Is Texas /ourstate/?

Could it be possible lads?

Attached: 0F98B7B8-AB8E-4D04-9112-7797E7D76B21.jpg (1080x1080, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytrafficticket.com/resources/traffic-news/worlds-fastest-speeding-ticket/
google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/news/17282/181-in-a-75-here-are-the-20-fastest-speeding-tickets-in-texas-in-2017?source=dam
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>No Twisties
D R O P P E D

NC would probably be the best if it didn't have high gas prices.
>He hasn't driven on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Each state has some pros and cons, whether it's road quality, weather, location of shops, cost of living, roas variety, so on.

It's true. Just can't do it in the cities AFAIK.

>t. rural Texan resident

Attached: 1515453107162.gif (137x186, 675K)

>nc
>high gas prices
It's like 2.39 a gallon for 87 octane where I am, doesn't seem too bad.

this too, cats are for chumps

Attached: emis_counties.jpg (420x351, 31K)

>general public
>going fast on curvy roads

Boyracer mcfaggot in a GT86: BALD TIRES ON THE BACK DORIFTO IMMA TOFU DRIVER
Guard rail: Tell my wife I loved her

come to socal where regular is $3.29/gal. Our pumps only go up to 91 octane, too.

Attached: 1509773224955.jpg (427x366, 46K)

>hurr cats r 4 shumbs

Attached: los-angeles-1954-smog-6.jpg (640x813, 107K)

no twisties and nightwave fags drive around in circles on the highway since they have no twisties. their laws let you take advantage of their utterly unremarkable roads

No California is.

yes even with the high taxes and strict gun laws.

If you're a true car enthusiast and thats the only thing you care about California is the absolute BEST place to live. No question. Just don't be a poorfaggot.

>Blue Ridge Parkway

Enjoy getting stuck behind boomers on their Harleys going 5 under lmao

>Strict smog laws and anal police
I live here it sucks

Bahaha can't compete with your 4 banger?

>anal police
Sounds hot as fuck

>tfw there's SOME twisties in El Paso county
>but OBDII testing (but you can pay a mexican $60 to plug in a severed OBDII diagnostic cable to do some fuckery to fudge your inspection results)
>but you'd be living in El Paso county
Also fuck the "front license plate law", my car looks better without one

Attached: 1518247507525.jpg (480x379, 20K)

If you like getting fucked in the ass by police with their rediculous tickets then yes I guess it’s hot as fuck

This.
It almost feels like NC is nothing but old fucks, all holding onto what they have because "I know what I've got"
And people who think salvage title cars are still worth something.

Attached: E2C7AA19-B1F2-4555-A9B8-B8BEF892A14B.jpg (211x238, 40K)

sounds like you're poor.

kek americans on suicide watch

I do 90 every day on 101 as does everyone normal when traffic conditions allow

Nothing to brag about

Yep, I'm convinced all the young people move out immediately after college.
t. NCfag

>mfw my car can't reach 85mph
>mfw it struggles to maintain 65mph

What car?

>Have highest speed limits in the country
>admit to exceeding them by a significant amount and look down on people who don't

These people are just ammunition for the faggots at city council and in the police force who know very well that raising the limits won't stop people en masse from doing 20 over whatever the posted limit is. Fuck this guy

Attached: 16939485_10212696674398588_2312358717201976044_n.jpg (960x498, 33K)

Toyota Land Cruiser (FJ60)

I can only imagine how dangerous being forced to merge with a giant line of texting amerisharts tailgating at well over 140km/h in their landbarges and brotrucks with barely functional brakes and shit flying off them as they drive would be

Attached: 1485112636330.jpg (630x420, 24K)

85mph in an FJ62 is surprisingly comfortable. I wasn't driving though.

Attached: IMG_20171105_145215742.jpg (2560x1440, 1.42M)

In most of europe, it never goes any lower than that(95RON=91US)
And gas costs 6 or 7 USD/gal

Some people have it worse.

FJ62 has the automatic 4 speed which helps it cruise. FJ60 has a 4 speed manual with a 1:1 4th gear and a 4k rpm redline.

