Guys am I retarded for having a boner for the R32

Guys am I retarded for having a boner for the R32

Attached: FF603067-E21B-4925-BDA7-A142DC902509.jpg (900x600, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7t6Tj6zdUcQ
tfaspeed.com/
rawbrokerage.com/
rightdriveparts.com/bnr32-skyline-oem-catalog/
japanpartsservice.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fZcr5sxHuNI&t=248s
youtu.be/fZcr5sxHuNI
japaneseclassics.com/inventory/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes. it's an overrated pigfat car with a glass transmission.

No not really. But if you get a chance drive one (preferably stock). its not all that impressive. but still a really cool car overall.

I can tell you're either still 18/19 or possibly underage for having a "boner"for a 25 year old japanese sports car.

but like I said, drive one. ignore the shitposts like this

Attached: SCBro R32 GT-R.jpg (3264x2100, 1.49M)

I’m 20 going on 21

I think my boner for the car began after I broke up with my last girlfriend. She really likes the R32 for some reason and I guess it reminds me of her and the times I used to have.

well act like it. While you may have not ever gotten close to drive a car like the R32 GT-R I guarantee its no where near as crazy as you think.

Using the term boner when relating it to a car you adore is childish.

Attached: 31624430830_6167cd9dcb_o.jpg (1600x1067, 1.42M)

no i want one so fucking bad even though it is a terrible idea

Yes

IMO that if i was to get a skyline it would be the R32 because it is the prettiest in my opinion, and I do want one. But I'm not willing to pay how much they are currently going for.

Attached: 15152913267_16750e948d_o.jpg (2560x1440, 2.68M)

My coworker has one with a SR20DET and it's slower than my 19 year old V6 Accord in a line.

I'm not sure if his setup is slower than what a GTS-T normally comes with but it's slow with the SR20

They're amazing cars. Incredible engine, classic styling, and racing pedigree to match. Nothing competes with a straight six.
youtu.be/7t6Tj6zdUcQ

Lmao

Nothing wrong with having a favorite car. However, it’s not some legendary superhero car like slobbering JDM fanboys make it out to be. At the end of the day, it’s another sub-300 horsepower sports car from the early 90’s, just like a Camaro Z28, a Mustang Cobra, a Supra turbo, or 300ZX turbo

Maybe not retarded, just very bad taste.

SCBro are you still here? Would you buy a gts4and spend the rest on mods or would you straight up buy a gtr?

they made 320 at the crank if you removed the factory boost restrictor plug

not scbro but if youre going to get a gts4, honestly just save up and get the GTR. the GTS4 is all the headache of the gtr with none of the coolness. id suggest getting a GTST type M or something and doing skids at every stoplight until the oil pump grenades itself

i hate skids, i want to touge/circuit race with it, drive it every now and then but mostly looking for a street car that i can circuit race.

if you want something that is right hand drive and imported get an S13. honestly i'd unironically suggest getting a 3k ef/eg civic. youre not going to want to beat on a GTR with the prices of parts. i love mine but there are times i wish i had something i didnt care so much about so i could beat on it and not give a fuck.

Attached: 28877205_10215293839362922_181152016_o.jpg (1601x1497, 332K)

I'm from Aus so parts won't be bad and RHD is normal. What would be better? s13 or r32 gtst?

If you're used to power, r32. If not, 13.

no matter where you are, there is a GTR tax on parts.
i haven't driven either so i can't tell you what is better

Sounds like you need a job upgrade so you an beat on it whenever. Thats what I did.

im a controls engineer and make plenty of money. that doesn't mean i want a GTR themed paperweight for months while i wait for parts and labor for a engine rebuild.

Attached: 28698978_10215283982796514_6655464229701277443_o.jpg (2048x1536, 925K)

not really, it dominated jgtc for 3 years and can pull 400-500 hp with nothing but a remap iirc
car can be amazing with a little love

i own an econobox but i want something faster that can corner.

yea gtr tax is probably what will stop me from getting one.

r32 has the sexiest taillights imo and best aesthetic. I saw a bunch at 2xtk last saturday and came every time

I understand the desire. I'd love to in one, but I couldn't possibly justify it. $25k+ for a 30 year old Nissan with extremely hard to find/acquire parts? Nah. Cool car, but not something I'd actually own.

