Dad cars

When I was born, my dad got the most practical car he could afford at the time. A LE Tercel Wagon.

It had 63hp and a driver controlled locking center differential to activate 4wd mode. We actually used it to tow a trailer.

He owned it for 13 years until he sold it. I still associate Toyota wagons with him.

What car so you associate with your dad?

Attached: comnat_1143125801_avant.jpg (350x263, 35K)

He died when I was a kid.

Attached: Toyota_Camry_Prominent_1988.jpg (1024x508, 128K)

C4 vettes
My dad had one a number of years after I was born and I have fond memories of riding in the back seat.

My dad built himself a clone of an L88 competition package for a 68 or 69 Corvette Stingray 427. It was an absolute monster, black hardtop with a 4 speed manual, a racing clutch so unforgiving that you had to basically stand on the pedal, and it had side exhaust pipes the size of grapefruits that you’d burn your calf on if you weren’t careful when you got out

grew up with my mom
she had a Daihatsu Charade
it was the bees knees, never left us stranded

Attached: Daihatsu_Charade_face.jpg (1024x768, 329K)

Literally this sexy beast, he would brag how it would get 24 on the highway

Attached: 1991-ford-country-squire-crown-victoria-ltd-country-squire-lx-station-wagon-1.jpg (640x356, 62K)

the car he had when i was born - 94 mazda 626 lx-v6 5m in white.

Brown Ford Econoline Club Wagon XLT.
Seventeen and a half feet of pure, unadulterated Dad.

Attached: 1983-ford-econoline-club-wagon.jpg (1500x938, 315K)

First gen Celica-Supra with the round taillights.

Toyota Land Crusier and the Geo Prism.

My Dad drove a Prism until I was six or so, my parents sold it and he bought a land cruiser and that Land Crusier is still with them.

24 on the highway is actually pretty good if it's a smog-dog V8. I bet it took about two minutes to get to 60 though.

mostly the fiero. he had one when i was very young and i remember being mesmerized by the speakers in the headrests. he also had a fifth gen buick skylark, an olds toronado, a triumph tr7, a lotus elan, and two saturn sc2s. before he died he was planning on getting a saturn sky. it's a fucking shame that i didn't get into cars until after he died. i miss the old man.

Attached: 3649570-1988-pontiac-fiero-std-c.jpg (1280x960, 98K)

She mosey'd, went over 190k before the AOD went to shit
He regrets not keeping it and fixing it

My dad had a red mk3 golf 5 door w/ 5 speed. The original exhaust rusted away, and being a vw meant that it was an expensive fix. He slapped a magnaflow on it for cheap. The cherry on top is that it had a K2 package. All's I remember are nicer seats in it though.

that's a "I cheat on my wife" kind of dad-car

my dad had one of these and a Fiero, also remember he had one of those Ford Scort gt's, then a Ford 150, Dodge Ram, Suburban, Cherokee and a Rodeo, the faggot has had over 30 cars in last 25 years.

Attached: 1987-mitsubishi-starion-modified-front-facia.jpg (2048x1360, 380K)

A very old (even at that time) Renault 4 with a bad clutch, a bad battery, and leaky brake cylinders.

The brake hose had to be clamped shut with vise grips so the rear brakes didn't function, and he had to rev match most of the time because the clutch was on its last legs.
Also there were no seatbelt so he would use super quick dad arm movibg at very hghih speeds maneuver when braking to keep me from flying forward.
And it had to start with a crank handle every morning because the battery was bad or maybe the dynamo.

He could have fixed all problems in a weekend and later I learnt he didn't so people wouldn't ask to borrow his car.

VK Holden Commodore Vacationer, he's only owned Commodores since, after the VK was a VN, then VS, VT and Currently a VF SSV.

Attached: VKCommodore.jpg (640x340, 50K)

A grey Nissan Laurel C32 with a grey interior and a lazy 2.8 diesel

Attached: 1448381528710.png (1589x895, 1.93M)

cadillac escalade.

He liked to hunt and camp. Didn't matter that he had 4 kids to haul around, just squeezed three on that little bench seat in the back and one on the center console. Lots of semi-fond memories sleeping in it on the way back from camping, getting sun and wind burned in the stupid summer heat and smacking my head into the side roll bar with the wheel wells digging into my side.

Attached: 86_CJ7_2.jpg (640x480, 81K)

I never knew much about my dad because he died in Iraq, but my mom says I was convinced in the back seat of a Corvette.

can't say for sure, but nothing about him was unfaithful. family man through and through.

