Hi, I have $2000

What vehicle should I be looking for? I want 4 doors and I want to drive it at least 100,000 miles

Pic unrelated

Attached: 1517595988304.jpg (480x360, 12K)

Anything with a V8 or V6
Preferably american made

any car whose model starts with the letter C

Will a 2002 Ford ranger with 200k miles go another 100k if I take care of it

Did you try reading the fucking sticky we made just for these kinds of threads?

Well never mind on the ranger

He has $2K and wants it to go another 100k miles and you suggest a large displacement American engine?

Get an Echo. Those things don't die, even when you want them to. Slow, not a great ride, but reliable past the point of sanity.

I did but I don't know what $$-$$$$ means

1$ = 1000

3k civic
-1k in mods

meaning you remove 1k worth of parts and sell them

toyota corolla/camry
civic
non-v6 or manual v6 accords
4th/5th gen maximas

>He has $2K and wants it to go another 100k miles and you suggest a large displacement American engine?
Yes. Mechanical simplicity, low compression and high torque at low revs is a recipe for a long-lasting engine with minimal upkeep.

Attached: 4_6_engine_2[1].jpg (500x375, 58K)

Ah thanks. Guess the pic was kinda related

crown victoria

Don't expect anything built this millenium. Don't expect any features. Be prepared for shitloads of rust and broken stuff. Save you fucking money and buy something decent or be a poorfag forever.

lol dis nigga got a tiny head yo

And any one he gets for his price will have so many problems it will be cost prohibitive to actually use the thing. A Japanese inline 4 on a rust free body is going to be much cheaper to keep on the road.

The Yaris/Echo is perfect because it is so bare bones that you don't pay the Toyota resale tax. It is also so mechanically simple that it won't break.

>And any one he gets for his price will have so many problems it will be cost prohibitive to actually use the thing.
Stop pulling words out of your ass.

>A Japanese inline 4 on a rust free body is going to be much cheaper to keep on the road.
100% reliant on where OP lives. Does he live someplace that salts the road or has winter weather period? There will be no such thing as a well-running, rust-free car for under $2000, and the Toyota tax will absolutely still apply. Hence why it's sometimes better to look for domestic 'old person' vehicles- sedans, minivans, what have you with lower miles and not much wear and tear. At $2000 you don't get to pick and choose your ride, it's "what can I find that isn't an obvious scam and isn't held together with Bondo."

for $3k I bought a 2008 civic lx sedan 5 speed, 165k miles, bone stock, no rust.

pic related

Attached: IMG_5522.jpg (3264x2448, 1.96M)

Depends on the model. 2k is beater crown vic money.

Volvo 940, 960, 740, 760
7th gen civic
01ish Camry

Toyota echo
First gen Honda CR-V
Ford panther body car

S A T U R N