/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Horses in the Sand edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/23

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-version-221
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!8tQUxJCJ!o0VYWQCKpjxlfMb-AHgM0iuRGNtG0gUwi54Y1dWpyfU

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/natural-muscular-potential-women/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vlandians r gay and so am i

Why dont they do Bannerlord early access? Warband spent months unfinished and people still love it

And once again, warrior women are high fantasy. It's fiction. It's like dwarves or elves. Completely made up. They are a myth, herodotus wrote about them in the same fashion he did about dragons and griffons.

Olympic level female athletes are statistically as strong as an average guy. That's the top one hundred out of four billion. The american female soccer league lost to a bunch of high school boys.

If you want to have amazon warriors, that's fine.

You're just not talking about humans anymore if the women start being warleaders and fighters.

In conclusion, the xenos must be destroyed.

This is Rhodok soil

That's pig poop and you can keep it.

>But if you go back in time a little bit, you see that a lot of societies did have female leaders. It was much more prevalent
What societies were they talking about

Turks are white and based.

sarmatians

Imperial austria and victorian england come to mind. Somewhat common in royal families which were not able to produce a male heir.

But warleaders?

It almost never happens. Something like one for every hundred thousand male warleaders if not much worse.

quit baiting you fag

too much gold?
>that filename
kek

that mask helm doesn't look very mongol to me

I am disappoint

>mongolians
>mail armor
t-triggered

the only occasion where a woman lead an army I recall is of course most famously Joan of Arc, and then that insane Olga woman

>Complaining about fiction in a fictional setting.
Female warriors have existed and there are even mixed sex competitions to this day There is no evidence of dwarves or elves ever existing. Warfare tends to not be a one on one duel among the strongest a society can muster. Especially when the alternative may be genocide.

worry not brother, all free men shall be united under mods that fix them

I can't wait for playing Bannerlord mods. They will be beautiful

the high prevalence of women warriors in fantasy mods is really kind of annoying. it takes me out of the experience every time

>complain about female warriors being unrealistic when dragons roam
Which fantasy mods have women as standard troops anyways. The standard troops of the factions in PoP and Perisno are all male.

>too much gold?
It looks unnecessary for the leg protection.

>there are even mixed sex competitions to this day
Are there? Not in the olympics, not in boxing, not in MMA, not in 3-Gun.

What in? Some obscure national sport in some tiny asian country? That is your evidence that women are warriors?

Nobody is pointing a finger at villiage raids having female villiagers. It's desperate and they will starve if you take their goods so they do what they can.

What we are upset about is female heavy cavalry shock troops.

And dwarfism is a real thing you insensitive clod.

>The standard troops of the factions in PoP and Perisno are all male.
They both have elves, which might as well be female

best single player mods for warband?

You're missing the point tard-o, or being deliberately obtuse. Dragons are fucking dragons, I can rationalize them being dragons in the confines of their universe. But human women being main line soldiers and warriors, is basically creating a new race of creatures and insisting they're human.

They're not. Human women will never make good warriors, no matter what. If you're going to have women warriors, they may as well be orcs or xlatolatls or some other made up nonsense, because they can't be reconciled as humans. Amazon's are only acceptable as an exception to the rule.

Stop being retarded.

PoP for one, Brytenwalda, gekokujo, floris is a good native focused improvement mod as well

also the last days of the third age, which is bar none the best lord of the rings mod made for any game ever

is this fine then?
>They both have elves, which might as well be female
t. elf defiler
You're right though, fucking elves.

Much better.

Elves? I don't think so!

You're the one that made the statement that female warriors don't exist. You even compared them to Dwarves and Elves. To refute that all I need is a single example. Don't whine at the easy refutation to your weak assertion.

Changing goalposts such that:

>That is your evidence that women are warriors?

Is absolutely ridiculous as well. No one ever said that women are warriors - With implication that ALL women are warriors. Consider the statement applied to men: Men are implicitly warriors? Its an absurd statement applied to both sexes.

elves, dwarves and dragons all exist, just not in this dimension

smoke some DMT

>But human women being main line soldiers and warriors
No one ever stated that women should be main line soldiers and warriors. To deny that they existed historically is politically motivated denial just as bad as the SJW cunts though. To use that as a premise to object to female warriors in video games asserts you assholes as cancer.

>he doesn't have a dragon as his primary vehicle
fucking serfs

>i do drugs

Check out the pastebin in the OP, it's got links and submods for most of the popular mods.