I've never been to Texas but I've seen an 85mph speed limit before.

No. Montana is. No emissions and 5 dollar speeding tickets that don't go on your record.

Hallelujah

Attached: biglet.jpg (1125x1125, 203K)

>look in rearview mirror
>see no cars behind me
>slow down to 35
>HARD accelerate to 95
Who else does this?

>tfw the highest speed limit around here is 65 mph
I regularly find myself stuck behind people going 62 in the left lane.

It seems like a decent place for autoism. No rust, low prices, lenient speed limits, very little regulation

I hate driving on roads that fast. I waste gas money and my 24 year old van feels like it's going to shake itself apart above 80.

>speed like a madman
>essentially tip the police when you’re done
Sounds fantastic desu

This is fairly true. There are some stretches of highway where you can drive for hours without coming across a town of any decent size. Cruised at 95 for about a half hour between Corpus Christi and San Antonio the other day

>Flat as fuck
>Pavement princess suburbanite "rednecks"
>Corrupt goverment
>Super speeder law that gives them the right to crush your car.

FUUUUCK that.

South Carolina is where its at, our gas is 50cent cheaper, no smog checks and I can still be in NC in a matter of 30mins.

I drove to San Antonio from Austin as one of the longer drives I did in the states, and for a guy from a country thats just mountains, valleys, forests and lakes I was sorta jealous about just how far you can get in a short amount of time

Attached: 1515626904958.jpg (1521x856, 292K)

The trucks on this road probably won't be going any faster than 70. Just stay in the right lane and keep pace with the trucks and no one will care.

My 38 year old volvo can't even get to 80 and gets the shakes past 65, kek. Glad I live in the state with the slowest highway speeds.

Massacusetts blows for being an Veeky Forumsfag. Strict state inspections, limited E85, strict modification laws, horribly maintained roads, traffic, and heavy road tax. When the hill/mountain roads are maintained, they're fun to drive on, and there's lots of them. And 93 everywhere

>what is Twisted Sisters

Do you actually believe your own shitposts, or is this just bait?

How is this a shitpost?

i drove from denver to college station tx in one night

and i went through the countryside from abilene to temple then some other hwy like 190 or something

Exactly - you'll need a helicopter to do that here.

Reminder
nytrafficticket.com/resources/traffic-news/worlds-fastest-speeding-ticket/
google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/news/17282/181-in-a-75-here-are-the-20-fastest-speeding-tickets-in-texas-in-2017?source=dam
All the speed freaks of Americs are in Texas, straight roads make for optimal speeding

bolivia?

Except hardly anyone drives on I-130 since it's a toll road and not that useful for most people. Every time I've ever been on it it's been almost totally empty, and I've been able to cruise at 100+ mph without fear of an accident or a ticket.

He's from Norway

i drove from schweinfurt to amsterdam on a sunday morning, left at 3am, arrived in amsterdam at 6am

did you miss the part where you drove through the 4th biggest city in the US, houston?

its a very expensive toll road too

because people that can afford it won't have cars that fall apart at those speeds

You're really asking if the post filled with every "lol ameritard" cliche in the book is not a shitpost? Also if you are it's usually pretty empty, and the merging lane briefly forms a third lane before merging back with the main outer lane.

Attached: 1512623071195.jpg (563x563, 14K)

This tbdesu. It's quite impressive actually, given the circumstances you mentioned and emissions testing.

Sorry OP, Utah is a better state than Texas in every measurable way.

>80mph highways
>I-15 is even 75 unless you're literally right in SLC/Provo
>Cops don't bother with any speeder who isn't doing at least 20 over
>Salt flats
>Twisty mountain/canyon roads
>Tons of great places to go offroading
>Entire state is fucking gorgeous
>Mormons have actual culture and decency unlike the average Southern religious zealot
>Winters are cold enough for snow but not miserable
>Summers are warm enough for fun and aren't not balls-blisteringly hot

Basically there's no reason to live in TX.

t. utahn

Attached: Utah Map_201406120753357789.gif (391x502, 12K)

>dry
>altitude
i'd rather live in texas

Driving from Corpus Christi to San Antonio doesn't take you through Houston at all, you don't come within 150 miles of it. Look at a map.

