Motorisation of entry level cars

Is it a good rule of thumb to buy the second less cheap motor on small cars, like the Jazz pic related?

>20 K with 1.5 i-VTEC
>17 K with 1.3 i-VTEC

I'm afraid of buying a dull car to drive, and this consideration, while I'm not well versed in automobiles, is on my mind for a long time now. That the cheapest motor would be boring.

Attached: S0-modele--honda-jazz-3.jpg (2592x1728, 1.49M)

>considering a fit
>worried about buying a dull car
Kys.

I don't know user, would a "powerfull" Jazz really be less fun to drive than a standard Civic?

The Jazz is much more modulable, making it perfect for the city/sports lifestyle. Or so I believe

Depends on the car, a lot of car magazines and websites usually compare the different engines. Just look which one they like best.

If you want a car that isn't dull to drive, don't get a Jazz

I have an 8th gen civic now and i test drove a 2nd and 3rd gen fit and they're a lot more fun to drive imo, more peppy and great handling.

>city/sports lifestyle.
marketing bullshit
A new econobox is going to be dull, deal with it or buy something used

this is epic bait.
r88/8m8

Okay, less dull to drive then. "Normal to drive but with the ability to go up a ramp" could be a better description. Or "not a veal, without being a racecar".

Thanks for sharing, man of good taste.

>marketing bullshit
Certainly true, but I have been looking for jobs in cities where I can go surfing for longer than I have been looking for a car. 1 week longer exactly. It's just a coincidence that Geneva's car show is now imo.
But besides memeing, no one really answers the main question on motorization (except the gentleman )... :(

The best rule of thumb would be getting something cool like an Evo.
There is no point in spending five digits on a sad economy car

>Evo
Isn't that trying to show off without money?
I'm genuinely concerned

no. Always get the larger engine.

Thank you. Yes, this is what I thought.
Could you develop why though?

That's a car. You can use it however you want. Show off if you please.

IMO the fit is one of the better econoboxes on the roads. If you can OP get a manual with the larger engine if you want fun. You should consider insurance and fuel economy though. Good luck OP.

Wait, do you seriously think everyone here is buying unreliable things like Evos and old sports cars for the IMAGE?

If not the image, then why not something less flashy, like a CRX?

Are you joking? CRXs are nice and all, but they're FWD and have half of the horsepower of an Evo

The Fit RS is the spiritual successor to the EG/EK Civic Si.

Evo looks too douchy in Europe

For us, not you, it's because of the driving characteristics. High power that throws you back in your seat. Suspension designed to rail around corners at speed. Brakes to stop the car on a dime. All of this combined with responsive throttle pedals, a manual gearbox with a right shifter, and hydraulic or unpowered steering to provide solid steering feel, all to sate the stupid desire of going fast.

Attached: 1507438252469.png (966x562, 529K)

What the fuck are you talking about? Normal people will not care and car people will appreciate it. Everyone else is retarded and you shouldn't give a fuck what they think. People refraining from doing fun stuff because of what people will think is the most pathetic thing I could ever think of and it pisses me off so so much.

Definitely not a first car then, is it?

One way or another, we all seek peer approval user.

I'm not saying anything against this car except that it doesn't look for me

You're seeking peer approval by buying a Honda Fit? Are your peers 50 year old women?
Personally my peers would just ignore a Honda Fit, but would ask for rides and would get excited if I bought an Evo.
Listen, I only mentioned the Evo as an example. There are other cool cars to buy with the money you have. If you don't want a cool car, then don't spend 20k on it, buy a 3k civic.

>You're seeking peer approval by buying a Honda Fit?
Not peer disapproval. I mean for a first car it's ok, isn't it? Basically a Twingo, before 30 that's fine.

>There are other cool cars to buy with the money you have.
implying I have any money... What were you thinking about though, since the Evo is not in the sticky?

Sure, a Honda Fit is fine. Not worth 20k though. You're saying you want to buy a car that is "basically a Twingo". That's fine too, but you have to realize that a Twingo costs 500 euros.
And if you don't have any money, how will you afford it?

Btw who the hell shows disapproval for a person for buying a Mitsubishi Evolution? I'm genuinely interested, I can't imagine anyone but a retarded hippie doing that.

Simply ease of life things. The engine won't strain as hard, will accelerate and get up to speed faster. We're talking about cars that are underpowered to start with so you need all the power you can get

There are exceptions. For example, in America, the Chevy Sonic is available with 2 engines, a 138 HP 1.8L and a 138 HP 1.4L Turbo. The turbo, in that case, is the one to go for.

Also, petrol/gasoline over diesel every time no matter how large the diesel is.

Well I hope I'd get money after finding my first engineering job. The thing with 500E Twingos is that it'd be rusted, bumped, generally in bad condition and without AC.

Buying a new car as a first car is probably retarded, and probably won't be my choice except with daddy's money, for obvious reasons.

However, getting to know the current deals well would give a solid point of comparison, without having to go through 130 years of car dealership on three continents.

You'll notice that my first question was really about the motorization of cheap cars, as I would like to avoid the pitfalls, given I am still new in this rather opaque field. (I mean even for the 2018 Jazz it's hard to quantify really the difference, and to evaluate it vs 3K E, which I think is way too much except if the lower priced is really shit).

Well the society I evolve in, I could not drive pic related without looking like white trash.
Not that it's a bad car. But 9/10 "Mistubishi Evo" pics on Google look like this.

Thank you again. Yes, I cannot pick a diesel engine in these days and age. I'll read a bit more on the turbo, as I'm not sure what it means.

Attached: Lancer_Evo_V.jpg (280x181, 12K)