/domg/ - Dominions General

/domg/ - Dominions General
Blessrush edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3457
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DominionsHeroes
mediafire.com/file/4puw35u4jkkbvm8/HoMM.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did LosingToJomon start already?

yes, Midgard lost to Jomon that one time

already ded are we?

Pretty much.

Best way to boost Lemuria's research?
Here's what i'm doing:
>Awake Great Sage with at least 3 death
>Summon first D3 guy
>Summon another one after getting the gems
>rush Ench 3 for Revenants
>Leave one to permanent Revenant summon, the other for research or the occasional additional Revenant.
Anything else i can do? Or am i just doomed to anemic research with the spoopy ghosts?

Yeah, I hit the button after I did my turns.

Here's the memes.

Did you know that monkeys have 7 morale?

Did you know that Rus gets a 8 pearl succubus on Conj 3?

Did you know that Bandar is a little bitch who staled twice in a row?

I will not withdraw my troops

While I do not think I can take this capital with your armies on the move, I will be able to suppress it for a bit

remove demon monkey

fire elementals are truly balanced

/domg/ does anyone have that mod that unlocks pretenders for other nations? Wanted to try some builds and apparently the mod was hosted on desura so it's not around anymore.

Magic scales. Take an awake expander and get huge so you can hire Indy mages and find more D sites.

Damn Vanheim and their stall based strats, I might just go to war on the principle of the thing

How ever could I challenge the might of your bitch-based strat though?

Ur will be the least of your problems soon

I think Xibalba will remain the least of my problems for the foreseeable future.

Conflux update!

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3457

v0.92
- Tempests now really do cost 20 gold
- Wardens of Fire cost 17 gold
- Heart of Fire/Air/Water/Earth/Magic now give 4 temporary gems instead of 2
- Fixed Astral Spirit's magic random
- Energy Elemental overcharged 60->50

BLOAT NEVER ENDS

I need someone to set Kailasa AI, since the guy who subbed in after the bitchfest apparently got bored.

steamchat?

Say that to my pretender and not online, Malakal.

battlefield spells all need nerfs

t. bogarus

so Doom we going to find a point to talk?

The best part of Ur isn't the pretender, it's the foreign rec mages and longbows

What is Urs pretender anyways?

The N/E Annuki

I'll be a lad and post this. It's a shame I can't play any more games, Kailasa got a lot of fun shit, but Fomoria looks unstoppable

Abysia, are you here? Caelum and Fomoria both say they don't need such a long time to do their turns. How long of a timer do you need to do your turns?

Post it for the world to see, Vanheim.

What's Lanka's bless?

Not shown in graph: Fomoria has just cast Samhain and is thus banned from llamaserver in perpetuity.

A rather strong bless

[man with glowing red eyes shaking gif.webm]

Annoying. They must be removed.

more the arrow towers.
on line formation the bats will walk, not fly, in lines. They'll get stuck on one another and at the gateway. They'll mill around.

hey hey hey I had nothing to to do with those elves
I just built a nice door in my house and those jerks run through it once in a while, not my fault, I just wanted my magic door.

And anyways I mostly cast Samhain because it will very quickly pay for itself gem-wise (already half way there). The elfening is just bonus. Not that I have any association with those guys.

Fomoria never not first place in provinces, good strategy

The fuck is a Samhain?

Magic Enhanced spell, causes monthy raids of temporary independent Aos Si (basically Vans) on enemy provinces and creates in all capitols (in the world I think? maybe just that you control, I got it in both Fomoria and Ermor) a special site that gives 20% discount to conjuration and enchantment rituals.

The text description could maybe be interpreted to mean it does more, but I think what I said above is it as far as I can tell.

Sirin is not a succubus. She is cute, CUTE!

oh yeah it's national to celtic nations and also when it's up, Marverni gets blood slaves

I really like the fluff stuff in ME, the balance less so. It brings in even more of the mythology stuff.

Yea cuz what we need is def more bloat

yeah a ton of it feels super sweet

here's the texty in-game stuff from it

the sites it creates are named Samhain Gate

Is bloat the new cd key?