2001 Ford Expedition, in fleet white. Shit never missed a beat for 200k miles and was a god-tier cross-country driver.

My dad had a fiero like that too. It was awesome. I honestly feel like the fiero is the ultimate "cool dad" car, everyone's dad had something like it back in the day

forgot pic

Attached: 1516503307931.jpg (1280x1302, 1.28M)

>Corvette
>back seat
user, I have some bad news.

Mine had a Toyota Celica coupe that he drove like most of you probably drive. Sold it at 300k+ miles then got an old 4runner which is now at 400k miles. The thing smells like shit when you start it up but it's never broken down. For these reasons I'll always be a Toyota guy, unfortunately I'm disappointed with their current offerings...

My dad had a purple Peterbilt 379 when I was growing up. He had various Jeeps and was really into offroading but got out of it shortly after I was born.
But I mostly being remember being regularly crammed into the back of a Dodge Dakota with my brother.

Attached: 1994-dodge-dakota-3.jpg (1600x1200, 156K)

Attached: 1490160663264.jpg (536x338, 55K)

Attached: 62_VW_Bug_DV_05_PVGP_01.jpg (1024x681, 115K)

Wait a minute, did your dad sell a Nova SS to buy that thing? Are.... Are you me?

He still has it, too. Hasn't been driven since the 90's. I'm hoping I can restore it with him when he finally fucking retires.

Attached: MG TD.jpg (769x527, 145K)

90s chevy truck

Was just a 2WD. I'm going to buy a GMT400 one day as just an extra driver. They're great vehicles.

Attached: ae3980b33fb597a2167e829ca0124e84.jpg (575x431, 44K)

I don't think I'm you. My dad refused to trade in his VW Rabbit and kept it as a commuter. It got smashed a few years later.

My dad drove this, a 1995 ford f150 xlt. It was an extended cab, with a long bed. 5 speed manual strapped to that 298 inline 6. It could haul anything, drive through anything, and you could put the pizzas In the middle of the front bench seat and dad would hold them for you when he wasn't shifting gears. When he shifted you had to hold the pizza boxes. He would let me shift gears for him sometimes. To try and teach me how. I grew up driving manuals. My first was that truck. I got too drunk, and pilled out one night. I ran it off the road and totaled it. The truck never let us down. I knew how to fix everything on it. It was more than a truck. It was like an old childhood friend. And I ripped the front axle off wrecking into a tree 6 years ago. My dad won't talk about it. And I haven't drank a drop since. I don't love my car or any car like I loved that truck.

Attached: 41890862-640.jpg (640x480, 52K)

This is what I'll always remember as a dad car growing up...it was pic related but light blue. We called it "The Rattler" because it had over 300k miles on the clock and it vibrated like crazy when it idled. My dad sells jewelery and he used it as his daily driver, driving all over Utah Valley and the Salt Lake Metro area to pick up merch from his jewelers and meet people for sales. I used to go with him on his errands and loved it, just me and my dad hanging out.

He drove that thing till it died. It sat on the side of the house for a year or so, and then he ended up selling it to some random mexican dude for like $200.

Attached: Honda-Accord-2.2-1993-3-1870.jpg (640x480, 64K)

My dad had a Camry and now a CMAX.

His interesting ride were the ones that flew.
>Took my pregnant mother to see Black Hawk Down the night after accepting an assignment as a special forces black hawk pilot

Attached: UH-1H-2.jpg (2542x1541, 1.23M)

My dad worked at a Ford dealership toward the end of his life so I associate various dealer plate Fords with him. The best one was a new Thunderbird Turbo Coupe he had once. That thing hauled ass.

mph?

My dad drives a white 1991 4wd Toyota Pickup. He bought it brand new in 1991 and has been daily driving it ever since. It's currently still completely stock and has 410k miles on the original engine and drivetrain. I grew up in that truck. My dad and I have gone on countless camping trips in it together over the years. I learned how to drive stick in it and I learned how to drive off road in it. It was even nearly totaled once when my dad was broadsided in it 15 years ago. When the day comes that he's gone and it eventually becomes mine I will never, ever get rid of it. Even if it's the only vehicle I can have. That truck basically IS my dad.

His looked just like this with before the accident. Now it's the same but he had all the chrome redone in gunmetal grey and the stripes removed when they repainted it.

Attached: 5a6f68ac3895f_1517101229f9f98764da8B35F28E-7512-4E80-8830-D1A0FB57BE69-e1517354729195-940x694.jpg (940x694, 129K)

The 95 pathfinder that he passed down to me, the early year rx8 that he bought after his fifth gen prelude.