People forget cars of that age can and will go through a lot of nickel and dime parts. Unfortunately, with a car that wasn't offered in the states, good luck finding those parts.

these guys are in the states
tfaspeed.com/

and so are these guys
rawbrokerage.com/

and these guys are right across the border
rightdriveparts.com/bnr32-skyline-oem-catalog/

and lets not forget these guys, they can literally get you anything lightly used. they sourced my basically brand new passenger recaro SR3 confetti.
japanpartsservice.com/

the problem isn't finding the parts. if none of the above mentioned websites don't have them, there is someone on one of the skyline usa owners facebook groups who does. the problem is GTR tax and waiting for the parts. it was a 10 week wait to get my passenger seat rails from recaro japan.

Attached: 28164451_10215151894414387_9069559533805191419_o.jpg (2048x1536, 965K)

why would you be retarded for that? One of the most legendary Japanese sports cars of all time, and for good reason.

I still wish the R33 had the same headlight setup with the indicators in the headlight cluster, it looks so much cooler.

yes

Attached: 23956285063_856c45edfd_k.jpg (2048x1365, 1003K)

Beating on it isn't going to blow your engine you dingle house. Keep some parts on hand, maintain it, and everything will be fine.

>he doesn't know about the shit tier oil system in the RB26

Shit tier oil system is the 32 block, 33 and 34 are good, Even then, build the cunt for double the power it will make and it'll last a lot longer.

I want one but I can't justify 25k+ for one. If I want to import I might just get an evolution III (I really like the look of it.) instead or just something that actually was released here.

It's my favorite car of all time but the tax is way to high when cars similar to it can be found cheaper.

Attached: DSC085591.jpg (4608x3456, 3.54M)

if you look hard enough you can find one for under $20k. But not less than $17k

Attached: r32gtr.jpg (1280x783, 712K)

STI swap an Impreza RS coupe or buy a R32?
Which is the better bad decision?

R32 for sure.

>However, it’s not some legendary superhero car like slobbering JDM fanboys make it out to be
It is however the car that single handedly brought global Group A racing to its death like slobbering motorsports fanboys make it out to be.

what similar cars can be found cheaper?
>rx7
same price
>supra
double the price
300zx
very slightly cheaper unless you are buying someones trashed sloppy seconds

the issue is the snout for the oil pump on the crank, the oil pooling in the head, and the shit baffling in the sump. even the series 2 rb26 longnose cranks shatter oil pump gears. the gears are sintered metal.

but surely it's fixed with aftermarket items?
Also i'd take a 32 gtr over a supra but not over a clean fd.

I'd love a FD but those things are approaching 50k+ in Aus. While the 32 gtrs are still 30-40k

Pigfat? Have you seen one in person? I have a gtst and the thing is tiny compared to modern cars.

>2018
>still responding the shitposting

would you ever recommend the gtst? i want a nice cruiser/circuit racing/touge/weekend/project car.

I have an economy car that does all of these but its lacking power so I need something faster.

for gtst/gts4 put an rb25 in it and strengthen up the 5 speed or 6 speed swap, s14 subframe to delete hicas, gtr seats, etc.

but idk what i want, gtst/gts4 or save for gtr.

compared to other cars in it's era
if your car commonly understeers it's either Fwd, Awd, or too heavy.

I honestly put the mark at 3100 lbs for pigfat. If it's above it I can't usually trust it to not understeer. Of course it's correctable but I'm just saying.

Putting in a new oil pump and oil pan baffles is pretty easy no need to ruin the engine first.

There are high quality spline drive conversions for the oil pump and full on replacements as well, plenty of oil pan baffle kits also.

>Rx-7
The FD is more expensive but you can find an FC for less than 10k no problem

>Supra
you can find a good A70 with the JZ motor for less than 15k

>300ZX
I've seen twin turbo 300ZX's for less than 15k, some in not perfect shape for 6-10k

The A70 and FC are comparable in my eyes since they were still produced during most of the R32's lifetime.

