREAD HERE ASSHAT** ok
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>new splash screen with cause epileptic seizures
>coordinal marmite is still a shirty server
>some people don't know bow to play a role?

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NjcdwY41jJE
youtube.com/watch?v=YKVmXn-Gv0M
youtube.com/watch?v=pQBYELea2EQ
i.gyazo.com/e7a04dc54f4d60d9b048ca85854b927c.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nth for Maya Durmon!

who?

Goodnight spessmans

space art is good

some doug north wannabe

>Cat in Spaceflight
The poor thing, I hope he never ventures into maint

>play security
>dont follow space law

should this people be jobbanned?

I remember watching a video of a cat in 0 G. His righting reflex fucked up and it just started to rapidly spin in place. Cats can't into space.

>Security means arresting people, not murdering them.
This should be reminded at roundstart.

youtube.com/watch?v=NjcdwY41jJE

Not really rapidly spinning, but rather spazzing out and trying to spin. Still funny.

Not to mention how they would handle the initial acceleration, or maybe they are just strapped in.

>not taking cats into space

>play engineering
>leave the engine to MoMMI

should this people be jobbanned?

youtube.com/watch?v=YKVmXn-Gv0M
Do we have this music on rotation on the lobby ?
Because it's a nice music

youtube.com/watch?v=pQBYELea2EQ

I forgot to post this after the round I took it in ended.
This is your security team for the shift. Enjoy.

Reminder that Plasmamen exhale oxygen.

More CM changes

I think we do.

>New CM server changes released
i.gyazo.com/e7a04dc54f4d60d9b048ca85854b927c.png
>"Xeno win rate supposed to be 75%, marines winning way too much lately"

Howd they die?

hey buddy, this public server is too big for the both of us

Their defib change makes a bit of sense
Currently defib can instantly brings you back from the veil no matter how long you've died

Ideally it should only be effective for, say, the first 10-15 minutes but it should be readily available everywhere on the station. But I don't think that's balanced or fun

"People said the SMG was rarely viable so we buffed it, by nerfing other weapons. Recently people have been saying the SADAR is underpowered, so i'm thinking we might need to nerf the other spec options."

>Ideally it should only be effective for, say, the first 10-15 minutes
CM already has a "defib timer" where after a few minutes of being dead people can no longer be brought back.
It also doesn't have cloning.

>It also doesn't have cloning.
But it has re-spawning, with a delay, right ?
CM isn't my kind of thing anyway, I prefer to help people and I'm unrobust as shit.

By the way, what are the do and don't of security ? I want to try it someday, to get better.

Do
>Follow space law
>Cuff as soon as possible
>Communicate a lot with the rest of the team

Don't
>Kill people
>Search people on green without a good reason
>Walk around with harmbatton in hand
>Ever go in close quarters when you have a ranged weapon

And the rest ?

sec fun is ruining other people's fun

>But it has re-spawning, with a delay, right ?
No. Once you die you'll only return to the round as a xeno or a response team.

And trust me, just being a working medic/engineer, being a packrat with ammo or dragging hurt marines with a roller bed for your squad medic helps the marines a lot more than 1 more shooter.

CM doesn't have respawning unless you're a Xeno, the server is heavily biased towards Xeno players to the point where the admins make a point of keeping the w/r in the xeno's favor.

>finally some time for ss13
>box round ends as i join
>bagel wins
>now meta won
I FUCKING HATE YOU
JUST LET ME PLAY ALREADY, IT'S BEEN LIKE THAT FOR TWO WEEKS NOW

I vote Deff when I'm about to leave the server just to piss off Boxies like you

>finally back from the oil refinery
>meta
WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

How have you not figured out you're in a timeloop yet?

Meta pretty much is Box, man.

>boxbabbies
your tears are delicious

Hope you cooked up some anal lube at the oil refinery because you're about to get fucked.

The game doesn't stop working when the map changes

where can i get the fart sound?

I like how the literal only reason to use any other map is to piss off people who like box.

One day, we will have a map that can legitimately compete with box. One day.