Earliest I can remember my dad was driving a green V30 Camry. It was dependable but bored him.
He gave it in partial trade for a ‘98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 as soon as those were released, which is what I associate most with him. He always loved Grand Cherokees after that and we went through three WJ Limited models, which I learned to drive in. Recently he got another old 5.9 in flawless shape since he’d been wanting one again for years.

Attached: BEB5CA2A-1622-41EC-85ED-B434FC125630.jpg (1920x1276, 471K)

Since when did Corvettes have back seats

A Renault 4 was apparently my dad’s first car. It was a rusty, green shitbox when he got it but he liked that it was so easy to maintain.
When he moved to Vancouver though it basically just sat on blocks until he sold it because it was too inconvenient to drive there.

This was my dad's car when i was a child, fun fact i almost born in it in the way to que hospital, that's why i love these memewagons

Attached: SuzukiCarry01.jpg (1737x1220, 530K)

Even though it's long gone because it was one big electrical failure I'll always remember it as my mum's car because she was the only person in town driving a golf of this colour

Attached: 2000-Volkswagen-GTI-GLX-626x382.jpg (626x382, 68K)

They don't. Unless you're a bit that wedges himself back there and thinks of it as a back seat.

1997 Mercury Tracer in seafoam green
drove it for the first 10 years of my life

Attached: 36FD45AA-8C4B-4459-B1A4-945A37009BB0_1.jpg (800x600, 101K)

Toyota Corolla 1.3 XL
but in dark green

Attached: Toyota Corolla 1.3 XL.png (1286x329, 897K)

My dad had this when i was growing up. I learned how to shift gears while sitting in the passenger seat at like 8 years old

Attached: 220px-94_mitsu_eclipse.jpg (220x133, 9K)

Dad bought one of these in white right before I was born. He bought it over a mercury cougar and a BMW M3. He cited reliability, maintenance costs, and passenger space as the main reasons

Attached: toyota-camry-iv-[10498].jpg (1200x900, 167K)

he has his priorities straight

fiesta mk3 1.6
If you could pull out the mental image of a shitbox from my head it would be that car precisely.
In the last years of this car's existence some dumb hoe bumped him from the side and damaged the front-right blinker.
He just plucked the remaining bits of orange plastic shell and taped the whole thing with translucent orange scotch tape and hotglued it back in palce.
He was never the "i care about cars" type.

Grew up with my mom, She used to drive with me sitting on her lap in her orange 71' road runner 440 because car seats weren't mandatory in the 80's.

Attached: ebay1027063.jpg (1200x800, 144K)

please tell me you fucked

Mid-2000's F150's.

I grew up in the back of his 5.4 XLT Quad Cab. He loved that truck until a couple of gerry's wrecked it.

Now he has a Lincoln Mark LT which is basically the same truck but much glitzier.

I thought this was subtle bait, like pic of a C5 that rear-ended the trailer with caption "they found his head in the back seat."

Your dad had great taste. RIP.

Golf GTi in red, just like pic related. I think it was the first time my dad bought a car he really lusted after. He drove it til the wheels fell off.

Attached: golfgti.jpg (259x194, 11K)

70 gto's, A body's in general (preferably convertibles), and corvairs.

Attached: IMG_20171013_113123.jpg (4032x3024, 1.8M)

>he drove it til the wheels fell off.
So about 5 years?

Is your dad a nigger?

This is what he drove for a good long time, same color. He now drives a ‘14 camry in brown.

He also had a ‘79 Cobra and a Baja bug, despite not being a car guy

Attached: 383D1A99-6C95-4785-AE6C-BE42C1479955.jpg (1971x1088, 1.07M)

>What car do you associate with your dad?
Never met him, so I'd say El Camino. Maybe some other white trash GM vehicle. Guaranteed to let you down, ya know?

Attached: 1490195855493.jpg (1440x1872, 400K)

My dad had a 1975 280Z. I loved that car.
Straight 6, hubcaps (like pictured)
I was mad as hell when he got rid of it. He had 180k miles on it, but the clutch was starting to go and he didn't want to pay to fix it. Originally it was silver but he had it painted white.

I really wanted that car. It was super cool and totally stock.

Attached: 280z-e1434975476797.jpg (1018x642, 195K)

Diesel VW Jettas of any generation. Dad drove a silver 5-speed TDI for as long as i can remember until he sold it off around 2009, drove a company truck, then finally bought a 6 speed TDI brand new in 2011. Sold it back to VW last summer but any time I hear one of those 2.0L diesels I get all warm and fuzzy. Really miss those Jettas, my older brother owned a couple Passats as well so its just pure nostalgia seein one.

Is your dad mine?
>Bought the same car in sidewalk brown, still uses it as a DD with no problems whatsoever
>Had a Mercury Topaz right before