Why were Saturn's such shit?

Why were Saturn's such shit?

Attached: Saturn_1.jpg (600x293, 57K)

2000s gm

How were they shit? they attempted a import fighter brand for small economy cars and it was a success right up until they were force to shut down their innovation endeavour rebadging opels and other garbage and it became another hollow brand like Olds and Pontiac (although pontiac tried one last time with the Soltice cars but it was too little too late)

Attached: 2002-Saturn-S-Series-Image-002-1024.jpg (1024x689, 83K)

Pontiac gave it their all with their rebadged performance cars (GTO, G8, Solstice) and Olds had a pretty good thing going getting back into luxury with the Aurora, but it was already too late for both of them.

Like most 90s era shitboxes they were built to a budget and meant to be disposable wheels that would be traded in every 2-3 years. One of my favorite things to do is prowl S-series owner forums and read about all the things they do to keep their old Saturns going.
It's a shame, it really was a good idea, but there was no way GM was going to properly fund it with all the internal competition that was going on.
The roadster was a nice send off to the badge, though.

>inb4 stolen recaros

one of the most retarded modern tripfags for sure

Attached: neverforget.png (1669x918, 204K)

>implying he isn't the most knowledgeable when it comes to GM's malaise era FWD shitboxes

I assume he meant connecting rods.

Nah hes just a bit slow

Explain why they were shit without resorting to memes. I you didn't own one or work on one then your just baiting and don't know shit.

With the limited experiences I've had with them they were pretty solid
Granted most of my experience was driving an Ion 1 as a company car, but the SL2s from the late 90s we're pretty good actually

Exactly this
They are cheap, well built shitboxes
My dad is a mechanic and he drove a 01 Saturn for years. Never broke down, and he beat the fuck out of it

He forgot to mention that the Ranger was notorious for tranny failures, fast rusting engine mounts and garbage rear diffs.

he's right tho, the Vulcan is a POS through and through. And the Ranger is a mediocre truck in general

Better than the S10/Colorado abominations

Just how good were the last gen s-series? Thinking an sc or an sw would be a good college car

Maybe better than the Recallarado, but that's not saying much.

You mean the Ion? They're pretty good for what they are, Ecotec 2.2 is reliable, but check the years because some people hated the ones with the Aisin transmissions because they were retarded

>Made of plastic
>Cheap
>Reliable
>Internals pieced together with parts from other GM vehicles so parts are cheap
>Easiest car to work on
S-series is the best sedan/coupe you can get to daily or just fuck around in.
I don't know where the burning oil other than maybe saturn's shitty SUVs

Attached: saturn.jpg (662x427, 36K)

The earlier wedge ones were indestructible from my experience, while OP pic's were complete shit. I remember I was in my cousin's SL1 going down backroads and suddenly flames slowly started coming out of the hood. So we just grabbed the beer from the back that were reserved for the bonfire we were headed to and watched the car burn to the ground instead.