The Horror

>Bitcoin fork around the corner. NNNOOOO
Couldn't have come at a worse time. I have some things I was planning on paying with the P&Ds I got off cryptocurrency. Everything is raising at the moment, it would be horrible for a fork to happen and stagnate everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

themerkle.com/bitcoin-core-vs-bitcoin-unlimited/
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60mb9e/complete_high_quality_translation_of_jihans/
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60gem4/jihan_wus_latest_weibo_post_looks_like_an_offer/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Bitcoin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>BTC fork

What's the timescale for this? When will it happen?

any time it can happen.
because there is no democratic governance in btc.

Nobody knows. It will happen unannounced.

Unsatisfactory answers both

Who actually makes the change? How is the change made?

It is not black magic - something physical has to be done somewhere by someone - we just need to identify who and when

the jews

the chinks

Are you watching the new Samurai Jack episodes? What's your opinion on them?

You are right, there is a clear misunderstanding where ppl tend to think that cash not regulated by goverments is evil until they realise that the strongests will find ways to screw the majority by manipulating the new rules...

Aka, premine shit etc....

there's going to be a new mining protocol
when miners start running it the change will happen

when this is released isn't known, but expected soon

themerkle.com/bitcoin-core-vs-bitcoin-unlimited/

Who designs/releases the new protocol?

read the article

core and unlimited both have their own protocols to 'fix' the issue

thing is core doesn't have much mining power, so the chinese miners of unlimited could probably hijack and crash it

I feel the need to die. I need to trade crypto for this week to escape my situation, but it's very ill advisable to buy bitcoin right now.

only one of them is going to crash if you buy now you gonna get coins in both the winner and loser chain.

The chink and Bitmain dont have a leg to stand on and they know it. Wihan Ju is already opening up talks of negotiation because he knows that the people see through his bullshit and lame threats. All this is about is his miner fees which would be bypassed with the BTC upgrade, hence why hes throwing such a hissy fit. He said though that he would like to negotiate with Core and possibly avoid a hard fork if he can get his miner fees settled. Hes a fucking idiot. He could either have a smaller slice in a trillion dollar pie, or be king of a shitty alt-Chinkcoin that no one will use or trust. The choice is his.

>only one of them is going to crash
Long-term maybe. Short-term both are going to crash.

Fanboys will dump all their holdings on their enemy chain to tank it and help their own chain emerge dominant.

Normies will get confused by BTU vs BTC

This will be a yuge mistake, terrible, big crash coming

Coiners losing bigly.

Sad!

Source?

>bullshit and lame threats
30-40% of currently mined blocks come from an Unlimited supporter. Doesn't seem all that lame to me, there's some serious hashing power behind Unlimited.
blockchain.info/charts/bitcoin-unlimited-share

kek if unlimited passes the coin is going bye bye.

should I convert all my btc to eth ??? what do?? fuckk

Once Core switches to PoW, he wont be able to do shit.

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60mb9e/complete_high_quality_translation_of_jihans/

What the fuck is core running on now, if not proof of work???

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60gem4/jihan_wus_latest_weibo_post_looks_like_an_offer/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Bitcoin

Woops, I meant switching PoW. In this case LN/SegWit

hmm... interesting.
i would have assumed people wait it out which one will make it instead of risking dumping the wrong one.

Maybe the normal BTC holders will. But the people forcing the fork are the miners. And they get 12.5 BTC per block (25 before last summer) with 144 blocks committed a day. That's an influx of 1,800 BTC a day in mining currently before we're even accounting for transaction fees. If 40% of hashing power forks, we're looking at a group with 720 BTC daily income. And they've likely had that sort of hashing power for at least a year. What do you think the price will do if the people most intersted in a fork and in consolidating the power of their chain will dump 250,000 "enemy" tokens at once?

they could get more money out of it by dumping them slowly. and it would kinda make sense too. if they spit the mining power every miner in both camp increases his share of the new coins as a lot of hashing power is dropping out of his fork. but if they rekt the other branch the hashing power will rejoin theirs.

Wow jews

Sounds plausible. Let's hope you're right.

I don't think this is coming as soon as people are talking, last I read they need something like 95% of the hash rate to agree to the fork, which good fucking luck getting that together with how split the community is. Shame because either solution is better than doing nothing for scalability, the only thing propping up bitcoin over other cryptos is speculation and name recognition at this point.