/fg/ - Falcom General #71

Previous Thread: Cheese loli edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-review
youtube.com/watch?v=dNgph1g422Q
youtube.com/watch?v=a2GEc_tN2yE
youtube.com/watch?v=TsP7WSySVfk
youtube.com/watch?v=-OciAAIlivA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder that cuck steel is SHIT

DANA A BEST

Is there anywhere to buy earthworms in Zero?
I feel like Ive looked in every shop possible.

>- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Why the fuck are you shilling for Xseed in the OP? NISA is an upgrade, they're the only reason we have it so soon and with dual audio.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Zero is the weakest chibi Trails.

Beta testers are saying the game is full of game breaking bugs, and the translation job is pure shit. I didn't make that part of the OP anyways.

you farm them from monsters, and if its for that side quest you should save state so you don't need to farm too much

Just the PC version which is brand new.

You can only buy it after you get 23 types of fishes. Farm them from monsters.

PS4 Version is bug free according to everyone who had a review code

Also the translation is way better than what Xseed has ever put it, and certainly much better than their previous Ys """localizations""". Saying it's pure shit is Xseed FUD, pure and simple.

Ah ok, thanks.
I am abusing save states to get the 5 eels, so it should be a smaller problem than I though.

Who is the most fuckable cuck

BIG HOLE.

I thought this was kiseki general. Why are we suddenly talking about something else?

Sorry I fed Crossbell to my Keke Bear

Can I get a source on this? I didn't know about the PC version till recently so I was kinda torn between which version to buy

The most pathetic thing I been seeing all these years is how people shill xseed like their gods or something. While I agree NISA also being doing a poor job I don't know if there are grammar mistakes in their latest games Neptunia aside.

Kiseki is shit dude. We were only talking about it as a prank to fool the newbies.

techraptor.net/content/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-review

How about you all fuck off with your company shilling? Both of them have bad sides, stop pretending one of is better than the other, you're just as much of a shill than you think you are, and you're only shitting up the thread further.

Don't bother. Thread on /v/ stirred up the NISA vs XSeed bitching again.

Friendly reminder that it took Xshit 2 years after their intial localization to release Cold Steel on PC. And their initial localization was two years after the Japanese release.

Meanwhile, NISA localized the PS4 version of Ys VIII less than 4 months after it's JP release, an even created a PC version ready to launch at the same time even if it is a little buggy.

How can Xcrement even compete??

>character is a guy
>is named Geis
HOLY SHIT WHO ALSO NOTICED THIS POTTERLY?

Ricotta is for ___________

youtube.com/watch?v=dNgph1g422Q

>character is a guy
>he's named guy
Mind blown

Wow, that last thread filled up crazy fast.

Shut up! Stop making fun of XSEED! DELETE THIS!!!!
Seriously though, tired of those tards acting as if XSEED is perfect.

NISA is well known as a terrible company with shitty meme-tier localizations. All evidence points to YsVIII being another example of that. And people like you still want to pretend that they're somehow on the same level as Xseed, which has done an amazing job with Falcom's Trails series? Nah

Isn't Cold steel much more text filled than Ys though?

Shit CS-only fags say (fixed#1):

>I understand the plot just fine without playing other games
>Why do Skyfags obsess over Olivert so much?
>Who's this Lechter dude?
>Osborne and Ouoroboros don't seem that bad.
>Why do they never explain how Garrelia Fortress was destroyed?
>What's the point of the bracer guild anyway? The RMP works just fine!
>Rean's a pretty good protagonist. Why does everyone hate him so much?

>meme-tier
Ys VIII is confirmed to be very close to the original to the point XSEED fanboys scream it's not meme-tier enough.

They also got jap audio after years of Xseed insisting it was impossible. NISA really made them look like total shit.

You just reminded me of a question I was wondering about a couple nights ago. Where is Geis skill-wise in relation to Chester and by extension Adol. It seems like he's become the long-term rival character that Chester was, and Chester was a grade A badass. I think it's canon that Chester was the greatest swordsman Adol ever had to face right?

Nobody wants it to be meme-tier. They want it to be a good localization, which "dry, literal garbage with spelling mistakes and the word ""vase"" describing a boss monster" is not.

