/vn/ - Loli slime Edition

Visual Novel General #1607

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/903437958354755584
exhentai.org/s/f92adfd21b/1106725-203
exhentai.org/s/2c9fc7c208/1106715-1040
exhentai.org/s/94f6e62bf5/1011358-362
exhentai.org/s/f5ed3c94a7/1011358-705
exhentai.org/s/9966b6c845/1011358-735
exhentai.org/s/ea23096380/674518-603
exhentai.org/s/5453da9bdc/917383-278
exhentai.org/s/1e36565a3e/636513-66
exhentai.org/s/edba7cc582/426970-742
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just a reminder that people who prefer Invention over the other parts are life-haters who want to embrace death and the false transcendent because the limits of their world are too small to embrace the Wonderful Everyday & the mystical Wittgensteinian silence of daily life.

Q: What are your top 3 favorite eroge?

SCA-DI: That's tough. How about three of my personal favorites, and my objective top 3 eroge ever?
Top 3 eroge:
1. Fate/stay night
2. Dokyuusei
3. CLANNAD

>>>/hgg/

I want to poke it.

just a reminder that subahibi is overrated, overhyped trash and if you enjoy it you should just fuck off

>tfw I was all ready and prepared to make my thread

you want a hug?

My 3 day weekend starts now. Did SakuSaku release yet?

lol

Isn't Wagamama's artist a woman?

t. life hater

>Did SakuSaku release yet?
I am sorry user.
twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/903437958354755584
You should have expected it though.

It couldn't hurt

I personally separate my life to pre-Euphoria and post-Euphoria periods, as reading it has completely changed how I view the world. It taught me to appreciate life much more (or rather in a different way) than I used to and also be more honest with myself. It may have a similar effect on you, or it may do nothing if it’s not your kind of thing, but one thing is clear — you’ve got to read it even if it’s the last thing you do.

My life has been an ongoing quest to discover life-changing works of fiction, and despite having gone through thousands of books, movies, games and the like, I have yet to find anything to even rival Euphoria. I’m honestly getting goosebumps just remembering it.

It was intentionally delayed

I'd actually be even less forgiving in that case, because a woman especially should know how to draw tits.

Is SP intentionally incompetent?

So... lewd...

I like lewd things.

Are you implying that japanese women have tits?

Man, I want to play this, but I know the drama will just make me angry and disappointed.

Wow! What a genius!

dobac is a mastermind

>because a woman especially should know how to draw tits

Not necessarily. Art doesn't work that way, women aren't inherently better at drawing women than men are and vice-versa.

And it's not like the tits are drawn poorly, they just all have the same body type. I'd chalk it up to general inexperience more than anything else.

Also this

It's really not that bad

Grisaia > Subahibi

Don't talk shit about Subahibi unless you can prove your IQ is at least 87% out of 100.

t. Life hater

HOLY SHIT.

Is the first half of Runa's route intentionally bad?

All moege is intentionally bad.
True masterpieces.

If you're happy im happy.

Is dies irae intentionally kamige?

Considering they came out and apologized for it I'd say no.

Objectively correct, which is why we got Grisaia way sooner than Subahibi.

>All moege is intentionally bad.
moege is the pinnacle of this medium y'know

its not that bad user, actually if you overlook the weak resolution its quite good.

do it for Rise, and then all the other girls since they are all great

Q: You have been working on eroge for nearly 20 years. Compared to when you started, has the overall process of creating the games changed? And if so, what are some things that are easier or harder these days?

SCA-DI: I feel like the biggest factor in the changing history of eroge has been the "moefication" of otaku culture. 20 years ago, the idea of "moe" was still new and not yet fully-formed, but over the first decade of the 2000s it really began to take shape. Everything about the "moe" style was borne from eroge, but that style was picked up by other media such as light novels and anime, and became much more widespread. In that sense, the eroge genre lost a fair bit of its distinctiveness. That being said, both now and in the past, works like Wonderful Everyday really wouldn't be able to exist as anything but eroge. Also, the eroge market in Japan is inevitably becoming smaller, and producing large, full-scale titles is getting more and more difficult. We really feel blessed, therefore, to be able to make huge games like Sakura no Uta and Sakura no Toki.

That just sounds retarded

but the whole route is bad

does that mean that Runa's route is actually a masterpiece and I didn't understand it?

no, it's another overrated trash hyped by JOPs

The second half is pretty cute and comfy

Once Yukino fucks off it's fine.

You're just too dumb to understand what SP is doing

I love childhood friends
especially Sumika!

Truly the kamikaisha

If Subahibi is really the literary masterpiece everyone says it is, then I await the gushing review in New York Times from a real lit crit

But is not...