Get the arrest process down:
• block their escape
• chat macro explaining that you're arresting them, things are easier if they come along, yada yadda
• code green: macro, cuff, chase if they ran
• code blue: flash, macro, cuff, taze/chase if they ran
• code red: flash, stun, macro, cuff, take/chase if they ran

• note the time once you catch them
• drag them to Sec
• stash contraband (if they have a history of escaping brig, stash hacking tools etc. too)
• tell them what all they did (they *probably* know, but it puts it in the logs so admins don't have to BWOINK you)
• tally up their sentence while you do (only count the largest times from anything that happened together)
• offer them implants
• cell timer, subtract time elapsed since noted time
• if it's under 3 minutes, just let them go
• update arrest records, note if the were brigged redictivism a best
• return contraband (it's on them to dispose of it, or face further arrests)

Remember to update arrest records after searches, too. Being suspicious won't get you brigged, but it *is* a crime.

...and somewhere in all that, you should tell Beepsky when and when not to maul people.

>I like how the literal only reason to use any other map is to piss off people who like box.
No I vote meta because it's a good map.
And so is Bagel but only if it's high pop.

Deff is garbage and anyone who votes for it needs to be hurt in real life.

meta and bagel are legit good maps you're just a fucking autist that probably only played on 24/7 one map only servers for other games

>• return contraband (it's on them to dispose of it, or face further arrests)
I'd disagree with that, I think it's best to confiscate it and dispose of it ourselves
But I do see how that gets in the way of player's fun

Thanks for tips, now I need to know how to set up marcos.

They're good, and my only arguments for them being good revolve around everyone who disagrees with me being a box babby

Do:
Attempt to be the friendly neighbourhood officer and talk to people
SPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS
f l a s h b a n g
get at least some supplies incase of shit getting fucked
h a i l e r allows you to avoid macroing from Don't:
Be completely closed off to the idea of killing people, some people are absolute shitters or are a genuine danger to others
powergame everything possible like some kind of faggot
abandon your brothers in red
be afraid of flexing those spacelaw muscles if someone is being a cunt, you can really pile up time as long as you can give the reasoning to admemes if they brigged gets salty
also don't leave the shitters the tools needed to break out of their cell

MEGA DO NOT
trust silicons, remember the cam console can track borgs
be a little bitch, you can be much rougher than implies and still be in the clear
IGNORE SPS PINGS
REFUSE TO BUDDY UP IF SHIT GOES REAL BAD

>Guys, people will like the other maps if only they become familiar with them!
>Let's include weighted voting so trolls can vote for shit maps!
>Years later, people still don't like the maps.
>The shit maps still get only 5 votes max
>rigged vote gives it to them anyway so "people can get used to it

At some point, we have to acknowledge that being used to it is not the problem here.

All you need to know is there's a couple menus you have to right mouse click the title bar for.

I have never seen contraband returned on purpose, that shit gets left in the evidence locker
Rememberwhen processing big crims to check their PDA for messages and ID for extra access

The hailer to good when people start running. It's bad for explaining what's going on.

People like the maps only two autists screech otherwise

You can get rough but, chem abominations aside, they goal is to take people alive.

Actually, according to the votes, it seems a small group of less than 5 people like the maps, and are constantly screeching that the 30+ people who are not them are the autists.

Don't forget members of that small 5 person group admit to only choosing those maps to troll people. So the group of people who ACTUALLY like those maps is even smaller.

I like how people are so ass blasted they got corrected they made a meme out of it to try to damage control.

There's no damage control, you never see "bagelbabbies" or something they're all box autists who hate change and would probably DDoS the server if box got any changes

Pools are meanigless, we have about 20-90 players at any given time, which means let's say 200 regular players and you base your assumption on a pool of 35 ?

False flagging.

Map votes show favorite maps, not liked maps.
If people could vote for any number of maps, or voted AGAINST maps, you would have a clearer picture.

Hailer em to stop, if they run instead of listening you have free license to tase and slap on resisting arrest
if they have killed a fellow officer they get the stabbu unless they are good at arrpeee or otherwise redeem themselves / the officer deserved it

Funny how none of those maps ever, ever, ever beat box in a proper vote.
Nah, you call 'em bagel trolls, as nobody actually likes bagel.
Even now, the only people defending bagel do it because they are busy screeching about how much they hate the playerbase, and how everyone but them is scum.

Meta station is tolerable. Bagel isnt bad. Box is Box.

Deff needs fucking deleted, the mapper beat with a tar stick, and anyone voting for it needs spaced. The SOLE redeeming feature of deff is cargo centralized. Any other map design featuring that would be automatically better.

