PlayStation 4 General #479 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/ /momgen/

I want to _____ 2B Edition

Old Thread: ========================================

>2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan set for September 19
gematsu.com/2017/08/2017-playstation-press-conference-japan-set-september-19

>The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III details ARCUS II battle orbment
gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-arcus-ii-battle-orbment

>Demon Gaze II ‘Welcome to Asteria’ trailer
gematsu.com/2017/08/demon-gaze-ii-welcome-asteria-trailer

>First 20 minutes of City Shrouded in Shadow gameplay
gematsu.com/2017/08/first-20-minutes-city-shrouded-shadow-gameplay

>God of War ‘Many Faces’ concept artwork
gematsu.com/2017/08/god-war-many-faces-concept-artwork

>God of War ‘Winter’ concept artwork
gematsu.com/2017/08/god-war-winter-concept-artwork

>Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo announced
gematsu.com/2017/08/summer-lesson-chisato-shinjo-announced

>Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match details school commanders, stages, more
gematsu.com/2017/08/girls-und-panzer-dream-tank-match-details-school-commanders-stages

>Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package coming to PS4 on December 5
gematsu.com/2017/09/dead-rising-4-franks-big-package-coming-ps4-december-5

>Play Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Today With Free Demo
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/29/play-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-today-with-free-demo/

>The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/5/2017
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/01/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-952017/

========================================

>PS4 Pro vs Slim comparison
pastebin.com/JsXvkiYx

>PS+ FAQ
community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/m-p/41658595

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

Other urls found in this thread:

shoryuken.com/2017/08/30/the-gundam-versus-open-beta-is-now-available-to-download-on-the-playstation-store/
psnprofiles.com/YNA_p4u7
youtube.com/watch?v=7kD_u7PNVFw
gematsu.com/2017/09/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-announced-ps4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it's only happening online then it's your connection.
I haven't run into a single problem except with the horrible frame pacing when playing at 1080p60 on Pro.
Runs fine at 4k30 though.

New Dragon's Dogma when?

Never

How is Capcom so bad at everything they do
They do one thing right and it's like "oh no oh gosh we need to correct this with 17 wrongs"

I'm not so sure, as it worked fine during the online test.
Only thing i can think of is that OG ps4 can't handle the number of players now

Or the servers are shitting themselvesEuro probably doesn't help

How online focused is Gundam Versus? I really enjoyed the beta but I don't think I'd play much multiplayer, is there enough solo content?

I don't want to do anything to 2B as Kunoichi is better.

Why is everybody's golf so comfy?

I got home from work and lost 4 hours, 3 button taps at a time

They haven't really found anyone to fill in the shoes of the people that left and those people that left became competition.

How is single player? I cancelled my PS+ and obviously cut out, I assume, a significant amount of content.

I really want to play it.

It's quite MP focused, single player involves you doing a choice of two tournaments(9 holes) at a time to level up.
Every 3-4 tournaments you go head to head with a boss in match play.
Beat 3 bosses and you rank up.
Rinse and repeat.

You lose out on Turf-war completely, the upcoming game mode, and all the online daily challenges. Money is also harder to get offline.

Your call really. I've mostly been playing single player as the servers are fucked atm anyway.

I think I'll pass and just go and play real golf instead then, since I do that too.

Thanks.

Why did they have to increase PS+ by so much? Madness.

Oh cool, i always wanted to try the real thing, but barrier to entry seems crazy.

And agreed on the price hike, i quickly renewed before the hike so i won't have to think about it for another year

>was going to download bloodborne complete
>it's unavailable now

What happened?

I considered it, but I just don't play online that much anyway so it was more an excuse to cancel rather than a need to renew.

You should buy a club and go to a range. It's quite therapeutic. Put on some headphones (don't get the wire caught) and take out some frustrations. Some clubs are incredibly elitist, but where I live there are a couple of slightly more casual ones that even an idiot like me can go around.

So are these games any good? I'm trying to choose between this or Deadpool.

I mean from what I heard, they're pretty much "Infamous: Edgelord Edition" which is dumb since Second Son is going up for free this month.

I've never played them. Just remember it being released the same time as Infamous and people comparing the two.

How many courses are in the game? Getting burnt out on musous as relaxing games and looking for something new.
If you ever get into the real thing people dump cheap Wilson sets all the time for $20-$50. They are great beginner sets and you can learn what club is good for what range. It's a great hobby to get into, but once you step on the green people get angry at any little thing you do so you should try and find someone to teach you how to act out there.

Which fps games would you guys recommend on the ps4?

I'm looking for a game with great sense of an adventure, any recommendations?

If you count Prey as an fps then I recommend it.

Hey 40 howmuch fps do you get in OW

How the fuck do I go fast in gundam versus? Hitting the left stick twice does a shitty short dash only.

Your Playstation code: 9HTK-PQNL-MDGJ

You're welcome.

Thank you, user.

What shall I get?

>Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
>Deux Ex: Mankind Divided
>Sleeping Dogs
>Dragonball Xenoverse
>J-Stars Victory VS+
>Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
>Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
>XCOM 2

pls help

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Sleeping Dogs usually goes on sale, Should have gotten XCOM 2 last week on 2k PlayStation Humble Bundle.

Sleeping Dogs is a safe bet. Valkyria Chronicles is amazing, but not for everyone.

This game is pretty fun

>People complaining about Majima Everywhere
>One mission away from the game and I've ran into him 3 times

How do I trigger him at Shine? Been trying to build up Dragon mode. I've already completed Rina's substory.

> patiently waiting for the remaster

Just get it on PC. I hate to suggest that but it runs on weak builds and will be more stable / look better.

Anyone playing versus right now?

