/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #549

''Classic Chloe'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13590316
strawpoll.me/13590327
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
skidrowreloaded.com/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-episode-1-steam006/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I miss Max

Can you not post Kate for once, I know you're not a bot you can stop projecting

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Chloe comments on how Rachel and Max have the same body type. Why isn't Max more popular and I thought Rachel had actual tits?

It's called tradition, motherfucker.

Agreed. Kate isn't coming back and she was never important. Fuck off already.

I like how these newfags act like they own the place.

Chloe + Max = OTP

Kate sucks

Before the Storm is Chloe telling Max her story and about who Rachel was. Sometime after everything, Chloe and Max sit down and start talking about the past and Chloe gives Max all the letters she wrote but never sent. Max gives Chloe her diary.
By the end of it, Chloe has gotten everything off her chest and told Max everything, Max has apologized for everything, and Chloe tells her not to say sorry about that anymore.
Hearing the details of the story are what also hits Max with the realization about what the storm was, so she goes back and saves Rachel to stop the storm.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Lisa went to Blackwell just like her mother! I bet she was a good student.

If you don't like to see best girl posted you can kindly leave.

It seems that BtS has properly immersed you in the character of Chloe then.

How can Kate be best girl if she's dead

You can ask the same question about Chloe.

Just out of curiosity, were there more endings to the D&D game?
I finished it with Chloe's character dying and Mikey's character losing his legs. =kek

I really loved that. I saw the person who wrote the scene asking for feedback on Twitter and it was an awesome addition.
I could totally see Warren DMing a session and Chloe joining in with Max and friends.
Now I want to see some fics after the storm and everything where Chloe is still inc contact with some of her friends from Blackwell. Mikey, Steph, Samantha, and maybe even Eliot.

EVERYONE. STOP. ARGUING.

Max is #1

Alright, so for anyone who has played Life Is Strange episode 4 they would know that Mr. Jefferson says that the Dark Room was paid for by the Prescott's and that's how he got all the high end equipment and drugs. But I realized something when talking to Miss. Grant in Before the Storm. So when talking to her she says the the Prescott's made a "generous" donation to the school but that all of the money went to the Art portion of the school. Could this mean that Mr. Jefferson could be in Before the storm. And that all the money that was donated by the Prescott's was actually used for the Dark Room instead of actual art? I think this theory is 100% plausible and I wonder how it will effect Before the Storm.

>bayfags don't want Rachel to have powers

POETRY

>Could this mean that Mr. Jefferson could be in Before the storm

BtS devs already confirmed that he isn't going to be in the game since he hasn't arrived in the town yet.

Where were you in 2010?

While a lot of people probably recognized it right off, the symbols in the train have an actual meaning. They're called hobo code, a pictorial language used to subtly tell other homeless people about a house or area. Due to the informal nature of the language and lack of any governing body, not all of the meanings are perfectly understood (hence the many parentheticals).

Casa Grande

not safe, man with gun here, cowards here, easy mark (has been colored in; this doesn't appear to have a meaning), beatings here

Unity

don't defend yourself / no need to defend yourself (probably; this is an upside down "defend yourself"), authorities are alert (there is some disagreement on which configuration means "are alert" vs "aren't alert" but the consensus is that this version means "are alert"), bad neighborhood, beware of dog

AuroraGeek

don't defend yourself / no need to defend yourself (same disclaimer as last time), food here, this symbol varied based on area but typically meant either bad roads or tramps here, you'll be cursed at

But Rachel was in love with him.

So I was wondering what kind of thought process everyone goes through when making decisions in this game. Do you keep to your own moral code and decide as if it were you in the game? Or do you try to get into character and see things from Chloe's/Max's perspective and do what you think they would do?

Personally in BtS I played from Chloe's perspective as best as possible. Trouble is, almost everything I know about Chloe is from a sequence of events that hasn't happened yet (LiS) so I found it difficult to separate that Chloe from this Chloe. So future Chloe definitely influenced more of my decisions than i would have liked. I feel an immediate replay through coming on with BtS.

Everyone other than Chloe, Max and David, Mr. Jefferson in Arcadia Bay dies if you save Chloe.

Rachel was with Frank before him. Not sure when the Rachel and Frank thin started though.
BtS has solidified for me though that Rachel and Chloe were not ever girlfriends. Not with how Rachel reacts to cheating and that meaning she would be cheating on Chloe.

Very interesting.