My poor Hyundai Accent screams bloody murder at just 80mph/4K rpm. I don't have it in me to hurt her with 85+ mph long roads

I've lived in both and I have to say Utah is pretty great. Nobody in the state knows how to drive. Awful drivers. Fucking awful. Near accidents every fucking day because retards just do not care.

it's the altitude. their brains are starved of oxygen

>Tip the police

Attached: 1516314583396.png (753x915, 1.03M)

>Blue Ridge Parkway
Isn't the speed limit like 35mph?

Isn't Raleigh one of the fastest growing cities in America for young professionals?

It varies a lot. But in the twisties, yes. And then the boomers ride 5 under on their Harleys so even if you wanna go fast you physically can't. They won't let you pass and get butthurt if confronted about it

Can vouch for IT fields growing bigly there

>140 kmph
How many of those in miles, commie?

Attached: 1483407496095.gif (200x126, 1.36M)

Lmao nigger pls

Here in commiefornia the limit is 80mph but people drive 90mph+ in the city and nobody gives a fuck

All you need is to have money and tú own this shitty city

Attached: 2331F17A-056F-4ACB-9B37-379AA10C8077.jpg (317x267, 32K)

I drive tx-130 monthly when down there on business trips. It's a big, mostly straight road with no great views but a high speed limit and very little traffic. Nothing to write home about. After a few minutes, you get used to going 90 mph on cruise control. It's also a toll road.

What said, though on a side note I did do a significant amount of driving in and around Houston recently as well and have never wanted to nuke a single city more
>perpetual hellish bumper to bumper traffic
>navigation constantly routing me onto toll roads
>toll roads completely clogged despite having six lanes in both directions
>reach my destination 5 minutes ahead of nav’s estimate using toll road despite saying fuck it and taking residential streets for 15 fucking miles and stopping every few minutes to check where the hell I am
Add on top of that the insane amount of worse than usual Texas drivers and ghetto cruisers that should have been crushed 20 years ago and I’ve never been so happy to get on a clear highway out of town

this
>twisties to the east
>salt flats to the west
>off roading to the south
>everywhere is empty on Sundays (lol mormons)
>relaxed cops (unless in SLC)
>friendly people (but shitty drivers)
It really is the best place to live if you have any outdoor hobbies.
But there's just so many slow boomers shitting up the local twisties on bikes.

>Nobody in the state knows how to drive. Awful drivers. Fucking awful. Near accidents every fucking day because retards just do not care.
For real, everyone is so aggressive. It can make every day driving much more exciting, but everyone just assumes jesus will protect them. I get honked at whenever I drive in a different state because of how used to it you get.

fugg am I missing something? I live in utah and it's pretty damn terrible. Every canyon is heavily patrolled during all times of the day (along with also being full of slowpokes all the time). Sure there's the drag racing which is huge but I'm not really in to that, it gets old quick.
There could be some god tier roads here, but they have cops stationed at blind corners on every single one of them. I have to drive like an hour to get to east canyon which is the best I have found so far. Seriously if I'm just a brainlet and missing something please enlighten me.

One user recommended me Lincoln Beach Road down towards the south of the Utah lake, it is really quite fun.
There are tons of roads if you just ask around. Or, drive around provo canyon and explore.

Euro here. I'll be driving in the states for the first time next month, specifically LA, Malibu and that whole region north of LA. What should I expect?

Traffic regardless of the time of day. Plan accordingly. Also no parking/expensive parking.

Thanks user I'll check it out. I never go to the provo area much but you're right I have heard good things, that'll be next on my list in spring. I don't get out much so anything I have found is purely by exploration and I live near slc so it hasn't turned up much obviously.

>He's never tried it and doesn't know anyone who has, so it must be an impossible feat
Sad as fuck.