I still need a cd key

Well dont stop now, I still have half the page to work with

hi i not have enough money to buy game someone buy it for me? i not understand image

We already have 1 salva

At least salva could afford the game

Is Bandar not in the game anymore? When will he be set to AI before Vanarus consumes him and unfairly becomes the strongest player in the game after Atlantis?
Shinuyama just magick supported me, I had the Prophet captain, a couple of Golem Crafters and 55+ sacred half-worms vs his 240 of mages, various random summons and goblins. I exchanged almost all of those half-worms and 1 mage versus 100+ of his troops and summons.

Hey, it's not my fault he was a pussy. Besides, the strongest player right now is AI Pangaea who's about to capture one of my forts by complete accident.

>AI Pangaea
>strongest
I take my words back. Right now, my mages and recruiters are brewing 2 strongest armies ever. They will beat both Shinu and Pan in about 50 turns, just watch.

In 50 turn I'll win the game already, pal. Gotta do better than that.

salva is a perfect flower and you won't say anything against her

who is salva

Okay, 45 then.

>salva is a perfect flower

Salva isn't a perfect flower you imbecile, Salva is an angel gifted to us from on high by Panksus

Yeah, Samhain was supposed to be a blanket reduction on Conj and Ench costs worldwide, like the "Stars are right for XXX" events. Unfortunately they are bugged and don't work for modding, so the capital sites was a bit of a hack.

Glad you like the fluff. With regards to balance, there is a Dom3mods thread and a Steam thread where people can report balance issues, but there hasn't been anything serious reported for a while. If you check the changelog the last update was almost entirely balance tweaking in response to feedback, but if nothing is being report I don't have much to go on.

Early on there were some issues with some Global spells and OP summons but they were nerfed as a result.

If you add something that is better than vanilla stuff, it get used but is "OP". If you add stuff that isn't you are adding "bloat". It's a hard life... ;)

Wait till you see my next thing. Ain't no brakes on this bloat train...

>needing an awake expander as Lemuria
look at him and laugh
laugh long and hard

ara ara~

>coenobita rugosus
CUTE!!!!

do not encourage the bloat

nigga just play without magic enhanced holy shit

magic enhanced
indies enhanced
pretenders enhanced
heros enhanced
nations enhanced
items enhanced
sites enhanced
terrain enhanced

WHERE DOES IT END PAL?

ded

maybe air and fire on your pretender so you can make owl quills/lightless lanterns?

Post cheese pizza.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 modnation game! Want to be Sandro and drown the living in countless skeletons? Want to have your hydras tear apart the enemies? Blessrush a scrub with sacred cyclopes? Then you should join!
We need 9 players. The map and other settings are placeholders, and I would appreciate if somebody recommended a good map for 9 players.
Claim your nation! (I promised to give Eeofol/Inferno to a certain person, so consider it claimed).

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DominionsHeroes

But is there Conflux yet?

Yes.
The game disappeared from llama, but should be back soon. Llama does that sometimes.

Here's the modpack.
mediafire.com/file/4puw35u4jkkbvm8/HoMM.rar

Sorry, this isn't a real game. Have you been messing with my URL?

homm a mmeme

DEYJA
E
Y
J
A

Skeletons are in!

Hoes does one heal, "Does not heal naturally" units

bring them to a lab

I think magical creatures with that thing heal in provinces with a lab.

Erathia has no unique pretenders, and their list is really small. SAD!

give them a n9 bless

Not an expander, but you do need an awake pretender, otherwise you literally can't recruit a mage, unless you empower someone 3 fucking times or get lucky with the Wraith Lord hero.

summod gives them a 2 death starting hero
though you also only have like +5 starting gems

>Take an awake expander
>not an expander
u wot m8

>I can't read
I said an Awake PRETENDER you uncultured swine, which means a good magic pretender, not necesseraly an EXPANDER (hell, Lemuria doesn't have expanding problems, and that expanding pretender costs you good magic or dominion scales)

literally look at the fucking post i fucking replied to first you fucking mongoloid

Thanks mate

You literally implied that an awake pretender should also be an expander as well, which is plain wrong in the case of Lemuria, and in some cases also for other nations.

>and that expanding pretender costs you good magic or dominion scales
Dnno what this means because Beasts are the best at expanding and the cheapest pretenders

alright, you seem to be literally incapable of thought

i am i was replying to which said take an awake expander

and then a literal subhuman appears to which i express my confusion who then proceeds to get retard rage is this simple enough for you
do i have to draw a picture and explain it with shorter words

Good talk.