Attached: toyota-supra-1.jpg (1043x1400, 742K)

not at all op, had a boner for one for a long time finally bit the bullet and built my dream

Attached: 23734907_1905684643025193_5153259567429189632_n.jpg (1080x1080, 241K)

im pretty sure i follow u on instagram user if u arent bullshitting

thats sick, would you ever recommend a r32 gtr? i really want one but i don't think i can afford the ownership.

honestly it depends where u live, as im in canada it was really easy to purchase it, the only hard part is finding and insurance company that wont rape you for having an imported right hand drive car. Also I really recommend finding on in the area you live, as many of my friends have imported 300zx's, s13's etc that look clean on pictures but come into our city looking like trash. Currently there is no rush to get one, as soon the prices will go down, but if you're really fiending on one, I say you should go for it. Have a garage you can always store it in, good insurance, and don't go crazy on mods right away.

Attached: 26070336_168823766969019_8772087861580136448_n.jpg (1080x1080, 155K)

I don't believe it is yours and if it is, it is fucking ugly god damn. You managed to ruin what was an already good looking car.

Attached: 24597078837_7729a959b3_k.jpg (2048x1280, 950K)

I live in Aus so insurance won't be hard. I have a garage where I can store it but insurance will be a cunt since they always get stolen in Australia. only mods i want to do are reliability/drivability ones, nothing power wise.

thats fine, everyone has their own taste, i personally wanted something that would grab attention, when it was stock i would only get waves from ppl that knew the car. Also i built it to be a garage queen/show car to be honest.
Then you should go for it user, especially that you're in AUS, it should be really easy to find one, and if you dont find a good price you can always settle for a GTS-t. RWD fun for days.

Attached: DWWA9877841225.jpg (1080x1080, 284K)

they do look stunning, there must be something about the way the japanese design things to make westerners love them (not only cars but also the same way weebs are to anime girls).

Either way to each their own I guess, if you feel this way about a literal hunk of metal and rubber I suggest you take your shenanigans over to >>/d/ ya freak

>dropping the subframe and pulling the engine is easy
yeah ok. you buying?

there are but then you need to have your crank machined. personally im going to go n1 pump with reimax gears when i get to that point. on top of tomei sump baffle, mines cam baffles, and a catch can.

i dont think the A70 supra nor FC rx7 are comparable.

The widebody looks sick, it just needs to be moulded with the body panels instead of rivetted on desu.

It's easy to find them but they're approaching 40k+ for average ones, 70-100k for aus delivered ones. I was thinking about importing one, but would you recommend a gts4 over a gtst? I dont really like skids, i like going fast around corners so would the gtst still handle well despite being rwd or would something like the 180sx be the better choice?

They were sports cars selling in a sports car market at the same time as each other.

Where in Canada though? Somewhere in BC?
t. Ontario

thats cool. but the R32 was a kick in the nuts for mazda and toyota to create the FD and the A80.

Not op but a 300hp inline 6 with AWD should be pretty mean right?

Defintely better than any WRX in north america.

>i personally wanted something that would grab attention

disgusting. at least you're honest with yourself and admit you want attention.

Attached: 1516057709374.jpg (1535x1535, 1007K)

30 yr old car still has all 300hp? lol.

cmon man be realistic. but yes it would be more fun than a WRX.

personal preference user if the car makes you smile, its worth every dollar
in Quebec
haha thanks

Attached: k879845618+.jpg (1080x1080, 213K)

doug demaros did.
youtube.com/watch?v=fZcr5sxHuNI&t=248s

around 320 crank. 281 at the wheels. stock

I may as well ask here instead of making a new thread. There's a dealer selling a 92 GTR for under 17k. It's got 320,000 km and there's some rust on all almost the edges of the car. the front is pretty clean, it also has a brand new turbo. I wanna get it, but the millage and the rust make me want to pass. He said the clutch was replaced between 200 and 220k km. Should I pass?