And in that case:
>Inbred douchebag in a Mustang: MUH VEE-ATE! LOOK AT ME I'M A TOP FUEL DRAG RACE-
>You before you roll and flip across the side of the road 30 times: Tell my girlfriend... you love her

The fact that I've lived almost collectively six months and never had a wreck probably means that I have patrician-tier driving skills, and that includes driving on the entirety of 290 (to Hempstead) every single weekend for the last four or five weeks.

Attached: 1509601533483.jpg (500x500, 60K)

any state that requires front plates is shit

I just did a drive from Baton Rouge to San Antonio yesterday, it wasn't so bad. Everyone is doing 10-20 over which I guess can be daunting at first but when you get in the groove it's smooth sailing. the only real issue is semi-trucks passing each other on 2 lane highways and taking forever and a day to do it.

traffic

mfw grew up in dubai
daddy had an SRT8, GF had a cooper S
highest speed limit 140kmh but cameras didn't flash until 160.
Mfw hit 200kmh in a mini cooper.

Attached: das_IT_MANE.png (414x499, 374K)

Can confirm, my daily drive looks more like Wangan Midnight than a commute to work

Whoops, somehow linked to you instead of

austin to san antonio is a legitimately enjoyable drive
I have had fun every time

Try it with a shitty Skylark that pulls slightly to the left, broken AC, seat back that rattles and a transmission that never really made up its mind where it wanted to be

Attached: 20171102_142410_resized.jpg (2304x1296, 1.28M)

last time I did it was going about 95-105 the whole way in my 06 civic (rip). some dude in an impreza was in the far lane mirroring every move I made, it was fun
I miss having a zippy car =(

One thing that driving over there made me realise is that daily drivers having V6's and so on makes a lot of sense over there. The typical euro DD with a 1.6-2.0 diesel would suck big ass on those highways

What I realized after moving from Texas is that the way they drive there would get them killed in other places lol
I live at the other tail end of I35 now and there are deer everywhere, white out driving conditions, and plenty of winding roads
TX is just a grid

>Tfw the Mexicans are the only reason El Paso county has emissions.
Why can't Trump sue the Mexicans over muh clean air?

Attached: mfw_shit_bait.png (384x390, 175K)

Drive like a Texan. Nearly everyone here knows how to speed without a radar detector.
Also it's nice knowing that city, county, and state police are understaffed and only focus on crime that matters.

I never understood american speed limits. Everyone seems to be doing far greater speeds than those on the sign.
How much realistically are you allowed to do on a road where a speed limit of 85mph is enacted?

Probably 94 or so unless a cop feels like being a dick.

It isn't policed so everyone just drives as fast as they can. People don't move over and the corners are fairly tight so it's like a real life Wangan Midnight

what's the purpose of the speed limits then if they are so poorly enforced?
Wouldn't making 85 a 90 and actually enforcing it make more sense?

Realistically if you got in an accident, especially vehicular manslaughter is speeding prior to the accident considered aggravating in court?

Liability mostly. Somewhat like Northern Australia, Isle of Man, etc. there's little to no safety increase or money to be made from trying to enforce laws on what is assumed to be a lightly trafficked and, in this case, impractical to use road so they set the speed limit really high and leave people to their own devices. If you crash because you exceeded the speed limit then it's your fault for not obeying a traffic sign and not driving reaosnably and prudently.

Much like those places as well, the road probably doesn't actually meet the criteria for an 85mph speed limit either (tight corners, bumpy roads especially do the "segmented overpass" design, poor maintenance, etc.) but you could make the arguement that suboptimal road conditions could keep drivers alert and actually improve safety. I'm only aware of one accident that happened on that road since the limit was raised a couple years ago, though it was a deadly one mind you.

It also might be a money thing. It's a privately owned toll road and having a high speed limit with little enforcement might be a way to attract drivers to it. Though this is probably a symptom of the whole "muh revenue generation" movement that's been sweeping America for the past decade or so.

Attached: B8B115CD-AD93-4F7A-B8C1-FD943B6AC34E-18073-00000DFC10DF7E7E.png (477x502, 495K)