I just bought pic related with 420,000km on it. for $9000 dollarydoos

I just bought pic related with 420,000km on it. for $9000 dollarydoos.

How did I do?

Attached: brik-26.jpg (1000x667, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-4runner/6520833901.html
lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/92-toyota-land-cruiser-4x4/6528738244.html
lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-4runner/6520792093.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEW5mh7iAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a 4.2 diesel with aftermarket turbo, lifted 5 new wheels winch awning full length roofrack rear drawers, 2 batteries with solar panel

Thank you for feeding the retarded used truck market.

Not bad. Good to see these old Landies still hold their value. I also still see them roaming the street too. It's just too bad the new ones are soft as fuck inside, I would love to have an old one again.

Attached: IMG_8889.jpg (1000x680, 132K)

christ

I'd fuck it

Keep the boost under 12psi or kiss your engine goodbye.

They use a precombustion chamber and really weren't designed for turbos.

Keep your oil changes up and it'll see 800,000 no worries cunt

Attached: 1515582383317.png (500x491, 117K)

>not a Land Rover

The 80 is a good car user but don't go fucking with the 1HZ too much, they run about 22:1 compression and their pistons don't get along with too much boost or combustion temp. The LSD fucked? they usually are unless someones redone them.

>>not a Land Rover

Attached: 26124634.jpg (1224x1445, 158K)

>The LSD fucked?

I'm getting rear lockers anyway so that doesn't matter

Keeping these things happy is more to do with AFR as opposed to outright boost. Plenty of these things running in excess of 20psi with various MMP, Munro racing and Gturbo combinations. Remember with diesels is a rich fuel mixture that creates greater combustion temperature, not turbo pressure.
Having said that if OP's 80 is fitted with a Safari or a DTS turbo, he'd be doing well to keep the fuel and boost on a much more mild level, as they're shithouse laggy units.

>260k mile toyota for $9k
the absolute state of toyota fags

It's actually a good deal for a good machine.

Miles dont matter on some cars if they are well build and properly maintained

>yfw GM fangirls think 260,000 miles is the end of a vehicle's lifespan

Attached: man-laughing-loudly-300.png (300x300, 108K)

That's breaking in miles for a Toyota. May be a different story for your mom's minivan.

thats sexy landcruisero

Do you kangaroo fuckers get rust? I dunno if it’s in your salt air or in your sand or anything.

That would be a good deal in USA because those things are always rusted to fuck.

Fuck you poorfag

>Do you kangaroo fuckers get rust?
Not as much as you confederate kissers. Our trucks are a bit more prone to rust on the coast with salty air and a lot of our 4x4s see a shit load of time on the beach, but most owners wash their cars thoroughly underneath anyway after each beach trip.
Even then, our salty coast line isn't anywhere near as cancerous as your salted winter roads. I feel for you guys.

This.

I have a 60,000 mile bush wagon that doesn't have a single component that is not faulty in some way.

paid 4500 for mine with 189000 on it
triple locked too :}

Have 250kkm Hilux, everything is broken on it.

I've been looking at getting an older land cruiser to use when my brz can't get around (snow, etc). What are maintenance costs like when you are I the 200k miles range and how many more miles would they usually have in them?

might be a good thread to ask this, but which of these 3 should I buy?

here are the 3:
lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-4runner/6520833901.html

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/92-toyota-land-cruiser-4x4/6528738244.html

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-4runner/6520792093.html

Fix your shit.
They can run indefinitely. Presuming you're Stateside and you've only got gas fueled J80s, the 1FZ is good for at least 300k miles provided it never overheats. There are suggestions out there that the 1FZ can suffer from head gasket wear in a similar (but not as bad) way to the old 7M-GE, but I haven't really seen evidence of that here in Aus. Usually they'll last until the head is removed for a rebuild or they fail if it overheats.
Other than that, make sure steering and suspension is maintained and aligned, and then its similar to inspecting any other car.
For me, I pick the Landcruiser and set aside a bit of time to wrench and fix anything that pops up.

I totally understand intake snorkels... but if the water gets THAT high up your engine is the least of your worries.

