Why are cars so fucking boring now?

why are cars so fucking boring now?

Attached: serveimage.png (2110x1913, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LKCrOLcDbjE?t=13
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you grew up

cause you can't afford the fun ones.

it seems like most cars were distinct before the 00s, now everything just look the same

citroen's C4 looks different

Sounds about right. :(

For each year cars have always looked almost the same, and econoboxes have always been boring. The only reason you prefer the look of older cars is because you're saturated by the sight of modern cars, and older ones are simply different, not inherently better. No one in the '80s ever said "I WANT A COROLLA".

Attached: 1429142093001.jpg (640x1920, 247K)

early 2000s french cars are beautiful
desu i like rodgemobile and same era benzes too, benz really stepped it up in late 2000s.

DELET
I could afford the older ones, but life gets in the way.

Bush and Obama using CAFE to completely cuck the auto industry.

New cars are just bloat, not styling. I prefer the old shapes.

its all been done.
also, realizing the only real worthwhile "value" in a motorized vehicle is for its utilitarian purposes (practical uses)
everything else about cars is just childish distractions and a way to jew you out of your hard earned cash

Because carmakers are increasingly listening to the demands of numale techies.

Full electrification and autonomous driving soon, you toxic shitlord.

Pandering to normies with 9000 different FWD CVT cuckovers, and abandoning anything fun or sporty to make room for said cuckovers. They're maximizing short term profits with sales of cheap shitty numb boxes instead of building brand loyalty and interest with a halo model to get people interested and into showrooms.

Things are the other way round now. The halo models are made from the cash released by selling a million easy to make crossovers, rather than used a hook to get people into showrooms.

Attached: 2018-toyota-supra-spy-photo.jpg (1920x1080, 756K)

Old cars were similar for sure but you're not doing much by using rebadges/shared platforms with shared bodywork or glass as comparison. Might as well bitch about a late model Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis looking the same at that point.

>blocky cars of the 70s and 80s where everything looked like a a cheese wedge
>style
Wow, just wow.

Also, in that era Lincoln-Mercury was literally a joint division at Ford, you're comparing apples and slightly different apples with the last two cars.

Not huge on 70s designs, but I like 1910s through to 1960s, as well as 80s and 90s.

When was this never the case?
It's like saying normies use to listen to full albums, that was never true.

You complain modern cars are bloat when almost every car in the 40s-50s all looked exactly the same, and they all were bloaty

I should clarify I'm not American.

>bloaty
but the postwar era was the exact opposite of bloaty, standard road-going cars were becoming streamlined for the first time with fastback profiles and non-separated fenders

nobody here was alive back then retard. also amerimeme

>tfw you realize '60s pancake cars were the exception, not the rule, and that crossovers are simply cars returning to their natural shape
Fucking flat as shit cars never made any god damn sense anyway.

Attached: 38b384e0-0e7b-11e7-9875-7996e0bc8c21.jpg (700x525, 75K)

If you like lightweight cars you can get a miata or a mini
If you like "driver's cars" the brz, the 911, the cayman, and just about any lotus car are still out there somewhere
If you like pony cars or muscle cars the exact same ones that have been made for generations are still around

And this isn't even talking about all the other shit in between like audi cars, hot hatches, and the gtr

Even then, are you afraid to buy an old car or something? They still have MR2s out there somewhere. And if you're going to tell me that you meant something even older, consider that a fucking toyotabaru is still faster than almost everything in that era.

>drivers cars
>BRZ, 911, cayman, lotus
>BRZ

Where did this "drivers cars" meme get started? I am unironically a race car driver and I wouldn't even want to get in a BRZ. That is shut an under powered piece of shit.
>but muh agility

Literally who the fuck cares if you actually have a pair of nuts you can learn how to thrash a heavy car and more than make up for lost cornering speed on the straits.

Personally I find throwing a V8 barge around and pushing it to its limits is also way more fucking enjoyable than taking some anemic little "drivers car" and glide uneventfully through the corners while you get your ass blasted on every straightaway.

You're not a race car driver.

Attached: 1519013391882.jpg (1205x721, 120K)

That's why I put it in quotes you moron
And for people like you the challenger is still there, but maybe your american brain is addled by all the carbs you consume

Go take some english lessons and put down the spoon, you fat retard

A bus is not a race car, and bus riding is not racing.

I guess it's just a rule that as technology becomes more practical it becomes more boring.

Like how years ago there were all these different phones with interesting designs and now all phones are basically just big screens.

Attached: mbimbi20.jpg (661x463, 59K)

Attached: primitive beauty.jpg (936x1436, 331K)

Or cameras. There were all kinds of designs and different films with different looks.

Now cameras mostly look the same and have digital sensors which produce mostly similar looking images.

Attached: Rolleiflex-2.8D-camera-Review-9.jpg (1080x719, 136K)

Christ, another delusion nostalgia fag

Or computers.

Attached: imac_google_ny_office_computer_museum.jpg (1199x670, 88K)

Lets see your flip phone faggot

Why post screencaps of a recording of a video when they're soulless?

Why post an image taken with a digital camera?

I seriously hope this is all satire.

Or portable music players.

Attached: compact-cassette-wird-jahre-alt-erzhlt-von-euren-erlebnissen-13976887868gnk4.jpg (800x1034, 496K)

I'm not sure if you're a troll or not

Because people on Veeky Forums don't have a very long attention span and are more likely to read captions on screencap than the actual video.
youtu.be/LKCrOLcDbjE?t=13

Also, I do own analogue cameras.

what cars are you referring to?
There are dozens of distinct and aesthetic cars from the 70's and 80's

Some cars in the early 2000s stand out today. Not many, but some.

D-DELET THIS

Go go gadget car