I wasn't aware there was an Open Beta.

shoryuken.com/2017/08/30/the-gundam-versus-open-beta-is-now-available-to-download-on-the-playstation-store/

Which of the PS4 Madden games is most worth getting? I'm primarily interesting in local co-op & campaign mode, but I'm not really sure what the difference is between 15/16/17/18.

18 has a story mode, and it really doesn't matter theyre all the same. Last decent fun madden game was 12

The only reason I've stopped is to eat the most disappointing chicken salad wrap I've ever had. I think I'll make soup to wash the taste of failure from my mouth.

What suits you playing right now? I'm playing memetank and Dom

You can play in chronological order, 01, 02, ect -> 98

Or play in release order 98, 99, the start the prequels at 01

Does 18 have co-op for story mode or franchise mode? I thought some of the recent ones had removed that.

I haven't played one of these games in forever, though. What's so bad about the new ones compared to 12?

Haha, what.

Gundam Mk-II
I've been focusing on learning techniques and tactics before I go full meme. I was losing to suits all morning then sometime this afternoon something clicked and I've been able to take more matches.

Also helps that I went on /m and started asking what the Fuwa Step of Gundam Versus was.

Anyone down for a versus room?

> #
>Does 18 have co-op for story mode or franchise mode? I thought some of the recent ones had removed that.
Idk.

>What's so bad about the new ones compared to 12?
Madden became more realstic, so it became slow as shit compared to the older games.

Would love to but I'm doing a mandatory food/internet cycle try again in about an hour?

I have never in my life played a clunkier game than that.

I'm in a /v/ room right now, just look for that one

Someone didn't play Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire or any of the PS2 gundam games

Fucking 08th MS Squad game on the Dreamcast was a revelation compared to the PS2 games

ok

Rip /nier/ general, rip /mgg/

What are we gonna call out Monster Hunter guild?

Also first for trophies:

psnprofiles.com/YNA_p4u7

I think we should name it
"Quickly Abandoned"

WeHateCitrus

MILF Hunters

Where's 40? I have to ask him somethinh

>Also first for trophies:
What did he mean by this?

Hello?

moshi moshi

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters
youtube.com/watch?v=7kD_u7PNVFw

Does PBS have 4k and HDR?
Everybody's Golf proves anime style looks great in 4k with HDR.

>More musou shit

>Musou

ded

this lag

gundam vs?

yea

I was so hyped but cant even play

you're really not missing out on much unfortunately

Some matches are laggy some are not. Been playing 3v3 so I don't know if it's any different in 2v2 1v1

will this game have dedicated servers?

I'm loving it rn, even with the shit roster I might get it.

MUDSLINGERS

>musous
>shit
It's like you don't even enjoy pure videogame fun

>fight Majima on the streets
>go into Smile Burger right next to me
>Majima is there too
How much is too much?

Just had this happen to me.
No such thing as "too much Majima".

>bought 4 Tales games for $30 today

My thumbs will hurt but fuck yeah it's gonna be worth it.

Can we talk about Tales waifus or nah

Which four?

Also Milla is still best girl in the series.

>join random lobby
>host send me friend request
>tries to get me into voice chat

who are these people

Symphonia DoTNW, Xillia, Zestiria and Graces f. I always wanted to try these but not for more than $20 a pop.

>DotNW
Stop.

You have played the first Symphonia, right? Though even if you have I wouldn't recommend DotNW particularly heavily.

The other three all have their ups and downs but are enjoyable (Zestiria probably being the weakest of them).

Xillia's one of my favourites, but I won't deny I'm biased.

I'm about halfway through the first Symphonia. Gotta get those sequels for completion purposes even if they are garbage.

>Xillia
>waifu biased

Oh that's quite clear.

Fair enough. There are some elements of DotNW that aren't AWFUL, but it's bad enough that I tend to just forget it exists when talking about the series because I'd never recommend it personally.

And you'll understand my bias when you play Xillia. Milla is amazing.

I'm playing the first infamous for the first time. The gameplay in Infamous 1 is closer to Red faction Guerrilla. Both are 3rd person cover based shooters in a open world setting. Expect in Infamous you can climb shit assassins creed style.

Prototype feels very different to play, it's more about being jumpy and glidy to get out of danger. It's alright but the basic enemies are far too squishy. The powers are a lot better in prototype 2, but again the basic enemies are far too squishy. It's fun gliding about and fighting the US Army though.

I've been meaning to play them, but I don't have a hacked ps3 yet.

what's your opinion on citrus, nyonmyan and roboaddy?

Addy and nyon I have no opinion on.

Citrus came here to get boys attention then grew bored and went pc. She should be ashamed.

>citrus came
lewd

any games were I can play as a thicc blonde elf

What's with Roboaddy trying to seduce the girls of the general?

First nyon and now Citrus

He's thristy as fuck

40 what are your pc specs?

>He's thristy as fuck
We all are.

Vesperia is best Tales game

i5 3570, HD 7850

Might upgrade next months since I'll have some spare cash though.

You can probably get them mad cheap these days.

>someone I knew in undergrad is now a writer for kotaku

she didn't even play video games...

gematsu.com/2017/09/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-announced-ps4
There's a Kamen Rider game announcement. Odds on it using the Gundam Versus engine or Spike/Chunsoft's ripoff of the Versus engine that isn't as good?

Like that has stopped anyone who ever worked for Kotaku before

> TFW remembering when Bashcraft used to write 20 line looks at games but 1000 word essays on what his kid did that day.

I only went there because they reposted news from other sites constantly.

What is Citrus' pc specs?

Leave Citrus alone!

You deleted her from PSN, stfu

I was ENTITLED to citrus nudes but she never gave any. She deserves to be exiled.