I tried to do a little of both. Since learning the game was Max was a new experience, I was doing what I would do at first until I learned who Max was.
With the prequel, I was trying to be like Chloe but with a bit of a conscience.
I wasn't dicking over random strangers and I was nice to people who deserved it like Joyce of the people around Blackwell.
Kind of surprised that David seems like such an asshole no matter what you tied to do. I can certainly see why Chloe disliked him until the very end of S1 if he was acting like that the whole time.

That Samantha girl is pretty nice. I felt bad she shied away from speaking to Chloe after thinking she said something wrong. I hope we can talk to her more in later episodes.
Chloe will need to introduce her and Max at some point in the future.

If Samantha was in Arcadia Bay and Max chooses to save Bae, Samantha is dead. Sorry.

Oh well. Chloe > all.

>More "everyone dies" Bayt
All this effort and no one's biting.

Really? That sucks walrus dick. The death toll was never all that clear.

How long until some extremely dedicated and telented make a huge group picture of all the characters from both games? Or at least the protags and their friends?

No, not really. There's absolutely no proof of it or that those characters even remained in Arcadia Bay after gradation from Blackwell.
The death toll from the storm is never even hinted at so it's totally reasonable to say most survived, especially when you see how seemingly little damage was done. And even if people did die, it's not anyone's fault. That's just how tornadoes can be.

She kills a dog. Into the gas chamber.

It's true! Lisa's a very smart and well-educated young lady.

Actually it is Max's fault.

If she goes back and lets Chloe die, the storm never comes and EVERYONE lives. No one who refutes this has a brain.

Who cares

I do

Aktschully, it would be the fault of whoever gave Max that power in the first place. Or Rachel caused the storm.
Even so, you'd have to be a bonehead to see everything Max does and then conclude "Chloe needs to die in a specific moment to stop this"

So nobody answered me yet, when is episode 2 and 3 coming out? I ain't waiting until Halloween or Christmas to play the next episode

No one knows yet. I saw someone saying they were aiming for an eight week release schedule but there was no source for it.

January and May

Why January? How do you know?

What did she mean by this?

>Max had a vision of the tornado before doing anything
>storm was there even in timelines where Max never used her powers
>Nathan/Prescotts also had a vision of the tornado
>numerous hints in BtS/S1 that the tornado might be linked to Rachel and possibly she also had powers

>Storm is Max's fault

Nah.

what the fuck is max's problem? holy shit

Episode 2 is probably coming next month.

What the fuck?! That is the exactly conclusion Max comes to and you and you're riding me about it?! When she realizes using her powers to save Chloe triggers the continued use that lead to the storm, she has to choose. Bae or Bay. What don't you understand about that?

She meant

>I am hella gay

They want to keep you playing each episode as long as possible. If they released them like normal weekly tv specials, BtS would be forgotten pretty fast.

Max had the warning so she could stop before she used her powers to destroy the Bay.

No, Max's conclusion is that she broke time and possibly caused the storm. Nothing she says suggests that she could go back and fix it.

Max has the warning before the gets the powers and she sees the storm coming in every timeline regardless of if she saved Chloe from the bathroom or if Chloe is dead from some other cause.
Across all the timeline variations Max visits, the one constant is the storm that's coming at the same time in all of them. The other only constant is that Rachel dies.
If the lesson of things really was for Max not to use a power then she wouldn't have gotten any and Chloe would have just died with nothing to stop it.

>episode 2 Next Month
Sure thing, the live action will air next year too!
I swear you have reached delusional level I can't keep up with

He doesn't, Ep2 will be out before December

>live action next year
wow I'm so excited.

>will miss ep 2 and 3 and bonus because ill be going to boot camp and then the school of infantry

Honestly even if they managed to convince me that Max's power caused the storm and that everyone in Arcadia Bay would die (They failed to do either), I still would have saved Chloe.
It wouldn't be right to let her die like that or to leave Max alone with that knowledge. It would have sucked, but as long as they have each other they would have a chance at healing. But we all know the storm wasn't Max's fault or even that bad, so it's a moot point.

Didn't BtS devs themselves said that they want to keep a 4~7 weeks release schedule?

If folks like you think that way then what is the point of the choice you make at the end of Episode 5? The story happens either way with your logic (yet it doesn't happen canonically if you let Chloe die) so why does Max think she has to choose?

So fucking stupid I'm shaking.

>school of infantry
Why would you ever go do something like that? You're not going to get "bypass your death by artillery fire"-card when you become an officer, lad

>storm wasn't that bad

People fuckin' died.

And it was Max's fault. By not using her powers she can save the Bay at the coast of her Bae.