>aftermarket turbo
This always caused me to immediately go to the next ad. Maybe I shouldn't be so dismissive of it?

How does turbocharging affect the longevity of these engines? I'm more interested in buying a Troopy, but old Toyota diesel is old Toyota diesel, eh?

I think part of the reason for mounting the snorkel so high up is also dust. Australian dust is fucking crazy. I could be wrong though.

Water over the hood isn't uncommon if you're in the Kimberly, Northern Territory or Far North Queensland. If water's going to be over the hood I'd want as bigger room for error as possible to account for unforeseen dips and the like.
How does turbocharging affect the longevity of these engines?
Depends entirely who's tuned it and what sort of turbo has been used. If it was just cobbled together by the previous owner with an eBay turbo and a couple rotations on the fuel screw, I'd be cautious and budget in a nice highflowed CT26 or TD05 from a reputable company (MMP is one of the go to mobs) and a good tune (being a sand groper I'd go straight to United Fuel Injection or Reaper Performance Diesel). As long as it's not running rich under too much load, the impact on longevity a turbo has is negligible.
>I'm more interested in buying a Troopy, but old Toyota diesel is old Toyota diesel, eh?
If you're looking at 70 series, try aim for a post 1990 where they introduced the 1HZ. It was leaps ahead of the 2H that replaced it. In 99 the 75 series was evolved into the 78 series which scored a coil front end and stronger axles in the rear diff.

Yeah I'm just saying though. If the water is over the roof line you've either unrolled the windows and abandoned the vehicle or you are about to die.

Well, no shit. They're not designed to literally ford a river that's deep enough to sit at the bottom of the snorkel.

No, you're right it's dust.

It is for most gas vehicles. OP bought a diesel

Only if it's got a cyclonic pre-cleaner fitted. If it's a scoop like OP's fitted it'll have no difference on dust to the factory location.

It sure as shit will, the factory pickup is in the wheel arch which is a fucking atrocious idea.

owner of 2 FJ Cruisers here, one has 340,000km and is still going strong, original water pump and timing chain too

GM vehicles are trash.

AFR is only a very partial answer user, 18:1 at 25psi and 18:1 at 12psi equal massively different combustion pressures and heat load on the pistons and that is what kills 1HZs in stock trim.

Also I can't even count how many engines Graeme has killed with his setups, they do make good grunt though.

>Did this after visiting the beach in my W250 since I spent weeks sanding the frame down ad underlining everything so I want to keep it 100%
>Boomer normie and 4-5 of his grandkids are outside and notice me crawling under the truck rinsing it with a hose
>Wow that's really weird grandpa.
>yeah he's nuts. he's always crawling under it.
reeeeeeeeee

It's so if you hit a dip that's way fucking deeper than you thought the engine doesn't grenade so you can back out. you aren't driving through it at that depth.

My FJ's transmission shit the bed at 100k

Nothing man made is perfect

>Still miss my FJ
>Never got stuck
>"What's a speedbump?".webm

All 7m engines had incorrect torque for the hg. Never was resolved at the factory and no recalls.

How common is that from manufacturers though, known fault, it'll be right.

Look mate, only kids call a Cruiser a Landie. Landie referred to a Land Rover before the Cruiser existed.

>420,000km
>$9000

Attached: 93217598435.png (368x447, 385K)

9k is pocket change here but

it's a lancruiser. they sell for over 15k with over 500,000km on them

It shits me how many backwards retarded millenial bogan refer to Cruisers as "Landies". Trying to keep up with the other fuckwits with their Holden Collies, Nissan Trols, Toyota Luxxies I guess.

How did you even manage that? Was it the manual tranmission?

Hmm, in Aus that's just standard after a beach run.
>AFR is only a very partial answer user
>18:1 at 25psi and 18:1 at 12psi equal massively different combustion pressures
This is very true, but I guess what I'm trying to say is the old fashioned idea of pic related is as much of an oversight. Although for reasons you've mentioned it usually takes an well accomplished diesel tuner to achieve reasonable AFRs across the rpm range and load spectrum, especially when varying throttle applications and boost curves are taken into account. Having said all that, I haven't ever come across anyone playing with boost and fueling who hasn't fitted an EGT gauge which really is the last word in whether your diesel will suffer premature failure. Plenty of cowboys applying coon tunes with the idea "my mate's Croozah runs 25 pound so mine should too" that come unstuck.

