Which one of these two would you buy?

which one of these two would you buy?

Attached: images(2).jpg (300x168, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kengrodyfordsandiego.com/inventory/new-2017-ford-fiesta-st-fwd-hatchback-3fadp4gx9hm172338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgive me, I am not trying to troll but this seems like a silly comparison. Without having driven either, I am going to gonwith my past Si and past ford experiences to say the Civic no brainer. Generally, their shift action has always been quality for any price category, let alone entry level

Gti

They ever fix that whole "feels much faster than it actually is" thing the mk v had. It was too cush in the corners for me to seriously consider buying it and then there was the 60-100mph performance...

Just tune the motherfucker. If you're already wondering about these things you know it's only a matter of time, anyway.

That little k03... nope

Why not just r32 :)?

I had a '15 Civic Si Coupe. Traded in for a '17 Focus ST. There are aspects of the Civic I miss, transmission, VTEC YO, interior was more comfy (FoST has ST2 Partial Recaro's, very bolstered).

I've ridden in a friends FiST, very fun car. Guess it depends want you want, but I'd take the Civic over the FiST, but the FoST over the Civic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Tfw I want to apr tune my mk4 but don't want to kill my clutch since it's the original one with only 47k miles on it

ST.
It won't be as fun as the Si and the Si weighs more.

ECOBOOST
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

The Civic has it all at this point, more roomy, better mpg and equally fast and fun in the corners. Both use turbos and small i4s.

But here's the real deal. No Honda dealership will sell you a 10th Gen si for less than MSRP (23k) since they're so popular. People know they're good. The EX trim has a better 1/4 time than the si (l m a o)
You can buy a new Fiesta st for 15k holy shit.
kengrodyfordsandiego.com/inventory/new-2017-ford-fiesta-st-fwd-hatchback-3fadp4gx9hm172338

Attached: ScreenShot0.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

And that is the more appropriate comparison

If the rest of the running gear can handle the tune I say do the tune mind your clutchwork until you've glazed it for the last time, smoke it, or wear it out properly.

I am lazy, that's why I keep it OE and never tuned the two boosted cars I had. Almost 300k miles between the two of them and both were sold with their original clutches

>Won't be aas fun
Is this a typo? Why are you buying the less fun car?

Wow on the FiST PRICE

Agreed. Very good price on a new FiST. Plus, it has Sync 3, Android Auto!

I wish. R32s are all beat to shit
What do you mean by glazed it? And how much do you think a clutch replacement/upgrade would cost? I'd be down to do it but I don't think I can in my garage without a lift

Yeah, that's the real truth. No one is buying the FiST so dealerships are trying to move them. What you get is a tiny box that will absolutely fly. If that is your only concern it is a great value. If you want a comfy interior to go with it though...

Well I like the civic looks better, especially because the Ford has a soyboy following, but fuck man they just had to make the thing heavy didn't they, if I could get it for free and wasn't allowed to sell it, civic all the way, I would gut it, take all the stupid safety shit out.

Just buy a recarco out of a wreck for $500 and sick it in the driver's seat. Right side of you can deal with the hassle. Focus st seats work with custom brackets.

Neither

Tough call, I bought my fist in 2016 and if the Civic SI was out that year I might have gotten it instead.

The fiesta st is quite a performer as far as handling and just everyday ripping it around town. For stop and go driving in that price range its unrivaled. Truly a blast. With my stage 1 cobb tuner and a high flow filter its supposed to put down around 230tq to the wheels in a car with a close ratio 6 speed weighing around 2700 pounds. Pretty fun. It also seems like a tough little engine and transaxle. Within the first 5k miles I money shifted it into 2nd on the highway (first new car and I'd never done that in my life before then) and it doesn't seem to have hurt it. Good gas mileage if you baby it. I averaged around 32mpg city and highway when in the break in period. So there are certainly some strengths.

However there are a few things I am not a fan of as well. Its small, which means its light but inside it feels kinda cramped and I'm not a big guy. Its a ford, the interior quality is acceptable but not great. The Honda would probably kill it quality wise inside. It doesn't have many features, no backup cam, no nav. Its torque curve feels like my stock 87 foxbody aka a ton of punchy low and midrange and absolutely nothing up top. Shift it at 55 even 5 most the time, no reason to go higher. The annoying thing is from what I hear the engine could rev out easy but its just a baby tiny turbo. The si has more hp than torque so even though its not vtec it would rev out nice. So the power curves are kind of opposites its up to you which one fits your style. The transmission doesn't shift that smooth, its notchy, typical ford shit. I've heard great things about honda manuals and the new one is no exception.

I'd say the SI is a nicer car and probably better overall unless you are strictly looking for performance fun for the dollar. I still consider getting an SI today actually so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Which one is cheaper and which one is easier to tune?

What about Clio RS, KIA Rio, Peugeot 308 SW, Mazda 3(?) ?

Neebie here

Isn't that an apples to oranges comparison? The Fiesta is a way smaller car than the Civic. Would probably make more sense to compare the Focus ST to the Civic Si no?

FIST owner here. I would recommend the FIST. The SI will get better mpg and be a comfier daily driver but for that price you could get a fully loaded FIST with plenty left over to upgrade everything on the car.

Get the fist, a tune, a RMM, intercooler and exhaust and you're good to go.

Also I would recommend getting the Recaros if you fit in them