My personal list
>Gekokoju Daimyo Edition or GekoNewer
>Rising Sun (new release)
>1257 w/ user's submod
>VC w/ user's submod
>Dickplomacy
>Rome at War (small but good)
Some people will recommend Novas Aetus but I could personally never get into it.
Meme tier
>Warsword
>Paradigm Worlds
>Star Wars Conquest
>Napoleonic Wars
These are worth a play just for giggles, though I unironically enjoy SW Conquest.

This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. Also take note that I tend not to play too many fantasy mods, so I can't speak for their quality. I do know that both GoT mods are pretty shit though. I've been toying with Medieval Conquest recently, and it has some interesting ideas, but I think it might be too script heavy. I'm going to crack open a book and just have my guy wait in a town for a few hundred days and see what happens.
I'm not involved in your argument, I was just telling you using "Dragons exist so wimmen wurriurs is tots cool man!" is a dumb as shit point. I personally don't take issue with women in games.

trying to sound smart, but only coming off as a millennial

DMT is present in your body now, just in smaller amounts

>le retard millenial makes fun of other millenials maymay
Late millenials are in their thirties, and you most likely are one, you fucking mongoloid. And no, I'm not him.

but you seem threatened by the characterization

Nova Aetas
LOTR shit
Geko

If anything it's the opposite. SJWs dare to taint video game women by citing them as offensive. The counter-movement to the SJWs is attempting to remove them completely. Both normie movements need to fuck off.

outside of a rare instance, there are zero women involved in frontline warfare in history (unless you're going to point toward the baggage train :D)

I'm sorry this gets you mad enough to claim youropponents are some kind of men's issues vanguard or whatever

>I'm not involved in your argument, I was just telling you using "Dragons exist so wimmen wurriurs is tots cool man!" is a dumb as shit point. I personally don't take issue with women in games.
The point wasn't dragons themselves but to emphasize the absolute nature of the statement. You have to remember that the original message replied to compared female warriors to Dwarves and Elves. From a fictional standpoint Dragons, Dwarves, and Elves are fundamentally the same in context.

> This entire argument

Why are you replying to this post? The point women warriors in video games predates SJW interest (and the counter) in video games by a significant margin. To defend the former norms of video games as a medium is not something that would imply "millennial", especially a younger millennial.

How the fuck do i use modmerger? everytime i start build_module.bat it just says "the command "python" is either written false or couldn't be found"

I don't recall women warriors in any games I played before the current era

Any jap game(given they put them into sexy costumes)has done female warriors since forever

well that's ever been the japanese, and they're strange

Being underage is a bannable offense m8

VC
turned into my favorite mod after i've gotten into it, i'm liking it even more than 1257 and i didn't think i would
the levy system and quarters system won me over in the end

you're taste in games is clearly as shitty as your general opinions

its not just the Japanese

Banana lord when?

Why is that guy wearing a Vaegir helmet?

it's cuman

My claim was that there is no such thing as warrior women.

Not that there cannot be a warrior woman. There are maybe a dozen such documented cases before the 20th century, more in the modern age with the introduction of modern medicine specifically hormonal treatments which boost women to 100x their natural T levels.

Nobody is arguing that there cannot be weird outliers.

What I'm saying is that swadian knights with tits are as bullshit as an army of julius caesers because they're about as rare.

So yes, it's utter fantasy, statistically you are more likely to have someone spontaneously combust on my command (AKA MAGIC BEING REAL) than a hundred armor clad maidens who can fight as well as a man can.

Although, again, I can see this being possible with heavy hormonal treatment.

Why is this guy an idiot?

Steppe riders from that area had those facemasks seems to be inspired by kievan rus or cumans

>le woman in vido gaim agrument
this is supposed to be my safe space ree
just put them in skimpy outfits and call it 'empowering' or dont bother

khuzaits are the vaegir's ancestors

those are male elves

that's simply a fighting game, and it's contemporary a setting, nothing historical

are you daft?

those are just elves, and they're pretty much entirely women, even the "men"

and I can't judge your own taste in video games since your life and experiences are unknown to me :)

So the Khergit and Vaegir branched off from the Khuzaits?

probably
im just making stuff up

There is one little thing that concerns me in 1257, it's about bows
I'm using MW Hunbowdmg14c/8pd required/acc 94/att.speed 61 for 10pd 4ha char, because I don't know any better. I'm not 100% sure if that's correct, 2bh.
help ( ._.)