Never had anything to do with Greame's tunes specifically, but he seems to build the best 1HZ/HD turbos in the business. As I mentioned before though, I think I'd go straight to United Fuel Injection if I was going for a tune.

Attached: 25398864_1979947825663066_246525989460482470_n.jpg (480x683, 46K)

I don't think theres any car thats worth 9k with 420k kms on it.

True. Perhaps you can find me a turbo diesel Landcruiser with 420k kms for less.

To be clear, whilst I agree with you, this isn't a turbo diesel Landcruiser, different engine and gearbox. This is an NA Cruiser which has been turbo'd.

Actually that's a good point. I forgot the HZJ80 was hamstrung with an R series gearbox. Even the HZJ75 got the H55 and the petrol FZJ80 got the god tier H151.
Hilux gearboxes have no place in Landcruisers.

Should've unlocked the secret god like Sand crawler for 2k, the Subaru Brumby

Attached: brumby me.jpg (960x540, 91K)

2k? Gonna be pretty fucked for that, Brumbies and Tercels have held a premium for years.

Post pics of rods though the block when you go for more power, also see cowboy tuned

I daily a tb45 gq thats on original motor with 800k or so km (oddo stoped at 793)

Post 2000 fj or fj 20/45

I picked one up unrego for 1500 with tagas only at 126000 km

>tb45
>gq
>original motor
Pick two.

>80-Series Land Cruiser

Attached: cropped-1510265594086s.jpg (1200x1298, 137K)

>when you go for more power

I already have an r33 skyline. I want the landcruiser to be slow like a truck. I'm going to get the turbo tuned as low as possible

Yeah it'll be a TB42 and he just got mixed up.

>calling a land cruiser "landie" rustles him

xD

What other vehicle would you suggest that can off road, is reliable, has room for cargo or passengers, and is $10k or less?

Unregistered, yeah unregistered shit tends to be cheap.

You coulda had this for 2500 and still have 250k miles left in it

Attached: IMG_0733.jpg (600x450, 84K)

No he couldn't have.
And even of he could've, there's no reason buy a crappier vehicle if OP could afford a better one.

I'm not an Aussie and that place is pretty fucked in the head so I don't know. In north America you'd pick up a run of the mill GM pickup, throw on a hockey puck lift, some meaty tires and raise hell. Spend the other $4k on beer and party favors.

Why are North Americans so obsessed?
>I don't know what I'm talking about, but others are fucked in the head
lol
>Spend the other $4k on getting mugged at gun point

But the Yukon is both better and cheaper...win win. This must be why the USA/Canada rocks

This guy gets it! (By party favors he means hookers and c..,,)

Yeah, nah, you're retarded. He's right. Spending 9k on something with 260k miles is fucking stupid.

>But the Yukon is both better and cheaper...
No it isn't.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEW5mh7iAI

This user thinks we are all going to leave Veeky Forums, go to YouTube, watch his video, come back to Veeky Forums, and post our agreement with his argument. But we are not, because we already know he's an idiot and we are already on Veeky Forums and already in this thread and already posting what a stupid fanboy he is.

>canucks trying to ride america's achievements
you terrance and phillip motherfuckers crack me up

>t. watched the video and is asshurt

>Having said that if OP's 80 is fitted with a Safari or a DTS turbo, he'd be doing well to keep the fuel and boost on a much more mild level, as they're shithouse laggy units.

Not sure what you mean here, Safari used to run a T3 which was fine on a 4.2 and DTS uses a TD05 16g small which isn't remotely laggy.

The current gen Safaris are retarded though as they're using a TD06 16g large which is way to big to be useful on a 1HZ and some giant Safari cast turbine housing and for some reason still have the light duty thrust installed. I wouldn't put the boost response of either of the first turbos in the ballpark even as the latter one.

No, busy saving money and enjoying a Tahoe

>buying an asset that depreciates instead of one that doesn't because of it's cheaper initial price is saving money
You'd make a great investment banker.