Even long-lasting pools are meaningless ever since we had people vote rigging that skeleton vote.

but I like bagel

>Box gets 53% of the vote
>it's 30 against 5 guys

It's pretty strong damage control. I mean, you literally never get to play your map in a normal voting scenario.
That is why weighted voting was added in the first place.nobody actually votes for those awful maps.

So you're telling me that even with years of coddling and forcing people, other maps STILL can't beat box in an honest vote?

>ability to vote against maps
But then nothing other than box would ever be played.

Order an RnD Stock Parts Crate from cargo. When you arrest a scientist, open it with their ID. Build extra cloners in the brig. You now have free reign to kill anyone.

Box is ok
Meta is ok
Bagel is ok
Deff is HORRIBLE
Never played Packed

there's a reason deff is only voted for by assistants and people who done for the night.

If box is NO ONE's least favorite map, what's wrong with going there?

Packed has a pretty obnoxious medbay. Still better than deff's though.

I don't care what gets played? I just state my like for other maps and vote for them. I don't sperg out that my the maps I like don't get played like some people here do when anything not box is picked

Box is a fine map. There's just a sizable minority who don't want to play it every single round and I'm on their side.

Powergay tb'h

If you don't care what gets played, you wouldn't be voting.
If you didn't sperg out when you play maps you don't like, box babby wouldn't be a term.

Honestly, I just want a map that is legitimately good enough to beat box in votes without having to get pity-rounds on weighted voting.

I don't sperg out against box though? I just vote for the best map, bagel when I can

>extra cloners are bad

While theoretically possible, the high prevalence of sperging about box babbies and the low numbers of people who actually vote non-box make it extremely unlikely you are being truthful.

In order of medbays, from best to worst:
>Box
>Bagel
>Taxi
>Packed
>Meta
>Deff

I'd probably prefer Bagel's medbay if I'd played it as much as Box's medbay, but at this point Box is just the vanilla flavour while Bagel is something else I really like that's not vanilla like maybe strawberry I dunno. Meta and Deff are both too spread out. Meta is less spread out (I don't have to run a marathon to get to surgery), but its chemistry is awfully positioned and the (only) entrance is in a small hallway (with chemistry)
Reminder that the Meta entrance used to have A FUCKING SHOWER WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS

>high prevalence of sperging about box babbies
???
It's the other way around. High prevalence of sperging box babbies and those are responded with boxbabby insults.

what scum

The prevalence of people sperging about their love of box is actually rather low, when compared to the population numbers of people who vote for box.
As opposed to the incredibly high prevalence of bitching about box babbies compared to the incredibly low population number of people who vote non-box.

Statistically, it is almost impossible for someone who votes against box to not be sperging out about box babbies.

Wheras with box, if everyone was bitching about maps as much as the guys who vote against box, this thread would already be at post cap.

Meta and deff medbays are both shit. Purely because they both have the same retarded narrow hallway entrance with the fridge right there causing everything to be a clusterfuck. Deff's is worse for being 2 (TWO) tiles wide, and having those dumb cryo firelocks.

can someone post the sprite for the 1000 credit chit?

What I love about Bagel is all the break rooms with Breweries in them.
It's comfy to grab a cup of coffee and go do some xenoarching, or take a quick break in the lull between WILD RIDE intensity and just sit back and relax.

>chit
hehehehe

Remember the meta shower

heehee
regina

That was dumb, but I always end up forgiving shit like that, since it's an easy fix. Kinda like packed having shit chemmachines, or Bagel giving to much plasma. Terrible layouts piss me off way more, because I know they won't get fixed. I'm not going to fix them, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Box is good but I wish someone would move that damn table already

you know which one

good job hachi

Lesson learned. Next time you're mine.

That was fun Hachi thanks for not just giving the succ

>entire sec department tells station borgs are compromised and sec is getting succed
>nobody does anything
>everyone acts all shocked when a deathsquad of security and robots comes out and fucks them
like, how dumb do you get?

>marines now throw pebbles instead of having guns
>crushers no longer take damage
>pebble pouches added to SL and spec vendors

Hachi is the vampire. We must unite to defeat her.

>her

Vampire rounds were a mistake

I tried doing something by arming Cargonia with the entire armory.
I didn't expect N2O to flood the shuttle and the cargo techies to be really really new. Like didn't know how to drop items new.
I still had fun with the cargonians, though.
Way too many thralls with subverted borgs, there's only so much someone who comes into the round 10 minutes before the round end can do.