Like, these journal entries are framed as letters to Max, right? Chloe's a bit of a weirdo if, in her head, she's keeping Max informed about her masturbation sessions.

I agree with all of that. I thought everyone was going to die when I made the choice and I accepted it. But as it turned out most of the people could have survived and since nothing will ever prove otherwise then that's how I see the storm. Comparing it to ones of similar damage that occur in real life.
It was something beyond Max's capability to control and the gamble to possibly stop it had way too high of a Price to consider trying. No one can blame Max for not killing someone she loves as part of some coin flip.
This new angle with Rachel introduces yet another point of doubt.

Did you even play the game?

Pretty sure they said it was more like 8-10 weeks. I think there outright said that they learned from Dontnod to not promise anything too soon.

Kate is an uggo

Because every Marine goes to the school of infantry regardless of their military occupation.

In fact, I didn't. That's why I asked.

You can stop now and fuck you very much for using one of my favorite Pricefield images for your shitposting.

>By not using her powers she can save the Bay
Impossible for Max to be in a timeline where she did not use her powers. The butterfly photo Chloe offers is a copy that was taken after Max had already changed things with her power.
>the coast of her Bae
Unacceptable. For just the cost of your own life, you can save numerous other people with your organs.

probably a marine

Chloe says in her "journal's" first page that she's never going to send them to Max

OOH RAH DEBUL DOGD :D

Chloe starts using a diary as her way to communicate with Max in an imaginary way. She's writing things to Max she knows she won't send but it helps her feel like she's venting.
She also says one day maybe she will give Max all the letters, which I think would happen sometime later down the road.

Oh, you're an american? Guess that explains it then, I know nothing about US Army or USMC. I expected school of infantry to be an officer school of sorts, not just bootcamp 2: electric boogaloo

skidrowreloaded.com/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-episode-1-steam006/
is this torrent legit?

No.

Yes

>Pirating
Why don't you support your game developers, and don't give me that cheap excuse saying you're poor, your survive for that long you must have money to buy it

>People fuckin' died.
There were casualties yeah but nothing suggest that everybody was killed.

>And it was Max's fault.
There is still, to this day, not 100% proof that Max caused the tornado, especially when we look at the cut content implying the Precotts too received powers or had the gift of foresight and knew the tornado was coming.
And now with BtS release, it seems like Rachel might have powers after all which suggests that Max isn't the only one who can ''play'' God.

fuck off moralfag

It's a sin to say bad words. But I don't mind, I won't be the one staying in hell for an eternity

Does Kate keep Vicky warm in bed?

If that's not enough then Alice snuggling with them Kate should provide enough warmth

Kate is ded, how many times do I gotta tell you, are you new here? Go back to school already so you can learn how to read

If it is then its just more proof that drm is a waste of time and money.

no

no

Thanks, I'll send that link to square enix and let em know which torrent to track

I just finished the first episode. I did it at a fairly leisurely pace at about 4 hours, in one night. Now we have to wait for one more night of playing a game in a month or two. This is just really frustrating and a pretty messed up way to release a game. In the original, there was or at least felt like there was a lot more meat to each chapter and there were five chapters. I might be able to swallow this being released in episodes if it were also 5 of them but 3 very short chapters just sucks and I think it should have all been released together as one complete game.

The plot that we get makes this feel like a weak story - rushed and took short - but might not have been quite so bad if the story continued after the forest fire. It felt like there was finally some meat happening and boom, game is done. They should have expanded on the personal interactions. Given us maybe some time with Chloe and Rachel in class and/or around more of the school. More things like the D&D game, which was a great way to introduce two characters, took up gameplay time in a fun way and broke up the game into something a little different for a short while. Once the train ride started everything felt like it was going by so quickly.

I really hope the next two episodes make up for it because they had some very good parts of the game but it could have been a lot better. Maybe I wouldn't think this as much if it did not stop so abruptly but as a stand alone game (which is what we have at this point) I think it could have been done a lot better. Good thing I love the series because I will still be buying everything else coming up but if this was a new game without the history of the first game which is one of my all time favorites then I would have to consider if I would be getting the next two episodes expecting more rushed story through a small portion of one night playing each of them.

lmao you cuck nobody cares there are shitton of posts and links on crack subreddits and other forums

>trying this hard to rationalise your poor behaviour

>He goes to leddit
Well that explains all the shitpost ever since bts came out
So how does it feel to rob money that's supposed to fund season 2? I guess you guys really want another shitty ending like season 1 because of lack of budget