Hormone treatment won't change early developmental advantages men have in such things as bone mass and density. There are articles like this which I find interesting for implications of future female potential but I haven't seen any evidence of it exhibited IRL so far.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/natural-muscular-potential-women/

In any case I am the same guy you are arguing with and I am only arguing against applying norms to the exceptional. I agree that it is a bit absurd to have women as standard troops unless the entire faction is Amazonian or generally in-human in some explicit way.

>So yes, it's utter fantasy, statistically you are more likely to have someone spontaneously combust on my command (AKA MAGIC BEING REAL) than a hundred armor clad maidens who can fight as well as a man can.
You are going back and forth between pretty odd extremes. This has happened both in ancient history (exp:Lady Sun's army of female bodyguards that terrified Liu Bei) and recent history with figures like Gaddafi whom insisted on female bodyguards due to his belief in women's stronger protective instincts.

Pretty certain Tola isn't an Elf.

In any case there are so many examples of female warriors that predate this general SJW cancer that its pretty simple to pluck another out if you have any knowledge of video games.

I have no idea what that game is

it's not important to be versed in obscure games to have a valid argument about the presence of women in warfare

Can we agree on this:

There's nothing wrong with putting fighting women in a videogame, just don't claim it's historical

Jagged Alliance
>Obscure
So which one are you normie or just underaged?

>Street Fighter 2 - The most historically iconic fighting game
>Wizardry - The Dungeon Crawler that arguably inspired most modern day RPGs
>Jagged Alliance (along with XCOM) - The standard for turned base shooting strategy RPGs
None of these games are obscure m8

I would think you'd be more worried about 1257 having a boring and empty map

maybe it's a game that was popular in europe, I've never heard of it

>dress a bunch of women up as swadian knights
>they have nervous system breakdowns after wearing the armor for one week
>w-women stronk!

You have some reason to believe that gaddafi's bodyguards were competent? Because he's dead.

Nobody ever complained that their immersion was broken because they could pick a female character.

I think even one or two lords would be fine, as long as care is taken that they are not above average.

Immersion is lost when you go to a tavern and there's a bunch of human wenches with giant hammers for hire.

I don't understand the question unfortunately, I'm not a min-maxer, and I don't play archer hardly ever. Hopefully some archerfag can help you out.

noone can help?

That was a question? If he's asking if bows are good in 1257AD they are amazing. However you have to be willing to go to power draw 10 as the armor system of 1257AD makes bows garbage until power draw bonus gets sufficiently high.

JA is a pretty obscure game I only know about because people keep (wrongly) comparing it to xcom

I certainly never heard of it before 2012.

just b urself

>his belief in their stronger protective instincts
Hahaha Gaddahfi had women bodyguards because he liked sexy women, that excuse was just the equivalent of ,"I read playboy for the articles."

did the snackbars kill and despoil his harem?

I hope not

I haven't played this game in 7 years, which mods should I use?

His "bodyguards" were really just virgins who were kidnapped and made into sex slaves. Gaddafi had a uniform fetish apparently

Both Jagged Alliance and XCOM were constantly cited for pretty much any turn based isometric game that contained firearms but had overly simple combat mechanics. Example: Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. Namely for Fire Suppression, environment cover, and overwatch. You didn't have to be a fan of tactical games to hear about these two games ad-nauseum. You just had to play any turn based RPG that had firearms.

you should be more worried about being a brainlet

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

>undisciplined posture
>hats all facing different directions
>unpressed shirts
>wearing forty dollars of makeup
honor guard my ass

sounds like your path is set up wrong

you know, feeling threatened by your betters isn't endearing a quality

>too retarded to play 1257
>better than anyone else

The most ahistorical part of 1257AD is how empty the Mediterranean is. Which was, at that time, constantly at war.

Heck, Malta isn't even on the map, it's empty between Sicily and North Africa, even though it was an active port for Christian privateers.

there isn't much involved to 1257, one plods along quite easily through that droll, and vacant expanse

how is it supposed to look like?

pls respond

>that droll, and vacant expanse
this perfectly describes my experience with it

>muh empty wurld
dumb meme

I liked perisno

the warhammer one is good if you are big into the lore

really you should just wait for bannerlord to release

which one of you fags is cao cao posting on Veeky Forums

:^)

What's the release date?