>No one knows what SP is doing
>Not even SP

i think the big problem with extremely large breasts like that, particularly in the "animu" art-style, is that a lot of artists tend to make them just look like balloons. very large breasts [can] look pretty good, but you need to take into account their malleability, their depth, and their spacing. on all of these accounts, visual novel artists often fail.

keeping with the Wagamama example, take these images into account:
exhentai.org/s/f92adfd21b/1106725-203
exhentai.org/s/2c9fc7c208/1106715-1040
what we have here are balloons. they look like implants; stiff, hard, defying gravity. only the areola look good. boobs which barely change their shape from when they're holstered/unleashed aren't boobs at all, and there's a few instances of the art here where the shape of the breast barely changes from clothed/unclothed.

for a comparison, let's use Shigeo's latest visual novel:
exhentai.org/s/94f6e62bf5/1011358-362
exhentai.org/s/f5ed3c94a7/1011358-705
exhentai.org/s/9966b6c845/1011358-735

these are perfect cowtits. look at how they sink into the flesh and have weight. they're nicely spaced out, as a nice pair of boobs should be. simply put; they look soft as hell, like something you'd be able to use as a pillow. the non-malleable approach (ala Wagamama) works a bit better on average or smaller bust sizes, as it isn't as noticeable, but when you get to cowtit sizes the artist really needs to know their shit regarding boobs.

other good examples of well-drawn cowtits:
>happoubi jin
exhentai.org/s/ea23096380/674518-603
>sumeragi kohaku
exhentai.org/s/5453da9bdc/917383-278
>kiriyama taichi
exhentai.org/s/1e36565a3e/636513-66
>komori kei
exhentai.org/s/edba7cc582/426970-742

/autistic boob rant

Woah!

I'd still rather have dfc

desu i don't really care about boob sizes, but if they're large artists better know how to draw them.

faces > hair > hips > thighs > butts > boobs

This man is a man of taste

You need to calm down. You're right, but you need to take production value into account. Just in general that art is way, way fucking better than Wagamama's. Expecting application of physics to the cowtits when the artstyle is that cheap to begin with is retarded.

Also, again, it's not even that the tits look particularly bad, it's that all the girls basically have the same size tits and bodytypes in general.

This.

But with feet between thighs and butts.

DFC removes the issue of breast physics but if the artist is bad enough they can still fuck up and make the sexual acts look strange and awkward, like pencil penises, strange penetration angles, sex positions that defy gravity, and claustrophobic camera angles.

i'm calm, i'm just autistic

This, Wagamama's balloon tits fit the cheap art. The juxtaposition of high quality tits that conform to the laws of physics against that cheap, generic art would look even worse than it does now.

Nature of tits aside, I enjoyed WagaHigh. It was very cute

Toa's route sucked though and that was pretty disappointing

Kei best girl

>recycled faces

Wagamama is shit

i think this is a pretty poor point, because even cheap doujin artists with practically no budget at all can draw far better tits

maybe you might be able to make a better argument in regards to the style that it conforms to (generic moeblob art), but even then i can think of a few artists within that style which exhibit more talent.

we can go higher

I'm not saying it looks good, it's cheap as fuck. You can tell from a glance.

I'm just saying that if you changed the tits and made them look high quality and left everything else the same the entire thing would look even worse because of the juxtaposition. At least at the moment the art is consistently cheap.

maybe, who knows. i'd honestly have to see it to make a decision.

No, you shut up!

nice dick

why do they have so much garbage cluttering their twitter feed

it makes my eyes bleed, how can anyone use that website?

>for a comparison, let's use Shigeo's latest visual novel:
>nice tits but draws the blandest underwear known to man.

What a way to ruin it.

>underwear

clothed sex > naked sex

This. Clothed sex is more erotic than fully naked sex

Because they really want to sell their EVNs more than anything

Out of curiosity, does anybody know how those tend to do for them in sales?

Shigeo is a miracle of the universe. Just look at those tits and creampies.
Also Kana is a total qt.

>does anybody know how those tend to do for them in sales?
We had an EVN developer here one time posting some pretty concrete details about how terrible it is to work for them. I think in terms of sales, though, they tend to do mediocre.

Has anyone played Tantei Seven, by any chance?
Is it more visual novel or more eroge?

Same.

Every day I age is another day closer I get to becoming a faceless old man who gets his own former-osanajimi

WOW
A DELAY
NO WAY, FROM SEKAI?
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
THIS IS SO UNEXPECTED

Finally finished this shit.

As a whole it was fun, even if the routes were kind of a slog. Most of them weren't even worth the time it took to read them.
Girls: Amane > Ageha > Kotori > Yoru > Asa
Routes: Amane >>>>>>> Kotori >>>> Yoru = Asa > Ageha

Honestly at first I was a big Agehafag but Amane won me over in the end. Amane's route is like the only actual route worth reading really, and probably the best one to read last.

I was going to read it but my backlog is big enough, it doesn't seem worth the time. I'm only interested in Amane as well, and a bit in the cripple.

>reviewing machine translated moege
pleb

dont forget you'll get instant regeneration during sex and can make all girls cum in seconds

I refuse to believe you have more of these

>We had an EVN developer here one time posting some pretty concrete details about how terrible it is to work for them.
Is there anybody there that seems to like working there?

what if i play just for amane