I love Claudia hime

Nobody gives a fuck about jap audio when the game is broken and the localization is shit. Turbo-weebs need to go.

>xshills unironically complaining about a memey localization

Un-fucking-believable.

Go make a thread to cry about you company woes on /v/ you fucking idiots.

Too bad the majority don't care about translation quality and care much more about dual audio and a PC port

Laxia is for ___

Fuck off XGreed shill.

>muh vase
KYS, that was fixed long ago.

I'm saying that both sides need to brutally kill themselves with a rusty spoon user, not just Nisafags.

>fixed
>Ouoroboros

one already exists

Who is the most fuckable cuck in Xseed

If Ys VIII out in PC, isn't that mean we can see Laxia nude model?

youtube.com/watch?v=a2GEc_tN2yE

I fucking love this song

Not until you learn english ESL-kun

Actually, no. You're the minority. And PCfats don't buy video games anyways.

youtube.com/watch?v=TsP7WSySVfk

youtube.com/watch?v=-OciAAIlivA

this one is fucking amazing too, Zero is full of great songs man

>isn't that mean

Couldn't they have translated most of the text from the Vita version anyway?

Fucking slut, tainted forever.
How am I supposed to marry Adol now?

>Rean the Mean Machine
was this a deliberate attempt at to make a joke by XSEED or did the original script have something similar?

Deliberate attempt

I don't ever recall that actually being in the game. Pretty sure that's a Veeky Forums meme only.

LEWD! CENSOR THAT SHIT user

I wonder if this is the most action Adol has ever seen

I think sara says it.

Sara says it during the girls only swimming class

I don't remember that actual line being in the game, but Xseed always tries to make everyone more of a sarcastic wisecracker. A common thing among localizations because westerners fucking love their sarcasm. Well, Rean is such a dry hetare faggot that Xseed trying to make him le ebin snark man instead of a wet noodle might be an improvement.

Japs are just too polite for their own good, I swear.

Fie's outfits are retarded as hell.

Gay.

No, it means Ricotta topless mods.
>mfw this trigger XSEEDfags

>Nobody gives a fuck about jap audio
kys xshill

>the game is broken
Only the PC version, which btw Xshit wouldn't have released until 2 years from now.

>localization is shit
If by shit you mean actually accurate to the original text unlike all of xshits memey Ys localizations, then sure.

Jaegers girls can't get into clothes.

I'm done with /fg/ for a while. It's nothing but endless shitposting now. I honestly can't tell if 70% of the people posting have even played the gsmes.

see you tomorrow

Doubt the PC version is broken. It's just fanboys who are pretending it's broken.

Good riddance Hatsuu, maybe you can actually do some work for once

Don't let the door hit you on the way out hatsuu.

If by fanboys you mean xseed employees, then yeah probably.

I really don't think XSEED actually has paid shills, they can't even afford english dubs after all.

Now they just have to fix "Solitary Seeker" and other mistranslations

Looks good to me

Normalfag: Sen no Kiseki, Tokyo Xanadu, Ys VIII, Celceta
Weird: Trails in the Sky, Nayuta, Ys Seven, Ys Origin
Creep: Felghana, Ark, Zero no Kiseki, Ao no Kiseki, Gurumin, Brandish PSP, Ys I & II Chronicles, Xanadu Next
Degenerate: Zwei 1-2, Ys V, Dawn of Ys, Ys Book 1-2, Wanderers from Ys, Gagharv, Brandish 4, Lord Monarch, Vantage Master
Irredeemable: Legend of Xanadu 1-2, Brandish 1-2-3, Dinosaur, Popful Mail, Sorcerian, LoH 1-2
Ascended: Dragon Slayer, Xanadu, Romancia, Asteka, Private Stripper

Kek

I wonder if Sigmund will show up soon

What's wrong with that exactly? Not even sure what it's supposed to be. Post screenshot.

Obligatory Slime Baby comment

I still like her hair.

Well I didn't say they were getting paid :^))

《孤高なる“道”の探究者》

Post the English version.

Welcome to JRPGs