I guess I shouldn't have said "easy" but its not like you have to rebuild the engine or anything.

Wouldn't the GTR make more to the rear wheels in normal use seeing as ATTESA-ETS only sends power to the front wheels if it detects them losing grip?

Also I'm in New England so I really don't have all that many options. the car was painted blue, but it needs to be repainted since there's a scratch on the side

Attached: r32.png (612x319, 423K)

If you have 17k to blow, youre like 70% of the way to getting a decently clean example. why not just save up a few more grand and get one that doesnt have 320k miles worth of ricefarts in the seat?

i mean, if you go spline drive, you kinda do have to rebuild the engine. or atleast take it all apart. and at that point you'd be stupid to not rebuild it.

the rear wheels shouldnt be slipping on a dyno though. unless you are making obscene amounts of power.

sounds sketchy, I know prices in different areas of the states can vary wildly, but there are importers in Seattle who have cars with half the miles and excellent body condition for like 22-24k.

Also if you do go for it check where the trunk meets the rear window this is probably the worst area for rust on the R32 and can be easy to miss if you don't know about it, the inner rear fenders are also a bad spot for rust as well as under the rear spats, and to top off the rust search the jacking points if used improperly can bend and open up the under door to rust.

the next cheapest option in my area is 28k, plus with this one I can just walk there and test it out
since I plan to pay with cash I hope I can get him to drop the price by another 2-3 grand. However I think I'll pass on it after seeing this, unless I can get a really good deal. I was also thinking of getting a 2001 2jzgE swapped gs300 for around the same price

Attached: r32 rust.png (494x393, 408K)

import one for 24k ish. don't worry about KMs, it's a 30yr old car but 320k kms you're going to expect it to be rough, maybe aim for less than 200k kms.

why dont you just buy one from another importer
i bought mine from driver motorsports. they are located in virginia. i flew in, test drove it, finished the paperwork, and drove it ~15 hours home.

For spline drive yeah, just replacing the oil pump isn't as intensive though, oil pan baffles are really easy though unless I'm missing something.

No.
You're retarded for askin'

For what you're looking for I'd say its the perfect candidate, I picked up a 4 door gtst for 9000 two months after they were legal. get a gtst for a pure rwd experience and gtst4 for grip. I know people who have swapped in SR20's here in shops if you're hesitant with rb's

Attached: 1518918144194.jpg (800x580, 59K)

does it handle well? I want something fun to drive and fast, more of a project car than a newer car. how well do gtst's handle on roads? im assuming not as good as a gts4/gtr how do they compare?

I have apexi coil overs that are pretty stiff as well as a sway bar, I have loads of fun with it on the back roads with my buddies. I drove my friends silvia and its very similar to the 180sx or 240.

sweet. i think a gtst will handle way better than my current car so ill probably look into getting a clean one. thanks guy.

You're right, I forgot about that as I don't know anyone who hasn't modded the oiling system at this point (or just runs a 20 or 25 due to cheep cheep)

I guess beating on it would actually risk blowing it in this situation v_________v

no you are very high test alpha male with excellent taste

Attached: 1519621586699.jpg (3637x2433, 1.61M)

>30 yr old car still has all 300hp? lol.
>cmon man be realistic. but yes it would be more fun than a WRX.

fkn idiot

youtu.be/fZcr5sxHuNI

>repainted blue
>scratch on the side

lol hard pass. Im in New England as well. You have plenty of options.

One of those options is buying from Japanese Classics LLC in Richmond, Virgina. It's only a few hours away.

japaneseclassics.com/inventory/

Give 'em a call or email them if they are going to get any R32 GT-R's soon

Attached: 31189168003_164fdc4c39_h.jpg (1600x1067, 370K)

You'd be retarded if you didn't.

Why not get RWD inline 6 perfection instead?

Attached: e34.jpg (1280x673, 511K)

That’s the place that sold user a $40K GTR lmfao

Please do not buy from Japanese classics. They are rip off artists when it comes to skylines. Buy from Driver Motorsports instead.